The Chateau Diaries #301 The robo mop did more work in 5 minutes than Fanny has in 20 years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But that is because you use quality ingredients, have a much bigger menu selection, charge reasonable prices and pay your workers a living wage! ❤
And insurance went up to $16,000 a year gawd!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
So Davy is behind Dans Chateau plant scheme, minimal maintenance a major factor ! It looks a million times better than everything at CHMN already.
Cat playing the "coy helper" is nauseating.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
seems about right @billybudd.

For €13 a head with a drink each (you can have a soft drink, wine or beer), and an extra glass of wine, we’ve eaten the following here in Southern Spain today for €31 :

salad for 2 plus a basket of good local fresh bread
2 bowls of beef stew as starters (though the broth was thin enough to be classed as soup)
1 pork chop and 1 pollo muslo both with French fries
1 portion of ‘contessa’ (vienetta), 1 creme brûlée
Of the house (they have a choice of about 5 home made desserts every day)
2 cafe con leches

all this from from a choice of about 8 starters, 8 meat mains and 6 fish and about 8 desserts. Red, white, rose wine, beers, soft drinks and free bottles of water.

Now, whilst it’s not ‘cordon bleu’, it’s good honest grub and the place was packed with workers, families, all sorts of people who go to be fed well, and in our case, relax and enjoy.

I’d rather eat there any day than the Shitooo and put up with that bunch of weird misfits and syncopates and their faux fine dining. It’s laughable if it wasn’t so pathetic 🙄
In between sussing out the food and the cost of the food compared to the price, I had a little flash of being a Lalande guest forced to make dinner table convo with Pheeph. Can you imagine?

Do you actually go through Stephanie's desk drawers when she's not around? Non?
Have you filed keys, legal documents, blueprints, Youtube aliases, in a place where only you can find them? Non?
Are you actually making your spending money for all the shopping you do turning tricks on Grindr? Non?
Or has your hair tragedy and toupee cut you off entirely from that line of work? Non?
Are you going to get Lancelot registered, fixed, vaxxed, and his eye taken care of? Non?
Why does your accent change when Fanny leaves you alone with Marie and Sabine? Non?
I was looking at Countess Spencer's dinner table on Instagram. She doesn't use tablecloths and only white napkins and clear crystal. Do you think that's declasse? Non?
Please tell me the difference between Monet and Manet, are they two different guys? Non?
Give me your Emmaus "decanter", I'll pour my own, thank you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Yes, the crochet pineapple gave her away. She's on her way to being a bonafide granny super fan.
Now, now, don't be horrible! 😂 🥰
Crocheting is a great hobby, seriously! Beats "Tablescaping" any time! I'm sure Lance will love his lil' granny square outfit! :love:
And look at this: ain't it just cute?!

( from F*cebook)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Re: guidlellines/regulations . . . you have me confused with another Tattler.
Oh, sorry. Maybe it was @graciemckitten ? I had a bit of a day of it yesterday offending people (to do with my work). I was on such a roll with offending I probably didn't give this the attention it needed so apologies to all. However, I stand by the guidelines/regulations of Chambres d'hôtes - bedrooms and bathrooms are to be cleaned daily. Pound to a penny this never happens at the holiday from hygiene, lielande!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
DUMP B AND B POLICIES

Children

All ages welcome.

Pets
Pets are only welcome with our prior consent. Extra charge.

Check In & Check Out Times
Earliest check in is 4.00pm. Latest check in is 10.00pm. We kindly ask that you check out by 12.00pm.

We require a minimum stay of three nights to ensure you can fully immerse yourself in the Lalande experience and to allow us ample time to prepare the rooms thoroughly for our next guests

Filming at the property is not allowed.
Lalande Experience???? I would rather have my toenails removed without anesthetic 🤮

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Oh, sorry. Maybe it was @graciemckitten ? I had a bit of a day of it yesterday offending people (to do with my work). I was on such a roll with offending I probably didn't give this the attention it needed so apologies to all. However, I stand by the guidelines/regulations of Chambres d'hôtes - bedrooms and bathrooms are to be cleaned daily. Pound to a penny this never happens at the holiday from hygiene, lielande!
We always went in every morning, unless advised not to by the guest, made the bed, tidy and clean the bathroom and put out fresh cups and saucers/replenished minifridge etc etc.

Even when I was doing Gites, sometimes the clients would ask for a cleaning service.

It's like everything else there, too much like hard work.

I had one of those days last week, the bloke at the Bank copped it from me with both barrels, talking to me like I'm a silly little woman.
1713512784352.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Here are some coronation robes they found.

As intersting as the vlog may seem I don't think I could watch this bint. Her facial expressions in the click bait titles gives me the heebie-geebies. Close yer gob love, that's so not attractive.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
You are paaaarfect @ComtesseRose thank you. Also well done on the name and nom @Soloand Osokosi and @Nettle flower

Belated thanks also to @tuffiti for ensuring my swearing levels are kept replenished.

From the Gibbons page, this is why these fuckwits deserve it

Cindy Neer Mallinak
Top Contributor
My Husband and I will be there the LAST weekend of the season. SO EXCITED to finally meet all the people in person that we have come to think of as friends

View attachment 2883496

SHE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND!!!!!
Is anyone else hoping SJ and Poodle won't be there, after all it's the last weekend of the season, she will have graced her guests with her presence in the lead up to it, so maybe, just maybe she will sneak off for a little break. When does the season end? I'm just wondering if there are any places she needs to be?
---
I thought she always rushes back on the Friday for dinners? Marie seems burned out already.. she needs to back off on the obligations she's taken on.. the dog for a start... She'll be making dog food next!
I can't wait until the electricity bill comes in after all the food drying Marie has done.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Bless FRK's heart- she certainly did her best with what she had for the first guest dinner, having to clean up after breakfast and with the work going on in the kitchen. I would have made the following tweaks, based on what she had:

First course would have been crepe di asparagi (asparagus crepes)- since she had most of the ingredients already (asparagus, hollandaise, pancetta), she could have whipped the batter for the crepes up the night before and stored it in the refrigerator, and made the crepes a few hours before. No need for the aerator device that Fanny ordered the wrong cartridges for from Ali Baba Amazon...

Second course- a lovely salad of local in-season produce and a homemade dressing (like a vinaigrette made with local honey, fresh herbs, ginger, garlic and lemon). The salads could have been made individually in advance, as well as the dressing in a separate container, and stored on a tray in the refrigerator so everything is nice and chilled. Add the dressing right before serving.)

Third course- the pasta alone with a lovely browned butter/sage sauce. When one puts all of that work into making homemade pasta, IT should be the star! Served with grated pecorino (which she could have done in advance and put into little bowls with tiny spoons.)

Fourth course- the duck. Another food item that deserves to be its own star. Even if the portions are small (because by this point, there have been three courses already), it is about quality. Roasted, braised in wine, or even a honey-orange sauce, served with roasted spring vegetables from the garden and maybe a few baby potatoes or couscous.

The dessert- she really tried, but it fell short with the meringues. I agree with other Tattlers- whip of a few batches of homemade ice cream in advance, serve it with something lovely from the local patisserie (or even make a gateau) and serve it with fresh fruit and whipped cream. I also agree- for €75, she should have offered a cheese platter as well (a good time to form a collaboration with Guillaime to promote the local cheeses.) One of the things I do not see in the kitchen is an espresso maker- Fanny remarks that they all retire to the salon to have coffee, but is it just from a Keurig or instant? Show me the coffee maker!
Rexy you make an excellent point. Every suggestion would vastly improve Marie’s offerings. With the exception of the potential cheese plate the ingredients were already in house or out of Fanny’s near wasteland walled garden. It wouldn’t have cost any more than what Stephamememe Scrooge allowed either. With Fanny’s new obsession over Japanese portion sizes, multiple small courses would still be more than enough food, far more elegant and allow the poncing prince to use more of his ridiculous porcelain collection. Besides being miserly, I don’t think Stephanie has ever had a truly elegant five star dining experience to be able to see this. Between her greed and gluttony, she only dines in places that are mass marketed or aimed at tourists. She has blinders on when it comes to what it is to truly be a gracious hostess. The frustrating thing is doing so takes far less energy than the embarrassment Jarvis produces.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
This Hell Hound and her daughter are off for a 7 day break tomorrow.
I have my pain killers to take if my tummy plays up but it has settled down .

• Heart
Reactions: 36
This Hell Hound and her daughter are off for a 7 day break tomorrow.
I have my pain killers to take if my tummy plays up but it has settled down .
Have a lovely time Pekey, fingers crossed pain will not be needed. xxx

This old menopausal hag is going back to the UK for 4 days tomorrow. The Arkansas Chugabug (white van) is ready, so it's Spratt's on tour and we'll see how long it is before something pisses us off over there.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Have a lovely time Pekey, fingers crossed pain will not be needed. xxx

This old menopausal hag is going back to the UK for 4 days tomorrow. The Arkansas Chugabug (white van) is ready, so it's Spratt's on tour and we'll see how long it is before something pisses us off over there.
Bon Voyage and Safe Journeys, @Pekey and @JackSpratt! Can I come along? The cat has just been sick all over the livingroom, and my better half has succumbed to a bug and retired to his bed. :rolleyes: Tea, toast and sympathy will be needed en masse for both. :love:

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.