The Chateau Diaries #3 Escape to La La Land

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cheese Guy has nice eyes, LOTL's lipstick was very pretty, suited her very much.

What I don't get was why Dana was there, was she roped in just to provide the transport for Cheese Guy (maybe he doesn't drive), or to smooth out any lingual bumps should LOTL's French not be up to par, since Mummy is not there.

I'm surprised LOTL doesn't speak English with a French accent given that French was her mother tongue - I'm guessing she spent far more time talking to Darling Daddy than Miserable Mummy as a child! Also wonder why Isabelle sent her for French lessons as a young child rather than teaching her herself.
SJ was born in the UK, raised and schooled there. She learnt French by staying with her Grandmother in the South of France every summer. English was her mother tongue.

Reactions: 8
Was that Dana the real Dana or the wife/girlfriend of Mr Cheese? I just couldn't make my mind up, because if it was she looked a bit different with her hair up. Stephanie was high octane flirty, but as usual only because she knew she was totally safe to be so.

Cheese Guy has nice eyes, LOTL's lipstick was very pretty, suited her very much.

What I don't get was why Dana was there, was she roped in just to provide the transport for Cheese Guy (maybe he doesn't drive), or to smooth out any lingual bumps should LOTL's French not be up to par, since Mummy is not there.

I'm surprised LOTL doesn't speak English with a French accent given that French was her mother tongue - I'm guessing she spent far more time talking to Darling Daddy than Miserable Mummy as a child! Also wonder why Isabelle sent her for French lessons as a young child rather than teaching her herself.
I think Dana is a close friend of Guillain’s. Interestingly, Stephanie speaks French with an English accent...

Reactions: 6

The cheese farmer can drive of course. Try to be a farmer with no car in the middle of rural Berry 😅 BTW he's married (or with a partner). Once again, Stephanie's flirting with any men around (except the Ians mind you 😂) is becoming really embarrassing... for her.
Dana is bored in her rural life. And I don't blame her. She doesn't seem to work. She lives with her French husband Arnaud nearby.
Stephanie's french is not that great. She's not fluent and her accent is quite strong. That's the reason why the cheese guy made a joke about her english the first time we saw him in a video. It's strange because her mother supposedly spoke to her in french (to be verified...) and she spent all her holidays alone in France with her grandmother from the age of 3.
In comparison, Ryan's french prononciation is as perfect as a native but... I don't think he understands everything in french despite the fact he spent years in French schools ! Cf. The fiasco of his translation of Bonne Maman. I'm still laughing 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Dan and Annelise are doing the right thing for their beam.
Any local tradesmen would have told the Pethericks that wood worms only infect the periphery of the beams. Not the core as these beams are made with hard wood like oak.
It can look (very) scary but the beam is ok, at least for some more centuries !
A simple deep treatment with xyolphene, every year if necessary.
TBH when Pa P. Cut the big beam, it didn't look very rotten in its middle. It would have been surprising if a 100 years old (only) oak beam was rotten inside a house which didn't have major leaks from the roof.
True but the ends of the beam were completely rotten weren’t they?

Reactions: 3
The cheese farmer can drive of course. Try to be a farmer with no car in the middle of rural Berry 😅 BTW he's married (or with a partner). Once again, Stephanie's flirting with any men around (except the Ians mind you 😂) is becoming really embarrassing... for her.
Dana is bored in her rural life. And I don't blame her. She doesn't seem to work. She lives with her French husband Arnaud nearby.
Stephanie's french is not that great. She's not fluent and her accent is quite strong. That's the reason why the cheese guy made a joke about her english the first time we saw him in a video. It's strange because her mother supposedly spoke to her in french (to be verified...) and she spent all her holidays alone in France with her grandmother from the age of 3.
In comparison, Ryan's french prononciation is as perfect as a native but... I don't think he understands everything in french despite the fact he spent years in French schools ! Cf. The fiasco of his translation of Bonne Maman. I'm still laughing 😂
Thanks to your mentioning it, @Calvignac, I dipped into Ryan's Lockdown 2 Day 1 vlog. As well as the Bonne Maman fiasco which was unintentionally hilarious, I was amused (for all the wrong reasons) by his Croissant Tutorial. Apart from those 2 moments, I thought the vlog was self-indulgent codswallop.

• Haha
  • Heart
True but the ends of the beam were completely rotten weren’t they?
That's what they said. If the ends of the beam were rotten, it means one thing : the walls are very damp and even infiltrated with water. And that's VERY scary !

• Wow
Reactions: 10
That's what they said. If the ends of the beam were rotten, it means one thing : the walls are very damp and even infiltrated with water. And that's VERY scary !
And they took a massive risk knocking the hole in the wall for the beam without then supporting it. The whole lot could have come down...

@Calvignac As usual Papa Bodge Master got things the wrong way round. They should have installed the aga and dried the fabric out, before putting in any new woodwork. And even a semi competent builder would have measured up and chiselled out the joist slots in the beam before shoving it through the wall. Who ever heard of chainsawing them out in situ?!!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Two Monday morning random "Donegals", brought to you courtesy of a nocturnal brainstorm:

Stephanie has much less bounce in her mien
Since discovering the lake is not in her lien
Bound by EU directives
And water detectives
No torrents will flow, nothing, rien.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Brenda breaks down on a distant boreen *
Clutching her largest Spode soup tureen
Forget about craic
Now she's taking the flack
For a photoshopped pastoral scene

* a small, usually very bumpy country track in Ireland

~~~~~~~~~~

Also:

Brenda has really shot herself in the foot with that pathetic attempt to profiteer from Lalande and out-toile the rather beautiful design done by the Californian artist. Thank you, tho, to the INSPIRED artists on here for the wonderful examples of jo(u)yous creativity!

The latest Trotter Family Bodging It featuring the seemingly endless beam business was a triumph of how not to do things, from start to finish. It will be miraculous if that cottage remains upright long enough for the dismembered Aga to be put back together again. I still await mention of cost and then ensuing chaos of plumbing and electrics. Snorts of laughter on reading the comments, as one or two seemed to think the video was worthy of an Emmy.

I loathe goats cheese but, nonetheless, enjoyed yesterday's Cheese Man in the Lalande kitchen video. The end results looked delicious, even if I can't bear the main component. This is the sort of content that is trademark Stephanie: interesting, informative, engaging. (I absolutely love Camembert with honey drizzled on top plus garlic and some rosemary, shoved into the oven til runny then eaten with loads of crusty bread to dip into the gooey yumminess)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Has Selmar left? Or just keeping a low profile and staying out of the kitchen..?

I'm still having nightmares about that bloody chainsaw at the never-ending cottage, the way it's passed up and down and around from person to person while running is just lunacy.

Reactions: 7
Breaking news : Philip's french is perfect ! A native. I was even surprised he could understand so easily what the goat farmer told him as he speaks very fast and in a very casual french. Philip answered in the same french and fast too. We don't know everything about this young man !

• Wow
Reactions: 15
On a side note:whoever mentioned foxes afloat with their narrowboat silver fox, thanks so much. I became addicted since episode one. Never ever heard of a narrow boat before. Isn't Otis just lovely?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.