The Chateau Diaries #299 The only culture found this winter in the shitoo was scraped off the filthy floor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Peter & Anna, From Chateau to farmhouse - It's a wonderful life posted a vlog. In it they broke the chateau 4th wall & made a joke of Billy & Gwendolyn. Also @TonyinLosAngeles made 2 comments. One about being blocked from fannys channel. I can post it mabe one of you tech wiz could do it.
---
I thought that comment was really distasteful, unclassy and unnecessary. Quite turned off by it. I’m not defending Billy & Gwen. Just saying it was a totally unnecessary comment/reaction in their first vlog for some time given Peter’s mother’s death. Peter and Anna have tried to move away from chateauverse (as they don’t have a chateau) and be more French lifestyle. So why make such a comment? Admitting all your viewers are only from chateauverse? If you came to their vlog for their own content you’d have no idea who Billy or Gwen were. Childish behaviour really given their subscribers though small are loyal and interested in them and their lives. Own goal.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
TheBTG88
1 hour ago
A week to replace a belt? Should take 10 minutes, especially as the belts are generic parts and widely available.

carolynshepherd4153
1 hour ago
You spent so much time and effort creating the English Garden, you would give it a little TLC

@lynnharper3048
7 minutes ago
I thought I read somewhere that there was a reason for going to Japan. Maybe I missed it, but why were you going there?

See how the manipulation works?🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
marygarrapa3537
22 minutes ago
Thank you so much. I did enjoy "our" trip to Japan and China

JerrySmith-hq6no
32 minutes ago
I think at your stage of life a new car would be a great purchase

@schuhschrank947
45 minutes ago
I miss Davy.

angelavan478
1 hour ago
New car time. Or SUV to handle the auction pickups.:)
I have been wondering how disgusting that fabric spice rack Fanny made is if the curtains were as filthy as FRK showed us.
Poor Ratso was probably in the Porsche with a smoother ride than the Fiesta which is less good usually. Ratso was not restrained and being flung around possibly in the boot.

Snorts is useless. Fanny is his mother.

Ratso was sick in the car. This was definitely another monkey poo, ,the dog ate my homework storyline .
Fanny is sick. Manipulation and acting. Just awful.

We definitely need the slap emoji.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Ida-fz3ir
22 minutes ago
I'm wondering: it seems Your bag was filled with presents, not clothes+

wendygrimwood8122
34 minutes ago
I think I would have been in tears by then - well done Stephanie for your positive attitude- the last time I went to Greece it took over 24 hrs and I was a wreck !

jdeeside
38 minutes ago
He didn't look very impressed with that brolly.... Rude

@jennywillow9850
1 hour ago (edited)
Steph, I'm sure we'll all understand if this weeks Patreon vlog is delayed. Please sleep as much as you need. We don't want you collapsing with exhaustion. I'm sure your mother would agree!

michaelt8727
1 hour ago
By the way, a week to get an accessory fan belt? That’s crazy. I could understand if you were driving an old Yugo or a failure-prone Lada. But you’re not. It should be a same day, one day or two day proposition at the most. Oh well, it is what it is. At the end of an off-the-rails travel drama at least you’re home safely now and you can sleep as long as you need to… while we can finally relax and breathe knowing you’ve made it back to home base. Until we meet again, I wish you strength and serenity.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
chandeliers1022
2 hours ago
Welcome home Stephanie! Now that you and Lancelot have done the "Time Of My Life Dance" why don't you and Phillip spice things up with the Hungry Eyes dance from the movie Dirty Dancing which is even more sexy and romantic than the Time Of My Life Dance. Or better yet, you and Phillip practice the iconic lift scene in your moat from now so that on the big day, the famous Dirty Dancing dance can be your first dance together as a couple. After all, you have to wear a white dress to do that dance! Cheers to Dirty Dancing at Lalande!
---
WTF?

robertmahenski7660
3 hours ago
Welcome home, Stephanie. Oh, and Mr. Philip: be warned - I'm going to try to steal your woman.
---
jennifercampbell7698
5 hours ago
I don’t know about the umbrella being under the influence of the gods but I’m pretty sure you are Steph! Although your initial delay in China seemed charmed, I think the last station delay was the gods saying ‘no more trips without Philip and you have to stay at LaLande for a set time’ with the lack of transport ensuring that
How many of us traveled with work or children and had delayed flights or broken connections? This woman has a team of staff back home to collect her, cook for her and make her bed,she is so removed from, reality.
Maybe the love of her life will drive away with the secrets and Frk in the autumn.
FRK can write her recipe book with a twist and Snorts can go to this agent and write a play about the dump.

imagine overhearing the meeting in SA for the dumps plans for 2024.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Peter & Anna, From Chateau to farmhouse - It's a wonderful life posted a vlog. In it they broke the chateau 4th wall & made a joke of Billy & Gwendolyn. Also @TonyinLosAngeles made 2 comments. One about being blocked from fannys channel. I can post it mabe one of you tech wiz could do it.
---
Here’s one plus ‘Tony’s’ @Poppy-1. ‘Tony’ is/was an avid commentator on Dan’s channel btw quite funny at times and got a mention from Dan once.

Attachments

Reactions: 15
I just checked this out - you're right! Everything there is really realistic-looking, too! That red pepper, cut in half......the dahlias, the columbine......the Nigella! Everything is so lifelike! I followed her, so thank you for the recommendation.

This is something I would like to learn to do. I used to be crafty and would make crepe paper flowers - not the blousey, pom-pom ones you see all the time at parties, but lifelike ones. There are several people on etsy who sell the ones that they make. I don't know why I stopped, except that it got hard to find decent crepe paper. I still have the book, maybe I'll start doing it again!

Here's an example of the crepe paper ones from etsy, which were a lot like the ones I used to make. I got pretty expert at poppies and peonies, as well as daffodils:

View attachment 2872249

View attachment 2872250
I am absolutely hopeless at craft. I can garden ! I worked in William Curtis garden and had access to some amazing pictures. I have a book with some of his work in, photos are not as good or helpful as botanical drawings.
The collection of magazines with his illustrations are kept at Kew but sadly although invited to go and see the archives i did not make it .
Fannys graveyard garden behind the chapel is pitiful and neglected. It will never be a thing of beauty. I imagine the docks are making a fantastic display behind the spirea.

when will the diggers arrive to dig the French drains for the chapel? Or will Fanny conveniently cancel that.
it seems the dump is just to make vlogs and money. She doesn’t care if it falls down.
---
And there it is. Fanny has set Thrush up for the fall. Her sycophantic fans are beginning to rumble with discontent about what Thrush does and doesn't do. What he can and can't do. And whether he is worthy of their icon. Is Thrush actually on the slippery slide to adios?
Has parasol. Up up and away.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
jacquelinearcher1158
21 minutes ago
After Lancelot being sick I’m not sure I would swing him over my head..hope he’s ok now….? He looks fine now .
---
ecogarden3622
2 minutes ago
What kind of man is he? A woman exhausted by a 3-day journey has to arrange roadside assistance for the young, strong man (it seems) who is not her son, because the "poor" guy doesn't know how to use the phone himself. This boy (because he hasn't earned the name of man yet) only cares about himself and the dog, when he should be taking care of his woman, getting her a taxi or something. Man - failure. I think so. More and more often it seems to me that he does not deserve our chatelaine. He has chosen the comfortable life, but this life will no longer be comfortable for the chatelaine if they get married. If your fiancé behaves like a helpless child before the wedding, what will happen next?
@escalate7802
32 minutes ago
What can you expect from a person whose purpose in life is obviously just buying clutter and setting tables? He seems so full of himself and self-indulgent. Always big words about nothing. And as a woman, I really can't fathom how anyone could recognise a real man for life in this person. Vice versa, she is understandably the big catch for him. Hopefully she'll realise the truth before it's too late.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
jacquelinearcher1158
21 minutes ago
After Lancelot being sick I’m not sure I would swing him over my head..hope he’s ok now….? He looks fine now .
---

@escalate7802
32 minutes ago
What can you expect from a person whose purpose in life is obviously just buying clutter and setting tables? He seems so full of himself and self-indulgent. Always big words about nothing. And as a woman, I really can't fathom how anyone could recognise a real man for life in this person. Vice versa, she is understandably the big catch for him. Hopefully she'll realise the truth before it's too late.
Rumble, rumble. Discontent. Thrush is being outed by the sycophants.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Imagine your fiance travelling halfway around the world to a country famous for its porcelain knowing that you simply adore porcelain, as a matter of fact you're obsessed with collecting it. You are most likely envisioning the love of your life carefully seeking out the most exquisite piece to bring back for you as a souvenir and to show how much they love and missed you. To your surprise and disappointment, they offer you an umbrella instead.
Classic narcissist’s move.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Clean up on aisle 9... I've had a serious superglue incident. That bloody stuff is a nightmare. 4 fingers, both thumbs, a blob on the worktop. Catastrophe!!! Any tips.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
No Fanny..... it's not... it is horrible. Davey needs to stop.
mess.png

I'd bet Dan's next vid will blow the poor orphan away with his garden

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I do too !!!
Snorty prefers the gifts he receives from Uncle Johnnie and would have been happier if Fanny had given him a meat tenderiser.
---
What is that dress that she's wearing? It's not the one she bought in China. So, did she buy two or did she buy that when she arrived in France? It looks like a flannel.nightdress. It's not surprising that Ratso was sick in the car. He'd been told she was coming back.
Yes Fanny bought atleast 2 dresses at that store in China. There was the polyester dress and sweater she wore for dim sum, plus the flannel granny dress was sitting over by the cash register.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
And there it is. Fanny has set Thrush up for the fall. Her sycophantic fans are beginning to rumble with discontent about what Thrush does and doesn't do. What he can and can't do. And whether he is worthy of their icon. Is Thrush actually on the slippery slide to adios?
The get her arrested for fraud and we're done.
---
Probably the Porsche which the 2 puffs will 'sell' to her if they haven't already .
They will now the dog's yakked up in it.
---
Clean up on aisle 9... I've had a serious superglue incident. That bloody stuff is a nightmare. 4 fingers, both thumbs, a blob on the worktop. Catastrophe!!! Any tips.
WD40 might work unless you're also stuck to the worktop, in which case shout. Mr Spratt said just as well you were not scratching your arse, how very dare he.!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Acetone should help remove the glue.
" Acetone, also known as propanone, can be used to remove glue, including stronger varieties like superglue. Acetone is a strong solvent that can break down polymers, making it effective in removing stubborn substances like paint, varnish, and nail polish.0 Soaking the area with warm water and scraping away the glue can also help loosen the adhesive. Soaking the glass overnight in hot soapy water can also help loosen the adhesive.2 However, acetone can also damage some surfaces like varnished wood and certain fabrics.1 To remove super glue from skin, use a small amount of acetone on a cotton tip and apply it to the area, but be cautious when pulling away the skin to avoid damage.3 Removing super glue from fabrics requires a slow build of acetone to remove it. Commercial glue removers can remove adhesive from wood, particularly those containing citrus oil. If gentler methods don't work, try more powerful chemical solvents, such as lighter fluid, paint thinner, acetone, or rubbing alcohol."

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I thought that comment was really distasteful, unclassy and unnecessary. Quite turned off by it. I’m not defending Billy & Gwen. Just saying it was a totally unnecessary comment/reaction in their first vlog for some time given Peter’s mother’s death. Peter and Anna have tried to move away from chateauverse (as they don’t have a chateau) and be more French lifestyle. So why make such a comment? Admitting all your viewers are only from chateauverse? If you came to their vlog for their own content you’d have no idea who Billy or Gwen were. Childish behaviour really given their subscribers though small are loyal and interested in them and their lives. Own goal.
We often hear accusations of jealousy in vlog comments, usually unfounded. In this instance I think it might very well be the case. Gwen and Billy are successful members of the chateauverse, while Peter and Anna failed quite publicly. Granted it was through no fault of their own. Despite their missteps, the Pethericks have continued to thrive through the financial largesse of Gwen’s inheritance. Peter and Anna could feel this is unfair and have snarked accordingly. You’re right though, it’s very much an own goal.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The get her arrested for fraud and we're done.
---

They will now the dog's yakked up in it.
---

WD40 might work unless you're also stuck to the worktop, in which case shout. Mr Spratt said just as well you were not scratching your arse, how very dare he.!
I was repairing my favourite jeans belt! I forgot it had perforations! Ouked out over my fingers and blobbed on the worktop. Himself sat and watched the entire proceeding. It was he that pointed out the blob on the worktop saying - is that water or superglue? So me, I got the wash up sponge to wipe it up. There now there is a small piece of sponge stuck to the worktop and several other small pieces stuck to my fingers!

I really, really detest superglue. To start I couldn't open the tube as it had "superglued" tight after the last use. He took it out to the garage and opened it for me. At that point I should have quit while I was ahead and taken the belt down to the cordonnier. But it would have taken him at least 2 weeks and I wanted my jeans held up now.

This is what I think they should do with it. Make each tube a one use tube and sell them in boxes of 6 or a dozen. They will sell more and for a higher price. Instead they just piss people like me off.

Sorry for the complete divert.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I was repairing my favourite jeans belt! I forgot it had perforations! Ouked out over my fingers and blobbed on the worktop. Himself sat and watched the entire proceeding. It was he that pointed out the blob on the worktop saying - is that water or superglue? So me, I got the wash up sponge to wipe it up. There now there is a small piece of sponge stuck to the worktop and several other small pieces stuck to my fingers!

I really, really detest superglue. To start I couldn't open the tube as it had "superglued" tight after the last use. He took it out to the garage and opened it for me. At that point I should have quit while I was ahead and taken the belt down to the cordonnier. But it would have taken him at least 2 weeks and I wanted my jeans held up now.

This is what I think they should do with it. Make each tube a one use tube and sell them in boxes of 6 or a dozen. They will sell more and for a higher price. Instead they just piss people like me off.

Sorry for the complete divert.
I find that the superglue gel variety is much easier to control. Not much help now, I know.

• Heart
  • Haha
Acetone should help remove the glue.
" Acetone, also known as propanone, can be used to remove glue, including stronger varieties like superglue. Acetone is a strong solvent that can break down polymers, making it effective in removing stubborn substances like paint, varnish, and nail polish.0 Soaking the area with warm water and scraping away the glue can also help loosen the adhesive. Soaking the glass overnight in hot soapy water can also help loosen the adhesive.2 However, acetone can also damage some surfaces like varnished wood and certain fabrics.1 To remove super glue from skin, use a small amount of acetone on a cotton tip and apply it to the area, but be cautious when pulling away the skin to avoid damage.3 Removing super glue from fabrics requires a slow build of acetone to remove it. Commercial glue removers can remove adhesive from wood, particularly those containing citrus oil. If gentler methods don't work, try more powerful chemical solvents, such as lighter fluid, paint thinner, acetone, or rubbing alcohol."
Thank you so much @Fromthenorth . I do believe I have all of those things to hand. My worktop is hammered black granite so it would take most things 😘

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.