The Chateau Diaries #310 What does Phillip do for a living? NOTHING!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks, Lady A, for the shocking preview summary of the Patreon flog, and also to @graciemckitten for the running commentary.

In anticipation of viewing it myself, I decided to check out Dick and Angel's secret travel show.

I must disagree with your positive assessment of it, @Fleur du mal. I struggled straight off with the clown outfits, his non-stop mansplaining, and her garbled gutter-speak. I packed it in just after 7 minutes of them in Marseilles and will not be continuing. In fact, this is a screengrab of the exact moment I stopped. Read the captioning. Angel is such a buffoon -- those are her exact words. I'd rather watch any train journey of Michael Portillo's over this shite.

View attachment 2977145
Bloody hell it must be bad!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
've visited the invasion beaches, cemeteries, Pegasus Bridge and Sainte Mere Eglise several times over the years and it never fails to make me cry.

I'm guessing it still does and sadly I can't remember the tune but each day in the American cemetery a tune is played of a song that was popular the day they died.

The German cemeteries are equally moving and there was one we went to which had an inscription over the entrance that read, remember some of these men, it was not their choice to be here.

I've been doing family history for some time and we've done some research into Mr Spratt's maternal Grand Father.

We've found out that not only was he rescued from the and two of my Uncles serve in France beaches at Dunkirk, he was then sent back out to the mediterranean ending up being captured by the Italians and put in a prisoner of war camp.

He escaped from there, helped by resistance fighters and ended up in Switzerland.

Mr Spratt knew hardly any of this info as his Grandad never ever spoke of it, as was the case with so many because of the horrors they saw. He never accepted his medal either.

Mr Spratt said his Grandad was such a lovely kind and gentle man, it's terrible to think what he witnessed.

So very interesting.
We were fortunate in not having any family members directly involved with the D Day landings. Neither of my grandfathers were called up for WW2 (one a merchant seaman who was torpedoed and had lost his sight and the other suffered ill health for the rest of his life after being gassed at Langemarck during WW1.) Dad was thankfully a little too young and both my Uncles served in France ) but post D Day. We have visited the Normandy memorials and also Dunkirk. Dad and his older brother (10 and 14yrs) stood on the bridge at Teddington Lock watching the little boats leave from Tough Bros Boatyard for Dunkirk in 1940). Hubby's dad saw action in Burma. The war was over by the time my Dad joined the RAF. Both of our children have visited both Normandy, Belgium and Berlin as part of their studies whilst at school.). We have made many visits over a number of years to The Somme, Ypres, Plougesteerte, Wimereaux, Vimy Ridge, Mametz Wood, Passchendaele, where a number of family members are buried / lost, including my grandmother's 16yr old brother. It struck a chord with Phillipp Fleury's vlog where he spoke about visiting his Uncle's grave as no-on else from his family had been able to previously. It was a similar feeling for us. Dad signed the visitor's book at his uncle's resting place with "for Janie's brother" - my grandmother.
I was very pleased to hear our young grand-daughters talking about "the War" and D Day after they had been learning about it at school. They are really interested to hear about the various family accounts of the War and I am pleased that family history has been passed on to them for the next generation. I am so grateful to have had many opportunities to talk to my Grandad about his naval war service (the other grandad diedbefore I was born), my grandmother's time in Munitions and Dad's experience and recollections as a schoolboy in wartime London before he passed away. I have made sure to document these in a scrapbook that our girls have asked to take into school and will eventually have for themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Looks like someone has gotten themselves some version of new Turkey teef!
Isabelle doing her part early to upstage the bride-to-be! Or is it just a photoshop for the thumbnail?
No time to watch right now......but will later!

(she always had older crowns on her front teeth that were a different color than the rest of her teeth)

Now:
1717681982197.png

Then (from the infamous cherry vlog):

1717682335875.png

From vlog where Stephanie went to "support" Isabelle and Percy in SA due to Percy's TB:

1717682867912.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Thank you @tuffiti ♥ I tried to watch that and just can't anymore the screeching and the nonsense! 😖 (there's no emoji with hands on the ears or I would have put that on lol)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
We were fortunate in not having any family members directly involved with the D Day landings. Neither of my grandfathers were called up for WW2 (one a merchant seaman who was torpedoed and had lost his sight and the other suffered ill health for the rest of his life after being gassed at Langemarck during WW1.) Dad was thankfully a little too young and both my Uncles served in France ) but post D Day. We have visited the Normandy memorials and also Dunkirk. Dad and his older brother (10 and 14yrs) stood on the bridge at Teddington Lock watching the little boats leave from Tough Bros Boatyard for Dunkirk in 1940). Hubby's dad saw action in Burma. The war was over by the time my Dad joined the RAF. Both of our children have visited both Normandy, Belgium and Berlin as part of their studies whilst at school.). We have made many visits over a number of years to The Somme, Ypres, Plougesteerte, Wimereaux, Vimy Ridge, Mametz Wood, Passchendaele, where a number of family members are buried / lost, including my grandmother's 16yr old brother. It struck a chord with Phillipp Fleury's vlog where he spoke about visiting his Uncle's grave as no-on else from his family had been able to previously. It was a similar feeling for us. Dad signed the visitor's book at his uncle's resting place with "for Janie's brother" - my grandmother.
I was very pleased to hear our young grand-daughters talking about "the War" and D Day after they had been learning about it at school. They are really interested to hear about the various family accounts of the War and I am pleased that family history has been passed on to them for the next generation. I am so grateful to have had many opportunities to talk to my Grandad about his naval war service (the other grandad diedbefore I was born), my grandmother's time in Munitions and Dad's experience and recollections as a schoolboy in wartime London before he passed away. I have made sure to document these in a scrapbook that our girls have asked to take into school and will eventually have for themselves.
My Great Grandad lost part of his arm in WW1 but I've as yet to track down his Military Records. We've also still to do all of WW1 sites here.

My Maternal Grandad never enlisted for WW2 but was working for, as it was then, Shell Mex, as a petrol delivery driver. His deliveries took him up into London during the blitz. He also delivered to all of the local farms and would give the farmers extra and in return my grandparents got lots of farm produce veggies, sometimes half a pig that they'd share with the rest of the street. My Mum said they never had to use their ration books. Mum and her two sisters were evacuated to Wales and their older brother was in the RAF on communications.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Bwahahaha!
1717684471364.png

This is news to me. Are they all part owners too?
1717683859711.png

"Rarely"??? witch, this is your 7th visit in 6 months!
1717684196545.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
I’ve just watched this video although it’s very dull, This guy, even though he’s very young is so smart smarter than most of the people out there in the château verse could learn a lot from this guy

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Bringing us together is the best thing she's ever done, thank you Jules.
Imagining if the hags and trolls were in charge of Lalande (which I like, for the record).
The winter salon and the hall dining room and the marquis' salon would be reconfigured as downstairs bedrooms for the poorly Tartlets.
My model for a quick recovery comes from my parents' exploits in Peru in the 1930s, long before I was born. (One reason, white girls + high altitude = no babies.) My mother caught a nearly fatal case of typhoid at the famous Quinta Bates in Arequipa.
The very louche expat clientele -- WWI draft dodgers turned high altitude ranchers, Anglo-Latino Scots railroad architects and gun runners, various Nazi era commodities-hustling Luftwaffe pilots in training and pioneer Pan Am hot dog Andes surfers -- gathered in the dying woman's boudoir. Their treatment: Drink highballs, smoke cigarettes, and play a game of dice and bluff called bidou. The dying woman was given shot glasses full of champagne.
So I envision the poorly Tartlets in nicely accoutered hospital beds with old French linen sheets and faux Coromandel screens (collaged by the tart artistic brigade from brocante ringers) as necessary for the Spode po service, or ambulatory tarts could take turns ferrying you to the blue loo. Bathing by the wonderful French home care nurses we're all hooked up for (I remember somebody telling me their 87 year old French friend was getting massages as part of her aches and pains treatment, on the gouvernement's sou, fab).
A little posy of roses From The Gahden on the breakfast tray: Thé du constructeur or cafe au lait or hot chocolate or all three, farmers' market fruit of the mo (cherries and ice cubes in a crystal bowl), a croissant or really good toast or gingerbread (pain d'epice, yas, mama).
Then a little eggie perhaps? Boiled? A tiny omelette with tomme de Savoie, ready now, or homemade fresh peach jam? Or both? Or two, with each?
Then a peaceful morning of alternating silence, beautiful music -- here's some summer tunes from the highly recommended Listerner's Club (Elgar; Vivaldi) -- filthy jokes, raucous laughter, pedicures, dirty dancing, knitting, ceramics, pool boy and massages.
After a light lunch of high quality proteins -- I'm digging this quinoa bowl -- some chicken soup, obviously and maybe (in season) cod goujons with blueberry cole slaw and Miller Lite??? And champagne with white peaches? We could spend the afternoon planning the redecoration and the restoration of the lake. And inviting all the villagers to be married for free in the chapel, attended by all 15 hags, some in wheelchairs, attired in our very own Emmaus wedding dresses. Oh what larks.
Lovely! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
My Great Grandad lost part of his arm in WW1 but I've as yet to track down his Military Records. We've also still to do all of WW1 sites here.

My Maternal Grandad never enlisted for WW2 but was working for, as it was then, Shell Mex, as a petrol delivery driver. His deliveries took him up into London during the blitz. He also delivered to all of the local farms and would give the farmers extra and in return my grandparents got lots of farm produce veggies, sometimes half a pig that they'd share with the rest of the street. My Mum said they never had to use their ration books. Mum and her two sisters were evacuated to Wales and their older brother was in the RAF on communications.
Hubby's grandfather was a farmer so in a protected occupation. His dad was in the the RAF in Burma and his mum and aunt were in the Land Army. (That's how his parents met.) Thet certainly didn't experience the food shortages that the neighbouring towns and cities did. I wonder where your mum and aunts were evacuated to in Wales? Dad's family remained in London (mostly Teddington/ Twickenham) through the Blitz, the Battle of Britain and so on and finally moved to Cardiff after the doodle-bombs started to be dropped in 1944, when their house was badly damaged after a doodlebug dropped in the street behind them.

Nothing prepared me for the scale of the graves, particularly at Tyne Cot.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Why would the gruesome twosome need a pool? Stephanie cannot swim and Snorts cannot get his elaborate hair system and hair in a can monstrosity hairdo wet? This is all for 10% owner Çhamberpottie who invested less than $100,000 to purchase 10% of the Dump but has received far more than that some in upgrades to his apartment, the heating, trips, portion of the renovated party pad chapel, publicity, etc.
I seriously doubt the pool will ever been installed. As lax as everything is at the dump, it's a very bad idea, not just the upkeep but the liability and they've got enough of that already with the state of the buildings.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I hope that Fanny doesn't attempt to do a similar vlog to the Fleurie's touching vlog about the 80th anniversary of DDay . (Liarlande is only an hour and a half away from Oradour-sur-Glane - a ghost town memorial to a WW2 massacre in 1944. ). It would be fascinating vlog but Fanny's insincerity and fake tears would be absolutely sickening. Much better to traipse around designer clothes shops, china outletsjunk shops and film Snorts eating creme caramel that someone else has paid for.
Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 16.03.41.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I’ve just watched this video although it’s very dull, This guy, even though he’s very young is so smart smarter than most of the people out there in the château verse could learn a lot from this guy
Oh, they even have a video with the hot doc!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
PORSCHE ALERT!!!!!

-
Fanny left the porsche at the Limoges Airport and says many people having been asking about the Porsche
- says that Andrew still owns it, but he has offered to sell it to her for €26,000, interest free, payable over payable over 1-2 years
- Fanny:
  • feels safe in the Porsche
  • can edit in the Porsche while Snorty drives without feeling sick
  • would prefer a convertible
  • says Mummy thinks she should buy, but will wait until Mummy & Percy drive in it
  • says Snorty doesn't mind either way - BS :sick:
  • asks patrons what the poor little princess should do
View attachment 2977120-
So, she gave a PR statement about the Porsche, but nothing about the Ford Fiesta. Is it repaired? It should be by now. If so, why not drive that to the airport, if it's only her flying and she just has hand luggage?

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Stephanie thinks that she is leveling up the dump by comparing it to famous Chateaux and much nicer buildings and historical monuments And that if she mentions far-fetched “ similarities “ to other more prestigious locations, the viewers will forget that the dump farm house is not historically significant it is collapsing. She believes that if she decorates in the style of a bordello version of Versailles, it will magically change the dump from a dilapidated farmhouse into a mini Versailles. Remember that she is incredibly fond of any person who was a mistress of the king.

Stephanie is wildly jealous of Permasmile, tobacco Johnny, the people he gave her the Marie Antoinette Descendent twig ( which she threw away promptly after filming) and any other person who has a beautiful and well-maintained chateau. She hates the farmhouse so much that she spends less than one week a month at the dump and the rest of the time vacationing or sponging free weekends at well-maintained and beautiful neighboring chateaux. However, she treats The owners of these beautiful homes very rudely, arriving at 3 o’clock in the morning and causing mayhem during the entire stay, waving a little pink camera in her giant man hands as her untrained dog pisses and shits everywhere and harasses the owner’s dogs.
Yes, so sad, Not. Obvious the kow is miserable, because she’s stuck with that controlling freak, when she’d rather be off traveling, hooking up with potts, or whomever. Living her dream life as a single, Rich woman: free and solo. So sad she’s forced to pretend to care about that dump as well as her gay, balding, pompous, homely ‘fiance’. That f-kr will eventually milk all her accounts dry. Fanny will then one day go stark raving mad.

‘Tis a pity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.