The Chateau Diaries #39 The Grifterista Social Club

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know they both felt like they owed her for letting them live there “for free”. It’s all a blance I guess. You don’t actually have to force people to put up with things to actually make them do it anyway, until things finally break. I also know it was an ongoing subject of conversation between my friends and SJ, they complained a lot about the absence of balance and the pressure they felt by SJ’s lack of responsibility, “forcing” them to step up often.
I must say, as an outsider or bystander, it was painful to watch them hear defending her while it was so obvious to me she was taking advantage of them.
Thanks for the reply. I was just curious about how it unfolded. I have a family member who is sort of similar to SSB. For a long time I handled things for them hoping once I’d fixed problems that they would go forward and keep them fixed. Never happens. They are very generous, but I think it’s because they know what a pain in the ass they are. Same as providing free lodging and food I guess. You get instant friends and employees. 🤣. Even worse if they are somewhat charismatic.

Reactions: 6
Who said it was a "dodgy" part of Bordeaux ?
I mentioned a soulless, sad suburb of Bordeaux with no charm no character. Not even a proper centre ville with shops, square and all what you usually find in any French towns and makes French life so pleasant.

As for the land : their garden is quite big for a town house. Have you seen it ?

I suppose they have buses and tramways to get to Bordeaux Centre but I haven't seen any bus stop in their area.

Villenave d'Ornon (where is located their Maison de Maitre), is not the nicest of all the Bordeaux suburbs. But houses there cost a fortune. They certainly paid a lot for their "run down" big house + the cost of their (important) renovations/extensions.
Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole - it's a pretentious house, too small, and there's traffic noise. I've got my eye on several châteaux in much better and quieter locations near various towns/cities.

Davey's certainly a very strange looking fellow - looks like a gravedigger ... 🤣 Word "oddball" comes to mind ...

Reactions: 7
Most of the grifters have taken a hit this month on their Patreon accounts, even the Fleuries . All down, losing more patrons than at any other time. ( except Selmar who has gained 1)
I've always wondered just how many of MPK's patrons are legitimate ?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Her dress is chic but she still looks grubby.

It looks as if Annalise has managed to lop a couple of inches of Baby Phil's barnet.
What on earth does SJ see in him???

I think Fanny's shirt is the one BJJ wore to Selmar's party!!! Ha Ha Ha
It's the Dolly Parton look again!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
HILARIOUS !

Who says "Arrete, Arrete !" to a dog chasing a chicken ? It's as if you told the dog :" Please, would you mind stop chasing this poor bird ?" Can't stop laughing !

Has anyone else noticed the chatelaine's face when the dog first came to the room where they were having their "meeting" ? She's obvs not a dogs lover.

PS : I like Dana's youngest son : a real cool teenager who doesn't give a dam for all this comedy...

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole - it's a pretentious house, too small, and there's traffic noise. I've got my eye on several châteaux in much better and quieter locations near various towns/cities.
See different strokes for different folks
It’s big enough for its presence
And just enough land that your not all day all summer on a mower keeping the grass down

IMHO - it’s enough for me !!!
I like the work they did - ensuits ect

Tilling can be changed 😈
The AC I’d appreciate

And if the pool went in as they stated

Potentially it would be short listed

The village is handy

And if I learned anything from this lockdown -
The amount of time I spent shopping 🛍 as a form of entertainment ...
well let’s just say ... I haven’t been shopping 🛍 since the easy release .

I have what I want and need
It’s getting rid of excess now the charity shops have reopened

And Not still searching for the said field with 4 friends - we have great plans ( yes 🙌 it was fab )

Dusted off the picnic basket 🧺
Got the thermal cups ready with ice 🧊 - hip flasks pressed back into service 😈😈😈
I’m all about whom survived this pandemic 😷 with their sence of fun intact .

The house will sell - plenty around who know their next direction in life .

Let’s hope they stay away from the grey paint 🎨 ... it’s done ✅
Let’s see if Anna can stick with white 😭

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Thank you everyone for a good morning laugh. It is a great way to start the day. ♥ After that pathetic vlog I had to step away.

From the live chat yesterday. Selmar are you disillusioned yet?

Selmar Duin Nice Camper spot

... and then there was Nutti's comments. She doesn't know when Davy first appeared? It was September 2020.

Sam Horsman how did Stephanie find Davey? I can't remember but he is so knowledgeable about the Chateaux

Natalia Oliveto @Sam Horsman Davy came as a volunteer a few months ago!

...and the chateau renters trying... 🤪

Helen Stella I see Angelina & Phil at Chateau Life have a live Q&A straight after this if anyone wants to join in

Marlene Bos Anyone also switching to Chateau life live later?

No Manor and Maker???? Funny, they haven't been vocal or filmed since the connection to Crazy Karen Cbomb was made. Why???

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
So I find one thing weird, SJ says: Dana has invited me and Philip to go to a restaurante this evening..... I mean why would Dana invite PP? Was he imposing? Or is he SJ date? Or is it bring your child to diner kind of thing...
This outing was so obviously a promotion for Dana's friends restaurant. Not sure if she accomplished it though. The meals did not look that wonderful and I didn't hear rave reviews from anyone but Dana. Was just big slab of meat on a plate and I doubt if SJ ate any more than a 1/4 of it. Then Dana wanted an "every Friday" arrangement for Fish and Chip night. Maybe Dana has part ownership in the place.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Oh Steph, where can your knickers be?
Did they get stuck when you went to the lavatory?
You'll get piles and then you'll be so-o-rree
Where can your knickers be?

Oh Steph why did you sit down there?
Don't you know you should carry a little square?
If you keep standing like that I can only stare...

Oh Steph, why did you make us guess?
When you wore white blowsy see through dress?
We all know what you now don't possess

Oh Steph why did you make me see?
Philip's filming Davey's new fantasy,
You show it so disgracefully,

Oh Steph we've come to the end of this
You have long been taking the p*ss
I hope by now you have got the gist
Sarah could make some as a sewist

Just put your knickers on :)
[snaps fingers several times]

❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Sorry could someine remind me what the connection is between Steve and Sara and Karen Cbomb.

Reactions: 9
The meeting at Chateau de la Briv…
Other ETTC participants in the summit, Johnny and Angela, were the sweetest and absolutely the most demented expat bubble-dwelling Frenchless chateau colonizers ever, with Angela, a first time upholsterer, edging into grift trying to resell her appalling brocante fixer uppers to suckers staying at their place…
best description of Johnny & Angela ever

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Maybe it has to do with her [Anna's] education : she comes from a Bosnian family ?
There are different ethnicities of Bosnians, and the genocide there was within her lifetime. I don't know what her own story is.

best description of Johnny & Angela ever
Just reviewed that ep yesterday. Don't know what was worse, the EIGHT INCH PINK FRINGE she failed to hot glue onto newly painted chairs, then tacked sloppily, or the amputated mannequin leg, or the flat out declaration of her intended 120% markup on said pink-fringed €10 chairs. Or lavender in the apricot "jam" she stewed up. Bleargh.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
…Just reviewed that ep yesterday. Don't know what was worse, the EIGHT INCH PINK FRINGE she failed to hot glue onto newly painted chairs, then tacked sloppily, or the amputated mannequin leg, or the flat out declaration of her intended 120% markup on said pink-fringed €10 chairs. Or lavender in the apricot "jam" she stewed up. Bleargh.
bleargh indeed!

THE GOLD LEAF-Johnny might have some talent but the golding is killing my interest in looking (the neighbor’s sheep best avoid him when he’s outside with his leafing supplies)

THE FRINGE-Angela may have confused France for the flea market in Brooklyn-not the same clientele dear girl

I like their “quirkiness” but they are definitely a small doses couple, very small doses…

• Haha
When is Snorts date of birth?
Found the whole video a borefest but to think SJ didn't even have cake & a cuppa for them.
Rude! They drove 4 hours!
I suppose she may not want to be seen on screen with Sadie that much as she wants to keep good with old Angie & Dick for DIY.
Can't be seen consorting with the enemy!
Michael made some tea. Anyway I don't blame her not wanting to talk to them. I think it was more rude of Michael not to be ready and have them waiting for him finish packing. Also the other way round they didn't seem too eager to interact with her. Can't blame them either. I hate it already when meeting with friends and they look on their phone all the time, can't imagine it if they would vlogg every stupid minute.

I have a very good eye for attractive men...Davy is tall, and may be well developed in the pantsdepartment..but he is surely not attractive..he is weird..
Attraction is not only the looks. You can always turn off the light. And he is pretty enough, nothing wrong there, he is only shy and I like tall and smart guys.And most important guys who deliver which he seems to do. I am sure he runs a successful business which why he can't afford such a extravaganza like Steph project for a change.
It's not his fault that Steph is a lost case.
But I rather have a shy look than the over extrovert stare of Phil. And as I sad I like those Hathaway types....
Michael might be a typical handsome face but what's worth if he is a looser? Nothing attractive there....

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.