The Chateau Diaries #302 Stay home and renovate the damn chito

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ if you are right it doesn’t say a lot about the standard of procedures from Harley Street clinics. Not a good advert at all. Maybe she had to go there for corrective procedures from previous back street bodges.

Reactions: 24
Three star is pushing it. Burned food at any price is unacceptable. Ditto supermarket sous vide duck.

Reactions: 23
Trying to conjure how Marie will scam the Patreons out of their meat portions at the three-day extravaganza.
Isabelle's tried and true way is to get deli-sliced ham and distribute 10 ounces of it between 12 entree plates of green salad. Let's call it Jambon a la Stone Soup.
Dana and Kim's method, as I recall from the Easter buffet a couple of years ago, was Quiches a la Fromage Supermarche, and plenty of them. One of the quiches appeared to be made with sheep shit. Served side by side with the quiches, egg salad. Just to make the point there was going to be absolutely No Meat For You -- except some merguez sausages and saucissons, not enough to serve the crowd. All to be eaten with bread gripped bare-handed and sliced one at a time by each passerby, so each succeeding slice had more cooties on it. Among the fuck-you salads, supermarket cucumber and eight portions of caramelized onions on bread for 32 people, a theme here, let's call it Tartines d'Oignons à la Miracle des Pains et des Poissons, so festive.
Stuart's method was a pre-masticated beige/grey summer buffet of supermarket meat and veg, grey meat stingily sliced and stingily pre-portioned, vast salads of root vegetables and starches -- lentils, corn, potato, cabbage, pasta, beets -- better suited to the ides of January. Call them Salade Trop Rustique a la Difficile à Mâcher. Also, a good trick, a cheese platter for 12 to serve 30. Call it Fromage Supermarche a la Chimera.

I am looking forward to Marie's Hall of Fame dishes. Boiled pork turds. Red cabbage cut into 1 1/2 inch squares for a salad. So perfect, so grey, so unmasticatable, for July. Welcome Patreons to Stephanie Jarvis' menu, specially confected to let you know exactly how little she thinks of you. Bon appetit!

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
An FRK meal just isn't an FRK meal without beige chicken in brown sauce. Patreons are coming for the LaLande Character Luncheon Experience after all! Marie mustn't disappoint them!

Reactions: 31
Fanny needs to hire caterers and tent- FULL STOP!! For 3 days?!? CheapAssB*tch!

Fanny will not know ‘ brown is NOT for town’ dress code for men but then again, man?
Snorts has in her past thought he looked cool in ripped jeans , his mothers jumper and a wig.
She has no idea and he even less.They are a pair of freaks.

An FRK meal just isn't an FRK meal without beige chicken in brown sauce. Patreons are coming for the LaLande Character Luncheon Experience after all! Marie mustn't disappoint them!
It fits right in with the circus atmosphere that is LieLande. Personally, I don't think the stupid patrons deserve anything better as they wouldn't appreciate a locally catered event anyway. You see how they dress, like they're going to a garage sale.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
Hmmmm, let's see......

Crisp, laundered shirt, pressed tailored suit that doesn't look as though it's spent the night on a park bench, facial hair clean and well groomed, absence of a brooch, bright eyed and bushy tailed , generally healthy appearance - definitely the squirrel wins.

Well I have news. Don’t tell me what to do is getting confident about her skills again.
Not only do they think they need a chef to buy a slice of ham, the goat cheese man’s pies and lettuce from the garden but she is on her yachties watch out madness again.

Attachments

Reactions: 25
Piers was humble bragging (again) and I could only see Marie... what is that? It does not look appetizing even though I love smoked salmon.. potatoes? Beets? Overkill? View attachment 2896696
[
Smoked salmon, beetroot and cream of horseradish is a thing! No potatoes - I think it’s sliced red and yellow beetroot, plus blobs of horseradish. It’s a rather good combo. (Quartered cooked beetroot covered with a mixture of crème fraîche and horseradish and then heated through in the oven is one of those things which might sound odd but is delicious. I am a huge fan of beetroot - beetroot slices, cheddar cheese and pickled red onion slices in really good granary bread make for a mighty fine sandwich!)

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.