The Chateau Diaries #304 Grifting from grannies is not an honest living!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there a novel or a movie about an older woman and an ambisextrous younger man hustling rich old Americans in Europe?
Henry James, perhaps, or his buddy Edith Wharton? The Talented Mr. Ripley but with a cougar?
I think Kamal or whatever his name is is on to them. Even if Tobacco John is not.

Reactions: 29
I am sorry there are no easy solutions-but you shouldn't sacrifice your own well being because it will not alter anything. I wish I had some nuggets of wisdom but I think of you often and I hope you can get some respite and a bit of peace. xxxxxxx

Reactions: 27
All rise for the honourable Saint Brenda of Donegal. For she has now spoken.

Reactions: 45
@charmainejfritz
14 minutes ago
why do the wonderful grant and his daughter have to eat dinner in the kitchen alone -?? i am not happy about this!! this is just not right!

@annettecurtain5052
16 minutes ago
Don’t bother with suggestions about the storage, they don’t read the comments

@beiderbecke1927
1 hour ago
The paneling and books will be ruined in those containers, it's a nightmare waiting to happen. Please find another solution.

sorcha259
1 minute ago
Why a storage container? The chateau is massive .. sorry don’t get it

Reactions: 32
Glad I caught the last comment in my previous post above. It was in the cd comments section for less than a minute and was deleted by the gruesome twosome, They are in major manipulation and damage control mode today.

For all the trouble Marie went to for those potato blocks, she should have made Dauphinoise Potatoes, would have been much nicer with the duck. That was a glorified hash brown.

Reactions: 24
sorcha259
19 seconds ago
Are attics not for storage? Why move to one of those damp storage containers…stuff and more stuff oh dear

@RestorationDream
1 minute ago
After all of the lovely chapel restoration work, I am worried that the chapel will quickly decay without a proper air system installed. Do you have that already planned?

@johngraham8794
42 minutes ago
@carenvisser607 He never seems to be about when there is any hard work being done.. I don't think setting tables can be regarded as hard work...

@corinnecoffrini8024
4 hours ago
@rosewright4605 no, the porcelain won't be fine. It will craze in the heat

@nicolethijs5428
3 hours ago
Was thinking exactly the same. Books and expensive panneling should not be stored in containers outside especially since there is no time frame when the library and other rooms will be ready!

@RestorationDream
15 minutes ago
And tell Phillip to lay off the shopping habit, too.

Reactions: 32
Proof that all of these whackos aren't just American little old ladies!

Reactions: 25
Agree - and dof pee doesn't look like that when stained

Reactions: 14
Goodness me, what a kerfuffle! Naming and shaming members for voicing their opinion.... ! Speechless.
The old bitch does it on the regular. It's her way or the highway.

and while we're on the subject of old bitches

Come on Steffie, fess up, you're moving on up and moving on out as your hovel is on the brink of collapse.
With a bit of luck so will your youtube channel and your patrons will ask for a refund.

I recon it's because people are cancelling... seems every week she's saying "a room has become available due to a cancellation"..

Reactions: 28
Having spent 3 decades in beautiful 0z, my opinion is that Grahnt would rather stick a fork in his eye than endure those guest dinners and the pretentious, blathering conversations. His daughter would also prefer to indulge in social media than that claptrap with minuscule portions, served at 9 pm. For content, poor old FanFan would have a dilemma : " i should include Grant for life and humour but he would then be scoffing down 75 euros of michelin type cuisine ". ohhh dear.

Reactions: 30
I think Marie left her cookery school course full of ideas and enthusiasm but as we predicted ole Fan has imposed an unworkable price limit to enable Marie to really put into practice what she's learned. Heaven forbid Marie would get any praise or recognition and the guest at the latest dinner making a point to thank Marie would have pissed Fanny right off as noone must upstage her.

She's trying to make the best of a bad job with limited funds but equally seems to accept being down trodden and being at the old cow's beck and call and be acceptable of ridicule. If she's not careful the meals will begin to resemble the joke dinners MariA dished up.

A truely toxic environment.

Reactions: 34
I am enjoying seeing this big screwup by Stephanie. She believes she is invincible. People are pissed off by her Laziness, entitlement, nonstop shopping, and luxury travels, lies,etc.

Reactions: 31
@Pekey and @Gertrude Maud, as well as anyone else who watches Linda Vater........I can't keep remember who else watches her!

Since it's been raining all weekend, I've been spring cleaning, washing walls, moving furniture around, etc. I was in my family room today and decided to just let vlogs run without me choosing which ones to play so I could just have something to listen to while cleaning. A couple came up that I didn't like, so I deleted them and moved on to the next suggestion. Up came one of Linda Vater's from yesterday. Whoop-di-do! She was at a garden center and buying herself a Mother's Day gift. I let it run, but when I sat down to take a bit of a break and it was still running, she had moved to her kitchen.

What fresh hell is this? These glasses? I was enjoying a cold Diet Mountain Dew, and when I snort-laughed, it went right up my nose!

Reactions: 16
Hahahaha!! Just like Purnon!! OMG she’s got to be supremely jealous of them! This poster must be watching Purnon thinking it’s Lie Land

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.