The Chateau Diaries #3 Escape to La La Land

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really enjoyed tonights vlog. I can't see a lot of difference between one like this and the earlier ones. It was nice to see people just naturally coming and going through the kitchen, even if Marie wasn't best pleased. And, thank the lord, largely Philip free.
Though I don't care for cooking recipes at all. But she really has some good friends coming during covid all the way to visit her

Reactions: 3
Please enlighten me with a posh Christian name .... ???? The Royal family are upper class and have names such as Michael, Phillip, William, Louise, Anne, Elizabeth etc
Peregrine, Sebastian, Francis, Arthur, Albert, David, Rupert, Arabella, Louise, Matilda, Daphne, Violet, Tamara... you recognize it when you hear it.If you meet a 40-year old Anoushka, you can be pretty sure she's toff 😂
Philip is Greek, that's a proper name there. Michael "Misha" has a Russian mother. Don't know where William comes from, maybe it was his mothers idea? These names don't apply to the colonies, upper classes there like different names, just UK.

Reactions: 1
& those beautiful children in the gardeners vlogs!

Re someone’s post about his uncle yesterday being a Thai boxing champion? Does anyone know his last name ? I tried to google him yesterday but can’t find anything, his fish farm details are mystery too & why Ryan lives with them & Billy? So many mysteries ?

Found this on Facebook, there’s more too. Billy could do some vlogs on horses. Would be far more interesting to watch 👍
Definatly gypsy Billy on his gypsy horse!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
@Sol as Philip would say 'me too, I so agree', the latest CD didn't disappoint, Georgian recipes - who knew? Stephanie of course had been to Tbilisi ..it's this unexpected, quirky content that appeals - compare this to poor Angelina's latest clip of her alone in kitchen making rhubarb crumble continually squealing "I'm so excited". Wonder if (prince)Philip reads our Tattle, he's certainly not smarming at the mo' just a shake of the bobble hat. But don't remember any frisson between SJ & him tho, God forbid. Cat Is good at deflating egos & was half expecting her to have a giggle at the long explanation of the name of the dumpling.
Wonder what Is behind the eclipse of the BG patreon shout out at the end? Us taking her name in vain? Or what

• Haha
Reactions: 7
More products from the unauthorised (?) Donegal Lalande carnival prizes factory! Give me strength . . .

178C20F0-CDBA-4C4B-ADE9-5E91819334F0.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
More products from the unauthorised (?) Donegal Lalande carnival prizes factory! Give me strength . . .
"Roll up Roll up, all day craic and tat, three for a £1, buy ten and get a flat cap thrown in."

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Is SJ taking some notes from us? We've been complaining that she's not participating enough in chateau activities and now we get a fun cooking vlog with Cat filming! It makes sense as Cat seems camera shy, but it's great to see SJ on camera more.

If Brenda is going to start selling Lalande merchandise, SJ should really step in and nip it in the bud. She shouldn't dilute her brand with cheap knockoffs from fans with no design skills. Honestly, if SJ came out of some well-made merchandise, like blue and white porcelain mugs with some kind of Lalande design, she could really make a fortune through her fanbase.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Dear Lord, this is going to catch up with her eventually. I'm wondering if Stephanie is trying to distance herself by not reading out her name anymore?
She now has two vacancies on her top tier patreon so it would appear that dear old BG has left the building

• Wow
Reactions: 11

View attachment 311963
The bottom photo looks like a calendar that could be knocked up in Microsoft word in 5 minutes. She's credited Michael Potts for the photo (and presumably 11 others) but has she got his permission to use them?

Reactions: 8
The bottom photo looks like a calendar that could be knocked up in Microsoft word in 5 minutes. She's credited Michael Potts for the photo (and presumably 11 others) but has she got his permission to use them?
All good questions. If my Facebook profile was not my real name I’d ask Dear Brenda myself. Is it worth setting up a ‘disposable’ profile and prodding the Donegal stall holder, or do I just wade in and risk being thrown out of the fan group? For my own sanity probably the latter.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
All good questions. If my Facebook profile was not my real name I’d ask Dear Brenda myself. Is it worth setting up a ‘disposable’ profile and prodding the Donegal stall holder, or do I just wade in and risk being thrown out of the fan group? For my own sanity probably the latter.
Don't say anything, we need you to stay in her group as a mole 😀
Steph should definitely check from a lawyer if she can put an end to this. Merc is based on her vlog and that's her intellectual property, but there's probably nothing she can do.

If MPotts has given permission to use his photos I'm a bit confused. Why wouldn't he personally make a calendar? There's so many free aps for it. Steph could sell them. Why he needs BG?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Just watched the latest Doing it Ourselves (Saving the Roof Structure). Credit where credit is due (I have been overly harsh on the Trotters of late), some good things achieved in this vlog. Roof ridge tiles installed (look good and correct use of the cherry-picker/boom lift!), the roof well supported and the floor tiles grouted in a ‘traditional’ manner. MP mucking in and getting his overalls properly dirty, not too many annoying bits (even when Ryan turned up!). Still some non-protective equipment chainsaw use by Sean (but hey, only a small saw this time . . .). Also ‘thank-you’ for the donations rather than ‘please may I have some more?’ And a well put together video. See what you can do MP? A bit aspirational at the end though (kitchen by Christmas - I’ll believe when I see), but pretty good I thought.

Still, I thought I’d share my latest take on who the Pethericks remind me of . . .

6362F069-6660-4E8B-9491-7AB05B61C2AA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Don't say anything, we need you to stay in her group as a mole 😀
Steph should definitely check from a lawyer if she can put an end to this. Merc is based on her vlog and that's her intellectual property, but there's probably nothing she can do.

If MPotts has given permission to use his photos I'm a bit confused. Why wouldn't he personally make a calendar? There's so many free aps for it. Steph could sell them. Why he needs BG?
For over a year people have been asking for calendars, notecards (both a natural fit with MPotts), cookbooks, cookbooks and more cookbooks and LOTL has been mute. So good on BG for being industrious and making LOTL finally realize she needs to do something.

Reactions: 4
@Sol as Philip would say 'me too, I so agree', the latest CD didn't disappoint, Georgian recipes - who knew? Stephanie of course had been to Tbilisi ..it's this unexpected, quirky content that appeals - compare this to poor Angelina's latest clip of her alone in kitchen making rhubarb crumble continually squealing "I'm so excited". Wonder if (prince)Philip reads our Tattle, he's certainly not smarming at the mo' just a shake of the bobble hat. But don't remember any frisson between SJ & him tho, God forbid. Cat Is good at deflating egos & was half expecting her to have a giggle at the long explanation of the name of the dumpling.
Wonder what Is behind the eclipse of the BG patreon shout out at the end? Us taking her name in vain? Or what
She can't handle her fame anymore

Reactions: 3
She now has two vacancies on her top tier patreon so it would appear that dear old BG has left the building
TBH I rush at the end of each vlog to shut of those double timed credits so never knew how the whole ‘Patronage’ worked (It all seems so ridiculously juvenile, so just glossed over). BG is most definitely off the list now (yes, I ‘researched’) but who is the 2nd vacancy about? Why I now care is even more astounding but I blame my newfound curiosity on being locked away...

Who has started the sleuthing about Cransford Hall ? Now I can't stop 😂
Anyway I found that their Care Home was still in business in 2007.
Her dad passed away in 2009.
How do we know that the Jarvis sold their Nursing Home before 2009 ?
In the ads, the real estate agency speaks of 18 bedrooms with each an en-suite which is what they did for their residents. When they bought it, it was a boarding school for girls which closed down in 1979.
How can we know that there were any other owners than them between 2009 and 2012 (year of the sale for 2.75 million) ?
Mystery mystery 😂
The mystery reminds me of the nursing home subplot in the movie Say Anything...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

View attachment 311963
Wow Brenda has really outdone herself with whatever the duck these are supposed to be. A Spode inspired plate design (in a frame!)!? A calendar of appropriated Michael Potts photos?! To hell with EU intellectual property laws.
Are we sure Brenda isn’t taking the piss? She does read here.

@ChocLili At first sight I actually thought these your beautiful creations. Watch out Brenda might start hawking your gorgeous, commemorative tea towels.

Honestly though, I respect that Stephanie isn’t interested in selling La Lande themed tat, even if the super fans would pay top dollar for it.

Also respect that she doesn’t do sponsored ads.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.