The Chateau Diaries #285 Fannys's next scam Buy me a soul and some friends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations on your VIPness, @On Repeat.

Hoe down in the fish shack tonight, entrance to the left, bien sur, of the VIP lounge, all are welcome.

Since Fanny made the cassoulet, Languedoc is the forum's most recent culinary frontier, and I've tried to find Languedoc recipes for what's in season in France. Curiously, Larousse lists dozens of Languedoc specialities, like deep-fried salsify caramelized with sugar, for which I can find no recipes online.

It's a fish heavy menu. Tis the season for fresh anchovies, which I could not resist as an appetizer served au gratin. Fresh oysters half shell or any way you like them also in season were very tempting. You can make the saffron-baked potatoes without fish, but I don't think they'd have the same stank. Languedoc is famously not the land of cream and butter, so cookies made with olive oil and an abstemious transmontane Catalan creme brulee made with whole milk provide a more Mediterranean diet than food in French latitudes to the north. I include this list of what's available in the farmers' markets in January as first, menu inspo to dream on, and an indication of the stingy, cheap and timid supermarket meat and produce Jarvis and Lalande hew to. There are kumquats out there. Litchis and bream, a world of fresh water fish, chestnuts and clochard potatoes and pumpkins. Truffles are cheaper and better in January, and you wouldn't be wrong to throw everything else out and just have a truffle omelette for your party.

But this is the fish shack, mama.

Fresh Collioure Anchovies, Au Gratin
Barbecued Langoustines with Aioli
Bouillinade, Saffron-Baked Potatoes, with or without Moar Fish
Deep Fried Salsify (Traditional dish listed by Larousse, caramelized with sugar)
Thinly Sliced Medallions of Orange and Red Onion Salad, atop Escarole, Frisee, Oakleaf Winter Lettuce,
Kumquat Dressing
Creme Catalan, Orange Zest and Cinnamon, Olive Oil and Wine Cookies

And then we will perform line dancing in matching outfits, the traditional folk dance of the ancient kingdoms of Languedoc. Party down!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
View attachment 2702360

View attachment 2702340View attachment 2702352
View attachment 2702321
THE LATEST DUMP ACCOUNT THAT ATTACKS PEOPLE AND PLANTS GUSHING COMMENTS ABOUT SNORTS AND FANNY , NOW PRETENDING TO BE FROM OKLAHOMA. ( similar to Caroline Gooder pretending to be from the United States).
@kindlydude

12 hours ago
In Oklahoma, after five years (or is it three?) the state considers a couple well and truly married... so in Oklahoma they've already "jumped the broom, "taken the plunge", "gotten hitched", and "tied the knot". With those kinds of idioms, no wonder people get "cold feet

View attachment 2702396
About Tanner Gruene, Jared's husband...
I am a CPA specializing in Audit/Attestation. In addition to my background in Accounting, I have experience in commercial credit underwriting and consumer lending/banking. I am a graduate of the University of Central Oklahoma (B.S. Science, Accounting) and OC (Masters of Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting).
Idiot needs to do a little research before they become legal scholars. It’s 10 years for common law marriages and Oklahoma has the most convoluted status of any state that has recognized it. Their system is totally fecked. There are so many multiple dates claimed for abolishing common law recognition even state agencies can’t unequivocally agree! Here’s where it gets interesting, guess which state agency has different recognition dates for common law marriage. Oklahoma’s taxation division. And which state agency would airy fairy Jared’s husband have dealt with at university? Yeah, exactly. KindlyDude kindly shut your gob defending and protecting the cash cow (she’s a right heifer indeed)!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I am not surprised Fanny is becoming isolated she treats people like dirt, is inhospitable and tight fisted when entertaining. I think Fanny has demonstrated on numerous occasions that she is mean spirited and spiteful-she uses people and then discards them and after a while people see through it. When the money dries up from you tube I doubt old Baghead will be there to fund her now, I think she has burnt a lot of bridges. A few years ago Natti would never have bagged Fanny off to go and see Annalise and it is evident Annalise is not kissing Fanny's flat arse anymore. The only people coming now are those who think it can benefit them like Marie with her social media presence and the same goes for Potts. Even Oli has as much killed off their travelling flogs. The Pethericks are done and I think she really damaged Michael badly because I think he believed they were firm friends. Permsmile will be back because she is as noxious as Fanny. Only YouTube fame hungry tarts will be interested in volunteering so I believe the place will stay like the Marie Celeste and the content is getting more and more lame. I for one will not be able to endure another dress up Easter.
---
this is how it's done

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
It may have been last Christmas when teacups with different captions were in the dumps stockings.
Nattys was I don’t want children. Who I wonder received the poison one. Snorts to Fanny ?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I am not surprised Fanny is becoming isolated she treats people like dirt, is inhospitable and tight fisted when entertaining. I think Fanny has demonstrated on numerous occasions that she is mean spirited and spiteful-she uses people and then discards them and after a while people see through it. When the money dries up from you tube I doubt old Baghead will be there to fund her now, I think she has burnt a lot of bridges. A few years ago Natti would never have bagged Fanny off to go and see Annalise and it is evident Annalise is not kissing Fanny's flat arse anymore. The only people coming now are those who think it can benefit them like Marie with her social media presence and the same goes for Potts. Even Oli has as much killed off their travelling flogs. The Pethericks are done and I think she really damaged Michael badly because I think he believed they were firm friends. Permsmile will be back because she is as noxious as Fanny. Only YouTube fame hungry tarts will be interested in volunteering so I believe the place will stay like the Marie Celeste and the content is getting more and more lame. I for one will not be able to endure another dress up Easter.
---
this is how it's done

She doesn't give her big costume parties any more, or have 10 of the usual suspects stay over for Christmas week. I wonder what that's about?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Idiot needs to do a little research before they become legal scholars. It’s 10 years for common law marriages and Oklahoma has the most convoluted status of any state that has recognized it. Their system is totally fecked. There are so many multiple dates claimed for abolishing common law recognition even state agencies can’t unequivocally agree! Here’s where it gets interesting, guess which state agency has different recognition dates for common law marriage. Oklahoma’s taxation division. And which state agency would airy fairy Jared’s husband have dealt with at university? Yeah, exactly. KindlyDude kindly shut your gob defending and protecting the cash cow (she’s a right heifer indeed)!
Doesn’t the relationship need to be consummated, too? If you want to induce vomiting, get that image in your head. It’s hard to unsee. Requires safety goggles.

IMG_3154.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
---
this is how it's done

Like night and day compared to Fanny's efforts, they are professional and dignified.

• Heart
She doesn't give her big costume parties any more, or have 10 of the usual suspects stay over for Christmas week. I wonder what that's about?
no one likes her and he miserly rations ha ha she needs you to show her how it's done

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I don't disagree that she seems a little light in the friend department, compared to the past. But I think parties are now being held elsewhere, maybe John's. Remember the birthday party where you got glimpses of people, I think Tess was one of them?

As people get older, the stuff they used to do in their 20's and maybe even 30's, isn't the sort of stuff they're doing in their 40's and 50's. And if they are, they've grown up enough to know they don't want it all over the internet for the world and their employers to see. Fanny's YouTube "fame" is a part of the equation they didn't have to think about back in the day - and with Tattle around, many don't want the scrutiny. Her friends that had Instagram used to have open pages....now, most are set to "private". Stephanie has even removed some of those pictures from her Instagram pages!

We see what she - and her friends - want us to see!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Congratulations on your VIPness, @On Repeat.

Hoe down in the fish shack tonight, entrance to the left, bien sur, of the VIP lounge, all are welcome.

Since Fanny made the cassoulet, Languedoc is the forum's most recent culinary frontier, and I've tried to find Languedoc recipes for what's in season in France. Curiously, Larousse lists dozens of Languedoc specialities, like deep-fried salsify caramelized with sugar, for which I can find no recipes online.

It's a fish heavy menu. Tis the season for fresh anchovies, which I could not resist as an appetizer served au gratin. Fresh oysters half shell or any way you like them also in season were very tempting. You can make the saffron-baked potatoes without fish, but I don't think they'd have the same stank. Languedoc is famously not the land of cream and butter, so cookies made with olive oil and an abstemious transmontane Catalan creme brulee made with whole milk provide a more Mediterranean diet than food in French latitudes to the north. I include this list of what's available in the farmers' markets in January as first, menu inspo to dream on, and an indication of the stingy, cheap and timid supermarket meat and produce Jarvis and Lalande hew to. There are kumquats out there. Litchis and bream, a world of fresh water fish, chestnuts and clochard potatoes and pumpkins. Truffles are cheaper and better in January, and you wouldn't be wrong to throw everything else out and just have a truffle omelette for your party.

But this is the fish shack, mama.

Fresh Collioure Anchovies, Au Gratin
Barbecued Langoustines with Aioli
Bouillinade, Saffron-Baked Potatoes, with or without Moar Fish
Deep Fried Salsify (Traditional dish listed by Larousse, caramelized with sugar)
Thinly Sliced Medallions of Orange and Red Onion Salad, atop Escarole, Frisee, Oakleaf Winter Lettuce,
Kumquat Dressing
Creme Catalan, Orange Zest and Cinnamon, Olive Oil and Wine Cookies

And then we will perform line dancing in matching outfits, the traditional folk dance of the ancient kingdoms of Languedoc. Party down!
Ah thank you @billybudd for highlighting the culinary delights of the Languedoc. Your menu is beyond mouthwatering.

I would like to suggest the rosé from Chateau Villarembert Julian, Caunes-Minervois. Their vine grow on marble and within the estate is the red marble quarry (le Carrier du Roy) which was used in both Versailles, Trianon and the opera Garnier in Paris. And when in season the cherries and apricots of the Roussillon are second to none.

May I point out that French Catalan - the Pyrenees Oriental, dept., 66 - is not in the Languedoc. It is Roussillon. It is very Spanish in it's architecture, food and lifestyle. In fact many, if not all, inhabitants of the P.O. consider themselves Spanish Catalan. And whilst French Catalan nudges into the Aude it officially doesn't reach Carcassonne, mostly coastal to Leucate (oyster land). Languedoc is Aude, Herault, nudging in to Gard to the east and nudging into Tarn to the north west. The winter dishes are hearty, made to put meat on your bones. While the spring and summer dishes are light and flavoursome - lots of shellfish, sea fish and fresh water fish. I do believe it is still the case that the dept., of Aude still has the most Michelin starred restaurants than any other department in France. The Aude, and to a certain degree the Languedoc, is a very poor (monetary wise) area. The food therefore is of the peasant type (though reinvented by said Michelin starred chefs). A forgotten place. Most foreigners pass through on their way to somewhere else. The romans called it the Carrefour du Sud with Narbonne at it's hub. The land is tough to toil. The soil either thin and sandy or heavy and clay. This is why vines and olives thrive here. The better, more nutritious soil, is in the Lauragais all around Castelnaudary. This is where the grains and pulses are grown and the flour ground. The seams of clay are massive and pottery, tile and brick making was a traditional metier. The people of the Languedoc are short, stocky and hardy built for the terrain and weather. This is rugbyland. Himself and I are positive giants by comparison and we're just average height and build by UK standards, though we appear to have bred a skinny giant!

Just a footnote - due to rising seawater temperatures the oyster trade is suffering in this area. When I could still quaff oysters they were the most delicious, almost sweet oysters I had ever tasted. Sadly, post thyroid, oysters and I no longer have a good relationship and so I no longer quaff. Though I may give steaming and poaching a go.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
MariE is not dillydallying about over the weekend. No siree. She’s signed up for the Ashburton 2 day Indian Plus course.

IMG_0346.jpeg

Good on ‘er.

Confounding expectations, she really seems to be loving every moment and making a go of buckling down to learning.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
To whoever mentioned The Abandoned Station in the previous thread: thanks a lot, their videos are great to watch!

• Heart
Reactions: 18

I'm obsessing about cassoulet, now! This is how two French chefs make it properly.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
MariE is not dillydallying about over the weekend. No siree. She’s signed up for the Ashburton 2 day Indian Plus course.
Now just imagine an Indian cuisine night at Lalande, where everybody has a runny tummy. 🤭

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came across this video and it spoke a lot about possibly why Fanny keeps many of her partners/former paramours around her...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

View attachment 2702887

Good on ‘er.

Confounding expectations, she really seems to be loving every moment and making a go of buckling down to learning.

Who of you is brave enough to tell her it’s spelled „an Indian“ and not „a Indian“?

you’ll be our hero.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Ah thank you @billybudd for highlighting the culinary delights of the Languedoc. Your menu is beyond mouthwatering.

I would like to suggest the rosé from Chateau Villarembert Julian, Caunes-Minervois. Their vine grow on marble and within the estate is the red marble quarry (le Carrier du Roy) which was used in both Versailles, Trianon and the opera Garnier in Paris. And when in season the cherries and apricots of the Roussillon are second to none.

May I point out that French Catalan - the Pyrenees Oriental, dept., 66 - is not in the Languedoc. It is Roussillon. It is very Spanish in it's architecture, food and lifestyle. In fact many, if not all, inhabitants of the P.O. consider themselves Spanish Catalan. And whilst French Catalan nudges into the Aude it officially doesn't reach Carcassonne, mostly coastal to Leucate (oyster land). Languedoc is Aude, Herault, nudging in to Gard to the east and nudging into Tarn to the north west. The winter dishes are hearty, made to put meat on your bones. While the spring and summer dishes are light and flavoursome - lots of shellfish, sea fish and fresh water fish. I do believe it is still the case that the dept., of Aude still has the most Michelin starred restaurants than any other department in France. The Aude, and to a certain degree the Languedoc, is a very poor (monetary wise) area. The food therefore is of the peasant type (though reinvented by said Michelin starred chefs). A forgotten place. Most foreigners pass through on their way to somewhere else. The romans called it the Carrefour du Sud with Narbonne at it's hub. The land is tough to toil. The soil either thin and sandy or heavy and clay. This is why vines and olives thrive here. The better, more nutritious soil, is in the Lauragais all around Castelnaudary. This is where the grains and pulses are grown and the flour ground. The seams of clay are massive and pottery, tile and brick making was a traditional metier. The people of the Languedoc are short, stocky and hardy built for the terrain and weather. This is rugbyland. Himself and I are positive giants by comparison and we're just average height and build by UK standards, though we appear to have bred a skinny giant!

Just a footnote - due to rising seawater temperatures the oyster trade is suffering in this area. When I could still quaff oysters they were the most delicious, almost sweet oysters I had ever tasted. Sadly, post thyroid, oysters and I no longer have a good relationship and so I no longer quaff. Though I may give steaming and poaching a go.
Love the region and it's on our list to return to, one of our best holidays we did so much driving about.

That's a bummer you have a problem with Oysters now. We pig out on them in the Summer.

Short and stocky, I'd fit right in!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.