The Chateau Diaries #305 2 containers full of junk and off to the brocante to buy more. Weeee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
According to one source Ron may be quite valuable for Fanny. He is a contractor and developer and experience in film! I think Ron has plans. We'll have to wait and see.
Doesn't bear thinking about can you imagine Fan and Trixie
1715446835392.png

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Freesia54 said:
I wish Marie would either remove the 'pinny' when she reveals the meal or buy some chef jackets... even the white T shirts she bought.. also leave the Tea Towel in the kitchen, and not draped from the apron ties.... She looks like she's just finished at shift a Arthurs Cafe.

A crisp and clean white shirt with a black or blue clean and pressed professional apron without a stupid brooch would suffice to greet the guests. She has a penchant for the shabby chic look which is not professional looking. She doesn't seem to understand the ease of having a uniform.
FRK aka 'The Lunch Lady'
1715446566505.png
1715446612199.png
1715447137362.png

1715446893827.png
1715446923516.png
1715447074967.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I have to add, the containers are literally incinerators for what Jarvis claims as among her proudest possessions.
And to point out that if Philip is in fact her project manager, he's just cost her upwards of -- how much did she pay for the grand salon panelling -- €20 or €30K, plus the stealth-purchased panelling.
That Philip is her project manager is one of her Hitlerian Big Lies.
Hitler invented the idea in Mein Kampf and labels it insolent.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Gogglebox last night showed a bit of Marcus Waring's Provence programme. Kids school lunches, three courses which were better than Lalande dinners with seconds available for the children.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Grant, Ron, they're all the same. Weirdos! I wouldn't spend any time or energy trying to figure them out. You know anyone that hangs out at the dump is a misfit. Why else would they be there?
Spot on :)

Funny enough, Hedda, Mummy 🦇replied to a question in the CD comments today about coffee at the HMN!

@canderson7923
5 hours ago
By what method do you make coffee at the Chateau?

@isabellejarvis7805
4 hours ago
Capsules I think.

🤣🤣🤣
Mummy should STFU. She doesn't know Jack about what's happening at the Chateau.

• Heart
  • Haha
I'm a coffee snob and being served coffee like that is not what makes a good cup of coffee! I don't imagine he preheated the coffee pot so the coffee is served lukewarm. I don't imagine any of them know how to make coffee since they are tea drinkers so the coffee is weak. They probably don't know how to buy coffee so they buy the cheap stuff already ground. If they want to be French about serving coffee after dinner, which they don't of course, they would be serving espresso. But then you wouldn't have a porcelain espresso server for PP to play with. I do wonder how some of the Americans can stand to go without good coffee at the dump. Why don't they have an espresso maker for their guests? Answer: because they don't care about their guests!
@Hedda Hopper a gal after my own heart.

I am a coffee snob too. Never an instant coffee or pre ground coffee will darken my door. I like Italian coffee and stock up on certain brands twice a year. I can get other Italian coffee brands here too, should I run out. We also have 2 very good torrefacators in Narbonne and every couple of months I take myself off for a tasting and buy small packs of beans. We have several stove top espresso pots as well as a machine (bought in Italy) which has served us proud for 26 years. It is on its last legs, though, so we have decided to shop around for a professional bar standard machine. That's how important the coffee making process is to us. I, dare I say it, sort of collect espresso cups and saucers. Illy do art collections, and they have become very collectable.

I am also a tea snob. I do have bags for a quick cuppa but I do like loose leaf black tea. And I always drink tea from bone China, teapot always warmed first.

What one has to remember about the dump crew is that not a single one of them has any kind of taste bud between the lot of them. Not a single one of them has any class. And not a single one of them has any idea about doing things the correct way. And they also don't give a tit about their paying guests, their paying patrons and their paying youtube fans. They all pay for her lifestyle one way or another.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Ditto !! He clearly has never experienced true Michelin star restaurants !
Marie next supper ?!
🤣🤣🤣
A very dear friend sent me this card after he had wild musroom risotto with us. 3 years later he is still waxing lyrical about it. I think it was a hit.

I don't take much notice of the dump guests, considering them to be rather sad individuals. Da do Ron Ron, da do Ron Ron (you beat me to it @Balmoral 🤣) has started my gaydar tweaking! Is he yet another version of fagash Johnny? Widowed, change of direction? Perfectly coiffed hair. Probably manicured nails. I think he's a "watch this space".

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
While FRK did not use gloves to plate the food (probably wiping her runny nose between assembling courses), she did use a bag to make the forking pavlovas (my God- how many times can she make a pavlova in this month? Why not just bake a damn cake for a change! Was it wrong @billybudd I hoped that bag contained buttercream frosting to go atop a cake?!? SMH!) Fanny pulease- the "perfect guest experience" is eschewing your terrible overpriced lodging and dining options for a Novotel and to eat local. No one wants to stay at your sketchy, hazardous overpriced Shitoo that you rave about being "armazing" just to meet you and Sir Snortsalot for an overpriced sad dinner. There are so many better Chateaux to stay at nearby. Even the promise of unwashed Yves Delorme towels cannot gloss over the fact those showers are going to be cold, and the chef has obviously contracted whatever respiratory illness Fanny has contracted on her many travels as of late. People are wisening up.
Such a good question, @T Rex.
Still thinking about Marie and her pastry bag, and what story she thinks she's telling with her food.
I lived in an aspirational neighborhood, lucky me, for decades. One of the tiny chic storefronts was rented by a woman of a certain age who was going to sell pre-cooked upscale take-home meals for the many upscale non-cooks who lived in the hood, a really good idea for that space, and a good idea for a business at any time.
The problem was her idea of upscale.
There's a certain kind of blue collar small town woman who grew up in the 50s -- I have encountered her a bunch of times -- who abandoned the delicious cooking of her small town grandma, or strange uncle (hear me, Lee Bailey, Scott Peacock, James Beard, Ernest Matthew Mickler!). And she went the corporate cooking way, via the women's magazines corporate advertiser agenda. That is, canned soup sauce, Jello salad, insta-pudding cake, the mind-boggling chow mein noodle Christmas cookies made by my dear friend from Fargo, N.D. (She may have qualified as one of the strange uncles, too.)
Along with all the packaged additions to food, came the notion that adding Velveeta cheese spread (not officially cheese) to everything made it classy. Velveeta even became a sign of prosperity to the wonderful Mexican Tex-Mex cooks who could charge the gringos moar for Velveeta chili con queso than they could selling real cheese.
And so this hard-working lady in the aspirational neighborhood covered everything she made for the yuppies with Velveeta. Because it was classy and she just knew they'd buy classy home-cooking covered with cheese product.
They wouldn't touch it with a forty-foot pole, as anyone could have told her.
She was out of business in six months and seriously in debt.
I think that's where Marie is stuck.
Pavlovas are classy food to her. She seems to be stuck in a department store ladies' lunch dessert world of individual servings of lightish diet desserts, whereas what restaurant customers shell out for big time is liqueur-drenched, buttercreamed, jammed-out cake. Cake. Caketty caketty cake. With chocolate dipped strawberries AND nuts on top.
I think she has rigid and completely delusional ideas about classy food.
One is, it's classy if it comes out of a pastry bag. Please note all the incredibly skilled cake decorating ladies who decorate cakes you'd rather die than be photographed next to. She's working another one, the perfection salad one, that if you can form, say potatoes, into perfect blocks, it's classy. There's a whole book about the puritannical home ec origins of attempting to tame unruly, delinquent ingredients into Perfection Salad: Women and Cooking at the Turn of the Century.
She thinks Stephanie Jarvis is classy, and Jarvis' eating and cooking is completely dysmorphic. There's serious disorder in Jarvis' eating, as well as cruelty and grossness in her cooking. That cowpat she made for Marie's birthday is exhibit A at the mo, but I will never forget the gross slop she dished up for their Come Dine With Me contest at the shitoo.
I'm really not qualified to assess much of Jarvis' depravity except on food, narcissism, and fascist rhetoric. So I can go on and on. But there's something really wrong here. News flash.
---

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Ron Robertson has only lived in France since February. He obviously wants to make friends and is willing to pay for it. He thinks himself a gourmet since he can "testify" that Marie's cooking is exceptional. He has no problem brown nosing Fannyt and PP with his experience at the dump. Next, he'll be looking for a chateau to purchase and renovate. We will be seeing more of him. He's a creep worming his way in with Fanny's crowd. Anyone out there with a strong gay radar picking up vibes from him? I just find it hard to believe that a straight mature man would want to spend any time or money at the dump and then gush about it.
Ol’ Ronnie Boy strikes me as the desperate type of self loathing gay whose relationships are all transactional. Bought friends, bought lovers and a bought personal life. It used to be more common from mid century gays but he smells like a throwback to me. Ron will fit right in with Fanny and PhiPhi. He also seems like one of those live beyond his means people. Smokey Joe might want to pay heed. We could see a catfight between Johnny Rotten and Ron the Brownnose over PhiPhi’s affections. Or should that be affectations?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
The woman on the right in the last photo goes to the same beauty therapist as Fanny!
---
You forgot artist and intellectual. How could you forget those two?
---
Ol’ Ronnie Boy strikes me as the desperate type of self loathing gay whose relationships are all transactional. Bought friends, bought lovers and a bought personal life. It used to be more common from mid century gays but he smells like a throwback to me. Ron will fit right in with Fanny and PhiPhi. He also seems like one of those live beyond his means people. Smokey Joe might want to pay heed. We could see a catfight between Johnny Rotten and Ron the Brownnose over PhiPhi’s affections. Or should that be affectations?
He also looks a little bit like the minister who gave Snorty a transparent plastic jacket.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
@Hedda Hopper a gal after my own heart.

I am a coffee snob too. Never an instant coffee or pre ground coffee will darken my door. I like Italian coffee and stock up on certain brands twice a year. I can get other Italian coffee brands here too, should I run out. We also have 2 very good torrefacators in Narbonne and every couple of months I take myself off for a tasting and buy small packs of beans. We have several stove top espresso pots as well as a machine (bought in Italy) which has served us proud for 26 years. It is on its last legs, though, so we have decided to shop around for a professional bar standard machine. That's how important the coffee making process is to us. I, dare I say it, sort of collect espresso cups and saucers. Illy do art collections, and they have become very collectable.

I am also a tea snob. I do have bags for a quick cuppa but I do like loose leaf black tea. And I always drink tea from bone China, teapot always warmed first.

What one has to remember about the dump crew is that not a single one of them has any kind of taste bud between the lot of them. Not a single one of them has any class. And not a single one of them has any idea about doing things the correct way. And they also don't give a tit about their paying guests, their paying patrons and their paying youtube fans. They all pay for her lifestyle one way or another.
Ooo now I need to ask, what brand of tea and where from? This is for Mr Spratt as his bags are getting low and we don't go back to buy more plus he said it doesn't taste the same........so fussy.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The woman on the right in the last photo goes to the same beauty therapist as Fanny!
---

You forgot artist and intellectual. How could you forget those two?
---

He also looks a little bit like the minister who gave Snorty a transparent plastic jacket.
IMG_1774.jpeg

IMG_1782.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Meanwhile over at Chateau Avensac, the International Judy Fan Club is planning to travel in a convoy through the French countryside and have a picnic with Judy. ❤ :ROFLMAO: It was a fun bit.

Any news about Patreon Day, Caroline Gooder?

International Judy Fan Club Outing.JPG

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Finally forced to watch the vid itself.
Another all beige meal. Beige carrot potato soup. Beige pork belly with beige potato, beige sweet potato, and beige radishes. Beige passionfruit pavlova.
Versus what's in season in France: New potatoes, watercress, fabulous special strawberries.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Meanwhile over at Chateau Avensac, the International Judy Fan Club is planning to travel in a convoy through the French countryside and have a picnic with Judy. ❤ :ROFLMAO: It was a fun bit.

Any news about Patreon Day, Caroline Gooder?

View attachment 2929609
It still wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the Patreon Day was cancelled at the last minute.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Such a good question, @T Rex.
Still thinking about Marie and her pastry bag, and what story she thinks she's telling with her food.
I lived in an aspirational neighborhood, lucky me, for decades. One of the tiny chic storefronts was rented by a woman of a certain age who was going to sell pre-cooked upscale take-home meals for the many upscale non-cooks who lived in the hood, a really good idea for that space, and a good idea for a business at any time.
The problem was her idea of upscale.
There's a certain kind of blue collar small town woman who grew up in the 50s -- I have encountered her a bunch of times -- who abandoned the delicious cooking of her small town grandma, or strange uncle (hear me, Lee Bailey, Scott Peacock, James Beard, Ernest Matthew Mickler!). And she went the corporate cooking way, via the women's magazines corporate advertiser agenda. That is, canned soup sauce, Jello salad, insta-pudding cake, the mind-boggling chow mein noodle Christmas cookies made by my dear friend from Fargo, N.D. (She may have qualified as one of the strange uncles, too.)
Along with all the packaged additions to food, came the notion that adding Velveeta cheese spread (not officially cheese) to everything made it classy. Velveeta even became a sign of prosperity to the wonderful Mexican Tex-Mex cooks who could charge the gringos moar for Velveeta chili con queso than they could selling real cheese.
And so this hard-working lady in the aspirational neighborhood covered everything she made for the yuppies with Velveeta. Because it was classy and she just knew they'd buy classy home-cooking covered with cheese product.
They wouldn't touch it with a forty-foot pole, as anyone could have told her.
She was out of business in six months and seriously in debt.
I think that's where Marie is stuck.
Pavlovas are classy food to her. She seems to be stuck in a department store ladies' lunch dessert world of individual servings of lightish diet desserts, whereas what restaurant customers shell out for big time is liqueur-drenched, buttercreamed, jammed-out cake. Cake. Caketty caketty cake. With chocolate dipped strawberries AND nuts on top.
I think she has rigid and completely delusional ideas about classy food.
One is, it's classy if it comes out of a pastry bag. Please note all the incredibly skilled cake decorating ladies who decorate cakes you'd rather die than be photographed next to. She's working another one, the perfection salad one, that if you can form, say potatoes, into perfect blocks, it's classy. There's a whole book about the puritannical home ec origins of attempting to tame unruly, delinquent ingredients into Perfection Salad: Women and Cooking at the Turn of the Century.
She thinks Stephanie Jarvis is classy, and Jarvis' eating and cooking is completely dysmorphic. There's serious disorder in Jarvis' eating, as well as cruelty and grossness in her cooking. That cowpat she made for Marie's birthday is exhibit A at the mo, but I will never forget the gross slop she dished up for their Come Dine With Me contest at the shitoo.
I'm really not qualified to assess much of Jarvis' depravity except on food, narcissism, and fascist rhetoric. So I can go on and on. But there's something really wrong here. News flash.
---
Fanny and FRK are trying to present a 9 course experimental tasting menu with small portions instead of a tasteful, nicely presented, satisfying 3 course home cooked dinner. You aren’t a Michelin star chef, and the HMM is definitely not an 5-star establishment, so you need to learn what your lane is, perfect it and stay in it.

• Heart
Freesia54 said:
I wish Marie would either remove the 'pinny' when she reveals the meal or buy some chef jackets... even the white T shirts she bought.. also leave the Tea Towel in the kitchen, and not draped from the apron ties.... She looks like she's just finished at shift a Arthurs Cafe.

A crisp and clean white shirt with a black or blue clean and pressed professional apron without a stupid brooch would suffice to greet the guests. She has a penchant for the shabby chic look which is not professional looking. She doesn't seem to understand the ease of having a uniform.
I know bartenders that dress better at work than her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.