The Chateau Diaries #288 Stephanie has the life everyone dreams of and everyone else pays for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only watch three channels now Amanda and Lincoln who I really like, The Smugs (who I like sometimes and sometimes find so bloody Smug) and then of course Fanny who I used to really like until I realised quite early on is a lying, swindling narc
Those are also the only two chateauverse channels I follow currently although I'm on the fence with The Smugs. I think they are going to make a life change soon and want to be there for it.

What is the Dream French Properties lady's name?

Awhile back, I took a screenshot of something she posted on her personal page because it showed up on my feed for whatever reason. I can't find the screenshot now! At the time, she was having issues with her house in England, she'd had her refrigerator delivered after hanging up the kitchen cabinets and the refrigerator was too tall - she was concerned she'd have to redesign her whole kitchen. Anyhow, I checked back in a couple of days later and she had resolved the issue (can't remember how)...but then I saw a very curious post from her, the one I took a screenshot of and now can't find - she is thanking Anna from Bourdeax Life for her friendship AND from what it sounded like, for starting Dream French Properties with her! Is this a known thing or am I dreaming??
I believe they made it to Lalande for Easter one year as well. Not sure what her surname is but on the Chateau DIY website, they are identified as Karen and Paul from Chateau La Perriere (https://chateaudiy.com/karen_paul-chateau_la_perriere/)

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The half-sister was from Mick's previous relationship, the disabled brother (Justin?) is Sherrie's son from before she hitched up with Mick and Billy, Teabag and Sadie are Mick and Sherrie's children.
I think the mystery brother made an appearance in Sadie's Halloween vlog. He appears for a hot second in a kitchen scene.
1707334844656.png

• Wow
think the mystery brother made an appearance in Sadie's Halloween vlog.
He used to have a FB account but this was closed at the same time as Sadi and Ma closed theirs. I believe he lived in the Manchester area for a while and that Teabag was there around the same time. I don't remember what he looked like.

Reactions: 19
Those are also the only two chateauverse channels I follow currently although I'm on the fence with The Smugs. I think they are going to make a life change soon and want to be there for it.

I believe they made it to Lalande for Easter one year as well. Not sure what her surname is but on the Chateau DIY website, they are identified as Karen and Paul from Chateau La Perriere (https://chateaudiy.com/karen_paul-chateau_la_perriere/)
Yes the Smug's will sell in the next year or so

Reactions: 23
She looks so different, did she get a face lift too? her eyebrows/eyes are different too.
---

Is she a 'half-sister' too? Where was the relation to the step-sister that died?
Sadie has come a long way since then. Her tweets were unforgivable and disgusting. She’s straightlaced herself a bit since then.
I only watched a couple of her video efforts. One fannying about Paris on a scooter where she didn’t have a clue about what she was talking about, and my favourite, a video where she was sitting inside her car outside “Grand Frais” -a well known pretty high end grocer chain in France- and called it “Big Strawberry” then went on to say that she had no idea why it was called big strawberry. How we laughed. I went back to show the video to my long suffering French husband and, lo and behold. … “Big strawberry “ had been edited out.
I knew they were wrong’uns from that moment on 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I just viewed the latest Petherick vlog and Ma P is doing an excellent job scrubbing the comments as not a word about anything .

I was more shocked by this recent Petherick scandal than the Fanny /Phi/Phi are together news. I wonder when the authorities first got wind of Billster's pilfering. I also would have expected Bilster to have been a little more clever than to sell stolen items to someone knowing that they were going to be posted on Ebay.
I know!
He's just not that bright, I guess. The Daily Mail article also went through the desertion charge and how he was finally "caught". A couple of commenters on the Daily Mail article pointed out how stupid Billy was to be a deserter, hide out in France to avoid being caught.......only to appear on a British TV show, which is why he was even caught in the first place!
---

Thank you - that helps! I will find that screenshot I took, somewhere on my laptop. Unfortunately, I don't name my screenshots, so this will be a task (and also a lesson about why I should name my screenshots!). I know it's still there somewhere, though, because I've recently cleaned my files and I'm pretty sure I saw it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Morning all ..........is Fanny in jail yet ?

Thankyou for the new thread ComtesseRose !! 💋

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
FOUND IT! Thank you again @Bogue de Juin - I was able to google and was pointed to an article on Substack (her name is Karen Horne), which lead me to her Instagram page, where I saw the posts about the refrigerator. After scrolling through her Instagram, I was able to find the post I (allegedly) made a screenshot of. Yep, Anna from Chateau LaGorce and she run Dream French Properties - although this is from 2021, is Anna still involved?

1707338614043.png

1707338925205.png

There was a little video, too, with Anna looking a bit like she was in a hostage video in the March 2021 post, helping to announce their YouTube channel.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I just watched Perasmile's latest stating the micro mosaics brooches are only made in Italy. A quick google several found several Chinese "artisans" so when shopping online sites let the buyer beware!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
after a few days of taking in, everything that has taken place with Billy,I have a few thoughts. I have really enjoyed his channel and restoration of the convent. It is one of my most favorite you tube channels. I have admired him for the way he has given employment to so many.. simon, yannis in particular, sean, rick, and the moons. not to mention various contractors in the area.. electricians, plumbers, carpenters. He has offered apartments to his family, and to ryan. He also started a very successful go fund me for the church in england where he got the organ. He also has restored this derelict convent, which attracted squatters, and I only imagine that this restoration has increased property values in the area.

He has also taken care of his family the best way he knows how, the latest thing is having simon and yannis help out his grandfather.

Now i fully realize the awol charge, and the theft.. i get it.. and i dont condone it at all. Having said that Billy and Gwen have paid their fines, have undoubtedly suffered from the stress of all of this not to mention the blow their reputation has taken. Its time to move on, they have paid their debt to society, and I for one will continue to watch the channel.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I can't see Steve and Sarah Shrek making much money out of their workshop or retreat events, but haven't they both still got the capacity to earn from from their work-from-home jobs? She works in IT and he in graphic design and they've both mentioned being busy with that at times. They seem to have made a nice life for themselves in France and integrated into the local community so I can see them staying, but perhaps downsizing in due course.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
FOUND IT! Thank you again @Bogue de Juin - I was able to google and was pointed to an article on Substack (her name is Karen Horne), which lead me to her Instagram page, where I saw the posts about the refrigerator. After scrolling through her Instagram, I was able to find the post I (allegedly) made a screenshot of. Yep, Anna from Chateau LaGorce and she run Dream French Properties - although this is from 2021, is Anna still involved?

View attachment 2742639

View attachment 2742650

There was a little video, too, with Anna looking a bit like she was in a hostage video in the March 2021 post, helping to announce their YouTube channel.
See Nikki of Howarth and Marie Wiik fame liked, Incabellablog, what happened to her ??

• Heart
I can't see Steve and Sarah Shrek making much money out of their workshop or retreat events, but haven't they both still got the capacity to earn from from their work-from-home jobs? She works in IT and he in graphic design and they've both mentioned being busy with that at times. They seem to have made a nice life for themselves in France and integrated into the local community so I can see them staying, but perhaps downsizing in due course.
I haven't faithfully watched them in the past year or so, but I remember Steve mentioning several times that he still works at the job he had in Canada. He can do it remotely and has made mention of the fact that the time difference can be a bit rough. I checked LinkedIn and it appears to still be the case.

Gotta laugh at his page, though - "Design isn't what I do, it's what I live". Yeah, if that house is any example at all, you're quite the designer, Steve!

1707342419979.png

1707342606290.png

1707342541816.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25

View attachment 2742639

View attachment 2742650

What happened to the likely lad who danced outside at a party with MP in his red dinner jacket him and his American girlfriend looked at a raft of chateaux. This woman was a nightmare

• Haha
Reactions: 16
after a few days of taking in, everything that has taken place with Billy,I have a few thoughts. I have really enjoyed his channel and restoration of the convent. It is one of my most favorite you tube channels. I have admired him for the way he has given employment to so many.. simon, yannis in particular, sean, rick, and the moons. not to mention various contractors in the area.. electricians, plumbers, carpenters. He has offered apartments to his family, and to ryan. He also started a very successful go fund me for the church in england where he got the organ. He also has restored this derelict convent, which attracted squatters, and I only imagine that this restoration has increased property values in the area.

He has also taken care of his family the best way he knows how, the latest thing is having simon and yannis help out his grandfather.

Now i fully realize the awol charge, and the theft.. i get it.. and i dont condone it at all. Having said that Billy and Gwen have paid their fines, have undoubtedly suffered from the stress of all of this not to mention the blow their reputation has taken. Its time to move on, they have paid their debt to society, and I for one will continue to watch the channel.
I agree with you - I would be extremely hesitant to believe any slant the Daily Mail puts on a story too, just look at what has been published about the Harkles and what a wonderful charitable couple they are *rolls eyes* (although that worm is turning I see). This newspaper is a Tabloid and should be treated with caution.
My sister lived in Liverpool for ages so I've heard the stories about Irish Travelers and the dodgy shite they get up to, not paying taxes, terribly misogynistic culture, no education, leaving camping sites in an absolute mess with human excrement everywhere etc - but if the Pethericks are Traveler/gypsy stock, they shouldn't be pre-judged for it; that's unconscious bias at best, racism at worst.
Some of my work involves working with people who have been in the Justice system - it is a huge barrier to employment. Luckily there are many employers who are keen to give people second chances etc - and theft from over 10 years ago, already punished and dealt with, is one of the least offensive convictions believe you me. If we don't 'forgive' or move on, what is the alternative anyways? The person doesn't move on with their life and stuck on state benefits/support for the rest of their lives or goes back to criminal behaviour - the rest of us will pay for it if this happens.
This place can become a tad myopic at times - commenting on peoples teeth, hair, weight etc - and leaping to judgment or deciding what has been happening without knowing at all. Speculation is key - we can speculate but making it clear it is but a guess.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.