The Chateau Diaries #312 Stephanie Jarvis, you stupid girl, why is your Patreon account "under review"?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't ever put any "treasures" with a loved one in any kind of institution! No original photos or art work, no jewelry, nothing of any monetary or sentimental value that you may want back. It's not a home away from home, it's the waiting room for death. Residents, staff, even visitors may take things that don't belong to them. I pray that my husband will die before he needs to be placed because I can no longer care for him. It's a sad situation our modern world has found itself in with the care of aging people.
My husband has now been offered a bed in the only establishment that is suitable,and will move in to the home on Monday in ten days time. Even good clothes are desirable. I have bought him a cheap watch to wear now , it is heartbreaking as I gave him his lovely watch as an engagement present over 40 years ago.
My heart aches with sadness at him moving, but is also heavy with fear at how they will treat him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
My husband has now been offered a bed in the only establishment that is suitable,and will move in to the home on Monday in ten days time. Even good clothes are desirable. I have bought him a cheap watch to wear now , it is heartbreaking as I gave him his lovely watch as an engagement present over 40 years ago.
My heart aches with sadness at him moving, but is also heavy with fear at how they will treat him.
@Lochness Monster, I wish I could give you a hug right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
So refreshing. No airs. No hangers-on or family & odd-ball friends making up all the numbers and constituting half of the 'guests'. Catered food and simple flower arrangements. Ordered dishes from a supplier and no need for a 50 piece porcelain service. Just Anna & Phillipe comfortably hosting their patrons.

View attachment 2998345
agree and they actually put effort and consideration into it themselves and guests weren't just granted a a 10 minute audience with them, job well done
---
Oh Lochness my heart literally goes out to you, you will be on hand to keep an eye on him and good carers will reassure you I am sure. A sad sad time for you and I wish it was not so.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
That's it, the weather forecast for France is so bad we have decided to change our ferry back home to a week early. Our Charente campsite for tonight is so badly flooded we are on the roadway in the site instead, we were late stopping so didn't have time to look elsewhere. I feel bad as the couple running the place only bought it last August and have been flooded like this three times. We will try another trip in September heading to Champagne and maybe further east towards Germany for a different viewpoint. A quick trip to LeClerc for a few treats (Normandy butter etc) and I'll be OK. For the first time in years I will be home in Dublin for my end of Gemini birthday.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
How can Micheal be so damn naive?!? He just put a big old target on his back with this artifact reveal! Whether or not it really is a former Beatrix Potter possession there are plenty of thieves out there and Begmania is easily found on a map! Hell, don’t be surprised if you find your erstwhile bosom buddy Stephafraudie trying to wheedle it out of you! If you haven’t paid her back that €500 yet you can bet her giant man claws will be grasping your way.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
View attachment 2998158

View attachment 2998149
Here is my window bottle collection. What’s that worth?…. Nothing. Old glass is beautiful.
Here’s the three bottles I wish us tattling old hags and hounds could have enjoyed together. Boozy barbecue to toast and celebrate our little baby N°4 getting into Sciences Po.
Cheers, all. (Can you tell I’ve got a thing about bottles?😂)
Bravo to your sprog no.4. That's excellent. Just remind them it's not all party, party, party 😉😅

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I feel for you both but hope he gets proper care. I had to choose a home for my dad and was fortunate both times with his. My advice would be to vary the days and times you visit and never tell them in advance. I did this and felt like I got a much better feel for the home. I also bought all of his clothes from marks and spencer and sewed name tags in them as they all tend to go to the laundry at the same time. On each visit we would always go to his room to talk privately and for me to check his wardrobe. The staff were aware that I liked him to look nice and would hunt down any missing clothes.
Sending you both my love 💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 40
That was @Iolair, they explained where they were going with that..
Exactly darling @HalyconOrganics, do please pay attention! Love you! ❤

Except I never said I was going to bring her down. Ha ha, chance would be a fine thing! What I said was that I thought I'd caught her out in a big fat whopping lie in regards to her cocktail engagement ring. BTW, the jewellers jury is still out on that.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
How can Micheal be so damn naive?!? He just put a big old target on his back with this artifact reveal! Whether or not it really is a former Beatrix Potter possession there are plenty of thieves out there and Begmania is easily found on a map!
I was thinking the same thing. If I was him I'd entertain the museum's purchase offer or loan it to them to put on display.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I was thinking the same thing. If I was him I'd entertain the museum's purchase offer or loan it to them to put on display.
I think we both know he would never donate it. There’s no profit in that. Though he might want to change the gardener’s cottage locks in case brother sticky fingers gets any ideas.🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 26
My dear @Lochness Monster you have had a seriously tough time and I understand that this must be devastating for you but you deserve a respite too. You have all the happy times inside of you, and they will be inside your husband too. We're all here for you. Love and hugs 🫂 x

• Heart
Reactions: 38
View attachment 2998158

View attachment 2998149
Here is my window bottle collection. What’s that worth?…. Nothing. Old glass is beautiful.
Here’s the three bottles I wish us tattling old hags and hounds could have enjoyed together. Boozy barbecue to toast and celebrate our little baby N°4 getting into Sciences Po.
Cheers, all. (Can you tell I’ve got a thing about bottles?😂)
Agreed, old glass is beautiful. I have a bottle collection that we have dug out of the ground during forays into country Victoria and an old secret tip site in suburban Melbourne.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
duck Fanny and her machinations. Some things are simply more important. You have not just my love, but my complete support. You should know that we all love and support you and your dear husband! ❤ Some time ago, my sister and I did a course in Australia in "aged care" with both of us being awarded what is called Certificate 3 in Aged Care. It's basically a nurses aid with the emphasis on palliative care. But I believe the true emphasis is on support and dignity. We did the course, not to work in the industry, but because our mother was moving into an aged care facility and we wanted to be fully conversant with the rules that govern these places. And omg! The Australian governmental rules and regs that cover these places are astronomical. Having been witness to how some aged care centers in the UK and Ireland are operated and the care practices therein, I can honestly say, if and when the time comes, I'm going home to Australia to die. I'm not saying Australian aged care is perfect, it's not - there are always the unscrupulous who seek to harm or benefit themselves and of course, there are always scandals surrounding these issues, BUT Australia is at least trying to get it right. Our mother's care is exemplary, and to date the only complaints she has had are a sweet elderly lady who, with advanced dementia, often wanders into our mother's rooms looking for the gift shop. The lady believes she is on a cruise. The other complaint from our mum has is that the facility's pub doesn't stock her favourite scotch. So Lochness, if you have any questions, wish to share experiences, or even just wish to vent, I'll try and make myself more available and be around for you when I can.

Be strong. Much love to you both. ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
That's it, the weather forecast for France is so bad we have decided to change our ferry back home to a week early. Our Charente campsite for tonight is so badly flooded we are on the roadway in the site instead, we were late stopping so didn't have time to look elsewhere. I feel bad as the couple running the place only bought it last August and have been flooded like this three times. We will try another trip in September heading to Champagne and maybe further east towards Germany for a different viewpoint. A quick trip to LeClerc for a few treats (Normandy butter etc) and I'll be OK. For the first time in years I will be home in Dublin for my end of Gemini birthday.
Give me a heads up if you’re up for a Tattle live “en direct” bitchfest if you’re driving back up around Avignon. We have a gite so you can have a drink, a witch and not have to drive home 😂 Tattle sleepover Yass.

Bravo to your sprog no.4. That's excellent. Just remind them it's not all party, party, party 😉😅
Thanks @C’est moi
She’s 25 and going into a masters, so hopefully the party days are going to be somewhat attenuated by the wisdom of age and the lack of money because a cell the size of a swimming baths cubicle costs 900€ a month. 😱

• Heart
Reactions: 29
It's doing my head in and I feel sorry for anyone who has organised outdoor events.

This is for next week, same shity weather.

Got the Fete de musique next Friday at our local, that'll be fun in the pouring rain if it decides to continue.

View attachment 2997913View attachment 2997917

I don't feel we've even got out of Winter!
We are having a heat wave this morning, 1.2 degrees. Expecting an overnight low of -2 degrees later in the week.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.