The Chateau Diaries #287 Fanny either has a new found interest in rebar & cement, or she's in heat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, we didn't have to "notice" the brooch....they themselves pointed it out......a gift from Vivienne of Chateau Love. Stephanie said it was fitting to be wearing it since they were Venice.
ETA: Unless she had more than one brooch.....I haven't watched today's video yet.
I think those mosaic brooches are actually made in Venice. I remember being there many, many years ago and they were in all the souvenir shops and market stalls and were cheap to buy. Maybe it's different now, or did Viv pick one up for next to nothing and give it to Fanny? That red coat and awful hat don't do her any favours.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I adore this series ❤
His family have lived in Venice for over a thousand years.. No high pitched vibe from wonderful Francesco...

Fanny interviewed his wife on one vlog. She (Jane da Mosto) is British and heads a charity to save Venice. Fanny contributed to it, presumably from the gift grab funds. Fanny liked being associated with an aristocratic Italian family.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Whenever you think it couldn't get any worse, she proves you wrong. Their table manners are simply shameful. If someone doesn't know any better or is uneducated, I can perhaps ignore it (but in times of YouTube you can actually get information and training about everything for free if you're interested). But these two, who act like they belong to the European nobility, shovel pasta like a pig and fill leftover wine into the water bottle. Top notch, very deep gutter.

Apparently she buys the great Venetian lampshades in the same store every year but can't find it? Was she even in the store or was she stuffing herself with krapfen (donuts) while Phiphi spent half a fortune? Have the two of them actually drunk off the last active brain cell?

No surprise that Auntie and Uncle are back, we have already seen their car in Marie's photo. I suspected that Auntie had taken down the Christmas decorations in the kitchen.

It's interesting that Amaury can suddenly speak clearly when it's not the pink phone but the Nattycam.

Nobody went ahead with the fence at the tennis court either. And there is still a lot left from the last plant delivery. I'm curious to see how many of them survived. Nattycam next time pls show more!

So the two lovebirds are on vacation again. I would be surprised if she puts on her usual Easter spectacle with Easter egg hunt this year. No friends left and the land of lies is more under construction than ever. Well done Amaury, you can only burn the place down - oh that's not possible either, as damp as it is there it will only be smoke and no fire.

Adopt a match and a gas can. Burn witch burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The bad table manners is it because she's use to being fed?
1707216349191.png

That lamp shade shop is an artisan made tourist shop, by the looks of the reviews. We know they don't do cheap and it won't be.

It really pisses me off to think Aumary and Nutty are off on hols again, when we only manage one a year due to work. That's the reason why they don't tell her to shove it, it's a good earner, money for old rope.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
Is Fanny extra manic in today’s video? Having a race with Snorts in the airport?
The gruesome twosome had weeks to remove the manger and other crap they stuffed into the chapel for Christmas. Fanny ran out to the chapel many times yet never cleared out one item. They are truly useless grifters.

Why does she think her alone in bed shots in negligee is attractive? Again, Gerry in a negligee. Gross.

Notice Fanny is promoting her grand tour channel at the end of the video. Guess Camilla and Ollie cut off travels with my skanky friend.
Her hips are not arthritic....arthritic hips do not react to spontaneous burst of movement, they do not take kindly to being forced to move quickly. They are restricted to sudden mobility spurts. If travelling gives her anxiety then why does she always leave everthing to the last minute and knowing they are running late, then add to the anxiety with additional last minute jaunts? With 2 minutes to spare they leg it to catch the water taxi, with no consideration for the 'taxi driver' . She really does believe the world revolves around her.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
It's crazy that the Nutties are going on holiday again now. To any other hosting establishment it would make sense to do all the noisy carpentry jobs whilst they have no paying guests. But good on them for what looks like cocking a snook at Fanny and doing whatever they want these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
OK silly prediction regarding Venice. In a couple of years time after she's siphoned enough money from her CD suckers, she buys her palazzo in Venice, ditches Snorts and turns LaLaLand over to Amaury and starts a new grift channel about her restoring her "new" digs. Thoughts?
I wonder if she will ditch Snorts, she would if she had any sense. Clara said there was a plan to do so but we don't know if that's the case. Her longest relationship seems to be the Potts one which lasted for 10 years so Snorts has quite a few years left to match that. I wonder if she will keep him as, because of his age, stupidity, and ignorance, she can easily control him. He is also, not only an enabler when it comes to her spending disorder, but he actively encourages it as he has a similar acquisitive gene. Potts may not be too bright but, as he is so in with Mummy and Nic, I guess he would not be quite so supportive of her wanton spending. He has also pointed out work that needed to be done on the building, but she ignored that. Snorty is even stupider and weaker than Potts and Nic and he will happily let her do whatever she wants.
---
The half lampshades that the shopaholic duo purchased from the mystery discount store on fortuny fabrics usually runs about $150.00 or so per shade ( without taxes, shipping, etc ) So if they don’t tell the truth and show a receipt, they usually are lying. So 8 half lampshades x the average price $150.00 is $1200 for 8 unnecessary, ugly half lamp shades for a farmhouse dining room OR 24 $50 4 pointed chapel stars. What else did the greedy shopping addicts buy in Venice? What about Vienna? They shopped nonstop and then went home to their routinely abandoned 50% discount grifted dog, Ratso.View attachment 2738773
How can anybody possibly believe that all the spending comes from her own YT income or other personal funds? It's just not possible. The patrons are literally watching their own money being spent, every single day, on one person's personal enjoyment and loads of unnecessary fripperies, or rather, two people's. How can they watch that and not see for themselves how their hard earned money is disappearing and not being used in the way they intended?
---
@mandyedgar4663
1 hour ago
I would have packed the Chapel thing's and moved them right at the beginning

Not being able to access the Sacristy was part of the gruesome twosome’s scripted storyline.
In today’s video, it was scripted that they didn’t know where the lampshade place was located, all of the rushing to get out of the hotel, the. “race” at the airport, etc.
I also think we are just shown a small fraction of the shopping and spending sprees. I bet there's a huge haul of goodies going back to France.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Amury the master carpenter with a to do list as long as both arms is off on holiday again!!!! There are now only 52 days to Good Friday but that's only 37 working days (she cannot make him work 7 days a week). NOT A SNOWBALLS CHANCE IN HELL OF LALANDE BEING ANYWAY READY FOR GUESTS.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Why would I invest money into a chateau that is not going to give me a return of investment?

Oh that's right it was never my money to start with!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
It really pisses me off to think Aumary and Nutty are off on hols again, when we only manage one a year due to work. That's the reason why they don't tell her to shove it, it's a good earner, money for old rope.
Off on another holiday !
Oh those two work soooooooo hard JackSpratt ! :rolleyes:
Good thing they don't have their own business like we did - holidays? What's that ????
I would hate to work for Fanny but then again .............. mucho holidays and money for nothing . :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Did Stephanie purchase a $3,000+ orange leather duffle bag by Louis Vuitton travel bag or is it from another designer. Take a look on the luggage cart. The yellow diaper bags makes a reappearance.
She must buy luggage every time she travels. I use the same trusted travel holdal that I've had for 30 years. It's sturdy enough to withstand airport manhandling and being tossed in and out of car boots and accommodation. And because we have been together so long, my holdal and I, I know what fits and how it packs. I am loath to change it. This may go some way to explain her burgeoning bag collection when she travels. She doesn't travel smart. She doesn't pack smart. She reminds me of my m.i.l. She took everything, including the kitchen sink, when she went away on holiday. My f.i.l. would have to attach a trailer just to accommodate all her baggage tit. Messy mind, messy house, messy life!

• Heart
Off on another holiday !
Oh those two work soooooooo hard JackSpratt ! :rolleyes:
Good thing they don't have their own business like we did - holidays? What's that ????
I would hate to work for Fanny but then again .............. mucho holidays and money for nothing . :unsure:
It's only been in the last few years I've actually managed to get Mr Spratt to take a holiday!

They wouldn't know a days hard work if it came and slapped them in the face and I mean hard physical work. Bloody Aumary only seems to be able to do so much and that's working at his own speed , not to a time scale alongside other trades.

None of the planned works will be ready for the holiday season and if they are it's bodge job city there.

I still have a feeling the seasons going to get cancelled because nothing is complete, she's running out of usable spaces and she couldn't give a toss either.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Carpenter Cuz is going on another trip. What a joke.
I don’t actually object to Amaury and Natty going away on holiday. Because, frankly, if you had to deal with Despicable fanny and Thrush 24/7 you would take any opportunity to get away. And whilst they may have their teeny, tiny house away from the dump I bet they are constantly called as well as having to spend their working days in that freezing cold and damp shithole.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think PhiPhi has had issue after issue throughout his life. This is being channeled into snarky, childish behaviour in his late twenties. Perhaps he is using alcohol as a coping mechanism?
I suspect Snorty’s issue throughout his life has been his snarky, childish, entitled, spoiled, know-it-all and lazy behaviour. He’s insecure and desperate to fit in and find acceptance, so Snorty drinks because those around him do. Honestly, except for Fanny, how many people do you know have a bar in almost every room of their home, including their bedroom? Oncle always has a glass in hand. Amuary has multiple beers a day. They are always travelling, partying and in social occasions where liquor is the norm. Snorty needs detox, not another set of porcelain!
---
Eight lampshades bought at the last minute of the Venetian sojourn but no curtain fringie shopping while there?

Armoire was clearing out the Sacristy in the chapel. I suppose SJ simply didn’t bother to get the key to the wrought iron gates when she and the prancing twerp were thwarted in their attempts to investigate the “decorative wall light” (the sacristy lamp).

That black beret does Steff no favours and looked ridiculous. She has a very peculiar dress sense. Correction: she has no dress sense.
They purchased those 8 lampshades earlier in their trip, but that small shop likely had to order extra in. Snorty and Fanny were simply returning to the shop to pick up their pre-ordered items because there was a rush order to deliver before they left Venice.

Last edited:
  • Heart
The half lampshades that the shopaholic duo purchased from the mystery discount store on fortuny fabrics usually runs about $150.00 or so per shade ( without taxes, shipping, etc ) So if they don’t tell the truth and show a receipt, they usually are lying. So 8 half lampshades x the average price $150.00 is $1200 for 8 unnecessary, ugly half lamp shades for a farmhouse dining room OR 24 $50 4 pointed chapel stars. What else did the greedy shopping addicts buy in Venice? What about Vienna? They shopped nonstop and then went home to their routinely abandoned 50% discount grifted dog, Ratso.View attachment 2738773
What else did the greedy shopping addicts buy? Thrush's nasty girl gloves? I know we have seen Despicable fanny wearing red leather gloves before but those don't look that old and Vienna, and Venice, do have a wonderful leather industry!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
@graciemckitten
I have looked at thousands of travel bags and my conclusion is the following: I present to you Fanny's bag.
The bag has no price because it is from some previous collections, but you have one just for comparison.
Didn't she once go to a Mullbury sample sale in a London hotel some years back. Bought herself (or rather patreons) a rather nice cabas style to carry her laptop and notebooks when travelling. No doubt she's on their mailing list.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Amury the master carpenter with a to do list as long as both arms is off on holiday again!!!! There are now only 52 days to Good Friday but that's only 37 working days (she cannot make him work 7 days a week). NOT A SNOWBALLS CHANCE IN HELL OF LALANDE BEING ANYWAY READY FOR GUESTS.
They have a bit more time for the B&B bedrooms to be brought up to something vaguely resembling readiness for the season. Good Friday is 29th March. According to the availability calendar on the Lalande website, bookings are being taken from Thursday, 11th April.

Scrolling through the calendar, the bookings look very healthy. Ambiguous, really, as accommodation is only available Thurs to Sun. The website gives the impression those rooms are nearly fully booked for the whole season, based on 7 nights per week occupancy. It looks good on paper, doesn’t it? Such a popular place to stay!

No doubt the snagging list, which never gets any shorter as it’s never completed from year to year, will be fudged once again. The chances are infinitesimal that Steff, who has the attention span of a gnat, will pull her finger out and complete the rejigged curtains, etc for Bonne Maman.

Reactions: 21
It's crazy that the Nutties are going on holiday again now. To any other hosting establishment it would make sense to do all the noisy carpentry jobs whilst they have no paying guests. But good on them for what looks like cocking a snook at Fanny and doing whatever they want these days.
I’m not convinced the trip to Bali was a regularly scheduled vacation, but rather an ‘emergency’ holiday after Christipher Frey’s death, because Amaury was so shell-shocked. I wonder if Fanny even paid for the Bali trip just so Amuary remains at the shitoo and ‘onside’, atleast for this B&B season. With Pavlina and Maria leaving Fanny couldn’t afford for Natti and Amuary to defect too at this time.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.