Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChocLili

We covered a lot of ground in the last thread (#2). Just some that I can remember:
  • we still think Stephanie is talented and interesting (we all seem to be 'fans')
  • who is Cat, really? We seem to like her too
  • the Trotter cottage rolls on (and will probably fall down)
  • the hapless Gwendoline, surrounded by grifters
  • an exploration of the 'superfan' Brenda (and Donna)
  • 'promotions' of all sorts orbiting Stephanie "The Lady of the Lake" TLOL
  • Dan, Anneleise and kids - we seem to like them too
  • Brenda's on, then off, Christmas workshops (lockdown bites)
  • Hanni - we're just confused
  • boy wonder, Phillip. What's going on there?
  • is SJ a hoarder?
  • mice! (and hedgehogs)
  • Lalande finances (well, we can speculate . . . )
  • wonderful limericks (renamed 'Donnegals')
  • the lake - is all as it seems?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33

PeacockQueen

As soon as gifts are opened before our eyes
Brenda's on the bandwagon to plagiarise
Profiteering with greedy intention
Milking her pseudo connection
Toile-gate could bring about her demise

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

NotAChatelaine

VIP Member
Quelle surprise. Said nobody. The latest Bodging It Using Money From Other People video contains - shock horror - terrible news.

An eagle-eyed observer (a chartered surveyor) e-mailed the Boy Trotter - and who knows how long the e-mail had been sitting in MP's inbox as he said he'd only just read it - to point out that there is a major problem with the "A-frame" holding up the roof. In fact, a really. really major problem. The horizontal beam within the "A" has been shortened at each end. It's more or less suspended. The roof would not take any further weight when installing insulation and plasterboard. Basically, a catastrophe waiting to happen.

Did those numbskulls really not notice?

Michael said he'd thought the dip in the roof was rather charming! However, he realises that it must be fixed. This is going to cost money. Money he does not have.

There follows a litany of misery about no funds left, the front of the Aga needing to be sent to England to be re-enamelled, probably needing more parts for the Aga, not being able to have the bespoke kitchen cabinets fitted and...I gave up cataloguing the financial trauma. And the chances of cooking Christmas lunch in the Aga are getting slimmer by the moment BECAUSE THERE'S NO MONEY.

At the end of this calamitous chapter in the Chronicle Of An Abused Cottage, Michael played the poor-me card. No subtle shaking of a virtual begging bowl. This was full-on, open soliciting of handouts. Not only is there Patreon, GoFundMe is "open" again (was it ever shut?) AND he's started a Buymeacupofcoffee (E5 a shot) page. All to finance a vanity project which is becoming akin to running a bath without putting the plug in.

His Patreon now stands at E4435 p.m., dropping away. GoFundMe has had an injection of support, now E19.775. Buymeaneffincupofcoffee (but make it tea, please), astonishingly, has garnered E1180. I cannot believe people - complete strangers - are putting money into this bottomless pit. So that Dim Wit can cook Christmas lunch. Madness.

Rant over. Except to say that to use their time productively/have something to show the audience, the Bodgers laid tiles on the kitchen floor (at least the tiles were free, removed from Pa and Ma Trotter's cottage). Another cockeyed decision to lay the floor when a lot of work is required on the roof and fitting the floorboards upstairs, etc. Cue heavy objects being dropped and smashed tiles.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

ChocLili

Three years ago, me, my brother Billy and our financial savior Gwendoline took on the mammoth task of restoring this rebuilt 19th (not 17th) century French “chateau”. At first it was just the three of us. But since then the whole family has moved in and they just won’t leave. And not forgetting my newest imaginary friend Peter the Rabbit. We bodge everything ourselves, from fixing the leaky roof, mowing the vast 60 acre estate with an overpriced mower, to restoring the gardener’s cottage back to a woodworm’s paradise. It’s pretty easy when others do the actual work, but that’s what makes life in a place like this expensive. My name’s Michael and I’m going to be showing you what it’s like to live, beg and play with chainsaws at Chateau Le Basmaigne.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

PeacockQueen

And next up from the Tattler Toile Atelier, one for the Ladies, amirite girls?

Picture yourself on these cold winter nights snuggling up to this cushion of joy jouy ;)

Don't miss out, these are sure to Tango off the shelves before you can say Paso Doble

Grab yourself your very own Waistcoat Dreamboat

Toile de Jouy? I say Toile du oui, oui oui!

toile.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

PeacockQueen

Here's the view from my bedroom window guys, nothing special as you can see.........bit bored of it really
1605582401928.png

• Haha
Reactions: 26

ChocLili

As soon as gifts are opened before our eyes
Brenda's on the bandwagon to plagiarise
Profiteering with greedy intention
Milking her pseudo connection
Toile-gate could bring about her demise
Thought I'd get on the bandwagon. Here's my toile, available for worldwide shipping.

Presentation1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Mand

Suffering - like all of us - with lockdown-itis and wandering YouTube-itis, I just went and watched a couple of last year's Advent vlogs.

Oh, I'd forgotten how real, spontaneous and utterly delightful they were. This vibe is what got me totally addicted to Chateau Diaries and Stephanie and her bonkers entourage at the chateau during our first enforced imprisonment this spring. Everything is so immediate, so honest. They are so endearing and so ingenuous, I suppose.

Interspersed with totally random (possibly prepared, but it never comes across as such) nuggets of fascinating historical detail. So interesting and to see her "teach" Michael about stuff is cute too.

Although I still love watching CD (I've kind of given up on MP) I do wish that some of that original magic could come back. Even the outdoor summer gift openings were still engaging compared to the staged weirdness they've turned into.

Bring back spontaneous vlogging! Bring back kooky laughs when something goes wrong! Bring back ambiance and Stephanie leading the dance instead of spending all her time cloistered away creating MGM Oscar winning films.

Who am I kidding...? I'll still watch it anyway. And come here to have a moan and a laugh with you all.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

ChocLili

Please consider supporting the following.

buymeachandelierformyloo.com

patreon.com/thecocktailcabinetisempty

gofundme.com/getarealbuilderforthecottage

firstaid.org/helppatrotterafterchainsawmishap

amnesty.org/savegwendoline

patreon.com/fortnumandmasonhamperfund

buymeanentirebrocante.com

gofundme.com/iseemtohavemisplacedalakehelpmefindit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

ChocLili

@Seeingitasitis Ok.....so I just did a little sleuthing. Phil and Angelina are full of shit when they talk about their "property company is Covent Garden"

Have a look their Companies House registration. And have look at their company accounts.

They have two companies -

1. Small World Events only made a profit of £90,000 in 2018.

2. Residential Rooms London is their "property company", in 2019 it reported £6000 in assets, no profit. Company is described as letting agents.

These two micro business are both registered at 71-75 Shelton Street, London, WC2H 9JQ, which is a registered office address- essentially a post box they pay to use. This is not an office. Here is the link to register at 71-75 Shelton Street if you fancy telling people you have a business in Covent Garden.

Judging by how small their businesses are, I not be surprised if Phil and Angelina did dealings under the table and don't declared all their income. They however lying at the very least misleading when they say they have a property company in Covent Garden.
Outstanding June’s Journey detective work @SableOnBlonde . Fair enough having a central business address when you don’t have an actual office but the “Oh, we are in Covent Garden” name dropping is a bit much.

ChocLili Enterprises
Buckingham Palace
Westminster London SW1A 1AA

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Calvignac

I'm really wondering about Stephanie living her life through a camera now. It's non stop.
I mean, really ? Do you really have to film absolutely everything happening in your life ?
This scene at the airport : huging each other, half crying, shouting Maman, je t'aime WHILE holding her camera and filming the whole scene ?
What was that ? I felt uncomfortable for them. I almost felt like a voyeur.
Has Stephanie completely lost the boundaries of her own privacy and own life ?
The worst for me was to see Isabelle playing this game too.
Really...!

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Jarmanesque

This is my first post, please be kind. I understand we can post our thoughts and opinions and here are mine.

1. SJ should stop the cadeaux videos. Someone stated that she's created a monster, and I agree. SJ's reactions sometimes seems disingenuous and I find it sad that people are sending expensive, heartfelt, and homemade gifts to a wealthy stranger. Stephanie is rich, her mother is rich, her mother's husband is rich, and her friends are rich. I find it interesting that she namechecks Marie Antoinette in her intro and in my opinion, she comes off a bit like her with her unbridled materialism and court of people to do her bidding and keep her amused. I especially see her that way as she's plowing through all the unwanted gifts.

2. SJ's vlog works because she's fabulous. She's both earthy and glamorous. The camera loves her; she's bright, talented, multi-faceted, and she's a PERFORMER. Sometimes her performing is over the top, but maybe it's not on purpose. She's an only child and the product of a privileged and over-indulged life.

3. Michael Petherick is fun and interesting in SJ's vlogs, but not so on his own. He'll do SJ's makeup & hair, dance, dress up, and show his feminine side when at LaLande. When at home, I think Michael plays down any behavior that might seem gay, possibly to appeal to his mostly middle-aged female fanbase. Except for the CK hat, he's very much acting the straight builder and how much fun are they? His family is dull and charmless and in their presence, he acts like them. The mother is dripping in bad vibes.

4. My opinion of the LaLanders changes very little. Mummy is an iron fist in a velvet glove. I'm glad the unfunny Tomaz is gone, and I have to skip all the segments with Gerry. I enjoy Cat, but I think she's not always naturally funny and performs a bit. Still, she is an appealing character and adds a lot. I find Phillipe creepy and suspect he has an agenda (to become a regular?). The lovely Marie Wilk seems sad, and I think Hatti is a lesbian with a crush on SJ (and who could blame her). Nati and Dana appear wonderful in every way. Selmar seems like a sweet soul and he's both talented and very resourceful. What little I've seen of Mason I find unlikable. I wish there was more of David, Michael Potts, and Oliver.

5. Someone else questioned SJ's purchases at the brocante, and I too wonder why, with her refined sensibilities, she doesn't see that tarted-up junk ultimately looks like tarted-up junk. Gold paint doesn't turn castoffs into heirlooms

• Haha
Reactions: 23

ChocLili

Ha! I outta there. I’m never going to get a straight answer. If it was all above board she could simply answer my first question. Just awaiting my discharge papers from the group. That was the most fun I’ve had all week!
Woo hoo! Take a bow @ChrissyNH . Absolutely brilliant work, albeit for no straight answer. You’ve exposed the Donegal Drifter however!

Let us know when you’re ejected from the FB group. We’ll be here to console you.

• Heart
  • Wow

Seeingitasitis

VIP Member
LOTL has a flat in London and Isabel has a house in the UK and one in SA. None of these people are poor. Well maybe Dan and Annalaise.
Yes. I understand that. However, my argument would be that Stephanie gives value for money. She works many hours each week creating her vlogs both for patreon members and for Youtube. She is entitled to earn a living from the Youtube vids. She is wealthy (her mother's wealth is irrelevant) and so are her co-owners - particularly Nik. So should she have a patreon account? Well, she had been doing the vlogs for over a year without one and the offers of help and gifts came from her subscribers. If they wish to contribute, even though their means are modest, why should this be criticised. Many people in the public eye receive gifts of huge value daily from admirers. No one says they should not receive them just because they are wealthy. She does not ask and she certainly does not beg. I have a feeling that this is just the start of a set of business opportunities that will take her into the realms of unimaginable wealth and in my view, it couldn't happen to a nicer person.

• Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
I think we all know a posh Christian name when we get it. None of them has one. Nic(holas) is middle class, Stephanie, Sherrie, Sadie, Michael, Billy(=William) all working class.
Think you need to let the Duke of Cambridge know this! :)

• Haha
  • Heart

ChocLili

There once was a Norwegian florist

Who foraged the Lalande forest

She put flowers in a jar

As we wondered from afar

Just what was she actually promised?

• Haha
  • Heart