The Chateau Diaries #314 Philip's table scapes look like a very poorly displayed brocant

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Working as a medieval herber, can you, if you have a moment, talk a little about what flowers really are edible?
This woman presses them before use, which sounds promising.
I have Walter Eynard's La Cucina Valdese, and a massive Italian-English dictionary -- Waldensians great hillbillies, isolated for religious reasons, foraging Italian alps of everything. And Eynard developed a restaurant cuisine around this herbal (and medicinal) knowledge. I got turned on to this trying to catch a glimpse of the gorgeous weeds around Martijn Doolaard's cowsheds -- and there are interesting lists of the local herbs (edible, medicinal, veterinary) foraged by the Waldensians, and their common Italian names. Oh what a nerd am I!
A bunch of Waldensians immigrated to North Carolina mountains, very proud of heritage, published cookbook, rather different from Eynard's, still interesting if you're into diaspora cooking (I guess NC would be the Waldensians' third diaspora -- medieval France, Italian Alps, NC). Lime Jello Punch, yas ma'am! Also blackberry wine recipes.
I was the gardener rather than the herber however I have a deep interest in the use of plants in food , aswell as cosmetic and household use and as medicine too.

The varieties of each plant do matter too. unfortunately the development of varieties for gardeners so that plants have ruffles so that they are more appealing ( not to me) making it impossible for bees to access the pollen etc etc. change the plants dna
I seem to recall that when Davey told Fanny about dahlias being edible he also mentioned to her that different varieties had different flavours.
BTW why has Davey not appeared at the dump for a while?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Ah putain de merde... literally translated, whores in, or of, tit. But has the meaning of ffs. However, if you're a tad pissed off about something and exclaim - for fucks sake, they get it and back down.
Now you made me curious as to what auto-translate would say…🤣🤣🤣

IMG_6949.jpeg

• Haha
Did Curtsey have a long honeymoon in the Uk and bring back an old car?
If not whose is it?
Not taxed or MOT …
What is the deal with not having proper cars in their own name? Can't be that difficult or expensive. Literally everyone else in her circle has a car. In their own name. They create problems and difficulties where there are none by inaction. It's weird.
---
Nope.
---

He is a highly agitated aggressive untrained snippy dog In a chaotic environment raised by negligent and at tImes reckless owners.The6 will not show blood in an edited video.
Not even.

Reactions: 15
Waitrose sell the packs of frozen classic soffriti and diced mediterranean veg.
---

I certainly hope so! (Although I did notice one nutcase in the comments a while back. Twpan!)
Thank you@jeeves. I get my soffritto there but didn’t know about Mediterranean veg. I shall have to bribe my son to go and pick some up for me this evening or I could do my online shop with Waitrose this time.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Be on the look out or be wary for some dump accounts “lurking” in this forum prior to the 2024 patron extravaganza.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Waitrose is my online trolley of choice! I did a massive price comparison spreadsheet to prove to a friend that it’s not wildly expensive to shop there (or it doesn’t have to be wildly expensive, if one doesn’t get led astray by extravagant treats!).

Both Sainsbury’s and Tesco do similar frozen Med style veg - I haven’t tried the Tesco version but have had it from Sainbugs. (I think both S and T include aubergine in their frozen Med veg.)

Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs are brilliant, and I use them lots - much more “forgiving” (it’s virtually impossible to overcook them!) than boneless/skinless which can dry out.

The frozen diced Med veg is a good stand-by to chuck into pasta towards the end of its cooking time. When the pasta is fully cooked, drain, add some seasoning, lots of Parmesan or any grated cheese on top and, VIOLA, you’ve got supper in about 10 minutes with absolutely zero effort. Which, some days, ticks all my boxes.
I’ve not had a proper shop from Waitrose since I scrapped my car. I use Sainsbury’s for online shopping because I just go into my previous orders and click on those. I think I will do an online Waitrose order this weekend.
my pasta go to is pesto, I always keep a jar in the fridge and I agree with using the bone in skin on chicken thighs as well.
I have 3 Waitrose within 4 miles of where I live so hopefully I will get a Sunday slot with one of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have a feeling that most of the US fans who defend Steph are the ones who vote for Trump; likewise, her UK fans probably vote for Farage. None of them can see clearly or think for themselves. What hope is there for humanity when such people exist?
---

Apologies for the repetition and the typos, all rushed this morning!
Wow, I shall be voting Reform, and if I were in the US I would vote for Trump. And I can't stand SJ.
So I have a feeling that your feeling is rubbish.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Lazy gay get out of my shot.
What were Channel 4 filming (apart from peacocks) nothing appeared to be being done. SJ was all dressed up and Mummy was in two different dresses. First views we've had of the machinery graveyard for a while, anyone spot green and red vans?
Maybe they should film what I bought in a month diary, that would be hectic . Disadvantage would be only Snorts and Fanny being filmed. Snorts has put his long hair system in for channel four.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Lazy gay get out of my shot.
Maybe they should film what I bought in a month diary, that would be hectic . Disadvantage would be only Snorts and Fanny being filmed. Snorts has put his long hair system in for channel four.
Is that the mystery dark-haired girl sitting in the kitchen at Lalande in a recent CD vlog? Either lunch or supper with SJ and a few of the Lalande bit part players?

Reactions: 14
So Isabelle changed dress during the day (plain blue to navy patterned), by terrace pasta feast time Two tonnes had changed from white to black dress, Michael changed from black to white t-shirt, Pav changed from gardening gear to white dress.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Will Dan show up at the Dump for the 2024 Patron extravaganza? He showed up last year at the Dump on August 8th and/or 9th, 2023.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
What were Channel 4 filming (apart from peacocks) nothing appeared to be being done. SJ was all dressed up and Mummy was in two different dresses. First views we've had of the machinery graveyard for a while, anyone spot green and red vans?
Yes, I spotted both vans and Dan's other car that he broke.

• Haha
  • Heart
I’ll see if I can figure it out. Does anyone know how?
@TorontoGWM, it's as simple as renaming your image file. For instance, one can rename IMG_078.jpg to wanker.jpg.

After uploading your image to your thread entry on tattle, the file's name will appear when one moves their cursor over the image. Your image will eventually register as "wanker" on a google image search.

I've been titling most of my images since day one on tattle.

snooty snorty.JPG

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
For me Ustinov is Poirot. As @MRShavershamsdress dress says not perfect to Christies characterisation but with so much. And supporting casts to die for. Suchet is a brilliant 2nd, IMHO. Branagh is not fit to lace eithers' shoes, a very poor Poirot. I imagine a bit of a vanity project for him. I'm not sure I've seen him in anything I've really enjoyed.
Agree. I think Poirot was some kind of vanity project for Branagh, just like the English version of the classic Swedish series Wallander… but his Wallander is soooooooo annoying, depressing and over dramatic. I watched loads of Wallander, the original series, with Rolf Lassgård and read the first book and he is nothing like Branaugh’s Wallander,

the latest Swedish version of Wallander is a lot more like the original one. Quite good.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
For me Suchet comes the closest to the character as written, but I think it’s the overall production with Ustinov that makes me love it so much. As to Branagh, I did like him in A Month in the Country and Dead Again. His turn in Harry Potter was also well done if a bit weak with the written character. Pretty much everything else was very meh.
For me Suchet is Poirot but a close second is Ustinov and my favourite Aggie Christie is Death on the Nile with Ustinov as that has so many fabulous actors in it - I mean , Bette Davies and Maggie Smith to name a few!!!
When I am a bit depressed - I pop that movie on ! :)
I have seen the three Christie's with Branagh in it and they were not that great but my daughter and I love to see the clothing , hats and the settings.
---
Tartuffe........ ok ..... imagine him older , portly and bald.
This is what Snorts will look like when he is old .

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.