The Chateau Diaries #311 Got to pretend to be in the UK for 181 days a year to be a UK tax resident!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mr Spratt said it's never ends well when an Architect get too involved on a building/renovation site. Sorry any architects out there but his opinion is they can draw a pretty picture, then they need to sod off and leave the rest to the professionals to get the job done.

I just wonder have these restorers cottoned on that she has zero common sense and the gay fianceeee has no sense at all. That together with two useless co owners who don't give a toss, they can keep this running for months. If there are added extras to the original estimate who is signing the agreement to them or is she just blindly giving them what is appearing to be free reign.

Makes me laugh when you think she's as tight as a duck's arse on everything else, animal care, food the longest heating job ever estimated and yet coughs up $$$$$$$$ for this folly of a chapel.
A good architect SHOULD, as you say, sod off! They should be concerned with the building itself and not anything else. Too many of them these days are way too involved with details they shouldn't be and that is mostly because manufacturers PAY THEM commission to specify their product.

Stephanie's architect definitely failed them here.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Look at what Stephanie claims is offered at the Dump:
Chateau de la Lande
Property highlights
You can look forward to free continental breakfast, a terrace, and a garden at Chateau de la Lande. Be sure to enjoy a meal at Table d'Hôtes, the on-site family restaurant. Free in-room WiFi is available to all guests, along with a library and laundry facilities.
You'll also enjoy the following perks during your stay:
  • Free self parking
  • Meeting rooms, luggage storage, and smoke-free premises
Room features
All guestrooms are individually furnished, and include amenities such as free WiFi.
Other amenities include:
  • Bathrooms with showers
  • Portable fans, limited housekeeping, and desks
Languages
English, French, Spanish

7BA80A78-778A-4B90-913E-F94EA877188A.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Practically everything that has gone wrong with that dump has been caused by the Jarvis crew, Fanny and her parents. It's all down to ignorance, neglect, or shoddy workmanship caused by their desire to save money by not employing experts. It's not actually the fault of the people they employed who tried their best but were persuaded to do it. Neither is it caused purely by ageing or natural causes. Fanny behaves like the immature, spoilt child that she is and even since she's had money from others to enable the work to be started, she still concentrates first on appearances, on the decorative aspects, rather than essential things like drainage and structure.The crumbling, damp buildings and the jumbled, filthy state of the interiors is all down to her. She has now spent hundreds of thousands on the chapel decoration, a building that will hardly ever be used for its intended purposes and she has neglected the essentials. I have no doubt that, in a few years’ time, the chapel will start deteriorating again because, after her initial exhilaration at the newly decorated interior, she will lose interest and be on to her next decorative project. She will have neglected to check moisture levels, etc. In the long run, all the many thousands that gullible people have given her will go down the drain and whoever buys it or inherits the place, will have a millstone round their neck, all thanks to Flouncy Fanny Four Flues.
The Jarvis family are bourgeois in their heads but just bogan in reality.

Darling daddy was the person who initially cocked up taking walls down in the shitoo, pretending to know about renovation and building work in the first place now it's becoming unstable.

His spoilt offspring just continued the family tradition by all the huge gaffs she's done since.

She does not care about the place one bit, all she wants is the cheque in the bank each month to fund the lifestyle she's been told all of her life that she deserves.

Just do a bit here and there to keep the punters interest. Could really be an own goal on the chapel as she's turned it from an alleged simple sympathetic conservation, to a gaudy paintjob.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Mr Spratt said it's never ends well when an Architect get too involved on a building/renovation site. Sorry any architects out there but his opinion is they can draw a pretty picture, then they need to sod off and leave the rest to the professionals to get the job done.

I just wonder have these restorers cottoned on that she has zero common sense and the gay fianceeee has no sense at all. That together with two useless co owners who don't give a toss, they can keep this running for months. If there are added extras to the original estimate who is signing the agreement to them or is she just blindly giving them what is appearing to be free reign.

Makes me laugh when you think she's as tight as a duck's arse on everything else, animal care, food the longest heating job ever estimated and yet coughs up $$$$$$$$ for this folly of a chapel.
But we don't actually know that she has, or is, making any payments! Maybe she gave a lump sum upfront (to sweeten them) and agreed to stage payments on completion of each section. Would they have walked off site if no subsequent payments were made? Difficult to know. Some people work blindly on believing that it will all come in the final payment!

• Heart
G‍u‍e‍s‍t‍ ‍U‍s‍e‍r
  • Stayed in May 2022
  • Other
1/5

0234812000cszbjrs0A26.png

Posted May 29, 2022
I was both a YouTube follower and patron of the Chateau before traveling to France to stay there. I'm not anymore. I was treated like an inconvenience and an interloper. All I can say is DON'T GO. The volunteers were not paid to run the place so they had no reason to be accommodating and in some cases, they were outright rude. There was no heat in October and I was freezing - there is not a hot water bottle in existence that can keep you warm enough. They did not answer their landline and did not respond to WhatsApp when I needed important information. There was a skeleton staff of 2 people for the first 3 days of my visit so I was essentially alone in the gigantic edifice. It was eerily quiet and desolate. I was not greeted warmly but rather was grilled about my Pass Sanitaire - which I luckily secured before leaving the US. If I hadn't gotten one I would not have been able to stay there and they didn't even tell me I needed one. I was never thanked or acknowledged for my patronage and I was there for 8 days! The owner did not even take the time to talk to me for more than a few minutes much less make me feel welcome. And it needs to be said that the building is in dire need of basic repairs - It is much more "grubby" and run down then I was lead to believe and there is no safety compliance. The money being donated through Patreon is not being used to renovate but rather to decorate. There were no shutters on the windows of my apartment, no locks on the apartment door, and the cement spiral stairs had no railing. No one offered to help me get my luggage up the stairs and I am elderly and arthritic. I was basically ignored. The whole experience was a bitter disappointment. I know there are many others who have had the same experience and have not posted here but I wish they would. If you want to have an experience like the guests you see on YouTube you will be taking your chances - Don't say you weren't warned

G‍u‍e‍s‍t‍ ‍U‍s‍e‍r
  • Stayed in March 2024
  • Other
1/5

0234812000cszbjrs0A26.png

Posted March 19, 2024
I agree with the previous opinion overrated castle, the prices are much too expensive for the services offered. Kindness and television notoriety do not justify the exorbitant price. Slow down, don’t stop!!!!!!!!!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Look what puny Pottie got from his restoration of his tack room apartment since the grift began.

The kitchen, with its Portuguese marble worksurface, is fully equipped, and also has a wine fridge, dish washer and small fridge.Heating to be installed, and a bathroom / bath tub update. Did Amaury make interior shutters for the Potty place? He got the apartment and hallway painted, etc.

Stephanie has announced that the tack room is available for rent! Alas, the tack room has no open slots for June, July, 1 3 night 4 day slot open in August, and 1 3 night 4 day stay in September, and 2 days in October ( but the room rental requires a 3 night stay, so nothing in October, 2024).

Lalande
Learn More

ARRIVING
Thu 15 August 2024

NIGHTS

GUESTS
2 Adults

BEST RATE
€930.00 $ 1001.00

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Look at the thumbnail to the video Stephanie posted five days ago on Facebook featuring the mass produced Fitz and Floyd 1991 crude giraffe pitcher with the title “ The Creative Visionary Behind the Brand Ardmore.” Way to screw over Fee Stephanie! !
6DD96B78-8659-4E1A-83A3-EB473903B282.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
But we don't actually know that she has, or is, making any payments! Maybe she gave a lump sum upfront (to sweeten them) and agreed to stage payments on completion of each section. Would they have walked off site if no subsequent payments were made? Difficult to know. Some people work blindly on believing that it will all come in the final payment!
That'll be a pisser for them if they're doing the latter, when they give her the final bill and she says she can't pay.

I'm wondering if she's paying it in 'installments', they do so much then give her an invoice covering up to that point.

As we know, it could be anyone's guess what has or hasn't been agreed.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Contrary to most of the tartlets here I think the way Angel defended her home and family was justified and I probably would have reacted in a similar way in the circumstances. If someone deliberately posts derogatory pictures and remarks on Soc media about your partner when they are a guest in your home, then stands there smirking at you when they are called out on it, that would cause me to lose it. Ok I wouldn’t have used the word bleep as it is a word that I don’t like or ever use but I guarantee a few fucks would have been given.
ETA Definitely click bait comment from Annemarie and Nutti they like the rest of the inmates of the shittoo are all cut from the same cloth, playing the game with their paying fan base.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Always here to please I think I loathe him more than the Pube
I am with you Woody!
Snorts is a jumped up little squirt but Potts is in a different league !
Potts is much older and how can you make a living photographing the Grand Prix if you are not one of those famous camera guys???
He is a "mummy's boy" and I bet his mother gives him $$ for his travel etc.
Potts is just a older form of Snorts but I think Potts is vainer!
I just cannot stand all his little faces he does - he is too old to be a playing "Cutie " - yuk.
Plus he is just sooooo Lazy! 😡

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Chateau de la Lande
Property highlights
You can look forward to free continental breakfast, a terrace, and a garden at Chateau de la Lande. Be sure to enjoy a meal at Table d'Hôtes, the on-site family restaurant. Free in-room WiFi is available to all guests, along with a library and laundry facilities.
  • Free self parking
Room features
All guestrooms are individually furnished, and include amenities such as free WiFi.
Other amenities include:
  • Bathrooms with showers
Languages
English, French, Spanish

Chateau de la Lande
Property highlights
  • Free self parking
Room features
Other amenities include:
  • Bathrooms with showers
Languages
English, French, Spanish

View attachment 2989657
I am pissing myself laughing, talk about scraping the barrel for amenities limited housekeeping and desks ha ha ha ha.

Last nights meal was left over veg soup and pork belly. Pork belly is so cheap and the soup would have been liquidised left overs. The pudding a cream and pancake it is such a joke. Tripadvisor guest pics really show how unkempt the courtyard was. Fanny probably used to do a max of 8 weeks in the summer now she is trapped and it is not a relaxing place to live. Hangers on no where quiet to sit and relax and just piled high with shite

• Heart
Reactions: 14
When will the new constellation stars on Saint Henry be up for sale?

The repainted stars on Saint Borromeo?

• Angry
  • Sick
I am with you Woody!
Snorts is a jumped up little squirt but Potts is in a different league !
Potts is much older and how can you make a living photographing the Grand Prix if you are not one of those famous camera guys???
He is a "mummy's boy" and I bet his mother gives him $$ for his travel etc.
Potts is just a older form of Snorts but I think Potts is vainer!
I just cannot stand all his little faces he does - he is too old to be a playing "Cutie " - yuk.
Plus he is just sooooo Lazy! 😡
he is also hygiene deficient, has overly blinking eyes, he is Peter Dinklage's ugly untalented big brother. His craggy grey leathery skin, short tongue and Mr. Ed gnashers I wouldn't stand two seconds in his company. He is a boring little man, who perhaps once had a foppish charm but now is a really really sad case. A few more years and he will be some old soak boring people "did I ever tell you about when I was a pretend Formula one photographer" and people will run for the hills. Have any of his pictures been published?

That shirt last night was him trying to play the style maverick playboy but like Fanny he failed- he looked a sad sack, he is more suited to a pair of Farah trousers and a medallion a sad pathetic never has been. Mummy's biggest let down. How do this lot have such an inflated sense of self. Potts is a complete failure, romantically, ethically, work wise-has he any redeeming feature?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I am pissing myself laughing, talk about scraping the barrel for amenities limited housekeeping and desks ha ha ha ha.

Last nights meal was left over veg soup and pork belly. Pork belly is so cheap and the soup would have been liquidised left overs. The pudding a cream and pancake it is such a joke. Tripadvisor guest pics really show how unkempt the courtyard was. Fanny probably used to do a max of 8 weeks in the summer now she is trapped and it is not a relaxing place to live. Hangers on no where quiet to sit and relax and just piled high with shite

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.