The Chateau Diaries #288 Stephanie has the life everyone dreams of and everyone else pays for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They were looking at properties further south.
My theory, so Darko could be closer to Barcelona whose August circuit party is Europe's largest. Also within strikng distance for O.
---
It might be Saint Agatha of Sicily rather that Saint Lucia. The tray she was holding might have been boobs and not eyes. I need to go back and look at the flog again.

Edit: I just went and googled lots of dreadful pictures of poor St Lucia and St Agatha. Jeesuss! Martyrs indeed.
You're right. It is St Lucia of Syracuse.
I first read about these in a wonderful book called Sweet Sicily.
Saint Agatha's breasts, filled with milk pud. I'd like to see MariE attempt these.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
after a few days of taking in, everything that has taken place with Billy,I have a few thoughts. I have really enjoyed his channel and restoration of the convent. It is one of my most favorite you tube channels. I have admired him for the way he has given employment to so many.. simon, yannis in particular, sean, rick, and the moons. not to mention various contractors in the area.. electricians, plumbers, carpenters. He has offered apartments to his family, and to ryan. He also started a very successful go fund me for the church in england where he got the organ. He also has restored this derelict convent, which attracted squatters, and I only imagine that this restoration has increased property values in the area.

He has also taken care of his family the best way he knows how, the latest thing is having simon and yannis help out his grandfather.

Now i fully realize the awol charge, and the theft.. i get it.. and i dont condone it at all. Having said that Billy and Gwen have paid their fines, have undoubtedly suffered from the stress of all of this not to mention the blow their reputation has taken. Its time to move on, they have paid their debt to society, and I for one will continue to watch the channel.
I respect your opinion and views on the latest reveal with Billy and Gwen. We’re all human. From Billy and Gwen’s perspective, this happened years ago, they’ve been to court, paid restitution, and moved on. For the rest of us, this is a surprise that we’re still processing; we haven’t had the benefit of time to fully comprehend and absorb what happened. A couple of things bother me about the latest headline…this is the second “shocker” concerning Billy (the first was his military desertion)…is there more to come? And, even bigger picture, what does something like this say about YouTube and influencers?

Looking back, how did Billy, Gwen, and Michael even get thrust into the spotlight of the chateauverse? A lot of it was luck…happened by chance. Michael submitted their information and biography to Channel 4 and the Pethericks were picked to participate on the show. They were eventually dropped because Channel 4 deemed them not interesting enough (although Michael is convinced the Strawbridges had a hand in their dismissal). Michael met Stephanie through the show. Doing It Ourselves and, eventually, The Pethericks channels came about largely because they were booted from Channel 4.

Billy is now collecting a lot of money from his videos…anywhere from €10K - €12K per month. The channel’s success can be attributed to a lot of factors, one of which is that viewers relate to the people and story they watch. So, some questions that I’ve considered…does Billy have a responsibility to be forthcoming with his viewers about his past? Should viewers have that information so they can make an informed decision about whether or not they choose to continue supporting the Pethericks?

For me, it comes back to the question of transparency and accountability…not just the Pethericks, but also for others like Stephanie. How much of what we see is real or fake? Are these people who they say they are? What really happens with money that’s collected for promised renovations…or donations to charitable funds, etc? It’s complicated… I don’t have the answers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
No one is judging Billy for possibly being from the background you are describing. But pardon me if I consider that whilst it is each to their own and you can do what you like, I won't be watching and thus financially supporting people who felt that it was perfectly in order to steal from churches in a foreign country where he had been made welcome. They are clearly not embarrassed, but I feel embarrassed for them. By all means carry on supporting the millionairess and her husband and family to live in the lap of luxury. I have no doubt that any fundraising - which was not their own money but more of other people's - was all on account on the day of reckoning. I have seen no evidence that they are reformed characters, and how sure are you that there is not more to come?
Oh I don't watch any of them any more - occasional snippets only. I don't really care that much.

Reactions: 17
Look at the newest comment on Patherick article in the daily mail from yesterday:

ShovelPoetVein, Paris, France, about an hour ago

He didnt only steal from churches. He robbed our house when he knew we were away, just couldnt prove it.

Click on newest comments and it should be the first comment at the top of the newest comments column.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Well Amaury must have spent about 4 hours on that room.

We then are treated to tit splattered statues- so she can take a swipe at Teflon Billy. Seb and Baby Pube got to look up her skirt. A burnt lemon drizzle. A manky fridge with no actual food in it just processed crap. Then the peasants have Yorkshires with chicken pretentiously served on Herend China -if only you could buy class. Fanny does bugger all-all day every day.
Her orgasms over Amaury putting a few metal strips up was embarrassing... she's got a woodworker there, of course he can clean up those beams Idiot.
---
Hei everyone, how incredibly fast are we going through the pages over here?

I’ve been following but pages are flying and it is nearly impossible to keep up with you all.
Thank goodness for @ComtesseRose ‘s effective work to keep the threads going at this crazy rhythm.
Great title by the way.

So, I have been trying to make sense of the entire Billy and Gwen mess and in the process I went into the rabbit hole of hours long videos of Taiwan street food vendors and Vietnamese pimple popping and it was rough, really heavy, I don’t know how I survived last night.

I read @halifax and @UvulaDonor recent arguments and kind of agree with them both but I am not sure I want to keep following Billy anymore. Something got broken. I am not a naive, or a prude, person and I am rarely surprised, but Billy disappointed me. That Daily Fail article stunned me, it can not be totally wrong.

I don’t know, maybe, maybe, I change my mind, maybe he produces something extra fabulous special or apologizes, I don’t know. It was pretty heartbreaking to me.

It somehow took my mind away from the ridiculousness of “Staphanie“ and her sex pest son latest stay in Venice. What a pair of idiots, at least you all made me laugh and I even watched the latest Patreon video (thank you @tuffiti ). Without sound of course, as I simply can not listen to her voice or her laughs without getting a headache.

So I wanted to share a trailer of an amazing film “Pane e Tulipani“ (Bread and Tulips) a romantic comedy of real life in the deep veins of Venice. However, since it is an Italian movie and it was released in 2000, I couldn’t find any decent trailers… this is the best I got. If anyone wants to watch it, it is about real people in real Venezia with the great Bruno Ganz.

If you're still watching the con Fanny I don't know why you'd stop watching Billy.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I respect your opinion and views on the latest reveal with Billy and Gwen. We’re all human. From Billy and Gwen’s perspective, this happened years ago, they’ve been to court, paid restitution, and moved on. For the rest of us, this is a surprise that we’re still processing; we haven’t had the benefit of time to fully comprehend and absorb what happened. A couple of things bother me about the latest headline…this is the second “shocker” concerning Billy (the first was his military desertion)…is there more to come? And, even bigger picture, what does something like this say about YouTube and influencers?

Looking back, how did Billy, Gwen, and Michael even get thrust into the spotlight of the chateauverse? A lot of it was luck…happened by chance. Michael submitted their information and biography to Channel 4 and the Pethericks were picked to participate on the show. They were eventually dropped because Channel 4 deemed them not interesting enough (although Michael is convinced the Strawbridges had a hand in their dismissal). Michael met Stephanie through the show. Doing It Ourselves and, eventually, The Pethericks channels came about largely because they were booted from Channel 4.

Billy is now collecting a lot of money from his videos…anywhere from €10K - €12K per month. The channel’s success can be attributed to a lot of factors, one of which is that viewers relate to the people and story they watch. So, some questions that I’ve considered…does Billy have a responsibility to be forthcoming with his viewers about his past? Should viewers have that information so they can make an informed decision about whether or not they choose to continue supporting the Pethericks?

For me, it comes back to the question of transparency and accountability…not just the Pethericks, but also for others like Stephanie. How much of what we see is real or fake? Are these people who they say they are? What really happens with money that’s collected for promised renovations…or donations to charitable funds, etc? It’s complicated… I don’t have the answers.
I'm all for making amends, paying for your sins, forgiveness, and being given the opportunity of starting over again. But in the case of the Petherick family it's a case of 'when people show you who they are the first time, believe them'. I don't care if the Petherick's are good looking. It helps to be hardworking and generous/giving, but key criteria I use to judge people includes are they trustworthy, responsible, kind and honest.

Ma Petherick is a nasty piece of work. Sadie has apparently posted vile, racist insults. Billy went AWOL and he and his wealthy, apparently blind, common-law-wife Gwendoline are convicted thieves. They didn't just steal from churches once, but 40 times. Michael grifted $30K+ for renovations but instead disappeared and blew it all on Spanish bathhouse orgies and luxury living.

Either the Pethrick's ignore the situation altogether (ex: Billy never addressed being AWOL & I suspect he won't address this conviction as well), or they try to justify their delinquent behaviour with some flimsy excuse & tears: I was young, I was depressed, my step-sister had died, I've diagnosed myself with ADHD, I didn't know what Billy was doing because I sat in the car studying....blah, blah, blah.

In my book the Petherick's are not good people (and that goes for Fanny too!)

• Heart
Reactions: 44
UPDATED DAILY MAIL TALLY:

I used to quite like Stephanie until she started all that. She certainly does live a life of luxury the chateau , a flat in London, holidays every couple of months , I dont understand the people who donate . And dont even get me started on the boyfriend who got used to spending other peoples money very quickly . He was the last straw for me.
64 up votes
2 downvotes ( philip must have convinced Marie to down vote for him.

girly, South, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
What about Stephanie Jarvis ? Begging for money online, while living a life of luxury. She should be in jail!
157 up votes
23 downvotes

girly, South, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
@ordinair Stephanie is a friend of the Pethericks. Another chateau YouTuber. Cry poverty, ask money for her geriatric American viewers that think she is renovating a national monument, and spend thousands on herself. Year barely started and 3 luxury holidays, another 2/3 holidays booked for the next couple of months, Chanel bags, Dior dresses , louboutin and so on.
78 up votes
3 down votes

DnA Flynn, Dublin, Ireland, 13 hours ago
The "Adopt a Star" fundraiser to restore their privately owned St. Joseph's chapel is shockingly inappropriate. We're talking about a PRIVATELY OWNED chapel in PRIVATE grounds that the public will not be able to visit without permission as it's situated in private grounds.
29 upvotes
1 down vote

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Ashley Adams and Johnny Darko appear to be still ensconsed at the unsold Chateau de Lomenie.

Here Darko goes for his side piece.
View attachment 2743037

Action begins @1:47:
Oy....very cringeworthy moment in that vlog, around the 8:00 mark. It's the day after the party, Stephanie is sitting in what appears to be a hallway in a ginormous chair that looks sort of like a throne (maybe it is a throne?). She comments something to the effect of how Isabelle would die if Stephanie had one of these chairs and says "Where do we get one?" and Michael says "well, just take that one".

Too soon?

1707356691411.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
If you're still watching the con Fanny I don't know why you'd stop watching Billy.
I'm still watching to see the con Fanny's downfall and would miss our little family of haters, menopausal hags, trolls, hellhounds, nasty witches, gobshites, snide cows, non-menopausal hags and esteemed tattlers.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
after a few days of taking in, everything that has taken place with Billy,I have a few thoughts. I have really enjoyed his channel and restoration of the convent. It is one of my most favorite you tube channels. I have admired him for the way he has given employment to so many.. simon, yannis in particular, sean, rick, and the moons. not to mention various contractors in the area.. electricians, plumbers, carpenters. He has offered apartments to his family, and to ryan. He also started a very successful go fund me for the church in england where he got the organ. He also has restored this derelict convent, which attracted squatters, and I only imagine that this restoration has increased property values in the area.

He has also taken care of his family the best way he knows how, the latest thing is having simon and yannis help out his grandfather.

Now i fully realize the awol charge, and the theft.. i get it.. and i dont condone it at all. Having said that Billy and Gwen have paid their fines, have undoubtedly suffered from the stress of all of this not to mention the blow their reputation has taken. Its time to move on, they have paid their debt to society, and I for one will continue to watch the channel.
I like Billy and Gwen also. His is just about the only vlog I watch anymore. I do enjoy Amanda and Lincoln, too. And the Beau Chateau. Other than these I don't actively search out. I have, in the past, watched a few others but the vloggers irritate me so much that, if I do watch, I do it on mute because their voices or their laughs annoy me so much. The girl restoring their apartment on Lake Como and the girl renovating in Everdeen...both of them laugh at everything coming out of their mouths and their laughter makes my chest hurt because they laugh by sucking in like they're trying to breathe in. It's hard to explain but I just can't listen to them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
FOUND IT! Thank you again @Bogue de Juin - I was able to google and was pointed to an article on Substack (her name is Karen Horne), which lead me to her Instagram page, where I saw the posts about the refrigerator. After scrolling through her Instagram, I was able to find the post I (allegedly) made a screenshot of. Yep, Anna from Chateau LaGorce and she run Dream French Properties - although this is from 2021, is Anna still involved?

View attachment 2742639

View attachment 2742650

There was a little video, too, with Anna looking a bit like she was in a hostage video in the March 2021 post, helping to announce their YouTube channel.
There were a few posts about the channel when it initially launched in April 2021 (glossing over the fact that it was me who shared the link to the channel’s launch video!)

Anna’s involvement obviously petered out.

https://tattle.life/posts/4486645/

https://tattle.life/posts/4489823/

https://tattle.life/posts/4500551/

https://tattle.life/posts/45009

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.