The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@MojoDublin a comedy response for you ❄ πŸΎβ„ 'its snowing champagne in wonderland' πŸ˜‡
@MojoDublin a comedy response for you ❄ πŸΎβ„ 'its snowing champagne in wonderland' πŸ˜‡
😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝

Typical the one time in life
I could drink 🍸 up
A shower 🚿

πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

u don't know or don't want to know?
people tell you everything even in few words, you don't need to know their whole life to connect it, if you know what to connect,
at the end of the day the name of the diagnosis is nothing it is far more complex than just some label, but if you want to know more this is the direction for your own research

also you dont have to like something for it to reflect the reality, it is just what it is, it doesn't give it good/bad connotation either, it is just to enlighten the ones who cannot point the finger on what they see

and then once you know it is up to you to decide if you take the whole package or you skip it altogether
🚨🚨🚨Backtrack - cos it’s annoying ...me 🀣🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨⭐🚨

This thread 🧡 initially was a friendly poke about .... a chat 0000

Lalande while flogging pulling smiles N stunts ....
that were a tad cheeky !!πŸ¦„

Yet now it seems β€œ thoughts πŸ’­ or observations ....
are now a social experiment for a particular few or ... to be mused over and analyzed -

@sandro37 - your first posting came in so hot and heavy - I personally thought πŸ’­ .... wow Brenda don’t hide under a bushel ...πŸ€•

For a newbie ... you had a very entrenched View of LOTL - I thought nope .... big agenda here ...

Id observed on FB forums and as I’ve previously stated Lalande-Stephanie had a concerted PR campaign - to rid herself of DOnegal trotter since Wednesday last .....
right went your angst blew into town ......
Just an observation .....
to quote yourself
I like observing ppl watching their behavior .... interesting πŸ™ƒ

Caught up now on all the thread where opinions vary - not aggressive ect ect ...

still TO ME .. there’s an inside agenda from YOU ... 🧐🀨

derail any sign of poking fun at the chat ooo
as it SEEMS the concept is alien to you to slag off shown behaviors 😞

The slagging off and concerns voiced here - got the attention of LOTL

Things changed - without been socially analyzed - with no uncertain amount of twisted angst ..... personally I just love observing...πŸ¦„πŸ’šπŸ¦„

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
random question but does anyone know why she doesn't have children? it wouldn't surprise me if the true reason is that she herself wanted to be a child forever
Thank god she doesn't have a bunch of toddlers screaming in the background or a trampoline in the courtyard.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Yes Stephanie does give month to month breakdown of her patreon money. She has confirmed that patreon money will go to non profit. 100% of it will go into renovation and nothing else. Dan and selmar will be paid through patreon money as their work comes under restoration category

And there will be another business set up where the bnb and youtube money will go. It is through this that nati and marry poppins will be paid. This is part of Stephanie's personal income. So no i dont think she will give a breakdown of youtube income. Although she did mention that she was able to book for the first time 1st class flight ticket for isobel france to south africa in light of corona from youtube income.

He other income includes rent from her london apartments through airbnb. Although at the current situation i dunno if she is getting rent or not.

And if patreon money is going 100% to renovation which in turn benifits nic and potts. Even though all the efforts of patreon is Stephanie's. Nic and Micheal seeem to be essentially getting their house renovated for free. I am sure the 3 of them have an arrangement where nic and micheal pay stephanie some money as well.
why do ppl assume that BB is part of personal income - normally you have a company and from that, you can pay yourself personal income or you get dividends, don't forget there are 3 investors who need to split the profit (if any) so the 1st class ticket has to come from the 1/3 profit or real personal income, but people are so happy that she broke even and at the same time bought FIRST class ticket while volunteers for work food, how lovely! I am telling you guys I am learning here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Or, maybe the locals know what's coming.............
Every patron (not just the higher tier donors) will receive - to quote SJ - "An annual invitation to a Summer Open Day at the Chateau de Lalande to see the progress of the renovations and to meet with me and the rest of the Lalande team". It is one of the benefits she offers. Covid, of course, put paid to it this year, but next year - ???
At present there are 2325 patrons. Obviously, not all will want to, or be able to go. But those that do will probably all want to bring their partner/friend/carer/probation officer with them, so it is more than likely to be a significant number turning up at the door, roughing up the pink gravel.
To my shame, my first thought when I found this out was: Souvenir Hunters! Lock up anything small and portable (although maybe this would be an ideal way to get rid of some of those tacky gifts).
My next thought (being ever practical) was: so many people, so few loos (better get cracking Selmar).
And then: SJ couldn't possibly play good hostess without, at the very least, bubbly and nibbles (going to need a bigger table Marie).
Also: whatever will the locals think if hundreds of superfans turn up at once? No doubt Mrs Gibbons will be offering bespoke coach tours for the chosen few.
I'm sure you will all have other takes on this, but I think it is asking for trouble.
I read a comment on her latest vlog saying that they couldn't wait to come to Lalande and have their pajamas cocktails in the kitchen with Lalande family.
Madness.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yes Stephanie does give month to month breakdown of her patreon money. She has confirmed that patreon money will go to non profit. 100% of it will go into renovation and nothing else. Dan and selmar will be paid through patreon money as their work comes under restoration category

And there will be another business set up where the bnb and youtube money will go. It is through this that nati and marry poppins will be paid. This is part of Stephanie's personal income. So no i dont think she will give a breakdown of youtube income. Although she did mention that she was able to book for the first time 1st class flight ticket for isobel france to south africa in light of corona from youtube income.

He other income includes rent from her london apartments through airbnb. Although at the current situation i dunno if she is getting rent or not.

And if patreon money is going 100% to renovation which in turn benifits nic and potts. Even though all the efforts of patreon is Stephanie's. Nic and Micheal seeem to be essentially getting their house renovated for free. I am sure the 3 of them have an arrangement where nic and micheal pay stephanie some money as well.
Nic and Marie are paying the renovations of their private apartment in the chateau with their own money.
Besides, Nic paid most of the big renovations in the chateau at the very beginning. Stephanie told her viewers in the first vlogs. Stephanie didn't pay anything at that time.

SJ mentioned in one vlog that she had no input at all into Nic and Marie's bathroom and was curious to see what layout and fittings they had chosen. So they must be organising that without her. I don't recall any mention of how it was being paid for though.
With their own money.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@MojoDublin
I tend to get annoyed by passive-aggressiveness,
my agenda is simple - I am a truthteller, no bullshit-haver
if I chose to address your other concerns, I have no idea what is your role here - are you a protector of BS?
go to the first thread to see how friendly we are here, we state the obvious in a fun, borderline sarcastic manner
I was in town way before you, and how delighted I was to finally discover lalaland thread, my dreams came true

Reactions: 11
Noticed that Nic’s new bathroom has linoleum floor unlike the stone and tile floor in the longest bathroom reno in the history of France. So I really think the renovations are separate or at least the materials must be. We all know SJ isn’t putting lino around her copper tub!

Also, I make sure to avoid any of the YT Q&A Live videos because it is basically a telethon. One question asked and answered followed up by (use the Gift Grab OTT voice) thank you Brenda Gibbons (or any super fan name) for (insert ridiculous over the top amount) we are just overwhelmed by your generosity etc etc etc. Instant gratification versus waiting months for SJ to open and swoon over peacock broach.

Not sure if that is tracked with ad revenue but it all has to add up. She is really making bank.
Though the donations during livestreams are slowing down. And she hasn't done a live Q&A in a while. I guess because that one time it failed.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
why do ppl assume that BB is part of personal income - normally you have a company and from that, you can pay yourself personal income or you get dividends, don't forget there are 3 investors who need to split the profit (if any) so the 1st class ticket has to come from the profit or real personal income, but people are so happy that she broke even and at the same time bought FIRST class ticket while volunteers for work food, how lovely! I am telling you guys I am learning here.
I will always find hard to believe that people actually BELIEVE everything Stephanie tells them about money and finances.
But that's my French cynical / pragmatic / revolutionary side πŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Though the donations during livestreams are slowing down. And she hasn't done a live Q&A in a while. I guess because that one time it failed.
maybe Q&A is coming since they got 3 bars on the barn next door and now she can do it from her bedroom

Reactions: 3
😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝

Typical the one time in life
I could drink 🍸 up
A shower 🚿

πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

🚨🚨🚨Backtrack - cos it’s annoying ...me 🀣🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨⭐🚨

This thread 🧡 initially was a friendly poke about .... a chat 0000

Lalande while flogging pulling smiles N stunts ....
that were a tad cheeky !!πŸ¦„

Yet now it seems β€œ thoughts πŸ’­ or observations ....
are now a social experiment for a particular few or ... to be mused over and analyzed -

@sandro37 - your first posting came in so hot and heavy - I personally thought πŸ’­ .... wow Brenda don’t hide under a bushel ...πŸ€•

For a newbie ... you had a very entrenched View of LOTL - I thought nope .... big agenda here ...

Id observed on FB forums and as I’ve previously stated Lalande-Stephanie had a concerted PR campaign - to rid herself of DOnegal trotter since Wednesday last .....
right went your angst blew into town ......
Just an observation .....
to quote yourself
I like observing ppl watching their behavior .... interesting πŸ™ƒ

Caught up now on all the thread where opinions vary - not aggressive ect ect ...

still TO ME .. there’s an inside agenda from YOU ... 🧐🀨

derail any sign of poking fun at the chat ooo
as it SEEMS the concept is alien to you to slag off shown behaviors 😞

The slagging off and concerns voiced here - got the attention of LOTL

Things changed - without been socially analyzed - with no uncertain amount of twisted angst ..... personally I just love observing...πŸ¦„πŸ’šπŸ¦„
What on Earth does all of this mean? Additionally, are you accusing Sandro of being Brenda?!

Reactions: 13
lol, but I was curious if she ever addressed it, she was with potty for so long
Isabelle said in front of the camera that children have never been her cup of tea. Stephanie is either the same or followed her mummy's preferences.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
She mentioned that she got divorced from her husband because she realised he wanted a more traditional life but she likes to live in a community.
On the interview with Nati Nati mentioned she would like to have kids but right now she is happy the way it is. I am sorry that I don't know what SJ answered but you can go back if you want. Or somebody here might know

I will always find hard to believe that people actually BELIEVE everything Stephanie tells them about money and finances.
But that's my French cynical / pragmatic / revolutionary side πŸ˜‚
Haha, so true. Like when she was doing the video in this other church where she said she will donate

maybe Q&A is coming since they got 3 bars on the barn next door and now she can do it from her bedroom
And she is behind with the targets, right? Though they seem to drop?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I think Stephanie’s lack of children is her own business. Women have so much societal pressure to breed, and it’s irritating that child free women are looked on as an anomaly.
Some women simply don’t like them, some women aren’t prepared to make the sacrifices that having children bring. I don’t see anything wrong with that.

A friend of mine has slight narcissistic tendencies that she inherited from her mother. She made the decision never to have children because she has the foresight to see that she wouldn’t/couldn’t be selfless enough to be a good mother. Maybe this is something that Stephanie recognised in herself given her own personality and relationship with Isabelle.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The fact that she has plants for the garden (the dahlias that were sent to her London flat) shipped from the UK versus just purchasing down the road always perplexed me. She is not alone. Can’t remember the names of the other chateau where they did a massive lavender planting at their entrance and the plants all came from the UK. Seems very odd.
I guess she orders online and it seems that the feels more comfortable in English so she goes on amazon UK instead of French amazon and rather pays more postage πŸ˜‚

Reactions: 8
I don't think she's addressed it ever, but my childless aunt is my personal favorite. People get so nosey about women having children, and in a weird knowing way. Like there must be something wrong. The timing was probably just wrong. Her dad died, and she was alone for awhile. Or maybe she's barren and we should write a fanfic.

Reactions: 7
I think Stephanie’s lack of children is her own business. Women have so much societal pressure to breed, and it’s irritating that child free women are looked on as an anomaly.
Some women simply don’t like them, some women aren’t prepared to make the sacrifices that having children bring. I don’t see anything wrong with that.

A friend of mine has slight narcissistic tendencies that she inherited from her mother. She made the decision never to have children because she has the foresight to see that she wouldn’t/couldn’t be selfless enough to be a good mother. Maybe this is something that Stephanie recognised in herself given her own personality and relationship with Isabelle.
true, but still one can wonder without always getting feedback of those who don't want some kids that those asking are not "normal". That's irritating, too. Sorry for my bad English - there's a way to say it betterπŸ˜”. Nothing we discuss here is actually our business but we still do it.

You are right, some people better should not have became parents, but I feel SJ is not one of them. And those asking I guess just would like her to have the joys of becoming a mother. (and yes most of the time it is a joy😊)

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
true, but still one can wonder without always getting feedback of those who don't want some kids that those asking are not "normal". That's irritating, too. Sorry for my bad English - there's a way to say it betterπŸ˜”. Nothing we discuss here is actually our business but we still do it.

You are right, some people better should not have became parents, but I feel SJ is not one of them. And those asking I guess just would like her to have the joys of becoming a mother. (and yes most of the time it is a joy😊)
Absolutely. Maybe it’s a personal reaction. I’m a woman who is intentionally child free. I don’t hate children I just don’t want them. The constant questions about when I’m going to have a baby really irritate me.

Perhaps having a child is a joy, personally I can’t see how it is. I might be wrong but I’m not willing to risk an having unhappy child to find out if I am mistaken.
It’s really interesting having a different perspective though. Thanks

Reactions: 14
Sorry to disturb but I really didn't think @sandro37 was aggressive and bitter. Come on ! What was said is what everyone thinks about SJ. Only difference is that Sandro 37 expressed it in a clear and honest way.
You would wonder if this tale.life thread has not become another "official" whatever fan page.
Just because of one comment?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It amazes me to read the comments from the American fans.
Now they all believe that the Christmas cake Stephanie made in her latest vlog is a French cake for a French tradition.
It seems that they have no idea of what is an English Christmas cake and only vaguely know what a fruitcake is.
Of course they have no idea of bΓ»che de NoΓ«l, the French traditional Christmas cake.
It's a fact that Stephanie never explains in her vlogs that she cooks mostly British meals/dishes etc.
The same way she doesn't explain why they celebrate Halloween or Thanksgiving which are not French traditions.
I mean it's OK to do what you want of course.
But when you have a vlog about a French chateau in France with a very large American audience who doesn't necessarily knows the difference between the European countries traditions, she could explain a bit more. IMO.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.