The Chateau Diaries #3 Escape to La La Land

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The sale price of the Jarvis old home in 2012 was after the later owners had completely renovated etc if you look at the details, so that's not what money Stephanie's parents got for it.
Had a look at the comments on Ryan's blog and Ma Trotter is policing them as well! Apparently she and Ryan's mum are best friends.
What are the lies Ryan is supposed to have told?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Another peculiar thing is seeing Uncle Lee the Chatelain (?) - he seems so misplaced there, I mean he doesn't show much interest in what must have been his parents' very attractive mansion. Interestingly too, he was World Thai boxing champion at some stage.
Wow ! Uncle lee was a boxer? I think he’s hilarious, not sure about Ryan though 👀

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else not find Ryan totally creepy? Nothing adds up.
It’s pretty obvious everything he says is a lie. And he’s too stupid to realize everyone can see he’s lying.

Why do these chateaus attract slimy grifters? We’ve exposed and sussed out the Trotters, Phil and Angelina, Ryan and the Renee and her wife. All scammers on some level. (Don’t think Hanni is a grifter, but a Walter Mitty type character)
You are quite marvellous 😁. Could you fill me in on Renee & wife, who are they? The artists who hung huge photographs from trees and windows? I cannot remember who, but someone mentioned that Ryan will probably inherit his uncle Lees mansion...why? Uncle Lee has children and a youngish wife... I agree that the tide has turned against young Trotter. That could end badly, he has admitted to having had mental health problems. He has big dreams and some artistic talent, but without hard work and wise moves, that does not lead you anywhere. He has previously wasted opportunities with letting Angel getting the credit for his artistic work, and now he is about to waste a great opportunity for fame and income by not riding the wave of good fortune that came with the Youtube algorithm. His followers will decrease, and then he will be left with the mad ones who think he owes them something...what a fate. The cottage is not even his own. His brother has a Chateau and an income...I wonder what Michael will have in the end. There is just no way that he will be able to have a palazzo adventure with Stephanie in Venice, if that happens I shall eat my hat. I hope he gets through this without too much damage, but it is looking a bit scary to me. I think he is feeling the pressure. I hope I am wrong, I wish him well.

Reactions: 18
Suffering - like all of us - with lockdown-itis and wandering YouTube-itis, I just went and watched a couple of last year's Advent vlogs.

Oh, I'd forgotten how real, spontaneous and utterly delightful they were. This vibe is what got me totally addicted to Chateau Diaries and Stephanie and her bonkers entourage at the chateau during our first enforced imprisonment this spring. Everything is so immediate, so honest. They are so endearing and so ingenuous, I suppose.

Interspersed with totally random (possibly prepared, but it never comes across as such) nuggets of fascinating historical detail. So interesting and to see her "teach" Michael about stuff is cute too.

Although I still love watching CD (I've kind of given up on MP) I do wish that some of that original magic could come back. Even the outdoor summer gift openings were still engaging compared to the staged weirdness they've turned into.

Bring back spontaneous vlogging! Bring back kooky laughs when something goes wrong! Bring back ambiance and Stephanie leading the dance instead of spending all her time cloistered away creating MGM Oscar winning films.

Who am I kidding...? I'll still watch it anyway. And come here to have a moan and a laugh with you all.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
@soll I barely bother to watch Ryan’s channel, but from the little I’ve seen, I know this -

Ryan claims he is a freelance web designer. Evidence: 0
He has no digital footprint, no LinkedIn, no website....nothing.

Ryan claims he grew up and went to school in France. Evidence: 0
As @Calvignac has pointed out, his French is shockingly poor. And he is bizarrely unaware of everyday French things, like raclette.

@Heathcliffe Thanks, we discussed the nude photographers starting at post 339 in Double Bubble, Toile and Trouble, goes on for a couple pages

Credit for detective work goes to @overthinkingit

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Life of Ryan. Hmmmmm.

There’s something ironic about Ryan’s ‘grifter’ behaviour, basically seemingly just turning up to Trotter Castle, camera in hand, sponging content from the Trotter grifters. Michael’s face when Ryan appeared before him en route to the cottage disaster (again) was priceless - “Here again huh?” - before shooing Ryan away. Then following Billy, like a puppy, to ‘help’ with the vitally important job of making the ground under the trees “look nice from the window”, destroying the badger/rabbit/jabberwocky/whatever burrows, tree roots and the general landscape even more so the ‘expensive’ mower wont faulter. Ryan’s contribution? Move a few branches. And again, chainsaw action (“did I point out that this is the biggest chainsaw available?”) with no safety gear whatsoever! Billy even remarked “I’ve wrecked my hearing now”. Runs in the family I guess. Perhaps the hapless Gwendoline just needs ride out the carnage . . . And don’t get me started on Ryan’s introductory tone to his viewers; verges on toddler-speak!

And yet, I watched it. There, I feel better.

I also just watched the latest “The Pethericks” so you don’t have to ;)

Almost two minutes of “baby Earnest” bouncing on the trampoline starts the journey. At least he looks like he’s having fun, but 20 seconds or so would have sufficed. We are then treated to a terse exchange between MP and Ryan about allen-keys before the three carnival workers (carnies) MP, Ryan and Billy move and assemble a giant “500 year old” collection of probably woodworm-infested timbers purporting to be a bed. The finished creation is certainly interesting, but like everything on this channel, looks inherently unstable! The Latin motto, embossed on the bedhead, “Fide sed cui vide” (Trust, but be careful of whom you trust) probably applies to whomever lies their fair head in the Trotter chamber. We then find out that the ‘bed’ is for future volunteers to inhabit. Lord help us, and them!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
OMG.. That has got to be the creepiest bed I have ever seen (latest Petherick video). I just oozes bad vibes.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
the vitally important job of making the ground under the trees “look nice from the window”, destroying the badger/rabbit/jabberwocky/whatever burrows, tree roots and the general landscape even more so the ‘expensive’ mower wont faulter.
Michael should intervene on behalf of his friends.

down.jpeg

• Haha
The sale price of the Jarvis old home in 2012 was after the later owners had completely renovated etc if you look at the details, so that's not what money Stephanie's parents got for it.
Had a look at the comments on Ryan's blog and Ma Trotter is policing them as well! Apparently she and Ryan's mum are best friends.
What are the lies Ryan is supposed to have told?
Someone said here that the Jarvis sold their care home for 2 million at the time. Not too bad either.

Life of Ryan. Hmmmmm.

There’s something ironic about Ryan’s ‘grifter’ behaviour, basically seemingly just turning up to Trotter Castle, camera in hand, sponging content from the Trotter grifters. Michael’s face when Ryan appeared before him en route to the cottage disaster (again) was priceless - “Here again huh?” - before shooing Ryan away. Then following Billy, like a puppy, to ‘help’ with the vitally important job of making the ground under the trees “look nice from the window”, destroying the badger/rabbit/jabberwocky/whatever burrows, tree roots and the general landscape even more so the ‘expensive’ mower wont faulter. Ryan’s contribution? Move a few branches. And again, chainsaw action (“did I point out that this is the biggest chainsaw available?”) with no safety gear whatsoever! Billy even remarked “I’ve wrecked my hearing now”. Runs in the family I guess. Perhaps the hapless Gwendoline just needs ride out the carnage . . . And don’t get me started on Ryan’s introductory tone to his viewers; verges on toddler-speak!

And yet, I watched it. There, I feel better.

I also just watched the latest “The Pethericks” so you don’t have to ;)

Almost two minutes of “baby Earnest” bouncing on the trampoline starts the journey. At least he looks like he’s having fun, but 20 seconds or so would have sufficed. We are then treated to a terse exchange between MP and Ryan about allen-keys before the three carnival workers (carnies) MP, Ryan and Billy move and assemble a giant “500 year old” collection of probably woodworm-infested timbers purporting to be a bed. The finished creation is certainly interesting, but like everything on this channel, looks inherently unstable! The Latin motto, embossed on the bedhead, “Fide sed cui vide” (Trust, but be careful of whom you trust) probably applies to whomever lies their fair head in the Trotter chamber. We then find out that the ‘bed’ is for future volunteers to inhabit. Lord help us, and them!
Re. Ryan. In one of his first video, he said that his years at a French school were not happy. With no more explanations.
Comments were all "awww poor boy, nasty, nasty French people etc etc"
He didn't say he was bullied or whatever. Just not happy years.
It could be that he didn't understand what was going on around him. His prononciation in french is like a native but his comprehension of the language is certainly not (Bonne Maman being my favourite but it's not the only one,).

Last edited:
Someone said here that the Jarvis sold their care home for 2 million at the time. Not too bad either
I know, but they were mistaken, having just taken that figure from the 2012 sale details, not the earlier Jarvis sale.

Reactions: 7
I know, but they were mistaken, having just taken that figure from the 2012 sale details, not the earlier Jarvis sale.
Who has started the sleuthing about Cransford Hall ? Now I can't stop 😂
Anyway I found that their Care Home was still in business in 2007.
Her dad passed away in 2009.
How do we know that the Jarvis sold their Nursing Home before 2009 ?
In the ads, the real estate agency speaks of 18 bedrooms with each an en-suite which is what they did for their residents. When they bought it, it was a boarding school for girls which closed down in 1979.
How can we know that there were any other owners than them between 2009 and 2012 (year of the sale for 2.75 million) ?
Mystery mystery 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Back to the Petherick's latest vlog... Anyone else feel that little Ernest should not be used on the vlogs ( after 10 seconds was totally boring) ,as a way to get more subscribers..makes me feel very uncomfortable. The same as putting the lovely Antoine on CDS Cadeaux unwrapped.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just wasted 10 minutes of my life ..
So what are the Covid rules in France - can people visit each other’s houses to just pop in and see if anything needs doing ?
According to Ryan there’s a ‘valid and legal’ reason for him visiting the Petherick’s . Did he say ? Didn’t look like they were expecting him & definitely not needing him !! What ?? I’m not watching any more of that drivel , I’ve never managed a whole episode yet and looks like I never will. I’m just curious to know who or what he’s about because at the moment I can’t work it out .

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just wasted 10 minutes of my life ..
So what are the Covid rules in France - can people visit each other’s houses to just pop in and see if anything needs doing ?
According to Ryan there’s a ‘valid and legal’ reason for him visiting the Petherick’s . Did he say ? Didn’t look like they were expecting him & definitely not needing him !! What ?? I’m not watching any more of that drivel , I’ve never managed a whole episode yet and looks like I never will. I’m just curious to know who or what he’s about because at the moment I can’t work it out .
No they can't. They need a paper stating why they leave their house. In the comments, Ryan answered someone saying that it was for "business purposes"....

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Billy has sussed that showing cute Ernest is the way to go to pad out his terminally dull vlog especially in the beginning. I realised when I saw him putting up the swing etc that It would give endless footage to fans. Shame Dan lives too far away to team up with his sons to show Toddler Time ..
Why did I watch this rubbish TO THE END? Just wondered if there just might be a clip of Pa P butchering, sorry cutting down the monster bed to size with chainsaw. No such luck as yet.

• Haha
No they can't. They need a paper stating why they leave their house. In the comments, Ryan answered someone saying that it was for "business purposes"....
I believe he stays there permanently and has no other hometo call his own. For whatever reason this might be. Probably he is "between two jobs". In between he visits his uncle.

Reactions: 2
I find it kind of suspect that Ryan has such a strong cockney accent (not a criticism of the accent) if he's lived in France from the age of 5 and did all his schooling there? I know English is his first language and he obviously uses it around family...but I have friends who grew up abroad with British parents and their English accents are more neutral.

I don't know enough about linguistics though to say if it's unusual to retain an accent if you move abroad as a young child.

Looked just at the bed. MPs suggestions for room-decorating are good, I think. Style of bed and chandelier/rest of the room are clashing.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.