The Chateau Diaries #313 Let them eat porcelain! They have to since the food portions are so miserly!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here is a hard-working couple renovating a mansion in Wales. I've been following them on TikTok and they'll be finished before Lala Land's downstairs loo is completed!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Here is a hard-working couple renovating a mansion in Wales. I've been following them on TikTok and they'll be finished before Lala Land's downstairs loo is completed!

They certainly do seem as if they’re getting stuck in. So far nothing seems to faze them either!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It was worth coming here for a laugh again, - just reading "The Maasticht Mincer" was worth it! :LOL: :coffee: Not sure how long since I have been reading here now, a while....as we got bored with CD. Now we (my wife and I) have watched a couple of episodes again to see what was new,- and so I had to see what was happening on tattle. Yes, little Sparrow, there has been some surfing, but never enough. I am considering retirement, at least will do some changes. Phillip the Maasticht Mincer seems to have grown in confidence since we stopped watching. Good to see he is pulling his weight and working like a man, setting those tables. Marie looks happy, she is not annoying like before. Stephanie talks in a totally different tone in her own vlog and when the other Chateau people film her for theirs, she keeps turning up the "happy chirpy" for her patreons evidently. To keep the funds coming in. Still mostly in bed I see. The Chapel is starting to look like a Gypsy Waggon. The Pethricks will feel at home, if they ever visit again.
😆 😆 😆
Lucky Heather to bring you luck me darlin'

1718862966386.png
1718863005599.png
1718863061517.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I am conjuring up @Karma baby! She would know the answer to this......
I just had a moment with my husband, talking about this issue with Patreon and Stephanie. He has a good head, is very good at business and is unemotional when it comes to stuff like this. He's supported a couple of guys he knows through Patreon (they are artists) for many years now and because of this, he thinks he knows Patreon. I say all this, pumping up his resume, because we had a pretty large argument about this.

He says he doesn't think she's lying. He said that Patreon wouldn't allow her to come on their site to talk to Patrons and make it be about Patreon smacking her down if it wasn't true. He said when you read their T&C's it's about preserving their reputation and they wouldn't allow her to lie about them.

I'm deflated now. I probably won't talk to him for about the next hour, because I think he may be right. What do you all think?
That makes sense, but either way, she’s on the Patreon naughty list and hopefully they’ll be watching her like a hawk…

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Would native French speakers tell me if Permasmile is correct pronouncing the e at the end of Dordogne? I thought it was silent.
It's how I've been told to say it (had it drummed into my head) by the lady I work for who's from the Charente Region.

• Wow
  • Heart
I know of someone whose French pronunciation is magnificent - Stephanie Jarvis!
Let's ask her if the 'e' is silent in Dordogne!
On second thought, she'd never reply to our question, as she's too busy buying stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
What happened to the vlog that was originally due last week? Or did she know about the “Glinch” and didn’t even create one? The Q&A on Saturday is certainly only intended to limit the damage and distract from the basic problem.

Nothing stops Steph from lying, not even Patreon. When she gets caught she plays dumb and just claims she misunderstood. A misunderstanding is not a lie. Do you agree Ms. Jarvis?

• Heart
… Then she could make arrangements for a relic of one of her bones to be put inside it as the chapel is her legacy to the world, even though no one except her heirs will ever see the place.
Fortunately her heir-bearing years are behind her!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Butter Wakefield can pull off this look, Philip's efforts are a desperate fail.

What is this lady's origin? Her accent is all over the place. There is English home counties which morphs into (sorry tattlers of these countries), is it Canadian English or American English. Whatever it is, it is bizarre to my ear.
---
On Chateau Love today Viv filmed more of the day after the Shrek's wedding. Fanny & Snorty definitely did not join the others for the day of brocunting, shopping and lunch, even though Candice & her husband who they were staying with, came along. It must have been something special which kept Fanny away, because the brocant owner offered the wedding guests 20% off all their purchases.

Viv also found a vintage shop with fab clothes, purses, shoes (ex: Ferragamo, Max Mara, Channel, Hermes). Fanny could have purchased designer dresses for 15 and 'quelle surprise' Hermes Scarves! Not like Fanny to pass up a chance to go shopping for designer labels - or does she just do that when she needs 'poor princess' content at London charity shops???
View attachment 3004577View attachment 3004591
View attachment 3004593View attachment 3004606
View attachment 3004610View attachment 3004611
I wish this shop was closer.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It depends on the region you're born and which accent. In Quebec we do not pronounce the final e but it could be different from someone from Provence or Occitanie. It also has to do about how you learn the language and from whom too. I learned German from a Swiss and there was some difference with the German of Germany for example. Ditto when I learned Norwegian which is basically the same as Danish with some minor difference but the way both nationalities speak is totally different, even tho it's almost the same vocabulary, one is more singing like and the other with more pause between words or sentences. :)
I hope you meant the Norwegians speak like we are singing….
Though you forgot to say the Danish speak with a potato in their mouths 👄 🤣😂🤭😎😱

Sorry @ComtesseRose …. Hope you won’t take this personally 😉🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

I've been watching this couple too. They are working hard. They bought it "by accident" in an auction. Thought they were bidding on a different property. Possibly a click bait story, but they are working hard. Have been on tv. I wish them luck.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I did laugh at @Heathcliffe’s description of the chapel as a gypsy caravan. Maybe we refer to it as the Gypsy Chapel or create a thread title including the term.

• Haha
  • Heart
What is this lady's origin? Her accent is all over the place. There is English home counties which morphs into (sorry tattlers of these countries), is it Canadian English or American English. Whatever it is, it is bizarre to my ear.
---

I wish this shop was closer.
You have a good ear! She actually grew up about 30 miles from where I live in the US, Maryland. But she's been in London, or thereabout, since the late 80's, I believe, maybe early 90's? In any event, she's been abroad for a long time.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Fortunately her heir-bearing years are behind her!
But on reflection, having watched Mothers Instinct yesterday, Isabitch and Percy will arrive shortly and both are getting on in years. They’d better check the stores for Chloroform and dodgy pipework in their apartment - maybe get a carbon monoxide detector. That chapel is just crying out for a gilded family vault.

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.