The Chateau Diaries #31 Who'll crawl out of the woodwork next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's why he snorts so much, his testicles have been shoved up in his sinus cavity
the snorts are probably allergy related -he no doubt has hayfever along with everything else!

It seems that there are an awful lot of wealthy people in the word ready to give their money for more than dubious causes.

This morning I told my husband about soaking the cement off tiles which caused him much amusement. I cannot type here what he called the idea because of the delicate and sensitive feelings of this group save to say it was very scathing and the dogs looked at him in surprise...............................
it's the builder chap's fault - he suggested jet washing!

So lovely to hear someone say they want to be here in the UK - makes a change from us being slagged off for every wrongdoing in history since time began 🤣
Just to make you want to come even more, it’s the most glorious weather at the moment (has been for weeks). Sun shining, no wind, typical spring day. Hope you can come soon, but make sure you visit the real UK - not just London.
yeah - go out into the sticks or down by the sea where us yokels live :)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It seems that there are an awful lot of wealthy people in the word ready to give their money for more than dubious causes.

This morning I told my husband about soaking the cement off tiles which caused him much amusement. I cannot type here what he called the idea because of the delicate and sensitive feelings of this group save to say it was very scathing and the dogs looked at him in surprise...............................
I think if a lot of our husbands, aka significant others, would post their feelings & thoughts on the chateaux vlogs in particular CD there would be a sh.. show. Their asses would certainly be up in the air!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Before FRK graces YT with her Friday vlog, I just wanted to remind everyone what and who she was/is... The fun starts @11:04 mark and finishes with their future goals. MPK also joins in...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
You mean someone with actual knowledge on workschedules and apprehensible costs? Not gonna happen because it would make a mockery of SJ and what she’s been up to for the last sixteen years. It would make her look almost as bad as she is for a change...
In the US, facilities have to be up to code to be used as a B&B, otherwise they would be heavily fined or shut down, I guess France is different. Most of it is just common sense. Could some one get injured or killed from a wall of stone falling or an old wooden shutter flying off from twenty feet above? Fix it! Could someone get ill by breathing mold from a enclosed damp space or massive remnants of bird poo in the air from another part of the building....clean it up! Could someone get seriously sick from eating vegetables from your garden, which she even acknowledgs she wouldn't drink the water from the garden because of old pipe contamination....replace it! Just seems like the obvious issues get ignored or put on back burner for more decorative installation projects.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
They have two lawnmowers now, they should give the sheep to someone who'd take better care of them.
Yeah, if they don't get sheared I think they get maggots.
And I believe I noticed Ruby is an unneutered male cat. Huge problem in France with overpop of unvaxxed cats as a Petri dish population keeping feline diseases alive. One pair of unfixed cats can produce 20,000 offspring in four years.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
2D389986-18D1-435C-AA47-F8E5702DA353.jpeg

Just what I was wondering... Not knowing the difference between French and Latin and not knowing what common perennials like a Hechera is... For the respect for real garderners with a proper education (3-4 years) or for a apprentice working several years to get knowlegde; Please stop!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
So lovely to hear someone say they want to be here in the UK - makes a change from us being slagged off for every wrongdoing in history since time began 🤣
Just to make you want to come even more, it’s the most glorious weather at the moment (has been for weeks). Sun shining, no wind, typical spring day. Hope you can come soon, but make sure you visit the real UK - not just London.
- and don't forget to include a trip to Wales!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I told you before : different vibes recently in their YT comments.

Riot ?

Carolina Daily
1 hour ago
I don’t understand ? Why does nothing ever get finished ? Why are you always “getting quotes” you have more than enough money to fix all of the terrace so why not do it ? Why is the roof and attic not being sorted ? I used to love your Channel but don’t think you’re serious about restoring your chateau at all . You want it tatted up for a party palace

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I don’t watch FRK‘s masterpieces anymore but I do often look at the comments, just for the odd one questioning her crazy plans for her future business. I am definitely going to watch the MM one though, and will even get some snacks and wine in. In fact, can’t wait! 🍿🍿🍷
😂😂 I shall take great delight in giving it a thumbs down before it premiers and then watch it for 5 minutes before turning off

• Haha
Reactions: 18
You mean someone with actual knowledge on workschedules and apprehensible costs? Not gonna happen because it would make a mockery of SJ and what she’s been up to for the last sixteen years. It would make her look almost as bad as she is for a change...
You're quite right. I despair at it all, I want to organise and project manage the tit show. However, I will resist...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I like the sound of your husband 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
You're quite right. I despair at it all, I want to organise and project manage the tit show. However, I will resist...
I love the idea of @Gibson , complete with clipboard, taking on the project manager role.
I can imagine people scuttling about, Nutti jumping everytime he walks in, scattering papers everywhere. She's already had an email from Potty, Nic Chicken Head and Oliver informing her that they won't be visiting until the coast is clear. FRK sniffling into her apron as she scrubs everything in sight in the kitchen, Fanny and Phil up to their necks in peacock poop, muttering away to themselves but too terrified to stop when Dan calls "Yoohoo, Fanny, have you finished yet? Gibson's on his way with your next job. Phil did ask Mr and Mrs BJJ to write a note excusing him from strenuous activity but they are hoping that this will prepare him for his next step, a spell in the Royal Netherlands Army.
Selmar's completely bewildered by the new pace of activity. Trotter arrived looking for a place to hide but has already been sent packing. Unfortunately Spero didn't get the memo and arrived courtesy of his Patreon funded travel bursary and has been put to work in the sceptic tank. Steve has been able to put his talents to good use, painting over Daddy's mucky pictures and Sarah is kept busy running up lots of overalls featuring his Lalande logo on the pocket. Mummy and Percy are in charge of procuring the buckets needed for the Grande Sanitisation programme. (Channel 4 are interested in coming along to film.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
175833868_147332277327320_8662577094655127519_n.jpg

@andiewieringa
22 hours ago
What a great evening it was, leaving the Chateau is diffecult with such a good bunch of people and lots of treats. So honnerd to be in the vlog of The Chateau Diaries about the art of @stephanieejarvis father. And Steven is the right man who can bring his artwork together! And last but not least, a quick view of my paintings of the several rooms at the chateau. #chateau #grandsalon #treats #fotos #fotooftheday #roomspiration

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I love the idea of @Gibson , complete with clipboard, taking on the project manager role.
I can imagine people scuttling about, Nutti jumping everytime he walks in, scattering papers everywhere. She's already had an email from Potty, Nic Chicken Head and Oliver informing her that they won't be visiting until the coast is clear. FRK sniffling into her apron as she scrubs everything in sight in the kitchen, Fanny and Phil up to their necks in peacock poop, muttering away to themselves but too terrified to stop when Dan calls "Yoohoo, Fanny, have you finished yet? Gibson's on his way with your next job. Phil did ask Mr and Mrs BJJ to write a note excusing him from strenuous activity but they are hoping that this will prepare him for his next step, a spell in the Royal Netherlands Army.
Selmar's completely bewildered by the new pace of activity. Trotter arrived looking for a place to hide but has already been sent packing. Unfortunately Spero didn't get the memo and arrived courtesy of his Patreon funded travel bursary and has been put to work in the sceptic tank. Steve has been able to put his talents to good use, painting over Daddy's mucky pictures and Sarah is kept busy running up lots of overalls featuring his Lalande logo on the pocket. Mummy and Percy are in charge of procuring the buckets needed for the Grande Sanitisation programme. (Channel 4 are interested in coming along to film.)
It would need bucket loads of sanitiser and few plugs for those mucky birds! (Not always referring to the feathered species either)

Next week we expect to see a list produced on the CD of work schedules.

It really does make me wonder if she takes advice from people. I remember one vlog where Isabelle was refuting the gravel idea as other jobs needed doing. They knew what needed doing if you ask me.

Does Ian advise or just pocket the dosh?

Did the patio people not advise and quote on the steps and stairs when quoting originally? More work involved if piecemeal. They really showed themselves up there.

Painting of building and re rendering should have been done on the outside plus drains before gravel. It would have been far better to spend on that during lockdown before actual paying customers descend. I do think that the Chateau reflects its mistress. All show and no substance.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I may have misheard but I thought Matt said it was dried on bird/animal dung, he demonstrated how easily it would scrape off. I think that's why he was reluctant to do the job and told them to get new tiles. SJ said she would pressure wash it off. You couldn't pressure wash cement off. Apologies in advance if I misheard.
They are covered in dried bird poo but also have the original cement on the back. They should be scraping the cement off as Matt showed them to and pressure wash them. I think Matt knew there wasn't enough just by looking at the pile and he doesn't know what condition they are in. It's not going to look good if the tiles are chipped.

Another example of SSB not knowing what she is doing and not applying common sense. It took Ian two minutes to figure out how m² of tiles they had, and they don't have enough for the 48m² outbuilding, so they're now going in the 'china pantry'.
'Nattis' apartment will end up with the terracotta tiles or new ones.

I could have swore she said that those tiles were taken from the entrance hall when they had to dig up all the floors. :unsure:

- and don't forget to include a trip to Wales!
going tomorrow :cool::D 💉 🧜‍♂️💦🏖🐝🐞🌷🌺🦅🕊🐳🐋🐄🐑🐚🐚🌳

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve always wanted to be there....have never felt I belonged here....instead of going from place to place and job to job in New England years ago.....I wished I had left, charged up my credit cards and found “home”.....and I would love to see all of it...I am fascinated by history and architecture....when I was there I only visited one location and wish I had stayed longer to see more....or had returned much sooner ❤🏰 P.S. We have had snow all week here 😶

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.