The Chateau Diaries #288 Stephanie has the life everyone dreams of and everyone else pays for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’ve spent a good bit of time on the morality of the latest Billster news, but I am curious about a couple other things. Did the articles indicate when he was caught? I think the AWOL thing was 2021-22? We’re the thefts 2020? Remember when Michael started out and Billy didn’t want to be in the vlogs much? Was he already caught yet? When he started the Pethericks he must have surely been caught by then. I seem to remember he started then quit for quite a while. Gwen was really shy about being filmed. She’s always been a bit shy until lately.

Looks like he and Ryan were thick as thieves 🤣 in the time period of the thefts? Was he involved? He did say that he and Billy used to buy and sell stuff. Wonder if Ryan made himself unavailable in Thailand for nearly a year on purpose? It’s quite incredible to think all of these issues were going on in the background while either Michael or Billy were posting videos. Maybe some of Michael’s anxiety was related to these issues? They were having kids when all of this was going on. The stress must have been horrible.

I feel like he must have been doing this before the money Gwen inherited came into play. I think 2014 would have been when they first started dating/living together. Ryan was their roomie. They lived in Rennes. She worked in a clothing store and he was doing electronics installs and stealing church tit.

It takes balls to be on tv with desertion hanging over your head. I’m guessing he probably knew he’d skate out if caught. I find it interesting that the thefts were pursued for so long. It took six years to get them and ten for it to be public.

There’s been no change in his subscriber numbers yet. I’m sure they will stay at their current level at least until he posts a video again. After the video, who knows? Also, I’m wondering if Ryan separated himself/channel from Billster’s to avoid losing subscribers when the tit hit the fan. I think all his friends knew the tit was going to hit the fan for a while now.

I suspect that Ryan knew exactly what was going on. Billy seemed to give him a lot of leeway, a lot more than most friends would. Billy had a lot more to lose when the shite hit the fan

Strange that Sean disappeared from Billster’s blogs about 6 months ago. Coincidence or did he suss out what was happening, and wanted to distance himself from them.

Young Mr. Moon and his family may need to take a back step from the Petheticks, I doubt this latest revelation will help his vlogs.

Bet Fanny is crapping herself. 10 years from the offences to a court case. Keep looking over your shoulder Fanny. You can hide, but you'll always be found out, even if it takes years.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
It wouldn't take Aumary long to sand those beams, give them a coat of woodworm treatment and then linseed oil them. It would look lovely and then leave the room at that, don't put hideous wallpaper on the walls just paint them and let the rest of the decor in the room be the focal point.

Finally thank you @ComtesseRose for the new thread, also @FecilitéJ and @Lady Avonlea for the name and nom.
The room would have some natural character if the beams were left au naturel after sanding, etc. Less is more: if only SJ understood that grandifying an attic bedroom doesn’t enhance it.

In any event, it seems completely arse about face to redecorate the room before the replacement window is installed. There again, everything at Lalande is done arse about face.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I suspect that Ryan knew exactly what was going on. Billy seemed to give him a lot of leeway, a lot more than most friends would. Billy had a lot more to lose when the shite hit the fan

Strange that Sean disappeared from Billster’s blogs about 6 months ago. Coincidence or did he suss out what was happening, and wanted to distance himself from them.

Young Mr. Moon and his family may need to take a back step from the Petheticks, I doubt this latest revelation will help his vlogs.

Bet Fanny is crapping herself. 10 years from the offences to a court case. Keep looking over your shoulder Fanny. You can hide, but you'll always be found out, even if it takes years.
I don't think fears anything happening because she has convinced herself she has done nothing wrong. She has probably had good accountants and taken legal advice don't under estimate her or her Mum and Percy

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She does not pretend to be religiously interested. The renovation of the chapel is so that others will be impressed, not for any religious reason.
Of course. She says she's not religious but I think she has, on many occasions, especially recently, tried to appear interested and respectful. I was pointing out her ignorance. I am not a Catholic or even a believer, and I don't live on the continent but I know the name of that saint. What infuriates me is Fanny pretending to be knowledgeable about history, art, etc.while lacking so much general knowledge and common sense. That, plus the fact that so many fans see her as decent and cultured really annoys me. I can only imagine how Isabelle, Tante, etc are expressing their disgust and disdain about Billy & co whilst ignoring Fanny's lies and grifting. What Billy did is disgusting, Fanny is just as bad. What she is doing is virtually the same as stealing, she is asking for other people to support her hedonistic lifestyle and, as you say, she is not religious but she is trying to give the impression that she respects religion in order to get a decorative chapel to impress people and show her in a good light.

• Heart
Has there been any comment on Dear Brenda's page regarding Billy yet?

Also, I couldn't see how to find the patreon graphs for The Pethericks, how can I do this?
1650471544057.gif

200w (1).gif

its-a-scam-moira.gif

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Of course. She says she's not religious but I think she has, on many occasions, especially recently, tried to appear interested and respectful. I was pointing out her ignorance. I am not a Catholic or even a believer, and I don't live on the continent but I know the name of that saint. What infuriates me is Fanny pretending to be knowledgeable about history, art, etc.while lacking so much general knowledge and common sense. That, plus the fact that so many fans see her as decent and cultured really annoys me. I can only imagine how Isabelle, Tante, etc are expressing their disgust and disdain about Billy & co whilst ignoring Fanny's lies and grifting. What Billy did is disgusting, Fanny is just as bad. What she is doing is virtually the same as stealing, she is asking for other people to support her hedonistic lifestyle and, as you say, she is not religious but she is trying to give the impression that she respects religion in order to get a decorative chapel to impress people and show her in a good light.
She is totally amoral. I think she is worse than Billy-he did some petty theft from a church which is awful, but Fanny has prayed on the bereaved, lonely and naive to buy a star when she has already conned over a million in patreon for renovations and she has done bugger all. She is out of Billy's league all while pretending to be sweetness and light-Billy has always shown he has an edge to him

• Heart
Reactions: 29
The Spanish farmers have started blockading the motorways here in Spain now as well
Did I see something the other day on the news about Irish farmers manif'ing in solidarity with the French farmers?

The French farmers here in the Aude are "particular" and "un peu spécial" !!! They have a certain menacing thuggery to them.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
View attachment 2743538

View attachment 2743557

View attachment 2743545
Thank you Kiki, champion.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Hmm. The link symbol looks like handcuffs... appropriate.
I have to say, though, I find the wallpaper pleasing and the room is stylish. Fanny learns nothing from these "friends" that she hangs on to the coat tails of.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
We’ve spent a good bit of time on the morality of the latest Billster news, but I am curious about a couple other things. Did the articles indicate when he was caught? I think the AWOL thing was 2021-22? We’re the thefts 2020? Remember when Michael started out and Billy didn’t want to be in the vlogs much? Was he already caught yet? When he started the Pethericks he must have surely been caught by then. I seem to remember he started then quit for quite a while. Gwen was really shy about being filmed. She’s always been a bit shy until lately.

Looks like he and Ryan were thick as thieves 🤣 in the time period of the thefts? Was he involved? He did say that he and Billy used to buy and sell stuff. Wonder if Ryan made himself unavailable in Thailand for nearly a year on purpose? It’s quite incredible to think all of these issues were going on in the background while either Michael or Billy were posting videos. Maybe some of Michael’s anxiety was related to these issues? They were having kids when all of this was going on. The stress must have been horrible.

I feel like he must have been doing this before the money Gwen inherited came into play. I think 2014 would have been when they first started dating/living together. Ryan was their roomie. They lived in Rennes. She worked in a clothing store and he was doing electronics installs and stealing church tit.

It takes balls to be on tv with desertion hanging over your head. I’m guessing he probably knew he’d skate out if caught. I find it interesting that the thefts were pursued for so long. It took six years to get them and ten for it to be public.

There’s been no change in his subscriber numbers yet. I’m sure they will stay at their current level at least until he posts a video again. After the video, who knows? Also, I’m wondering if Ryan separated himself/channel from Billster’s to avoid losing subscribers when the tit hit the fan. I think all his friends knew the tit was going to hit the fan for a while now.
I would take a guess that Ryan and possibly gormless Phil may be involved in dubious activities. The whole lot give out dodgy vibes and I wonder about their backgrounds. Birds of a feather, again. I'd like to think people learn from their mistakes and some do turn their lives around. When you think of the many ex-prisoners, etc., who have transformed their lives with help from the Prince's Trust in the UK, it can happen, but how many leopards do manage to change their spots?

Reactions: 21
I’d be interested in others’ opinions on my thoughts re Stephanie’s chapel star scam.

I think she has created a huge project deliverable for herself given she has admitted that enough stars have been sold to renovate/repaint the roof, retile floor, repaint walls, etc ; if these activities don’t happen in 2024 her “fans” will go ape-tit. So she must deliver a renovated chapel ceiling (at least). Hasn’t she advertised 2024 patreon days - so more patreons have the chance to attend OR link to other donors/fans in advance to take photos of “their” star.
The monthly patreon amount she receives is easily forgotten (and spent) with surveys, reports and the function of BnB. But the chapel is an actual deliverable she can’t not deliver.
So has Stephanie actually created her own downfall with this chapel project?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
The Moons Amazon List, for the horses, animals, barns etc, not designer anything nor plates. The world map has the kids pinning the viewers countries, flags and geography made educational and fun for them. Class act unlike Fanny / Snorts who can only think of themselves and the money.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The Moons Amazon List, for the horses, animals, barns etc, not designer anything nor plates. The world map has the kids pinning the viewers countries, flags and geography made educational and fun for them. Class act unlike Fanny / Snorts who can only think of themselves and the money.
Gee it is refreshing isn't it? Both the parent Moons are so knowledgeable regarding horse/animal husbandry and their boys are learning so much from them.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
---
If you're still watching the con Fanny I don't know why you'd stop watching Billy.
You have a point and I agree with you.

I liked Billy once and the fact that he went awol from the army didn’t bother me until I found out he and Gwen are (were, whatever) two petty criminals. Actually, I’m not sure over 40 thefts of religious relics over the course of a year qualifies as petty criminals. Maybe they have crossed that line as they were not stealing to buy food to feed their families or to sustain a drug habit. Something changed in me. Maybe I can be more magnanimous in the future and forgive. But for now I will unfollow and leave that behind.

Maybe Billy and Gwen have changed and are paying for their crimes. Good for them. But I can not forget and forgive their mistakes yet.

But I never watched Fanny’s vlogs for fun, never liked her, her voice is the most irritating and her laugh is a torture. Well, I watched the last Patreon vlog just because I wanted to see the hotel room… was always some sort of accidental watching, hate watching really. And I watch when @graciemckitten tells me watch 50 secs here and there… 🤭 and that is it.

I told here once how I reached the chateauverse via Ryan and Billy but will retell.

I used to watch some YouTube channels of dealers of Mid Century Modern Design and one of them mentioned she watched TCD. I checked and hated it. The video I clicked was a Sunday one where mummy and Fanny were discussing something idiotic. Couldn’t handle them for more than a minute and left to never return… until the day YouTube recommended me a video o Ryan going “brocanting“ with Billy. I love visits to brocante ( except when Snorts is involved ) and I enjoyed that video. Ryan and Billy went to dozens of trips to brocante together and Ryan was uploading everything on his channel. Not long after that YouTube started recommending Doing it ourselves, The Pethericks and Michael and Fanny Christmas advent… I got hooked on Billy, Ryan, Michael and along came Fanny … I watched most of her advent videos but couldn’t enjoy anything after the arrival of Snorts. I developed hate at first sight for Dan, the idiot and have never liked anyone in the entire dump crew. They are all repulsive…the exception being Selmar.
I enjoyed Selmar in the 2020 advent videos but I did not know about his and Tati’s entire drama until I got here as I didn’t watch anything beyond Christmas advent vlogs.

Selmargate is what led me to you all smart and funny ladies and gents… but it started with Ryan and Billy and my love for brocante.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Just seen on Marie’s instagram.

A picture speaks a thousand words but unfortunately the words she has used make it speak a thousand more.
I know I shouldn't laugh but it is somewhat ironic. All this double dealing and back stabbing in the chateauverse is becoming quite enjoyable. Waiting for the next punch to be thrown. I do hope that Thrush becomes collateral damage.

• Heart
  • Haha
Sooo, I was just thinking....
I'm an old naive woman, but:

Billy was convicted on Monday. The English newspaper article was then, too. How did they - the English - know about it? It's not that Billie is a world famous celebrity with paparazzi all around. Nobody on here had known or read about the theft before it appeared in the Daily Mail. I wouldn't think about it any further, if the article had appeared later in the week, after the French newspapers wrote about it. Escessially when England had their BIG news about Charles' cancer announcement at the same time as Billie's conviction. Are Billie and Charles of the same importance?
Did somebody tipp them off? Who told them? On whose radar - newspaperwise - had they been for some time?
I find it a bit confusing.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I’d be interested in others’ opinions on my thoughts re Stephanie’s chapel star scam.

I think she has created a huge project deliverable for herself given she has admitted that enough stars have been sold to renovate/repaint the roof, retile floor, repaint walls, etc ; if these activities don’t happen in 2024 her “fans” will go ape-tit. So she must deliver a renovated chapel ceiling (at least). Hasn’t she advertised 2024 patreon days - so more patreons have the chance to attend OR link to other donors/fans in advance to take photos of “their” star.
The monthly patreon amount she receives is easily forgotten (and spent) with surveys, reports and the function of BnB. But the chapel is an actual deliverable she can’t not deliver.
So, has Stephanie actually created her own downfall with this chapel project?
I am looking forward to the patron days when a lot of star adopters turn up to see their stars. I envisage that being very chaotic knowing Fanny, Potts and co. With all the recent travelling, it would be interesting to know how all the recording of names and the locating of the stars is progressing. I imagine they'll be confused as hell, trying to match the adopters with their stars. If they cock it all up and are deceitful about which star is which, many people will become very upset if several are allocated to the same star, especially when stars have been adopted in memory of loved ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.