The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Brilliant. You’ve said it as it will be. Right down to the Amazon Warehouse - and I laughed at the bit where Stephanie ‘travels more with Oliver’ on art/food tours - expect exotic/unusual destinations & upgrades in luxe accommodation as hotels/businesses clamour to collaborate with her in return for a shout-out & advertising that features attractive & effervescent, educated Chatelaine. She has the most incredible launchpad now for untold fame & enormous financial gain on the horizon (not that I’m knocking the massive income she must already be deriving from YouTube ads/Patreon - even after tax) I’m sure your prediction that Brenda will NOT be Chief of Merchandising is spot-on. I have two questions, one, why is Stephanie not already putting in place protection for any merchandising - she could state on her vlog that ‘the only way to buy official merch will be via her Chateau La Lande page. Patreon/fans will then immediately know anything elsewhere is a ‘knock-off’ - even if that ‘working web page’ is a while in production.
My second question is how will SJ deal with the wild card that is Brenda ? Cue the music There may be trouble ahead ....

Reactions: 11
@Calvignac I believe you, the winters do look seriously cold at La Lande. I've been caught out in Paris in the winter - it is freezing, can't imagine Berry is much different. In ETTCDIY Dick thought she was nuts for not insulating the chateau roof....fur coat, no knickers

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Paris is in a continental climate (very cold winters, very hot summers). Berry (chateau de Lalande) is a semi continental, semi Oceanic (more temperate) climate.
For example, Limousin (Limoges, 1 hour drive from Lalande) is extremely cold in winter.

Reactions: 7
Available EXCLUSIVELY from Donegal Shat O Tat Enterprises.

Reactions: 15
Available EXCLUSIVELY from Donegal Shat O Tat Enterprises.
Certainly Brenda "idle hands are the devil's workshop" Gibbons' shenanigans have been a wake up call. It takes a couple of months to build up an online store.

Reactions: 4
Oh that's funny 'part of the reason why I joined this cult' Yes, I'm with you on this one, the vegetable garden could be so much more and hopefully will be in the future. They have enough grass clippings, leaf mulch, sheep and chicken manure to start feeding the soil and build structure. Hopefully when they build their compost area they will successfully hot compost too if that's what they are aiming for. I wouldn't rotary till either, just a spade and a fork. We like to dig our allotment but many folks around us go for the no dig method, each to their own, their crops never seem to be as prolific though but that may be down to how they feed their soil. There's one guy there who uses permaculture method which works a treat.
Where I am we benefit from the jet stream and as yet no signs of frost. SJ's garden has already had frost and I'm much further north than she is. At home I still have summer roses, hydrangea and Californian poppy flowers coming through, happy days. We are on the coast though so never get the harsh weather, it passes over.

Nuts, oh hazelnuts, Stephanie makes them and covers them in .. silk? wallpaper?
(can't think of anything that rhymes with chocolate - was a Cadburys advert for all the non UK folks)

I would have put a log burner or two in by now. Much more efficient than open fires but I was brought up with open fires and I like to be warm!! Maybe someone should gift her the Norwegian Wood book. When she told Dick that she straps hot water bottles around herself in winter the look in his eyes was priceless. Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when he told Angel about it. Thing is though SJ doesn't have to think that rationally about things as she doesn't have to consider children in the situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
We may possibly all have differing opinions on what makes up a ‘working day’ & many undertake roles that are not defined by a 9-5 routine, but I agree completely with what you say here. Indeed SJ is not lazy & I’ve no doubt she spends hours editing/filming, but as you said, being Chatelaine of La Lande, whiling away hours sleeping till noon, when the majority of workers have to be up at the crack of dawn & work in jobs that barely cover a basic, mundane lifestyle (AND they are doing it under someone else’s orders) can in no way compare to the delightfully charmed life of Mademoiselle Jarvis. How many people in are able to swan around, making their dream life come true ? She is incredibly lucky & fortunate in so many ways. We all enjoy watching SJ restore her castle but we shouldn’t for one single moment believe this Make-Believe 45 year old Disney Princess
*The Antiques road show threw up in there !* Wish I’d said that

Reactions: 16
I don't understand why we are debating what is work / working day. To me it is simply getting active and living up to your responsibilities especially when it is self created. But, you know, some people have the gift of getting others to do for them or even instead of them.

Whoops confused replying to two messages - was timed out of previous reply to calvignac... & should completed message should read:
....we shouldn’t for one single moment believe this Make-Believe 45 year old Disney Princess leads any sort of hard working day that can be compared to most of the working population- whether they be in a professional role or otherwise. This girl leads a *dream life* working on her *dream life* - and hey, we all enjoy looking at her do so !

I wonder if SJ started editing in bed because it's so cold in the chateau in winter. I do think some of you are being rather unkind, I love how she doesn't mind us seeing her as she is, warts and all
warts and all? hahahahahahaha

summed up my thoughts entirely.

Last edited:
SJ mentioned 'conflict' again. Perhaps its in reference to the current dynamics with MW.
I can't stand the way MW pronounces dahlias and how she doesn't explain things well, even her own inspiration. Could be a language thing of course. I certainly can't speak or understand Norwegian.
On a side note, MW's father was an alcoholic and in last years vlogs she made a point to stop drinking as well as going gluten free.
MW does get mocked by SJ and she doesn't like it. Whether that is a personal thing or a cultural difference, who knows. The British do tend to have a sarcastic, dry and piss taking sense of humour.

A lot of people sell their houses without sorting out the stuff that they should. Make it look pretty and sweep any issues under the carpet.
As to whether they will is a different matter.
I see the establishment of a non-profit as a good accountants move. Money, its all a game of chess.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
@Heathcliffe [QUOTE="Heathcliffe, post:"Marie's weird "oooh a flower! a mushroom!" behaviour. It might also just be a bit attention seeking? She does tend to get stuck in the kitchen, her milkbottle business is not really taking off
[/QUOTE]
Milk bottle business brilliant & just perfectly sums it up & the way she says dahlias, I always want to throw something at the TV, why can’t Stephanie help her to say it correctly

I do think she needs to be giving more info about what's going on.We are helping with the restoration.

Reactions: 2
@Takeaway I'm curious now. How does she pronounce dahlias ? Or how do you pronounce it ?
I haven't been shocked by her prononciation as it's the way we say dahlias in french.

@Takeaway I'm curious now. How does she pronounce dahlias ? Or how do you pronounce it ?
I haven't been shocked by her prononciation as it's the way we say dahlias in french.
There we go, I've learnt something new today.. it's the french way of saying it. In the UK its ... Break 'dahlias' down into sounds: [DAY] + [LEE] + [UHZ] - say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them.

@Heathcliffe Why did you not like Selmar and Philip dancing together? Is it just you do not like them? or is this your usua
Good evening Seeingitasitis, No I don't object to seeing two men dancing together, au contraire! Or women. Not the least old fashioned in that, I have good friends who are same sexed couples, so my "horrid" comment was not gay bashing, I am more likely to bash gay bashers If one of my gay friends asked me to dance I would indeed, but I would have to lead, not used to the following bit (that according to my wife is the hardest bit.) No, they just looked weird and stiff, Phillip is quite good at that awkward look. Selmar is a gem, but as you point out not the world's greatest dancer and he seems to repeat himself a lot with his one move...or perhaps they always film him when he is doing that!? I like to read what you (and all of you's) think too!

@Heathcliffe [QUOTE="Heathcliffe, post:"Marie's weird "oooh a flower! a mushroom!" behaviour. It might also just be a bit attention seeking? She does tend to get stuck in the kitchen, her milkbottle business is not really taking off
Milk bottle business brilliant & just perfectly sums it up & the way she says dahlias, I always want to throw something at the TV, why can’t Stephanie help her to say it correctly
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it does sound a bit silly, but then she is Norwegian I've been there snow boarding, and I would never even try to speak their language...they actually do really well with their English in my opinion. So we should excuse her "Daahh lias". Stephanie tends to not correct the foreigners, though she sometimes smirks to herself. I'm with her there. I have a friend who loudly corrected his French wife at a dinner party, and her retort was magnificent, she said "So Thomas, how many languages do you speak?" hah ha, (she speaks French, Italian, and some German in addition to excellent English)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.