The Chateau Diaries #39 The Grifterista Social Club

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Empty is a good description. When he first showed up on CD we watched his other videos on YouTube (links below for your enjoyment) and while he goes through the motions there's no substance behind either performance - especially the Oklahoma video. The only time I see a personality is if he's bitching about something, especially the superiority of Dutch M*yo.

At least his boybandadventure was not common known in The Netherlands..i guess it was something local...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
There is a big cultural difference between the US and Europe regarding teeth. Most Europeans care about their teeth hygiene, but teeth doesn't always have to look perfect.
I agree, and to me (British) 'American style/TV teeth' look ridiculous. Talking of which, has Sadie had hers done??!!
I have quite a dark shade of teeth and inquired abut lightening at my dentist - he was horrified and said my teeth are stronger than white ones and lightening will only weaken them. Im 54 and have no fillings, I also have a similar crooked front tooth like FRK, which I hate (thumb sucking as a small child) which is more prominent as I get older - but in the UK adult braces are incredibly expensive, so it stays - hubby thinks its cute anyway :sneaky:

Reactions: 17
Lord help me. I'm only 1.35m into the latest vlog and Sir Snortalot's heavy breathing is already sending me spiralling into fits of rage. Not a good start to the day!

Also, can someone from the UK tell me; has the episode of ETTC DIY already played that reveals the entrance hall at La La Lande? Because if not, there's no point as we've now seen all of it!
The new series has still not been shown.

Reactions: 4
I agree, and to me (British) 'American style/TV teeth' look ridiculous. Talking of which, has Sadie had hers done??!!
I have quite a dark shade of teeth and inquired abut lightening at my dentist - he was horrified and said my teeth are stronger than white ones and lightening will only weaken them. Im 54 and have no fillings, I also have a similar crooked front tooth like FRK, which I hate (thumb sucking as a small child) which is more prominent as I get older - but in the UK adult braces are incredibly expensive, so it stays - hubby thinks its cute anyway :sneaky:
believe Sadie’s teeth are the kind you pop in and out (kind of like a mouth guard)-they creep me out-you can hear her lisp when she wears them-but if they make her feel better-whatever

some of us Americans don’t go for fake looking just healthy normal smiles-stop believing Hollywood’s lies

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Can not wait for the day FRK opens up her flower shop , called weeds and frail flowers.....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
In Teabags vlog the renovators return....the removers of the oak panneling i assume...stupid lazy ass..if you stayed home instead of whoring and cottaging through Madrid...your cottage would be fine and finished...But we all see at least where his priorities lie..btw i see a personal trainersvlog coming..sponsored by patreons no doubt..

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I love a good rant! Marie's followers are like her. There are plenty of people who feel that life didn't really give then the hand they wanted to play with and they don't know what to do with their cards. Many of them are passive/aggressive just like Marie. They see her as their hero bravely putting herself on display, warts and all. Most of them are dimwits as per the comments. I imagine their theme song is Elenor Rigby - "all the lonely people" being their motto. She has to constantly prop herself up with charlatan self-helpers that she finds on YT convincing herself that she is doing the right thing by "being herself" for all the world to see. She sees herself as some kind of guru for other misfits. I find it so odd that she gets down on herself for everything but what's important. She has not improved her presenting skills one iota. Not being able to evaluate yourself honestly is just plain stupid at her age. I often wonder if she ever watches her own vlogs? Same with King Selmar - ugh! I know that Toast Masters International exists in France and England. Just a few sessions will correct annoying speaking habits. I know, I did it when I started a business of my own and had to present. It was well worth it.

I was born very blonde, went mousy ash blonde but always had much darker eyebrows. Not all blondes are created equal. Some are dumb, some are smart as we have all witnessed.
Deem yourself commended ! Guru for misfits, you are quite right. Perhaps I am all wrong then, perhaps she has found her kingdom... Presenting skills are so important, and she is totally devoid of it. I feel like giving her a lesson, it would not take much to improve her. I am beeing told off for being on my phone, bye:oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Just noticed in Dan's Daily Vlog that Selmar's campervan was parked where it's usually parked, outside the back door in the second courtyard. So he's not been shunted off to the woods yet.

• Haha
Yes, Americans are very self conscious of their teeth. It is a right of passage to have braces in ones' youth, then whitening and, if you can afford it, veneers later on. As an American myself, I know the value of a beautiful smile and have suffered through a ton of dental work with the accompanying costs. It helps you get a good job, at least in the states. Americans smile a lot, it's part of our culture and you are harshly judged by the quality of your teeth. We find it hard to understand why people with money don't get their teeth fixed. I'm sure it's related to our fascination with Hollywood standards and our class system. Poor=bad teeth. Rich=good teeth.
This is why dentists are among the wealthiest small business owners. And teeth shift over time. So many people in their 50s who once had perfect teeth are paying for braces to fix them late in life. We want Selmar to! Considering doing that myself. Because, pressure. I'd rather travel instead and say to heck with everyone else's expectations about my face that I own and is on my body. We're self-employed and invested well. I don't need perfect teeth for a boss to like me or customers to buy from me.

I pay four figures for enough mulch so my property looks good for all the dog walkers going by. What else does American culture want from me. We suck people dry. This is exactly why I like animals.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Empty is a good description. When he first showed up on CD we watched his other videos on YouTube (links below for your enjoyment) and while he goes through the motions there's no substance behind either performance - especially the Oklahoma video. The only time I see a personality is if he's bitching about something, especially the superiority of Dutch M*yo.

Oh my gosh!!! That was hilariously....bad? Sad? The Oklahoma spiel. That was a high school performance, right?
Community college maybe. Snort's voice was not impressive . What was he twirling?🙄😉

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Suggestions for targets 😈

SSB you listening 👂

Congratulations! Well earned indeed. As for targets, I feel similarly to others who have expressed a desire to see the existing projects, already underway, completed before setting new goals. I find it a tad overwhelming to follow all the balls that are currently in the air. It is so satisfying to tick off boxes as renovation and restoration elements are wrapped up and I, personally, would absolutely LOVE to celebrate those milestones.

😈😈😈
This one is a cheeky mare ...
See which parts strikes a cord

**I’d like to see things get finished.**
It seems that once your helpers (I.e. Dan, Selmar) and others gain media attention and decide to start their own YouTube channel they seem to be less engaged at LaLande. I think it’s fine if they have their own channel, but not to the detriment of Lalande. There is no justifiable reason the downstairs loo isn’t finished by now. Likewise, the shutter dogs should have been replaced or installed by now. What about the bigger fridge? Why aren’t the two chicken areas completed?
I recommend that each project be assigned a “lead” responsible for seeing their project through completion. Anyone can be a lead... Nati, Philip, Marie etc.
There are many projects stalled at various stages from concept to support issues, to supplies delays, to craftsman delays, to mayoral or administrative approval delays, to lack of funding etc.
I recommend only one additional project be added to the project plan (and there should be a plan posted which everyone can refer to see the status of each project)....
Anyway, the last project for now, until all existing projects are completed, is the repointing or repair of the lime mortar of the facade and the addition of an architectural feature to highlight the main entrance to the chateau. This and all previous projects should be completed before any other apartment or balcony is started. Respectfully😭😭😭😭🙌

Congratulations, For the $35,000 goal what about getting the fountain in the walled garden up and running, or at least making sure it's ready for when you find the right one.
Another idea is to clear the tower areas and get them to a point where as a future goal you could get the foundations restored.💰💰💰💰💰

😎😎😎😎😎
I good target I think is to get outstanding jobs done? For example, the downstairs toilet?

😉 yess

Keeping a percentage of funding back for future maintenance issues is not a romantic notion, but it is a much-needed practical target. One never knows down the line when the heating or roof may have issues. Funding needs to be in place for such problems (other than the deep pockets of the other Chateau owners).

😎 colour me suprised your not banned 😈

Yes i think further targets will be great. Why not aim for $100,000 and get the towers rebuild
🕤🏥🕤

😉🥰😉
I don’t think there should be anymore targets. To me this sends a message of “needing” which at $30,000 a month tax free is no longer the case. With careful money management and a sustained monthly donation of this amount you can more than do everything you want to at the chateau.
For now I think look at anything exceeding 30 as a lovely bonus - it is as you’ve said a figure beyond your dreams so now just enjoy without pressure on figures and goals targets (money wise).
You’ve never come across as greedy so I know you’ll take this in the spirit it was meant.

Congratulations thats wonderful and I love being a little part of it all. I think the money is yours to do with as you like on the Chateaux. I think you have enough going on for now and also eagerly await seeing a few more things finished.
😢😢😢 awww SSB don’t THINK 🤔 their interested in giving more

You achieved NOTHING

First of all, Stephanie and crew and friends: you're doing a great job. I'd say no more targets
🍸☝🤔😈

A wooden pier on the lake with a Baroque/Chinoserie Pavillion would be spectacular for summer wedding ceremonies, al fresco dining and an evening retreat.🤯🤯🤯🤯

I am happy to see any type of targets you set, but I do think it adds joy for us all when we come together to meet your wildest dreams. I agree with earlier posts about completing the masterplan with estimates🤯🤯🤯

I know how much you (Stephanie) love the grand staircases when visiting other chateau's. I know that's HUGE. But as you have been experiencing.... dreams really do come true!! On an extremely practical point, what about double glazing the windows? Ya'll are always sooo cold. you are my people.

👂📝📝 lots for a grand staircase 🤯

I think we wait until after the paneling is installed. Then evaluate what still needs to be done and set new goals.
🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

To the ridiculous 😢🌬🌬🌬🌬
I have been wondering about the old servants quarters. Could one of those rooms be restored to the way a servants quarters would have looked say 18th/19th century. It would be nice for guests to see what it looked like to be a servant living in the chateau. Kind of like a little museum and a tribute to all those souls who worked in the chateau over the centuries.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
The screeching and praising from Fanny when she saw this somewhat ordinary room was embarrassing. This guy didn't know how to react. She's always so over the top,so immature.
It was very bizarre. Her energy really didn't match the others. And he couldn't leave the room fast enough.

• Haha
There isn't a Patreon/vlog with Erin and JB at the Bourneau place is there. Just the Facebook page with updates. Much nicer place, much nicer person. Not watched the vlog about that trip. Wonder how much was networking/catching up, how much was business.

Reactions: 3
I seem to remember they also had to take a mortgage for a part of the sum they paid..
Where did you see/hear that? Any proof?
If Gwen took a mortgage, how is she paying the monthly amortization for a 1,050,000 Euro chateau and still be able to live well, make expensive purchases and do some renovation work at the same time without a job or an income from their B&B? Don't say "YouTube" money. 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
The only off putting thing is the black underbags, otherwise Dana ROCKS the yellow, WOW that figure, Skank don't even try, you can't compete. If you are here Dana I need to know your exercise secrets😘
Showed the video of Dana in her yellow dress to a friend.
His opinion: for a woman in her fifties, she's in great shape, a nice figure (I agree), but "forgive me, but she's a shrimp--you eat the body but you can throw away the head" (his words not mine). ✌ 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.