The Chateau Diaries #311 Got to pretend to be in the UK for 181 days a year to be a UK tax resident!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Annalise is def taking Nati’s position- I mentioned the signs a while ago. Amaury and Nati have had enough of Steph allowing Snorts to take over.
I don't think Snorts is to blame for the lack of progress, sure he is an annoying spunk bubble, but Fanny calls the shots on what is done and where the money is spent. She has been paying Amaury and he could have replaced all the windows or repaired them in the last two years, it is Fanny who delays and sets him to wait table. Amaury could have done stuff off his own bat too but he is a husk of a human being and is done with the place. Snorts is an idiot with overblown ideas of his talents (of which I am yet to see any) but Fanny has been at the dump 20 years and never did anything. Take a look on Tripadvisor from 2019 and just look at how many weeds are on the drive she couldn't even do that. She is lazy work shy and adverse to spending on anything, Snorts is her biggest look over there and blame him not me, she is a cunning unpleasant woman. The iron hand in the velvet glove that is Fanny as hard as nails, spiteful, nasty but under the guise of softness,

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I guess literally poor Julie Sandwich is going to have to literally sell her Italian apartment to help to literally pay for the literal repairs that the estate literally requires. 😆 Literally.
What a con is that new channel of her's. It is literally a rehash of what she has already shown of the Italian house renovation.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
As if she was a florist and not just "playing" at it......as if she was a "chef" just because she has new chef jackets.......

On the other hand, she sure is primping and preening here, and looks very happy (you have to click where it says "View More On Instagram" to see her mugging for the camera). She's definitely feeling some kind of a way here.....they look too tight for my taste, but that's just me.

Hard no.
looks more like something a paediatric dentist should wear

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Just at the beginning, the one line.....but she still plays sappy music throughout, which can be a little unbearable (see above comment I made about her filming work being done). That's why God made the fast forward button, though........

Speaking of which, I seem to be using it a lot on a lot of vlogs I watch these days. I don't know if I've changed or if the vlogs have changed....I just find them tedious at times.
All I have to hear is the drum riff at the beginning of that wretched song and I can’t hit the eff you button fast enough! If she hadn’t dug in her heels when her viewers told her how annoying it is I might’ve kept watching her. But hey, I follow too many vlogs as it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
He is such an utter cock. He is truly a pathetic specimen. He thinks he is interesting and quirky but he is just a pointless, talentless under achieving grifter maybe the male version of Fanny. He dresses up to try and look interesting, but he just looks like a knob- the myopic git
A wonderful description of old Potts !
Bravo Woody !! ;):)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Have you any of Rosemary Verey’s garden/garden design books? She created a fabulous garden at Barnsley House, her home in Gloucestershire. It has been preserved despite no longer being a private house (the property was sold and became a pretty swanky small hotel - changed hands and is being reopened any time now after a revamp). Rosemary Verey knew the-then Prince of Wales well (their shared love of gardening) and she advised him about the gardens at Highgrove when he moved there. Her books - there are quite a few - are wonderful.

Penelope Hobhouse’s garden design books are also much-loved.

Another book suggestion for you: “Kiftsgate Court. Gardens - Three Generations of Women Gardeners”. Really interesting history of how the gardens have evolved from grandmother to her daughter and, now, her granddaughter.
Thank you for the book recommendation! That would be an interesting read to see three generations of gardening, I'll look for it. And yes, I have a number of Rosemary Verey's garden books, too!

As an aside, I watched Nicholas Fairford's vlog when he stayed at Barnsley House!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
They are moving. (Nati and Amaury) They are done and who can blame them? Snorts Ruins Everything.
Nothing, now, would surprise me least if armoire n' nutti are moving to the south of France but I feel this is their own kind of click bait to get the tongues clacking.

• Heart
100% what I would use. WHAT are those Restorers playing at ?? What is the Architect doing ? Instead of having meetings months ago about a concrete fountain base they should ALL be across the Chapel and every last detail, ironmongery should be on a schedule and have been ordered. Holes should have been drilled long before the paint work, which looks more and more like episodes of Changing Rooms or 60 Min Make Over each time it is shown.
Mr Spratt said it's never ends well when an Architect get too involved on a building/renovation site. Sorry any architects out there but his opinion is they can draw a pretty picture, then they need to sod off and leave the rest to the professionals to get the job done.

I just wonder have these restorers cottoned on that she has zero common sense and the gay fianceeee has no sense at all. That together with two useless co owners who don't give a toss, they can keep this running for months. If there are added extras to the original estimate who is signing the agreement to them or is she just blindly giving them what is appearing to be free reign.

Makes me laugh when you think she's as tight as a duck's arse on everything else, animal care, food the longest heating job ever estimated and yet coughs up $$$$$$$$ for this folly of a chapel.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
All I have to hear is the drum riff at the beginning of that wretched song and I can’t hit the eff you button fast enough! If she hadn’t dug in her heels when her viewers told her how annoying it is I might’ve kept watching her. But hey, I follow too many vlogs as it is.
Same. I am still suffering trauma after seeing piles of her poo. Mega ick.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I don't think Snorts is to blame for the lack of progress, sure he is an annoying spunk bubble, but Fanny calls the shots on what is done and where the money is spent. She has been paying Amaury and he could have replaced all the windows or repaired them in the last two years, it is Fanny who delays and sets him to wait table. Amaury could have done stuff off his own bat too but he is a husk of a human being and is done with the place. Snorts is an idiot with overblown ideas of his talents (of which I am yet to see any) but Fanny has been at the dump 20 years and never did anything. Take a look on Tripadvisor from 2019 and just look at how many weeds are on the drive she couldn't even do that. She is lazy work shy and adverse to spending on anything, Snorts is her biggest look over there and blame him not me, she is a cunning unpleasant woman. The iron hand in the velvet glove that is Fanny as hard as nails, spiteful, nasty but under the guise of softness,
June 2016 photos TripAdvisor photos
C39CE085-F3CC-4D79-A275-C67FF73CDACB.jpeg

2019 trip advisor photos
6638D134-9967-46CC-949A-830FDE430D32.jpeg
F3C54BD0-392A-420B-8957-2A2AE8169B06.jpeg
7F41D925-D8B3-497E-915F-C400521D1586.jpeg
C844BB04-A9EA-4CA8-B1BD-96ADA2AFDCBD.jpeg
18EC4C8C-67FA-44A4-9C46-59CD03352F40.jpeg
44BEA889-DD01-4CCD-A000-45E7DADD6D17.jpeg
2290D3A2-8E67-45DE-8187-3BDE0AABC7C7.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Spotted in the DM tonight. The chickens have come in roost.

I cannot stand the Strawbridges, so far up their own arses they could operate themselves as glove puppets. Hideous over induldged pillocks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Mapperton Live did a video 10 days ago about the 3 million dollars in backlogged restoration necessary on the Mapperton estate, If you don’t like jiulie’s voice turn on the subtitles. They have a huge property and a lot of responsibility because it is a listed estate. It is interesting to see the amount of buildings on the property and the work that is necessary and required to be done.

One of the reasons why the Jarvis crew did not buy a listed estate in France was because pervy daddy Derek did not want to have to renovate the farmhouse properly before trying to flip it. Remember that Baghead wanted him to consult architects, and to get the appropriately trained contractors in to do the work at the dump, but daddy Derek insisted on tearing out walls, tearing up floors, screwing up the heating system, etc. If the farmhouse have been a listed building, they would’ve been many requirements that they would have to meet in order to make any alterations or renovations to the dump, which would’ve been costly. Recall how Stephanie pulled out a wall in her bedroom, causing difficulties in other areas at the dump. She is just as cheap as her father, any person that walks into the dump she expects to be able to do 12 jobs, even if they’re only qualified to do one.

Remember that she had the heater guy fixing the electricity in the kitchen for her overhead lighting. She always has people work outside their comfort zones in their training. Davy shouldn’t have been figuring out how to correct all of the drainage issues in the dump. Other experts should’ve been involved. Dave shouldn’t have been put in charge of having to deal with the pond either. She did it to Amauryfor years until there was a fatality on the premises, then she gets angry with her cousin. Dan the gardener had to do all sorts of things outside of his job description. Crazy tit.

---
[
Practically everything that has gone wrong with that dump has been caused by the Jarvis crew, Fanny and her parents. It's all down to ignorance, neglect, or shoddy workmanship caused by their desire to save money by not employing experts. It's not actually the fault of the people they employed who tried their best but were persuaded to do it. Neither is it caused purely by ageing or natural causes. Fanny behaves like the immature, spoilt child that she is and even since she's had money from others to enable the work to be started, she still concentrates first on appearances, on the decorative aspects, rather than essential things like drainage and structure.The crumbling, damp buildings and the jumbled, filthy state of the interiors is all down to her. She has now spent hundreds of thousands on the chapel decoration, a building that will hardly ever be used for its intended purposes and she has neglected the essentials. I have no doubt that, in a few years’ time, the chapel will start deteriorating again because, after her initial exhilaration at the newly decorated interior, she will lose interest and be on to her next decorative project. She will have neglected to check moisture levels, etc. In the long run, all the many thousands that gullible people have given her will go down the drain and whoever buys it or inherits the place, will have a millstone round their neck, all thanks to Flouncy Fanny Four Flues.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
I'm getting serious Patsy Stone vibes of you falling with a bottle of Prosseco. I do hope that the bottle remained intact and that no wine was spilt... that would have been terrible 😉🤣

I took a tumble yesterday evening walking with my sheep. Got my foot caught in a vine root and virtually righted myself when one of the little darlings came up behind me and pushed me! Bam, down on the fucked knee. She made a rapid escape in the opposite direction. The knee is the size of a watermelon this morning but it doesn't actually hurt anymore than it did.
IMG_6905.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I do remember sometime ago her mother said something about her fanny, changing her mind, stalling delaying changing things all the time, that she was the reason nothing got done. I do believe it doesn’t have anything to do with money we all have commented from the beginning on the state of the windows and windowsills. That is something that anybody could’ve done sand it down, stripped the paint and then Ann Marie could’ve fixed any of the woodwork that could’ve been done by him.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Same. I am still suffering trauma after seeing piles of her poo. Mega ick.
Oh Gawd....I totally forgot about that. It was disgusting and I stopped watching for a while after that whole "let's powerwash my poo" video. I've just recently started up again, as I wanted to see what's going on there, out of sheer boredom. I have to confess that, rightly or wrongly, I have a soft spot for her as she lost her husband in the 9/11 attacks. Not that she promotes it in any real way, but in the back of my mind I know it and I have a lot of empathy for her in that regard.

She goes antiquing a lot, too, and I fast forward right through that, as I do on anyone's vlog. I used to do a fair amount of that myself and I find it so boring to watch other people do it, picking up everything and talking about how it could be used, what it is, etc. It's a snooze fest for me!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I guess literally poor Julie Sandwich is going to have to literally sell her Italian apartment to help to literally pay for the literal repairs that the estate literally requires. 😆 Literally.
I even find Julie’s IG posts irritating. Now that she’s quite proficient in Italian her posts from Italy are littered with Italian words and phrases. As if she *literally* invented the language.

Such a shame that she grates on me so much. The Mapperton estate - house et al - is a bit of a hidden jewel but I find Julie’s relentless, gushing enthusiasm more than a little off putting.

Her parents-in-law are ace!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Spotted in the DM tonight. The chickens have come in roost.

She invited the television company into her home. She wanted fame and fortune and everything that goes with it. Trying desperately for years to be noticed. She got very rich off of the back of it. Secured "design" contracts with wallpaper and fabric companies. She courted it and deserves what happened. The television world, below the surface, is not a pretty one. Play the game or duck off. She is not a nice person and happily courts not nice people (like attracts like), but then screams belly 'O when it all goes wrong for her.

• Heart
Well, I've finally gotten round to watching Shrek and Sarah's nuptial vlog- Part 1, anyway. First and foremost, I agree with whichever Tartlet (my apologies, it has been a long day) suggested Sarah would have looked better with her hair up. I do like Sarah, and think it would have been far more flattering with her dress. I think Sarah, who absolutely does not give a fork, has let it go too long for her face and age, and now has her original hair colour, grey, and whatever her previous dyed hair colour was- which is not at all flattering on her. Sarah could get good tips from Maruca, who I was surprised to see in attendance, and looked like an absolute boss. Maruca slaps it with her perfect oval face and short hair.

Shrek, that strangly greasy hair is doing you absolutely NO favours, either. You are looked an absolute hot mess. Get yourself a proper haircut! (Sorry, Tattlers, I know Curtis Ryan Woodside may have gotten his Egyptology and Archaeology degrees from a cereal box, but, we can not deny he is gorgeous. So it was good to see him in attendance as well. <inserts Marilyn Manson's "Beautiful People">.) But where was the handsome Filippo?

The most endearing bit was in the Maire's office when Sarah and Shrek "got married officially" with Viv and Simon as their witnesses. (And I agree- Fanny and Snorts were prolly late, as is their MO, and were probably POed the couple went on their schedule without their "presence".) Whilst I do not think Shrek and Simon are mates, I do think Sarah and Viv are actually really good friends. I hope the union was for the right reasons, like truly loving one another and not for some YT publicity stunt to up their numbers.
Filippo was at the wedding.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.