The Chateau Diaries #3 Escape to La La Land

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re. The gardener's cottage or Michael's dream shed.
Have you noticed how the two new beams they put upstairs to support the roof are themselves supported by, not the walls, but by the main new beam downstairs ?
I wouldn't trust this house of cards myself 😱

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Brenda says she is dauphine of lalande but then why is her name not being mentioned at the end of vlogs.. And what does that last comment of hers even mean? 👇
No more uncomfortable questions on facebbok, sales will be organized outside FB

Reactions: 6
Have you noticed how the two new beams they put upstairs to support the roof are themselves supported by, not the walls, but by the main new beam downstairs ?
Oh goodness , I know nothing about building but I thought that as well !! - I feel they should have got expert advice 😫

Reactions: 1
That’s what I thought! The support needs to come from the ground up! The main beam now needs to be supported itself with supporting beams below these new uprights as it is now bearing too much weight. If a French builder saw this he would hang his head in despair. Basics innit.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've just watched the latest cadeaux, a few other comments I could make, but most noticeably the contrast between the two filming styles from the 'problematic' flashbacks which were really really bad, and not just the sound, to the latest which are thankfully so much better. Perhaps this is a lesson learnt for SJ.
I still can't believe how dreadful he was at filming. Makes me wonder what his agenda really was and if his wife was happy about that.

• Heart
@SableOnBlonde To answer your question about the photo, I copied and pasted it into Google image search and came up with the Donegal tourist board website (which is where she obvs copied and pasted it from...)
No, no you missed something here: Donegal tourist board did make the pic out of her bedroom window😜

So much for travellers... When will we finally know for sure?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
That’s what I thought! The support needs to come from the ground up! The main beam now needs to be supported itself with supporting beams below these new uprights as it is now bearing too much weight. If a French builder saw this he would hang his head in despair. Basics innit.
I guess it all depends on the integrity of the stone walls then. Pa Petherick and Baldrick Sean patched them up so nothing to worry about . . . :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I guess it all depends on the integrity of the stone walls then. Pa Petherick and Baldrick Sean patched them up so nothing to worry about . . . :unsure:
Wait for when they'll put the plasterboard and insulation stuff under the roof (it was the reason why they had to reinforce the roof because the weight would have been to heavy) 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Wait for when they'll put the plasterboard and insulation stuff under the roof (it was the reason why they had to reinforce the roof because the weight would have been to heavy) 😂
And then it will be the cottage that fell down in time for Christmas, leading to a new call for funds:
buymeacoffee/chateau

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
There once was a cottage with oak beam,
Resting on unstable walls, it would seem.
The roof and first floor,
Upon such walls, to be sure,
Will topple during Michael’s live stream!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Stephanie's accent is getting worse, very unnatural but suits the 'all fur coats and no knickers' vibe. Much as I enjoy watching her vlogs there is absolutely no way I would financially support paying for her home whilst she waltzes off to a private members club.

5 Hertford Street, Mayfair, London

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Maybe it dawned on PP that he is just a substitute till she can go back to travel. I always said that her volunteers don’t seem to mix well with her actual group of friends. An ex-boyband and now.... yeah what exactly?.... just doesn’t cut it. He will be replaced and forgotten soon enough. This visit probably made him finally realise that. I am sure though we will be treated to either his own Instagram or YT and probably Patreon/Go fund me very quickly.
I have previously credited PP for the fact that he doesn't appear to be selling anything, unlike that soap woman who was there for about 2 days before she was trying to hog her soaps. or Tomaz. Well. He is definitely running SJ's instagram page (the sudden increase in posts, the tagging PP for taking every photo, the comments on his disgusting begs for attention). How do we think the rest of the household feels about that? Especially considering Marie has been trying to grow a business via instagram for about 4 months now and as far as I can tell SJ has never commented on anything? I think SJ needs to let the letch PP go.

The Calamity Ware thing, I think it was more removed than that, I think the mugs were sent as a gift from a fan (not Calamity Ware themselves) and now Calalmity Ware have reposted the clip of SJ opening the mugs in Gift Grab. So, as 'ads' go, not the most disingenuous.

• Wow
  • Heart
If I were LOTL I would certainly not feel any obligation to acknowledge a FB that I had absolutely nothing to do with..... more worryingly needy and "look at me" behaviour from the rabid superfans
I hope SJ is careful not to start commenting on Facebook, just another obligation extra. And extra expectations to meet

Though MP once mentioned some"heavy action" going on upstairs, not sure if he considered that🤣

There once was a cottage with oak beam,
Resting on unstable walls, it would seem.
The roof and first floor,
Upon such walls, to be sure,
Will topple during Michael’s live stream!
OMG, you are such a talent. Why don't you apply for minstrels at lalande?

We need to make a decision for the new title. Soon.
Jarvis in Jeopardy - Knockoff Knick Knacks and Pyramid Peril

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.