The Chateau Diaries #305 2 containers full of junk and off to the brocante to buy more. Weeee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Dad always said Brits buying Chateaux was either because they were a bit stupid or they were people who needed it as validation for what they hadn't achieved in the UK. They are not really viable as Chambre d'hote they always have issues and need vast maintenance so as a business proposition not the greatest. I can't understand why Fanny still owns it (other than grift potential now), it is clear as day she has no love for the place. The constant shopping and travel is because she is trying to fill a void, everything is for show or for the quick high. Just let it sink in her office wall must have been knocked down three years ago and she still looks at that untouched, the pink bathroom still not finished and lets not get started on her twiddly dee kitchen with it's 80's vibe. She is the very last person who should have an old property, she is a slovenly old sack.

I have been thinking about Pube's parents. A loving parent would obviously be very worried about their son, having no job, no career history, no education, no goals, no ambition and tying himself to an obviously amoral narc with no back up plan. What the duck are they thinking?
All so on point. Well observed.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
My Dad always said Brits buying Chateaux was either because they were a bit stupid or they were people who needed it as validation for what they hadn't achieved in the UK. They are not really viable as Chambre d'hote they always have issues and need vast maintenance so as a business proposition not the greatest. I can't understand why Fanny still owns it (other than grift potential now), it is clear as day she has no love for the place. The constant shopping and travel is because she is trying to fill a void, everything is for show or for the quick high. Just let it sink in her office wall must have been knocked down three years ago and she still looks at that untouched, the pink bathroom still not finished and lets not get started on her twiddly dee kitchen with it's 80's vibe. She is the very last person who should have an old property, she is a slovenly old sack.

I have been thinking about Pube's parents. A loving parent would obviously be very worried about their son, having no job, no career history, no education, no goals, no ambition and tying himself to an obviously amoral narc with no back up plan. What the duck are they thinking?
I just believe - that at least Snort's mom - wants to ( and does ) believe the hype. She loves that the weirdo ( that she does love) has been taken off her hands, that she can talk herself into believing he loves women, and it boosts her self esteem that he is traveling, and shopping and she is reveling in all the money her son's sugar momma is blowing on both of them NOW. She is going to support the fake engagement and pray that if the marriage goes thru that he will get a big payout when things end. I believe his parents are not giving a thought to his uneducated, no real job experience in the future. He IS an adult. What really can they do? He is obviously self absorbed, stubborn, manipulative, selfish and unattractive. This pairing with his twin is probably more than they ever hoped for for him. They feel that he has landed in a gold mine and probably fell for Fanny's lies, and love bombing too. A lot of stupid, gullible people fall for women like Fanny. Sadly.

• Heart
I just believe - that at least Snort's mom - wants to ( and does ) believe the hype. She loves that the weirdo ( that she does love) has been taken off her hands, that she can talk herself into believing he loves women, and it boosts her self esteem that he is traveling, and shopping and she is reveling in all the money her son's sugar momma is blowing on both of them NOW. She is going to support the fake engagement and pray that if the marriage goes thru that he will get a big payout when things end. I believe his parents are not giving a thought to his uneducated, no real job experience in the future. He IS an adult. What really can they do? He is obviously self absorbed, stubborn, manipulative, selfish and unattractive. This pairing with his twin is probably more than they ever hoped for for him. They feel that he has landed in a gold mine and probably fell for Fanny's lies, and love bombing too. A lot of stupid, gullible people fall for women like Fanny. Sadly.
Was it not his mother who was a fan of chateau diaries and Despicable fanny? And was it not his mother who encouraged, nay insisted, that he volunteer at liarsworld? Has this all been constructed and instigated by Thrush's mother? I wonder if all that is the case what she thought the end game would be!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Was it not his mother who was a fan of chateau diaries and Despicable fanny? And was it not his mother who encouraged, nay insisted, that he volunteer at liarsworld? Has this all been constructed and instigated by Thrush's mother? I wonder if all that is the case what she thought the end game would be!
I believe it was initially, but I’ve always thought it was to get him out from under their feet. Imagine him drifting in and out of your house, stopping by to get his washing done, eating you out of house & home (allergies all catered for obviously) like the stroppy teenager he probably was.
I also think the reverse of you @C’est moi. I think after the initial shock of the ‘romance’ and after meeting Fanny, they realised the horror show unfolding. I think they keep visits to a minimum and off camera because they’re not comfortable being associated with Fanny and only comply to keep a check on Snorts. Quite what they make of the non stop shopping, holidays etc is anyone’s guess, but assuming they have an ounce of sense, they are hoping that it’ll all end sooner rather than later, but there’s nothing they can realistically do about it, and are hoping the ‘romance’ will run its course.
In a nutshell, what Parent would want Fanny anywhere near their Son, age gap aside.

• Heart
His parents have to be wondering what their gay son is up to and be concerned that he is taking advantage of her & being “kept”. They would know the relationship has an expiry date and be very worried what he will be left with at the end - nothing but stacks of dishes. Just imagine how stupid they must think she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
His parents have to be wondering what their gay son is up to and be concerned that he is taking advantage of her & being “kept”. They would know the relationship has an expiry date and be very worried what he will be left with at the end - nothing but stacks of dishes. Just imagine how stupid they must think she is.
Don't know but he clearly do not have the parents I have. My Dad wanted to know everything(still do) with any of my boyfriends and my husband. Even, ancestry and such ..."just to get a clear picture" he would say lol And he would sit down with them and ask questions. They always thought they sat at a police investigation table lol

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Don't know but he clearly do not have the parents I have. My Dad wanted to know everything(still do) with any of my boyfriends and my husband. Even, ancestry and such ..."just to get a clear picture" he would say lol And he would sit down with them and ask questions. They always thought they sat at a police investigation table lol
Sounds like y’alls version of my family’s “who are your people?” question.🫣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I believe it was initially, but I’ve always thought it was to get him out from under their feet. Imagine him drifting in and out of your house, stopping by to get his washing done, eating you out of house & home (allergies all catered for obviously) like the stroppy teenager he probably was.
I also think the reverse of you @C’est moi. I think after the initial shock of the ‘romance’ and after meeting Fanny, they realised the horror show unfolding. I think they keep visits to a minimum and off camera because they’re not comfortable being associated with Fanny and only comply to keep a check on Snorts. Quite what they make of the non stop shopping, holidays etc is anyone’s guess, but assuming they have an ounce of sense, they are hoping that it’ll all end sooner rather than later, but there’s nothing they can realistically do about it, and are hoping the ‘romance’ will run its course.
In a nutshell, what Parent would want Fanny anywhere near their Son, age gap aside.
I wonder what they think of the insane looking hair system. It must be jarring in real life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.