The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Without wanting to start a thermomix debate (there are millions of threads discussing pro and cons):you can be a proper cook and use thermomix. It can be a very helpful tool even in a professional kitchen especially when you cook for bigger groups. Just because we don't see her using it more often it doesn't mean she uses it only for weighing.

Reactions: 5
I find it gas (Irish slang - hilarious) that Brenda is running a campaign to get TCD to 100k subscribers on YouTube. The channel is growing at its usual pace and is bound to get to 100k in the next week or so, but we'll just wait for the celebratory - 'WE did it - congratulations all a powerful community we are!'. Nothing to do with the fact that it's been continually and consistency growing with consistent content.

Reactions: 15
Thank you Mojo , I thought it was just me that was getting really fed up of this pseudo intellectual psycho babble on this thread IMO.
Which pseudo intellectual psycho babble? Did I miss something?

She might have more but they are camera shy or just don't want to be mentioned at all in public. If my friend would become so famous I certainly wouldn't want to be a part of it at all. SJ for sure has a life next to the camera and her chanel we don't get to know and won't ever get to know.

You would be mad to appear next to SJ on camera and expose yourself to the world as a female friend. Or rather self confident See what happend to Ruth. She for sure regretted to ever have shown up there.

They will all need accommodation so good for local business. SJ is inviting them to the summer party, nothing else. You will have to RSVP to help her organizing it. But how you get there and where you stay is your problem. If there are too many for a day, she will have just another day

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I wish someone would give me free money
Happy to do it if you have good content on your YouTube!

Anyway, glad to see childfree people on here! I thought I stumbled upon some mummy blog gossip page??? Rather than that of a lady who vlogs about her carefree chateau life without any inclination towards wanting children.

The comments on the Patreon page are quite sickeningly sweet so can only imagine the fawning that would occur if it happens. Unfortunately, no interest in travelling just to visit the Chateau to give spy reports even if the meet-up happens!

Reactions: 10
I agree I am never interested in anything about kids if the kids are younger than my kid right now. But would be fun to see her pushing the stroller over the gravel when going for the daily walk with the baby
Ha! The idea of stephanie going on a daily walk or getting out of bed before noon!! She made the right decision. Unless she procreates with Princess Philip!

I am American and my family celebrates Christmas with a buche de noel every year. Sticky pudding yes please- Christmas pudding no thank you.

Its easy enough to Sherlock Holmes the shit out of agendas, realistically present or internet interpreted. But i am here for my own entertainment and believe the same is true for many here. Its s good diversion from real life agendas and drama.

I found this because I was curious about what planet Selmar came from and disbelief over the shear tonnage of gifts. Now my ads are constantly directed to Faber Castell pencil sets and Thermomix. LOTL has upgraded me

Reactions: 18
SJs Thermomix gets more use than some of my kitchen gadgets. Shes used it a lot when she’s got b&b guests or events. That to me seemed one of her more sensible purchases.

Reactions: 4
Struggling to be on vacation for half the year!

Reactions: 1
Correct songbirds are eaten across Italy and france.
Only in South of France, , Provence.
In Italy too ? I didn't know. That explains. It is said to be a Roman tradition. Provence was a Roman provincia (hence the name Provence).
Interesting.

Your first para reminds me of a friend who has had "woofer" (worldwide organic opportunities in farming) volunteers helping her out on her farm in Ireland for years. She always asks the woofers if they'd like to cook a meal or two representing their home country and write it down for her to transcribe into a collection of recipes from across the globe.

My pal has built up a collection of the most wonderful dishes - not just starters, main courses and puddings but cakes, bread, pickles, chutney, jam...the list is endless, and she uses the recipes a lot. She's had several volunteers from China and found the regional nuances in seasoning, etc fascinating.

Some of the Lalande volunteers do seem to cook food from home for all and sundry but who knows if the recipes become part of the repertoire. In some cases, one would hope not. Philip's pea risotto for one.

Reactions: 13
I have a Thermomix and couple of Smeg fridges. The Bimby (Thermomix) was bought when I lived in Portugal. I use it all the time. They’re seen as essential in Many European countries and I agree. I would never be without one now. It just makes life easier. The Smeg are just beautiful - I wanted one for years and bought my first when I got a generous commission for some freelance work a while back. I like SJ love a bit of maximalism and appreciate beautiful things. It’s hard to find a beautiful fridge and Smegs are the best of an un aesthetically pleasing essential item. I bet that’s why she has one. I loved mine that much I have the matching washing machine, kettle and toaster.

I also noticed SJ’s wonderful cooker. She probably didn’t need that La Cornue as she isn’t a great cook but it is soooo aesthetically pleasing she had no other choice! If I didn’t live in a Victorian terrace, I’d have one too!

Reactions: 8
Some of the Lalande volunteers do seem to cook food from home for all and sundry but who knows if the recipes become part of the repertoire. In some cases, one would hope not. Philip's pea risotto for one.

Think that with this attempt at cooking, he freed himself from this task.
Clever !

Reactions: 23
thought the same myself when I saw the red post ....

The tide wouldn’t take donegal Brenda out
She’s some neck

Look, everyone knows the only thing you need in a kitchen is an AGA, preferably in pieces.

Reactions: 31
Does anyone else here not watch her Sundays at the Chateau? They seem more like commercials than anything else. I love her usual vlogs but I’ve had to stop watching Sundays as I just can’t seem to sit through them. Wondering if I’m alone in this?

Reactions: 3
Her kitchen is full of very expensive appliances. Her La Cornue range is easily 20K+. She's clearly into aesthetics more than practicality. The Smeg fridge is beautiful but it's actually not the best fridge out there for the price.

Reactions: 14
Her kitchen is full of very expensive appliances. Her La Cornue range is easily 20K+. She's clearly into aesthetics more than practicality. The Smeg fridge is beautiful but it's actually not the best fridge out there for the price.
my thoughts exactly, couldn't write it better

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.