The Chateau Diaries #3 Escape to La La Land

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her mother is Sadie Petherick. I checked out her Facebook page. All she seems to work at is perfecting her pout. She looks a waste of space and I actually feel sorry for Olivia. An earlier picture of Olivia as a younger girl shows her looking just as miserable. I think the other brother is disabled...
I had a look at Sadie P. Facebook.
Same life style as Michael when he was younger and partying. Both in love with their own image. Yes she seems to live in Paris. Working... not sure of that. I really feel sorry for Olivia.
The other brother is in the autistic spectrum.
Actually, I checked Sadie's name on Google France. She's registered as a company director at the tribunal de Laval in 2018. Her company's address is... chateau de Basmaignee ! Activities : Events organisation...
It sounds like a set up to trick the system IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think Michael is skating on thin ice in the popularity stakes where his attitude towards both Ryan and Billy is concerned. His tone of voice both being sharp and sarcastic certainly doesn't bode well with many of us. His subscription numbers are disproportionately high compared to his content...so not fair. I also subscribe to Peter and Anna ( who also know the P's) at Chateau la Croix Honnet and their work is tremendous as well as being lovely people. However, they are struggling to get their subscribers above 5000. They say themselves they don't know how they can increase their followers. They never ask for any support money wise, but I always watch the ads to help. So Michael P's 200K subscribers and now his poor attitude is so galling.. 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I find it kind of suspect that Ryan has such a strong cockney accent (not a criticism of the accent) if he's lived in France from the age of 5 and did all his schooling there? I know English is his first language and he obviously uses it around family...but I have friends who grew up abroad with British parents and their English accents are more neutral.

I don't know enough about linguistics though to say if it's unusual to retain an accent if you move abroad as a young child.
I have friends that have live / work in France , they have a daughter born in France and she has a lancashire / french accent ! :D

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think Michael is skating on thin ice in the popularity stakes where his attitude towards both Ryan and Billy is concerned. His tone of voice both being sharp and sarcastic certainly doesn't bode well with many of us. His subscription numbers are disproportionately high compared to his content...so not fair. I also subscribe to Peter and Anna ( who also know the P's) at Chateau la Croix Honnet and their work is tremendous as well as being lovely people. However, they are struggling to get their subscribers above 5000. They say themselves they don't know how they can increase their followers. They never ask for any support money wise, but I always watch the ads to help. So Michael P's 200K subscribers and now his poor attitude is so galling.. 🤔

I just checked his go fund me page, he's already reached his limit and still going over. Makes me wonder if he's bought a lot of subscribers? His content is lacking as of late. He might as well kiss his Christmas aga saga goodbye at this rate.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
I never make rushed judgement :sneaky:about people’s socio-economical backgrounds based on their houses and furniture… :ROFLMAO: at all.

Nouveau riche buy bling. Think of Stephanie’s curtains with swags, bows, fringes, pelmets, gold threads… that are totally out of place in a rural country house. Buckingham Palace stuff really. And Billy’s latest purchase: “in your face” monstrosity of a bed. It all screams modest backgrounds trying to impress.

I’ve started also to question Nic’s background and his proposed inherited wealth. Absolute rule of thumb in the upper class is that you cannot have anything in the house pretending to be something else. If you want lino in the bathroom floor, that’s fine, but you don’t have lino with a tile pattern on it. That’s middle class.

Absence of books=working class. Inspirational books (of interior design) =middle class.

I think we all know a posh Christian name when we get it. None of them has one. Nic(holas) is middle class, Stephanie, Sherrie, Sadie, Michael, Billy(=William) all working class.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
A quick glance shows Michael's viewing figures are pretty steady, averaging 90k or so, and he attracts mainly positive comments. It is completely baffling.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I think we all know a posh Christian name when we get it. None of them has one. Nic(holas) is middle class, Stephanie, Sherrie, Sadie, Michael, Billy(=William) all working class.
Think you need to let the Duke of Cambridge know this! :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Back to the Petherick's latest vlog... Anyone else feel that little Ernest should not be used on the vlogs ( after 10 seconds was totally boring) ,as a way to get more subscribers..makes me feel very uncomfortable. The same as putting the lovely Antoine on CDS Cadeaux unwrapped.
There is a way to find out if MP bought subscribers but I wouldn't know how. Maybe some of you detectives want to figure it out?

• Heart
So if he stays there permanently , what was his reason for saying he had a legal and valid reason for being there ?
Maybe he is not registered there? Also he might not tel his audience the truth. I guess he has some kind of agreement that he can stay and help out. Maybe he pays some kind of rent.

Fair play, Suzigoggs. I had no idea she was so young. But why do they include her in the vlogs? Easy enough to edit her out.
Probably won't happen again. Just to show that there is a whole family living there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Wonder if the other brother lives there too? I think his name is Justin.

Reactions: 1
& those beautiful children in the gardeners vlogs!

Re someone’s post about his uncle yesterday being a Thai boxing champion? Does anyone know his last name ? I tried to google him yesterday but can’t find anything, his fish farm details are mystery too & why Ryan lives with them & Billy? So many mysteries ?

Found this on Facebook, there’s more too. Billy could do some vlogs on horses. Would be far more interesting to watch 👍
Wow, interesting

You are quite marvellous 😁. Could you fill me in on Renee & wife, who are they? The artists who hung huge photographs from trees and windows? I cannot remember who, but someone mentioned that Ryan will probably inherit his uncle Lees mansion...why? Uncle Lee has children and a youngish wife... I agree that the tide has turned against young Trotter. That could end badly, he has admitted to having had mental health problems. He has big dreams and some artistic talent, but without hard work and wise moves, that does not lead you anywhere. He has previously wasted opportunities with letting Angel getting the credit for his artistic work, and now he is about to waste a great opportunity for fame and income by not riding the wave of good fortune that came with the Youtube algorithm. His followers will decrease, and then he will be left with the mad ones who think he owes them something...what a fate. The cottage is not even his own. His brother has a Chateau and an income...I wonder what Michael will have in the end. There is just no way that he will be able to have a palazzo adventure with Stephanie in Venice, if that happens I shall eat my hat. I hope he gets through this without too much damage, but it is looking a bit scary to me. I think he is feeling the pressure. I hope I am wrong, I wish him well.
But I am sure she will find a way to have her palazzo!

Sorry , but very uncomfortable talking about an 11year old . Don’t think that’s fair on her. She was probably shy or embarrassed .
True, she is just a moody teenager like we all used to be

I remember MP saying that he lives at the chateau

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I never make rushed judgement :sneaky:about people’s socio-economical backgrounds based on their houses and furniture… :ROFLMAO: at all.

Nouveau riche buy bling. Think of Stephanie’s curtains with swags, bows, fringes, pelmets, gold threads… that are totally out of place in a rural country house. Buckingham Palace stuff really. And Billy’s latest purchase: “in your face” monstrosity of a bed. It all screams modest backgrounds trying to impress.

I’ve started also to question Nic’s background and his proposed inherited wealth. Absolute rule of thumb in the upper class is that you cannot have anything in the house pretending to be something else. If you want lino in the bathroom floor, that’s fine, but you don’t have lino with a tile pattern on it. That’s middle class.

Absence of books=working class. Inspirational books (of interior design) =middle class.

Please enlighten me with a posh Christian name .... ???? The Royal family are upper class and have names such as Michael, Phillip, William, Louise, Anne, Elizabeth etc

Now there is a surprise...not. I am sorry, but is it not obvious that at least Sherrie is of travelling stock? :unsure: If not, they do a good job of cultural appropriation, the whole family!
They are Irish but not necessarily Travellers. They seem very typically Irish to me but not at all of a typical Traveller culture . Mick Petherick, Sean and Lee Miller seem very typically working class English.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
He does. He has a disability that needs support from his family. Michael sold something, a phone?, to help buy him a piece of equipment to support his needs. It may have been a communication device, I can't remember exactly what he said to Stephanie in one of the vlogs. I thought Michael said his brother had cerebral palsy.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
He does. He has a disability that needs support from his family. Michael sold something, a phone?, to help buy him a piece of equipment to support his needs. It may have been a communication device, I can't remember exactly what he said to Stephanie in one of the vlogs. I thought Michael said his brother had cerebral palsy.
I think he sold a teapot to buy him a phone- it surprised me as I can't imagine that the family were hard up that Boy Trotter had to sell his teapot to fund that, given that MP like to spoil himself with life's little luxuries and Pa had his own business.

Reactions: 10
@Jeeves That was it, teapot to phone. Do you remember if he said anything about cerebral palsy? I may have that muddled up with something / someone else and I do apologise if I have.
Maybe Michael bought it as a present for his brother and the only way he could fund it was to sell an asset. Crockery rich but cash poor :)

Suffering - like all of us - with lockdown-itis and wandering YouTube-itis, I just went and watched a couple of last year's Advent vlogs.

Oh, I'd forgotten how real, spontaneous and utterly delightful they were. This vibe is what got me totally addicted to Chateau Diaries and Stephanie and her bonkers entourage at the chateau during our first enforced imprisonment this spring. Everything is so immediate, so honest. They are so endearing and so ingenuous, I suppose.

Interspersed with totally random (possibly prepared, but it never comes across as such) nuggets of fascinating historical detail. So interesting and to see her "teach" Michael about stuff is cute too.

Although I still love watching CD (I've kind of given up on MP) I do wish that some of that original magic could come back. Even the outdoor summer gift openings were still engaging compared to the staged weirdness they've turned into.

Bring back spontaneous vlogging! Bring back kooky laughs when something goes wrong! Bring back ambiance and Stephanie leading the dance instead of spending all her time cloistered away creating MGM Oscar winning films.

Who am I kidding...? I'll still watch it anyway. And come here to have a moan and a laugh with you all.
Perfect summary of situation!I feel sad about the end of the frison between SJ n MP,you have to look back to remember now.

Really enjoyed tonights vlog. I can't see a lot of difference between one like this and the earlier ones. It was nice to see people just naturally coming and going through the kitchen, even if Marie wasn't best pleased. And, thank the lord, largely Philip free.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.