The Chateau Diaries #33 Starring she who shouts from balconies, written and directed by Tattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A really good example of someone who has done an exceptional job of using Patreon is Christine McConnell. Of course, she is incredibly creative, but she is also very smart. Her videos are almost exclusively for patrons, which probably wouldn't work for most people. She made her name with a Netflix series but she went exclusively with Patreon because she could make more money and have complete creative control over content. That said, the few videos she has posted for the general audience on YT are very well done. She obviously takes a long time planning things out. She is methodical, calm (no hysterics, no mania) and very clear about what she is doing. She doesn't disclose how much she rakes in on Patreon, but I suspect it's quite a bit considering she has been able to buy a mansion in New York while still owning an incredible house in California, which is for sale if anyone is interested. Too many people seem to think they can just film themselves doing work, that just doesn't hold people's attention. You've got to give them entertainment and/or information/knowledge, preferably both. Not easy.
Love Christine McConnell! Got my husband into her Netflix series. He loved it! Fraggle Rock & maybe at times Peewee Herman. So sad Netflix did not renew it!

Reactions: 4
@purejuice, yes I agree re Strawbridge children's health. I don't usually comnent on children. However, the understanding of bone density and muscle mass capability being established before 11 years is better understood now days. I am suprised the children are still filmed/photographed. I thought they went to a french school (ie all classes in french).

Reactions: 9
And did they start a Gofundme? No, they didn't! They could have used a horse to pull the plow but the wife did it instead.
Well Scarlet O'Hara hitched herself up to the plow after the horse that Rhett knicked died, sooooo....

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Love Christine McConnell! Got my husband into her Netflix series. He loved it! Fraggle Rock & maybe at times Peewee Herman. So sad Netflix did not renew it!
As far as I know, Christine did not want to renew with Netflix. As I stated above, she was able to make more money without them and have complete control. She thumbed her nose at Netflix!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
As far as I know, Christine did not want to renew with Netflix. As I stated above, she was able to make more money without them and have complete control. She thumbed her nose at Netflix!
If you watch her video Christmas crafting with the cast and crew, Dec. 2019, I do believe she mentions the cancellation. They were prepared for more episodes but were blind sighted. I am sure she is probably making more money now.

Reactions: 7
@purejuice, yes I agree re Strawbridge children's health. I don't usually comnent on children. However, the understanding of bone density and muscle mass capability being established before 11 years is better understood now days. I am suprised the children are still filmed/photographed. I thought they went to a french school (ie all classes in french).
It's sad to see those children so overweight as it will be very difficult for them as adults to attain and maintain a healthy weight. They now have a lot of fat cells that won't go away, they will only shrink. Also, they are very used to overeating high caloric food. Obviously, physical activity and sports are not high on their parents list. Of course, they are also at risk of developing diabetes. It doesn't surprise me due to the size of Dick (have to be careful about that wording!) There's going to be the teasing by the other children, especially as they get older. French people deplore obesity. I taught elementary school for many years, and overweight children, both boys and girls had a tough time of it.

...and so it begins...
n g
10 minutes ago
Really??? A sad travel vlog. I'm not interested in being a subscriber any longer. Best of luck with your new channel.

Sherrie Petherick
Sherrie Petherick
15 minutes ago
Michael this was absolutely beautiful. I’m proud to call you my extremely talented son. X

Hide reply
Shaz
Shaz
8 minutes ago
A man of many talents...

Ryan Morgan
Ryan Morgan
9 seconds ago
He’s amazing Sherrie x
You know things are getting bad when a 34 year old has to have his mommy defend him over something so ridiculous! Honestly, what is with these indulgent parents? SJ and her daddy and MPK and his mommy. Yuck! No wonder they don't grow up. A little tough love can go a long way sometimes, probably too late now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I hope they do go to French school.
I've only ever been in one place in the world where I couldn't eavesdrop or read the street signs, just because my father was a super linguist and made it clear a little Latin and Greek would go a long way. In Egypt I couldn't make sense of almost anything because I didn't read or speak a little. It would be a shame to grow up in such a world.

Reactions: 6
He did say "Me and my friend here" when he pointed at the zit between his eyes.
I could only watch a few seconds here and there....but my overall impression is that he looks worn out and it is not from vlogging. 😶 Too many dates?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Not to Derail:
Just thought some of you who love period costume dramas might be interested in what I stumbled upon on my morning jog at Central Park's Bethesda Fountain! This is the filming of HBO's series, Sir Julian Fellowes' The Gilded Age.

ga1.jpg

ga2.jpg

ga3.jpg

ga4.jpg

ga5.jpg

ga6.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Does anyone remember the video where she was amused at her mother for being exasperated with her for not processing the cherries that the farmer had gifted them. I was grossed out by the waste of it all. Especially cherries being my favourite. Eventually someone did something with them. I can’t remember who exactly. Also in hindsight grossed out about thinking of the vermin potentially crawling all over them🤮. The utter laziness. I think her relationship is still that of an adolescent. Like when they are told to do something and dig their heels in and ignore usually their mothers voice.
Clara's friends posted last year about a recipe for Portuguese [sour] cherry liqueur. Zowie. Even a no work person could make this.

Reactions: 4
Tattlers, is this a subtle signal from Philipp that he too is reading this thread?
Don't want to imagine shout outs where there are none.
I am convinced they all read here..

I just watched Dan's new vlog and it was nice to watch him building something and then explaining his channels and how he does them. I really like him. I had to laugh out loud at his parting comment! LOL
I always have to make an early start on Mondaymornings..so i have a lot of catching up to do tonight...

Not to Derail:
Just thought some of you who love period costume dramas might be interested in what I stumbled upon on my morning jog at Central Park's Bethesda Fountain! This is the filming of HBO's series, Sir Julian Fellowes' The Gilded Age.

View attachment 557067
View attachment 557068
View attachment 557070
View attachment 557071
View attachment 557074
View attachment 557075
Cannot wait to see The golden Age...it will be marvellous..I guess they film at Newport too??

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I'm feeling gutted today -- had a horrible day -- family drama..... But I had to come on here. Lifts me up..... I been thinking.. so amazing how one can create a whole personality online , then a following making bank with YT ad revenue and patreon. Back in the day I had a personal site and then years ago a celebrity gossip blog type site. I don't want to dive into it too much, but I miss the good old days. I no longer do any web related work, BUt I will never forget the time Rachel HUnter emailed me to correct me on a story from Page Six. She said they were wrong and wanted to tell me personally....

Now...... What I want to say.....I found this site by looking up Chateau Diaries gossip because I was watching it for a very long time with no feedback from any other person...and well I wanted to see if anyone was feeling what I was....

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm feeling gutted today -- had a horrible day -- family drama..... But I had to come on here. Lifts me up..... I been thinking.. so amazing how one can create a whole personality online , then a following making bank with YT ad revenue and patreon. Back in the day I had a personal site and then years ago a celebrity gossip blog type site. I don't want to dive into it too much, but I miss the good old days. I no longer do any web related work, BUt I will never forget the time Rachel HUnter emailed me to correct me on a story from Page Six. She said they were wrong and wanted to tell me personally....

Now...... What I want to say.....I found this site by looking up Chateau Diaries gossip because I was watching it for a very long time with no feedback from any other person...and well I wanted to see if anyone was feeling what I was....
Welcome! You read through the previous threads? They are juicy. Our grindr spy on the ground; our LaLande spy ...

Ah, the Kiwi queen Rachel Hunter. Here's an anecdote from when she first made it big and was being interviewed by a women's magazine. The editor asked her if she wanted a glass H20 and she said no thanks can she get some water. Heard that story from the editor! Bless Rach.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Cannot wait to see The golden Age...it will be marvellous..I guess they film at Newport too??
Yes, I was told that much of the filming there happened in February this year! Knowing Lord Fellowes, it will be a great series.
I guess we can expect SJ to do a Gilded Age-themed party one day! :LOL: ;)

There you go, Fanny! Another exciting vlog/party idea for you, courtesy of your friends on Tattle Life!;);)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Take 1-2 projects the shutters or facade would be good, and film it in detail - so you have a project series spliced in over several months, so the right viewers can engage with the work being done over a longer period and be educated on the work/time requirements/pressures
Standing back from the crowd

Truthfully was disappointed with the begging bowl ...

But they did learn from SSB
We haven’t enough money for all refurbishment - that’s ok 👌

But we won’t be doing any works till November
But bowls out in may ....

Project two - again the 6 month delay

They learned well ....
They read here ... hello 👋

I do like them ... but more her than him
At least her work is interesting and educational
Fair play to him for learning electrics etc ... but I’m bored with endless time it takes for him to complete a door handle etc ...
Wish them well but I’m not overflowing with praise as it now appears

They were in the long grasses biding their time WAITING to join the BBB

Begging Bowl Brigade .....

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️😹😹😹😹😹😹

Gotta love ❤ a bank holiday Monday when your first laugh 😂 is befor 10 am

Sherry you absolute melter

There’s TROUBLE 👿
in chit ooo meth er prick

Mummy’s ONLY means of communication of her adoration of the eldest enfant terrible 😞 is on social media

He escaped from your grubby clutches ( partial sympathy )

and WhatsApp dosent work ???
How about direct dial ???

Or are you blocked there too ...

Prehaps spineless Micky does need
A full time carer ... better still a life coach .. 🤔

Considering his sole focus is his only third eye 👁 pal ... that he formally introduced ... after he fecked over patrons AGAIN to go direct to you tube ....

Guess the real TOXIC pressures were real
all family lead ....

Looking forward to hearing how Gwen and billy speilberg and the new baby are coming along - now that’s real good news 🗞

A puss filled spot from excess partying being declared as a new friend 🙁 needs a straight jacket 🧥 ...IT simply isn’t worth 4 k a month 😈

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Does anyone remember the video where she was amused at her mother for being exasperated with her for not processing the cherries that the farmer had gifted them. I was grossed out by the waste of it all. Especially cherries being my favourite. Eventually someone did something with them. I can’t remember who exactly. Also in hindsight grossed out about thinking of the vermin potentially crawling all over them🤮. The utter laziness. I think her relationship is still that of an adolescent. Like when they are told to do something and dig their heels in and ignore usually their mothers voice.
She is literally the laziest person in the household, filled with lazy creatures anyway. She would sit in the kitchen having tea while her just arrived guests had to clean their own rooms because she ‘hadn’t got around to it’. The constant rambling about how busy she is and how hard she has to work are just tell tale signs. Hard working people don’t talk about it, they get the job done.
And yes, the waste at the HMN is horrendous and ongoing.

Tattlers, is this a subtle signal from Philipp that he too is reading this thread?
Don't want to imagine shout outs where there are none.
Nothing to do with the HMN. Just his humour. Their last vlog was a big dive into the begging bowl game, so let’s hope they do read here and get a better grip on reality.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Yes, I was told that much of the filming there happened in February this year! Knowing Lord Fellowes, it will be a great series.
I guess we can expect SJ to do a Gilded Age-themed party one day! :LOL: ;)

There you go, Fanny! Another exciting vlog/party idea for you, courtesy of your friends on Tattle Life!;);)
Than she must go for evening wear because day clothes didn' t have décolletés, no leg (or other private parts) flashing.....

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think it’s so pathetic that MPK needs to shout out to his “friend” SJ every time he posts something, even as little as he does nowadays. We all know there is no friendship left, it’s only about keeping the grannies fantasies about the two of them alive and their wallets open. True friendship is about loyalty and support, you moron, qualities you obviously lack and she never knew exist.

Welcome! You read through the previous threads? They are juicy. Our grindr spy on the ground; our LaLande spy ...

Ah, the Kiwi queen Rachel Hunter. Here's an anecdote from when she first made it big and was being interviewed by a women's magazine. The editor asked her if she wanted a glass H20 and she said no thanks can she get some water. Heard that story from the editor! Bless Rach.

I have much to catch up on with all the threads ... But I must say I was blown away by all the intricate detail and organization and got extremely elated !!! . I did poke around here and there -- and I love the group here. SO much content.

Even when I'm watching CD, youtube plays one after the next... so I catch bits and pieces at times...... like today I ended up on The Chateau Gift video...... Selmar and Philip looked utterly bored and dressed like high rollers....... while SJ read a fan letter and flipped through some fashion book. Oh dear do they try .... and that Steve guy also seems so polite.... smile =) what else to do?

I think the camera REALLY JUST has THAT much power... much more than anyone can ever possess. The eyes of the unknown... This is what drives it. Who is watching??? Why??? What might come of this??? WIll some Magic Man find me and make me a superstar with loads of cash??? The internet is just that .. magic. Now you are here, Then you gone ** POOF*** Be careful how you shine, cause there's no going back on this film!!

A long while back.... I was thinking.. How can SJ be so happy all the time? Then I realized DUHHHH she is only showing us a very small portion. There is so much more.....

I don't know if anyone else does this... but I like to put videos on MUTE at times and just watch the visuals and expressions. Then I will put the sound on to see what made their expression / body language shift.

The sound sometimes masks the obvious.. does this make any sense?

xoxox MagicM

I think it’s so pathetic that MPK needs to shout out to his “friend” SJ every time he posts something, even as little as he does nowadays. We all know there is no friendship left, it’s only about keeping the grannies fantasies about the two of them alive and their wallets open. True friendship is about loyalty and support, you moron, qualities you obviously lack and she never knew exist.

Unfortunately as of today the picture of him in his bathroom taking a selfie is all I see. Doing It Ourselves in The Bathroom Style.

Last edited:
Ok I confess watched the first 1:11 mins of FRK joyous 30. Might save the rest for a later time when I think I to perform a Gibson.

Why does she say she has many friends living with her....

Doesn't she freeload/poison/ behead flowers at Steph's home? Did she buy the Chateau from Steph and boys for florals.

She lives at Steph's amongst Steph's friends. Girl you're bonkers.

Why doesn't she have the aforementioned florals in her studio? Where did all the flowers go!?!?!!?;

Did you see she has enough money for a camper finally?

Posted by her (hasn't sent any lately) flower donating patron. Yup sad woman with only 1 like per post on Facebook.

They learned well ....

Fair play to him for learning electrics etc ... but I’m bored with endless time it takes for him to complete a door handle etc ...

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️😹😹😹😹😹😹

There’s TROUBLE 👿

Mummy’s ONLY means of communication of her adoration of the eldest enfant terrible 😞 is on social media

Considering his sole focus is his only third eye 👁 pal ... that he formally introduced ... after he fecked over patrons AGAIN to go direct to you tube ....

all family lead ....

Looking forward to hearing how Gwen and billy speilberg and the new baby are coming along - now that’s real good news 🗞

A puss filled spot from excess partying being declared as a new friend 🙁 needs a straight jacket 🧥 ...IT simply isn’t worth 4 k a month 😈
Not defending the Flurries. I've got work that won't start until October because of back logged jobs due to covid restrictions. Took 6 months to have a repair to the water pipes leading into my home.

With regards to patron, to each their own. Think of it like buying tickets to see *your favorite" band. We each have our favorites.

I watch mine free on the internet. 🤣

Did one coffee for a renovator. Supported a food vlogger for a year, they fell apart because of covid.

They learned well ....

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️😹😹😹😹😹😹

There’s TROUBLE 👿

all family lead ....

Not defending the Flurries. I've got work that won't start until October because of back logged jobs due to covid restrictions. Took 6 months to have a repair to the water pipes leading into my home.

With regards to patron, to each their own. Think of it like buying tickets to see *your favorite" band. We each have our favorites.

I watch mine free on the internet. 🤣

Did one coffee for a renovator. Supported a food vlogger for a year, they fell apart because of covid.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.