The Chateau Diaries #300 Stephanie Jarvis is trapped in her own living hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If there’s are swear box I’ll have to leave , these grifters get on my last nerve 😹😹😹 I think snorts is going to embrace the widows peak similar to Nick Cave but nowhere near as cool.

i know it will never happen but Franny should supply FKR kitchen uniforms, look online Amazon and Temu would have deals but if it’s not for Fanny then no one gets it. Plus I think Fanny is trying Japanese portion sizes on the guests 🫢🤗🤣
---

Im sorry I didn’t see your post about the japanese portion sizes 😉
The Chateau I worked in we all had polo shirts with the chateau name and logo embroidered on it. When the owner started the restaurant (I did a brief stint as waitress, not my thing at all) we all had to wear these shirts (ours were burgundy red) with black trousers. The owner who was also doing the cooking wore chef whites.

1713445098146.png

Christ she's only got to shell out for one set, she's a tight arsed witch but never scrimps for herself or her flunky.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I was struggling to find the words to discuss, @billybudd you articulated excellently.

€75 a head for 3 courses with wine is absolutely scandalous. And that's before one starts unpicking what they were actually served.

The entrée - granted asparagus is very expensive at the moment. And coming to the end of the season. I have seen producers charging between €10 and €15 a kilo locally. But that was not asparagus from producers. That was farmed asparagus from Spain bought in the supermarket. And why bother with the bed of rocket?

The plat - the duck was overcooked, probably on the chewy side. Just as well it was in small morsels. Anyone with falsies would have struggled. Again, supermarket sous vide purchased duck. Not from a butcher or local producer. I didn't mind the accompaniment of the ravioli but, what was in the ravioli?

Desert - the meringue nest was maybe a good call. But the dolop of syrup on top was hurried and panicked. Some fresh, sharp red berries (or were they under the dolop of syrup) to counteract the sweetness of the meringue.

The wine - NO! Just no. Box wine on tap in cheap glass carafe, they are not decanters. I would want, no expect, to see the label. I would want to know what my food is being paired with. I would like to know that, at €75 head, local producers are being supported.

I will give MarIE 6,5 for effort, realising that her hands are tied. And that this was her 1st guest dinner following her cookery course so the pressure, self imposed and from the hag-witch, would have been enormous. She certainly needs to sort out her hair and wear her chefs scrubs.

€75 a head for 3 courses, as provided, is outrageous. There is no aperitif, drink or nibbles. There is no appetizer or mise en bouche. There is no cheese. There is no coffee with Petit fours. The portion size I could accept IF there were the other courses I have suggested.

For €75 locally I could get a regional tasting menu of 5 or 6 courses with wine and coffee in a Michelin starred restaurant. And in a far more pleasing setting and without a screeching lunatic with man hands and her sidekick pouf.
This is the set Menu from the restaurant we went to the other weekend. Everything is locally sourced.

--- Menu à 26,50€ ---
Maquereau fumé, mogettes aux herbes, crèmeux carottes relevé au chipolte
Ou
Cannelonnis croustillants à la mousse de chèvre, betterave, pesto d’épinard

home_pizza2_table_icon1.png

Filet de bar poêlé, sauce crémée au macis
Ou
Suprême de poulet rôti aux baies de verveine, sauce brune à la fève de Tonka
home_pizza2_table_icon1.png

Millefeuille citron, miel et thym
Ou
Assiette de Fromages

The following two menus at 32.90 or 36.90 where you go a la carte.

A standard bottle of local Mareuil wine will set you back approx 26.00
www.fiefsvendeens.com

For 75.00, as my esteemed @C'est moi pointed out, you will be looking at something way more than what was dished up at the dump.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Regarding Fanny's outrageous room and dinner rates, and shockingly subpar accommodation, I would like to offer a comparison to Chateau Mareuil.

They are also British, on Chateau DIY and are only about 80kms from lielande although I'm not aware there has ever been any interaction between them (no surprise). The Chateau is genuinely historic and beautifully presented, has a pool (!) and they have amazing reviews on tripadvisor and booking.com etc. The hosts are lovely and the wife, Belinda, does all the food. She has credentials, not sure exactly what, and produces amazingly well put together generous menus using local and seasonal produce and the dinner rate for 4 courses with wine - and cheese - is 39 euros!! See below for a table setting that hasn't been Jackson Pollocked by a twit.

The accommodation rates are cheaper too and the rooms look beautifully done with no headache inducing clutter or clashing patterns to be seen.

I know where I would stay!!

ETA - no evidence of foil required to hold the candles straight either 😂😂. How do they do it?

View attachment 2882479
I love the dining chairs!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
This is the set Menu from the restaurant we went to the other weekend. Everything is locally sourced.

--- Menu à 26,50€ ---
Maquereau fumé, mogettes aux herbes, crèmeux carottes relevé au chipolte
Ou
Cannelonnis croustillants à la mousse de chèvre, betterave, pesto d’épinard

View attachment 2883110
Filet de bar poêlé, sauce crémée au macis
Ou
Suprême de poulet rôti aux baies de verveine, sauce brune à la fève de Tonka
View attachment 2883111
Millefeuille citron, miel et thym
Ou
Assiette de Fromages

The following two menus at 32.90 or 36.90 where you go a la carte.

A standard bottle of local Mareuil wine will set you back approx 26.00
www.fiefsvendeens.com

For 75.00, as my esteemed @C'est moi pointed out, you will be looking at something way more than what was dished up at the dump.
Exactly MarIE and MarIA are not Chefs and they are not even seemingly au fait with French food. She is stiffing her patreons again at the private members club.

• Haha
  • Heart
highlyopinionated
16 hours ago
For goodness sake, listen to Marie and do away with the fabric spice "rack". It's not suitable for a working kitchen, repurpose it for something else. It's so unhygienic nevermind impractical
---
fast800journeylifebeyond5
1 day ago
Sorry to give my opinion on it but the flowers in the Wedgwood vase look mmmmmm terrible
---
@paris0551
1 day ago
Any body else noticed that Philip wanted a dog , and really doesn’t bother much with rat dog. Marie on the other hand …
---
pamelamyatt6665
1 day ago (edited)
Nooooo. Marie is right...the spice container is hideous. Sorry Stephanie
---
@margotgraciet5422
1 day ago
Plavina comes back ?
---
@colinrollo4005
1 day ago
Sorry but I'm not a lover of wall light lampshades
---
@carolinegooder7091
1 day ago
Day sofa in the Kitchen is Isabelle's. View attachment 2882885 Isabelle is 80 plus years old.
---
yolzzworld
1 day ago
Marie isn’t a professionally trained chef
---
@thuanydanielli5457
1 day ago
could you pleaaase paint the cupboards doors in the kitchen it bugs me in every video anyaway
---
@TheMollycat
1 day ago
Sounds iike those curtains are rotten
---
@mariac4602
1 day ago
I love you Stephanie, but let Marie to choose how to set up her kitchen. Don't be 'mummy'.
---
@mining4goldmeister420
1 day ago
You can tell when Marie wants to say how she really feels about something - what she really would like to have, or not have, in the kitchen or elsewhere but keeps her thoughts to herself. Self control!

So Gooder, you crazed witch, what the duck has the fact Izzy Wizzy is 80 got to do with the price of fish, the old cow isn't even there thank duck! If the chaise long belongs to the old codger then stuff the stinking piss stained thing in her apppartment and she can lounge on it to her hearts content.

It will got to utter rat tit once that piece of work arrives back at the shitoo as she's more of a tight wad that her stupid daughter, the guests would be lucky if they got bread and dripping if Izzy Wizzy was in charge of the kitchen.

If she comes back and gets on Maries case, I want front row sets for the fall out from that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
If I recall, Marie put out on her Instagram a plea for where she could get affordable chef coats in softer colors. I think she even had a picture of one that she showed.

At the time, we all looked at it as an e-begging opportunity. I guess no one has sent her any yet?
All she has to say is "you can't buy chef coats in France". Those daft ass fans will believe it😕 and she'll have a different chef coat sent to her for everyday of the month

• Haha
  • Sad
Poor Marie, her course only gave her enough to want to be a grand chef!! She should stick to very simple.

1. Salad or soup that could be made ahead.
2. Some roast! Pork, duck, chicken or beef, ready with a potato & veg!
3. Cheese course( thinking boss won’t pay)
4. And as @billybudd suggested some decadent liquor soaked cake like dessert!

Easy peasy lemon squeezy!!

If all failes Lemon chicken or Italian can be done with one’s eyes closed! Marie, do not go overboard with and fresh pasta!!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
For 75 euros I want a five course meal.

Course 1 – Charcuterie platter with an aperitif or pinot gris served in the living room or terrace depending on the weather
Course 2 – Brioche toasts with pea and ricotta paired with a Trimbach Riesling
Course 3 – Simple Goat Cheese Salad paired with a rosé from Provence
Course 4 – Steak and Ratatouille or duck confit with asparagus paired with a Cote du Rhone red
Course 5 – Chocolate Tart with Fresh Berries paired with a sparkling rosé - sounds lovely!

All wine would be opened at the table - absolutely no decanting as none of these wines require it. A brief description of the wine would be presented. Any French person worth their salt would know about the wines being served and happily share their information and enthusiasm.

I would also offer non-alcoholic drinks as well. Personally, I would rather have a cheese course than dessert but most people would probably expect dessert. This business of plopping down one white and one red wine of unknown origin is bogus and insulting!

I understand some of you may think this is too extravagant, but she's charging 75 euros and this is a chateau. If I was at a ordinary residence the meal may be simpler, but I doubt it. This is not a fancy menu. The wines chosen are not expensive especially in France and they can be bought at near wholesale prices by the case.

This would be a rotating meal served either every week or every other week with adaptations depending on availability of ingredients. I bet poor downtrodden Marie is going to try and come up with a different menu every meal which is a waste of energy and she will not perfect any dishes.

• Heart
  • Sad
I don't know how a bnb business can legally facilitate live in guests when some of the bedroom walls are not attached to the floors above, the ground floor room is held up with akrows to stabilise the structure, the terrace which Natti was trying to keep Peacock poop free but is crumbling away is a seating area for guests. Would any sane person book a holiday knowing that the building was unsafe? Maries meals are starting to resemble MariAs.. Maybe the instruction from Upstairs to downstairs is keep the diners guessing.
I can't begin to fathom the foolishness of all parties concerned. Can you imagine having an accident and trying to make any sort of insurance claim. Exhibit A m'lud ..... In this video you can see the proprietor clearly showing how the floors are falling away from the walls of the rooms offering no support. In earlier questioning you admitted to avidly watching all of said videos, did you not. ....... So why then silly sycophant, did you book accommodation in an establishment that you understood to be structurally unsafe! Case closed.......... No insurance money for you!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
She didn't have to get excited about them but a simple 'Thank you' would have sufficed.
To be fair on Marie, it was Fanny who said American cookbooks were confusing with their cup measurements. Those measuring cups are not Marie's, when she leaves, she will not be permitted to help herself to anything in the kitchen. They were a gift to Stephanie and HER home, all Marie saw was more useless stuff for the drawers she's already purged... That hug Marie gave the cups giver was the most awkward I've ever seen!

Reactions: 24
She didn't have to get excited about them but a simple 'Thank you' would have sufficed.
Yes, she could have made a cursory "those will come in handy" comment, our them away, or used them to portion out Ratso's breakfast. Simples.
---
With all the legal violations of taxes & health & safety, in France the biggest travesty must be serving boxed wine!
I laugh, but heck I'll drink Costco's boxed red any day of the week.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Knowing myself, I would have said something like, "My goodness! Why, I have never seen anything like them! How clever! I shall put them with the other pink flamingos." Snicker, snicker.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
All she has to say is "you can't buy chef coats in France". Those daft ass fans will believe it😕 and she'll have a different chef coat sent to her for everyday of the month
She needs to be careful what she begs for. Those grannies will whip out their sewing machines and send dozens of hideous aprons and chefs jackets.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Knowing myself, I would have said something like, "My goodness! Why, I have never seen anything like them? How clever! I shall put them with the other pink flamingos." Snicker, snicker.
I think Marie's over it, she's worked her ass off in that kitchen, and seems to work long hours breakfast to late night, doing the dishes too apparently. Fanny keeps disrespecting it all, bringing her taxes in to do?? Setting Amaury and the Ladyboy up to wire lights? Using it to cut hair?? Ordering the wrong stuff, too much stuff or not the stuff Marie puts in the Amazon basket/wish list. Fanny is a narcissist who will gaslight to eternity.. Marie is getting worn down. Can't believe I'm defending her! Twice now...

• Heart
Reactions: 27
They do not have an alcoholic drinks licence. So they're breaking the law in serving alcohol with the meal. They would have to have, by law, one of these plaques displayed.
View attachment 2882682
Yep. Here at the salon I work in, we could offer our clients wine, ( I thought a nice idea during the holidays...only one per client as they have to drive home, but was nixed by the salon owner who is cheap), BUT...if we made the clients PAY for a glass ( 75 euros for Fanny's meal including boxed wine), we would need a liquor license.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.