The Chateau Diaries #31 Who'll crawl out of the woodwork next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you are tired of Marie, not to worry! You can always watch Selmar’s dynamic vlog, where this time he grace us with a view of the stomped bluebell field, and finds a bunch of plastic eggs and chocolates still lying around weeks after the Easter stampede egg hunt.

(His love interest of course had something to say about it...! Maybe he should invite her to Lalande. I think she wouldn't hesitate to
call on SJ's bullsh*t.)

1.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Marie's video should have been 4 minutes long, tops. What the hell happened to the editor? Is this all she has to work with? I know Marie is really, really, reallyreally busy, but she could have sent some clips of herself running, or cooking, or swigging some wine (I do what I want! You can too!) or eating a bowl of brussels sprouts she microwaved in the room she isn't allowed to leave.

If you are tired of Marie, not to worry! You can always watch Selmar’s dynamic vlog, where this time he grace us with a view of the stomped bluebell field, and finds a bunch of plastic eggs and chocolates still lying around weeks after the Easter stampede egg hunt.

(His love interest of course had something to say about it...! Maybe he should invite her to Lalande. I think she wouldn't hesitate to
call on SJ's bullsh*t.)

View attachment 543737
God they are perfect for each other and it's embarrassing me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
View attachment 542988

Just what I was wondering... Not knowing the difference between French and Latin and not knowing what common perennials like a Hechera is... For the respect for real garderners with a proper education (3-4 years) or for a apprentice working several years to get knowlegde; Please stop!
Just like me! University of YouTube.

I have to confess I have an old one as well. My mother thought it was a tureen at first and was mortified when she realized her mistake. We could have been served Irish stew in it!🤗
OK well me too in a way @Marquis de Potpourri ...
I found an old fashioned enameled enema pot in a brocante. By my thinking it was a brilliant wall planter. The little spigot on the bottom working as a perfect drainage spout... The lady had a funny smirk on her face but she was still nice and pleasant. When my husband walked up he burst out laughing and asked if I knew what I was buying. He and the lady started rattling off in French smiling at me. So I said I bet I am buying something that has to do with my trou de cul. The lady burst out laughing and applauded my French. She gave it to me for free...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
[/QUOTE]
Are you friends with the sungazer by any chance? He's from Vermont too!

So she's doing a Live next Sunday. She might be in desperate need of some scriptwriters to keep her narrative alive. Since I know she's just too shy to beg for it, I'll do her bidding for her: any volunteers to help her out?
Ooooooh pick me, pick me.

I've already shown willing to share my accomplishments and have respectfully asked all of you as well.

Hey Marie have multiple degrees, have two gorgeous children, have a company that services multiple countries and most importantly earn my own keep. My only real complaint in life is humidity, hate how my thick hair becomes a big pouf.

Oh, and perhaps you and your silly attempts at riding on Steph's coat tails. No money on your first YouTube vlog, now you're attempting a second? Girl straighten your life and teats, begging unbecoming. Surely Steph realised you're detrimental to her brand. We all noticed.

There was a definite change in her personality when she was tipsy: from sulky, passive aggressive witch to extremely happy, smiley, easygoing girl. It's a huge warning sign! She realized that alcohol is not good for her (remember her father's addiction.) Steph and others definitely encouraged her to drink to make her more tolerable 😂
Yet this 30th birthday she wants champagne to drown her sorrows. Failure of a YouTube original vlog, success as an instragrammer, oh no, no money, lordy now a second channel on others successes. Marie you failed in your life, will posting other successes really make you have happiness? Loving your journey, pretty funny.

The way FRK says "vegetables"... Am I the only one, who hears the oddity of it? o_O
Think her teats are the root of her speech impediment.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
[/QUOTE]

Mispronounciations like vege-tables are not uncommon in speakers of English as a foreign language. Though fluent she is not a native speaker of English.)
Similar with the 'th' sounding like "t" (or 'd') in non-native speakers (and also in some dialects). Yes, I am a linguist nerd. :geek::rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Did he have the same size feet as you?

Question that Clara may be able to answer. If the heating system is not fit for purpose, what is the hot water situation like in the house as they are usually interconnected. If all the guest rooms and volunteer rooms are full that requires a lot of hot water.
As I understand it’s a nightmare. My friends house, where Nic and Marie are now ‘not staying’, has it’s own boiler, so they had hot water. The rest of the house, all the other appartments (perhaps except the newer ones from IJ and Potty) at best have lukewarm water. Especially the oldest part of the shittoo, has no hot water at all, because its so far from the heating system. Again, she hasn’t invested in any structural approvements. Another begging bowl to come.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

call on SJ's bullsh*t.)

View attachment 543737
‘Tatyana’ is on her way, September I think, and agree could be fireworks! Two attention seeking women together will be very interesting indeed. Stephyana, here we come. ( or perhaps ‘tat’ yana !)

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
The Mappleton woman always has a big grin on her face almost like Fanny Flasher, in this household she is not so much liked.
In videos and real life it's insecurity and the want to be positive and be loved I think that's makes people react like this.
But I noticed this in books too. I don't know if it's a translation thing. Before buying a book, I always try to take a look inside. If the protagonists in the book are almost every time answering/nodding giggling, laughing, grinning it annoys me and I don't buy the book. Have nothing against looking on the bright side of life but always grinning, not normal IMO.
But that is very american behaviour, all woman who lauches have big grins and stressed out eyes, and the way they are brought up is to be well liked so they all try to achieve it (i am not talking about Jersey or Bronx)
View attachment 543166

@andiewieringa
22 hours ago
What a great evening it was, leaving the Chateau is diffecult with such a good bunch of people and lots of treats. So honnerd to be in the vlog of The Chateau Diaries about the art of @stephanieejarvis father. And Steven is the right man who can bring his artwork together! And last but not least, a quick view of my paintings of the several rooms at the chateau. #chateau #grandsalon #treats #fotos #fotooftheday #roomspiration
I wonder what she gave to Dans children...

Thread Title Suggestion:

The Chateau Diaries #32: Welcome to Derek's Dream Kitchen (Warning: Explicit Tile Work).
The Chateau Diaries #32: Welcome to Derek's Naked Dream

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I have to confess, I too have a bourdaloue. It must be in a cupboard somewhere.
SPODE alert. As the loo will never be finished, SJ should invest in a proper "collection" of chamber pots.
A British auctionneer was selling this lot this week. Come from a château and has a cypher,
duke family.:D
Paaarfect

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Totally agree. I also get really irritated by the way she is always saying 'anyways'. It's 'anyway' FFS! 😡
I think you didn't get the memo about anyways. It's a real word irrigardless of what you think. 😜
Anyways, her mannerisms annoy me, too.

Reactions: 8
I think you didn't get the memo about anyways. It's a real word irrigardless of what you think. 😜
Anyways, her mannerisms annoy me, too.
Depends on which side of the pond you are whether it is considered correct.

Reactions: 10
As I understand it’s a nightmare. My friends house, where Nic and Marie are now ‘not staying’, has it’s own boiler, so they had hot water. The rest of the house, all the other appartments (perhaps except the newer ones from IJ and Potty) at best have lukewarm water. Especially the oldest part of the shittoo, has no hot water at all, because its so far from the heating system. Again, she hasn’t invested in any structural approvements. Another begging bowl to come.
Isn't the old part/wing where B&B rooms are?

Reactions: 3
Mispronounciations like vege-tables are not uncommon in speakers of English as a foreign language. Though fluent she is not a native speaker of English.)
Similar with the 'th' sounding like "t" (or 'd') in non-native speakers (and also in some dialects). Yes, I am a linguist nerd. :geek::rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]
I don't mind her not speaking perfectly since she is non native. I myself run around for decades saying "few" instead of "view" till one day somebody corrected me. Also asking " is there a free room?" till somebody said "I have one available but not for free" 😂 It takes long to be that fluent in a language as she is in English. As you can see from all those Brits living in France for years and not speaking any French.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Depends on which side of the pond you are whether it is considered correct.
I don't think it makes it incorrect for a non-native to use American English expressions where ever they want. Anyways, Oxford recognizes the word. https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/anyway

Lalalande is full of non-native speakers. They will make mistakes when speaking English. That's never going to change. Native speakers make mistakes, too. I feel it's pointless to pick on grammar.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I don't mind her not speaking perfectly since she is non native. I myself run around for decades saying "few" instead of "view" till one day somebody corrected me. Also asking " is there a free room?" till somebody said "I have one available but not for free" 😂 It takes long to be that fluent in a language as she is in English. As you can see from all those Brits living in France for years and not speaking any French.
People seem to forget that Lalanders (except our chatelaine) are not native english speakers.
IMO they are all very good in speaking english - even Selmar who can express his opinions.
And we should keep in mind that they speak a foreign language in front of a camera and they know that thousands of people will watch them around the world.
I wouldn't be that confident myself.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
People seem to forget that Lalanders (except our chatelaine) are not native english speakers.
IMO they are all very good in speaking english - even Selmar who can express his opinions.
And we should keep in mind that they speak a foreign language in front of a camera and they know that thousands of people will watch them around the world.
I wouldn't be that confident myself
Agree absolutely, and we British native speakers need to remember that there are more people speaking "offshore English" than there are native British English speakers. Language is about communication, that is the most important aspect of it. If you can communicate your needs, ideas and feelings, accuracy is not vital in speech. It is more important in written documents, especially legal ones but, in general, If people are corrected every time they make an unimportant error, they will lose confidence. To learn and use a language, you need to take the risk of making mistakes. We need to be more tolerant and make more effort to understand non-native speakers, many of whom are far more willing to learn our language than we are willing to learn theirs!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
It was mentioned earlier this week that in SJ's patrons vlog, a film crew was at the chateau. I am wondering if it was a Dutch film crew?

Reactions: 3
and finds a bunch of plastic eggs and chocolates still lying around weeks after the Easter stampede e
There's probably a lot more of SJ's plastic egg containers polluting the fairytale woods and she wouldn't care a hoot about it!

• Sad
Reactions: 19
It was mentioned earlier this week that in SJ's patrons vlog, a film crew was at the chateau. I am wondering if it was a Dutch film crew?
Why do you think it might have been a Dutch film crew at the shitoo?

Reactions: 2
Why do you think it might have been a Dutch film crew at the shitoo?
Just a hunch. BJJ, Selmar and Andie all Dutch... I could see the Boy Wonder BJJ, pitching a TV show. Maybe that's why he returned home early this year?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.