Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Granola Chic

I cannot believe that Fanny and Tante did not make purchases from Loden Plankl selling mens, womens, childrens clothes, it is an old family business established in 1830. Wait for future vlogs when new clothes appear.

The Trachten fashion is timeless and makes EVERYONE who wears it look smart whatever size or shape rather like a uniform does. The dirndl dress elevates even a munster when worn correctly!
I'm not one to buy too many used clothes, but I will spring for Loden Plankl on eBay. Your right, it's timeless.

Reactions: 15

Thebirdandthefrog

Chatty Member
🎯
👇 Andie Wieringa's sketch of Philip Janssen...
View attachment 2707277
Manson's courtroom drawing...
View attachment 2707290
Charles Manson wears better and looks better than DelPHIne the douche.
The million stars question still is.
What does Scrooge Fanny see in Phiphi Manson?
That creature resembles Charles Manson but is actually scarier and uglier than one of the cruelest criminals known to society.

• Haha
  • Heart

HalcyonOrganic

VIP Member
„Philipp, Jeremy’s mother said she wants to extend her stay at Lalande. She’s also ordering a security guard for Jeremy’s door at night.

Ohhh what a lovely knife set you have there. What will you do with that? Why are you grinning?“

IMG_1635.png

• Haha
  • Wow

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member
'Victoria's landmass of 228,000 square kilometres is about the size of the United Kingdom' ergo the United Kingdom can fit inside the Australian state of Victoria.
Yes Australia is big!
NZ is 268,021 km² so a little bit more than Victoria but stretched out, and over a few islands too.
UK is 243,610 km². For such a small kingdom they were very 'successful' colonisers.

• Heart

Thebirdandthefrog

Chatty Member
An exchange about “corngate” in the comments.

It’s all down to the difference in meaning of the same word in English//British/European/countries other than the States vs usage in the States. It can be a bit confusing but it’s really not something to get ones knickers in a twist about. However, one poster decides to go to war. What a hill to die on.

The first comment says “corn cobs”. Obviously thinking that, by saying “corn”, Steff was referring to what, in England, we know as sweetcorn or maize rather than a grain crop such as wheat, barley or oats. SJ saying “corn” to describe the design wasn’t completely wrong, although I suppose she could have been more specific about which grain crop it represents.

“The plate you described as having corn cobs all around the edge is actually wheat

@wandamack... • 7 hr ago (edited) :

That was kind of funny, but sweet in her usual wa

@ricardathomason5485 • 7 hr ago:

I thought the same thing

Elizabeth makes her point politely and without verbal histrionics:

@elisabeth6108 • 7 hr ago

I think its a different use of the word. The word "corn" is often used in Europe, going back centuries, to describe wheat, whereas in America we use it only to describe maize.

I @wandamackenzie144 • 7 hr ago @elisabeth6108

interesting

Enter NewChannel, an absolute charmer:

@NewChannel-wi7vj • 7 hr ago

In British English at least, wheat is a type of corn. Stephanie is therefore perfectly right (who'd've guessed!). Don't be afraid of dictionaries: they're your friends.

NewChannel reposts the above with an additional volley of gratuitous viciousness towards the OP. It’s this type of unnecessary hectoring, patronising nastiness in the comments that I find inexplicable and intolerable.

@NewChannel-wi7vj • 6 hr ago

In British English at least, wheat is a type of corn. Stephanie is therefore perfectly right (who'd've guessed!). Don't be afraid of dictionaries: they're your friends.

Of course, you were so persuaded of knowing better (ignorants usually are, as they're typically ignorant of their own ignorance) than an obviously very educated woman that you couldn't wait to correct her instead of checking if, maybe, you could've been the one in need of learning something.

Another voice of reason:

@ludovica8221 • 6 hr ago

"corn" has never referred exclusively to maize. It originally meant wheat or any grain crop

The German language enters the fray:

@mariak9727 • 1 hr ago

In german "Korn" refers to grain. & So if you're at the bakery in Austria & want whole wheat bread......you ask for Vollkornbrot”

I live in an area where a lot of maize is grown, primarily for its byproducts and as a fodder crop. I occasionally buy corn on the cob when one of the local farms is selling it “at the gate” after harvest - cooked in the Caribbean way, with a whole scotch bonnet pepper thrown into the water, is a trip down memory lane!
Those “guard dogs” are popping up everywhere and hunting for blood… I am sure their presence will hurt the number of comments. Only someone really distracted or clueless will comment… I don‘t watch dan, the idiot, but read here his guard dogs are pure evil… really fit with the channel of that disgrace of a person.

BTW, anyone saw this? At this stage it is unbelievable and very scary.

Pyke

VIP Member
Tattlers interested in Cooking I highly recommend Channel 4 Junior Bake Off on catch up, talented kids, great fun and mishaps along the way

• Heart
If you are bored of Fanny and Snorts. I found. Byron to Bordeaux an Aussie couple and an beautiful French home. They actually do renovations. Refreshing

• Heart

C'est moi

VIP Member
Spud gate suspects:
A. Fast French dog (revenge for being told he was a bad dog & living in a fenced yard after incident)
B. Kid 2 (revenge for tulip & strong desire for nuggets)
C. Tatianna (no need for reason this chick was just crazy)

I’m actually hoping a ransom note gets delivered demanding her star $.
A. Mokashito’s family (revenge of death)
B. Ian’s wife (revenge for walking 1/2 naked in front of her husband)
C. Natty (revenge for calling her home tiny)
@Patriciarella you never disappoint ❤

• Heart

Pyke

VIP Member
Dans boys having the time of their lives with chainsaws. Fabulous toys and equipment by Sthil, complete with sounds.

• Wow
  • Heart

FecilitéJ

Could not agree more. So dated - so 80s and making an expensive wallpaper look ridiculous. What an earth was she thinking?
Laura Ashley circa 1980. Ughhhh. Some paint and perhaps a subtle shadow like damask stencil would have cost way less, likely lasted better and looked better too IMHO.

• Heart

billybudd

VIP Member
This is a gem of a book, Sud de France, The food and cooking of Languedoc by Caroline Conran. I have a sneaking suspicion it may be out of print but I picked this 2nd hand one up off of amazon. It was in pristine condition. Figs, almonds, chestnuts, cherries feature for desserts. Pine nut pastries, chocolate dessert, spiced apples and pears. Cakes and breads using ground almonds, chestnut flour, spices are all popular studded through with candied orange peel, or candied cherries.
See, this is the way I personally like to eat. My ancient FIL used to call it the orangutang diet, fruit and nuts, yes please. I actually made a pecan-pie like French pine nut tart in a special rectangular $50 tart pan once for a 13 desserts table. It was awesome. And citrus zest is practically my favorite food. Wow. Thank you.

• Heart

graciemckitten

VIP Member
Dan's hand has a cut on the back that looks infected to me.

Why did he do the joists without removing the radiator that was at an angle across the top of the scaffold platform. It did make quite a racket when it eventually fell. Dan nearly joined it.

Irish revenue have announced that they have written to influencers advising them of tax implications of gifts and free goods. I wonder if the French government will do similar.
There is still only one dog at the crispy chateau. What happened to the other border collie dog? Dan hasn‘t mentioned the missing pup.

• Sad
  • Wow

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
This room would have looked better with either a weave fabric in the windows in a neutral with dark green edging or a linen plain with dark green edging the yellow and fluorescent green is a disaster.

Did fFanny shag Walton a bearded tattooed sexy volunteer?

• Wow
  • Sick

Cleo's Asp

VIP Member
I think the manager is on her case about positing on IG and most likely someone else is managing her account.
Also, ton and tan haven’t been to Vienna… ever… and you took them in January? Talk about passive aggressive 😂

That appears to be a new frilly dressing gown, quelle surprise!

• Haha