The Chateau Diaries #308 So sad that Stephanie listens to Philip, he has no sense of style

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something classic and simple works for most. I think a nice elegant A line coat well fitted to her shoulders and flaring away from her middle and hips would look good.

Derail, do any you delightful humans use incense for insect repelling? I need something for our screen porch for the little noseeums and odd mossie that gets through. I don't find the citronella candles do all that much.
Have you tried mozzie coils? Manufactured by Mortein.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Something classic and simple works for most. I think a nice elegant A line coat well fitted to her shoulders and flaring away from her middle and hips would look good.

Derail, do any you delightful humans use incense for insect repelling? I need something for our screen porch for the little noseeums and odd mossie that gets through. I don't find the citronella candles do all that much.
I use lavender (the plant)for the flies and mossies outdoors. But indoor is not really a problem for me in UK. Although, when I was living in Canada we used essential oil directly on the screen just a few sprays in corners and middle. Also, when my Dad go fishing he swear by SkinSoSoft of Avon, the bath oil, he says that with that the midges and mossies do not bite him. Citronella never worked either for us.
Also found that : https://www.familyhandyman.com/list/deck-and-patio-insect-repellents/
PS SkinSoSoft bath oil directly on the skin, no dilution. (not the bug spray they now sell)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Do you think she bought this to matchy match her strawberry shoes?
The jacket/ coat seems too bulky for her frame .
I have no idea what would look good on her as she has bought so many things yet nothing seems to fit or look right . Maybe I am wrong on this. I am no fashionista!
Fanny is one of those people that think everything looks GREAT on her, no matter the style, size or color. She has probably always been like this and now her brown nosing entourage tells her she looks beautiful no matter what she is wearing. She is an impulsive shopper who gets a high from buying things, anything. I really can't imagine where she puts all her clothes. I'm sure they must be jammed and stuffed and thrown in a pile. Her shopping is continuing to accelerate and is out of control. I don't call it an addiction because it's not. She is purposely choosing to buy all this stuff, and if she chose to, she could stop it at anytime without endangering her health. Her diaper carrying dupe only encourages this wanton practice.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Have you tried mozzie coils? Manufactured by Mortein.
I haven't but I will get some. Thank you.
---
I use lavender (the plant)for the flies and mossies outdoors. But indoor is not really a problem for me in UK. Although, when I was living in Canada we used essential oil directly on the screen just a few sprays in corners and middle. Also, when my Dad go fishing he swear by SkinSoSoft of Avon, the bath oil, he says that with that the midges and mossies do not bite him. Citronella never worked either for us.
Also found that : https://www.familyhandyman.com/list/deck-and-patio-insect-repellents/
PS SkinSoSoft bath oil directly on the skin, no dilution. (not the bug spray they now sell)
I have heard of the Skin So Soft but had forgotten about it. I will get some to leave by the porch door. Like the suggestion of the spray on the screen too. Thank you.

• Heart
Insekt Lampe.jpg

Meanwhile... what I imagine the Shrek's stag-/hendo will be like.

And Stephanie Jarvis in a corner being like...

• Haha
  • Sick
The eye, the eye, I tell ya it sees all.
---
I like the coat! I am fairly tall and would wear it with a long tunic top/black leggings/doc martens. I am not classic or of the faint hearted! Stephanie Jarvis has a hunched back posture and is too short to carry off a bold pattern as this. She makes the same mistakes with her clothes and her interior decorating.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
The should have got Marie (after all she's never going to buy her anything remotely pretty) some gathering gloves and some nice warm walking socks. It's so friggin cold in that hovel, they need to keep Marie warm and toastie as she's the only one doing any hard graft.
They need to buy Marie a bleeping cashmere sweater.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The eye, the eye, I tell ya it sees all.
---
I like the coat! I am fairly tall and would wear it with a long tunic top/black leggings/doc martens. I am not classic or of the faint hearted! Stephanie Jarvis has a hunched back posture and is too short to carry off a bold pattern as this. She makes the same mistakes with her clothes and her interior decorating.
The coat is definitely a statement piece. I like what you would wear with it! Only Fanny can wear a $2000 designer coat and look like a bag lady. Tess, on the other hand, would slap that coat like a boss lady! (And she'd probably wear black with it as well.)

For all the money Fanny spends to look heinous, she would be better served to work with a stylist, a real hairdresser for a colour consult and better cut, and a make-up artist (because that 90s look is far past its expiration date!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
WTF wants to walk the great distance to get there and have to carry everything with them? I don't think there's even a small bathroom nearby in the outbuildings. I would take my chances sitting on the terrace instead.
Gazebos are for flower gardens. You don't sit in a gazebo watching the serfs weed the vegetables and tear out the dead box or the pine martens rip up the chickens. It's so wrong on so many levels. The spectacle in the potager is not for gazebos, you Caligula.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Gazebos are for flower gardens. You don't sit in a gazebo watching the serfs weed the vegetables and tear out the dead box or the pine martens rip up the chickens. It's so wrong on so many levels. The spectacle in the potager is not for gazebos, you Caligula.
Does that make manchild the horse consul Incitatus ?! 😂 (or maybe not, after all she's allergic to horses)😏

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Remember I told you all about Chloe (a.k.a. Coco) setting up a GoFundMe account so that people could fund some acting course in Oxford, England?
I've sort of forgotten about it, but tonight, as I went on there to find a GoFundMe account for a friend of mine who passed away on May 20th, Chloe's GoFund me came up.
She didn't receive enough money! I posted on April 16th that she had, as of that date, raised $2,920 of the $9,000 she asked for. On April 28th, she closed the request and refunded everyone their donation amount, indicating that she "gave up her spot". I sure hope another person is able to take her place and that they are able to fund the course, after being told they weren't chosen! It's very, very rude of her to accept when she didn't have the money, keeping someone else who was qualified and wanted to go from being chosen. I think the course starts in early July. Here is what she wrote:

1716687514522.png

1716687585323.png

---
Still thinking about this GoFundMe of Chloe's, which I accidently ran into tonight.
She says "it's evident that I won't be able to fulfill the payment deadlines without going into substantial debt of my own."

She wants to be an actor? I have no issue with that. It's HER dream, so it should be HER debt!

She has come up occasionally in my Instagram stories since I last posted about this in April, going antique shopping, driving cross country to visit family and going to the theater, looking at cute shops in NYC. I don't recall ever seeing something she posted saying she was working at a JOB.

Unbelievable!

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.