The Chateau Diaries #285 Fannys's next scam Buy me a soul and some friends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations on your VIPness, @On Repeat.

Hoe down in the fish shack tonight, entrance to the left, bien sur, of the VIP lounge, all are welcome.

Since Fanny made the cassoulet, Languedoc is the forum's most recent culinary frontier, and I've tried to find Languedoc recipes for what's in season in France. Curiously, Larousse lists dozens of Languedoc specialities, like deep-fried salsify caramelized with sugar, for which I can find no recipes online.

It's a fish heavy menu. Tis the season for fresh anchovies, which I could not resist as an appetizer served au gratin. Fresh oysters half shell or any way you like them also in season were very tempting. You can make the saffron-baked potatoes without fish, but I don't think they'd have the same stank. Languedoc is famously not the land of cream and butter, so cookies made with olive oil and an abstemious transmontane Catalan creme brulee made with whole milk provide a more Mediterranean diet than food in French latitudes to the north. I include this list of what's available in the farmers' markets in January as first, menu inspo to dream on, and an indication of the stingy, cheap and timid supermarket meat and produce Jarvis and Lalande hew to. There are kumquats out there. Litchis and bream, a world of fresh water fish, chestnuts and clochard potatoes and pumpkins. Truffles are cheaper and better in January, and you wouldn't be wrong to throw everything else out and just have a truffle omelette for your party.

But this is the fish shack, mama.

Fresh Collioure Anchovies, Au Gratin
Barbecued Langoustines with Aioli
Bouillinade, Saffron-Baked Potatoes, with or without Moar Fish
Deep Fried Salsify (Traditional dish listed by Larousse, caramelized with sugar)
Thinly Sliced Medallions of Orange and Red Onion Salad, atop Escarole, Frisee, Oakleaf Winter Lettuce,
Kumquat Dressing
Creme Catalan, Orange Zest and Cinnamon, Olive Oil and Wine Cookies

And then we will perform line dancing in matching outfits, the traditional folk dance of the ancient kingdoms of Languedoc. Party down!
I'm honoured, thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
So is this dressmaker, (couldn't call her a designer), famous? Which other nobody wears her clothes? The photos which have posted here are hideous.
2 shops, one in Vienna and one in Graz, so they are doing just fine.
Thanks for the tip, it's really interesting to see good English style after so much exposure to bad French style. The basket of potatoes in the Regency dining room, ting ting. Curated, useful, previously owned by great grandpa stuff. No somebody else's random Emmaus stuff.
---

Is she going to be one of those people who starts to see Jesus' face on her tortilla?
well, some of us saw male reproductive organ.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I think the manager is on her case about positing on IG and most likely someone else is managing her account.
Also, ton and tan haven’t been to Vienna… ever… and you took them in January? Talk about passive aggressive 😂

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
How many picnic benches does Dan need at Crispy Chateau?
At least one more...
---
I think the manager is on her case about positing on IG and most likely someone else is managing her account.
Also, ton and tan haven’t been to Vienna… ever… and you took them in January? Talk about passive aggressive 😂

Are we seeing new bedroom wear? Doesn’t look like 100 stars usual collection.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Fanny took that housecoat horror out of Mildreds wardrobe, how Old is she 100 ?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

She looks positively insipid! And fully photoshopped! Golly it must be a shock to go from looking at your virtual image to seeing yourself in a mirror!😇

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Next vlog all about the up grade to the Royal Suite with Butler Service. NO UPGRADE on Ryanair
Palace Appartments of owner Prince Phillipp

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
Hanni had a good time at Hotel Imperial in 2019. Click on kikigee’s post

---
It was probably Philip's grandmother's robe!
Or, I don't know, maybe his grandfather's?? LOL!
Looks like something she would receive in the grift grab.
---
Her robe looks like she made it out of some ruffled curtains Snorts purchased at Emmaus.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm sorry to be vulgar and graphic, but I just have to! So he pulls on his jeans, adjusts his gear to one side, crams in his phone for extra bulge. Does he wear underpants to get that affect?
If you put that photo on full screen it is nasty. I really can't believe that Pheeph is a sex addict, at least he would be firing blanks after torturing his genitals that way.
If you mean 'squeezing' as torturing, you could be right, but as I pop my mob in my bra all the time, I double checked with a few oncologists and they said there is zero evidence that mobile phones cause cancer tumours, no matter where you store them. (phew).

Reactions: 17
I too would love to know who is paying for the courses. Also, if she's taking some courses, why not all and divisify her abilities - although "jack of all trades, master of none" come to mind, she might get a basic understanding about each aspect of the courses/cuisines.

Another thing; yes the food pictures are stunning, but tutors have prepped her mise en place, an instructor is showing her how to do it. She hasn't had to source her ingredients, it's all there for her, all she has to do is assemble it. As I've said before I'm curious to see when the training wheels come off. Better yet, when she has to adhere to Fanny's budget and buy ingredients in French at the local supermarket I'd doubt she knows how to ask for fifteen filets of sole. Not to mention lack of appliances at Lalande.

Lastly, while the one-day courses sound fun and achievable and relatively low cost (£199), but the curiculum is there in plain black and white. E.g. the one day patisserie course includes choux pastry. I can google how to make choux pastry, I can watch YouTube videos on how to make choux pastry. While Ashburton sounds fun, I'd much rather do the workshops at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris (Yep, I'm elitist), while pricier (Traditional Bread Baking course is €540) the Le Cordon Bleu name just holds a bigger gravitas. I know we make fun of Stuart, but she can whip something out of nothing, and have just landed herself a gig at some Reality TV cooking school.

Rant over.

All true. As to the question ’who is paying’? I think if it were Fanny, either Fanny or Marie would have said so.

i may be projecting my own inclinations, but Marie’s Mother had a lengthy visit. She must’ve seen and heard all. Maybe too much. Now, if that were my daughter, we would have had some constructive conversations. Perhaps Marie confided her culinary school hopes and said that was what she wanted to do with her life. Maybe the Mom has come through for her and funded her aspirations.

Reactions: 21
The Moons magical journey continues they put up an Amazon Wishlist for the horses, yes horses Fanny not themselves and within an hour it had all been bought, well done them. They continue with magical moments of viewers pets around the world which their children love at the end of every vlog, SO polar opposite to Fanny, CHMN and Chateau Diaries.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.