The Chateau Diaries #284 PhiPhi, the boy who prepares peas & peaches, now prances like Potty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just found an old picture frame with a still picture from the set of The Roman Spring of Mrs Stone, a lovely black and white picture of Warren Beaty and Vivien Leigh from the first version of the film made in 1961, I think. I used to have several movie pictures framed in my youth, those that used to decor the window of old Cinema Theaters. I kept only a few of them.
Anyway, the story of Tennesse Williams came back to my mind and it is kind of a version of Fanny’s life story…
I can see her life going the same way as ”poor” Mrs Stone. Below the poster and the plot. The poster is from the last version of the film produced in 2003 with Helen Mirren.

View attachment 2698791

Plot
(From Wikipedia)

Karen Stone, an acclaimed American stage actress and her businessman husband are off on holiday to Rome. On the plane, her husband, a multi- millionaire, suffers a fatal heart attack. Karen decides to stay in Italy and rent a luxury apartment in Rome. She has no reason to go home. She shut down her latest play, Shakespeare's "As You Like It", because she realizes she is far too old to play Rosalind. A year later, the Contessa Magda Terribili-Gonzales, a procurer, introduces her to a handsome, well-dressed, narcissistic young Italian named Paolo, who is one in her stable of professional gigolos.

Magda plots and plans, telling Paolo that Mrs. Stone has just begun to taste loneliness. Paolo and Mrs. Stone go out for dinner and dancing, but no more. Eventually, she begins the affair. She falls in love with him; he pretends to love her. She believes that she is different from other mature women he has known. Her self-deception is aided by the fact that she does not actually pay him, but buys him expensive clothes and gifts, including a movie camera, and pays his bills through charge accounts. They become the subject of gossip columns. It soon becomes obvious that Paolo is only interested in himself. Eventually he is bored by Mrs. Stone's possessiveness and pursues an American starlet.

Abandoned by Paolo, ridiculed by the Contessa, with her only real friend, Meg, on a plane to New York, Mrs. Stone looks over her balcony and sees the ragged, mysteriously menacing young man who has followed her everywhere since the day she moved in, pacing. She tosses the keys of her apartment down to him and walks back inside, remembering what she told Paolo after he tried to frighten her with a story about a middle-aged woman murdered on the French Riviera by someone she invited into her apartment. All I need is three or four years. After that, a cut throat would be a convenience". She lights a cigarette and sits down to wait. The youth comes into the apartment and walks toward her slowly, hands deep in the pockets of his filthy coat, smiling faintly as his shadow fills the screen.
Old hoes who lived long enough to lose their looks traditionally became procurers. Is there a 21st century version, or is Youtube scammer it?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The mention of bins reminded me, Natty and Bunman were…going to make some sort of screen to hide those hideous big bins from chateau view in their SPARE…time. Did not happen.
---

And… after all,Tats has not sold her air bnb in Suffolk , The Broken Dish . It was a ruse to dump poor Selmar. She is not getting good reviews either!
I always had my doubts about her ‘ story’ about bullying allegations. She is a storyteller and has a vivid imagination. I believe she was hoping for a different outcome and one that would see her have a more prominent role at the dump.
Not stepfending in anyway (or Amaury and Natti fending either) but it could be that the local agglomeration that deals with the refuse collection wouldn't allow it. The bin men in France (or rather their bosses) tend to be very picky about what they collect and where they collect it from. First hand experience of them deciding, without notice that they would no longer collect from us after collecting from the property for the previous 30 to 40 years.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Not stepfending in anyway (or Amaury and Natti fending either) but it could be that the local agglomeration that deals with the refuse collection wouldn't allow it. The bin men in France (or rather their bosses) tend to be very picky about what they collect and where they collect it from. First hand experience of them deciding, without notice that they would no longer collect from us after collecting from the property for the previous 30 to 40 years.
That is curious.

It is difficult to know with the dump crew as so many unfinished story lines, so many lies and flog fillers.

Do you think they could have planted some shrubs to screen them without upsetting the bin men?
It really is ugly to see over flowing bins from pretty much every room in the shatoo.
Fanny was so chuffed when the phone line was taken down and buried, but the bins?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
That is curious.

It is difficult to know with the dump crew as so many unfinished story lines, so many lies and flog fillers.

Do you think they could have planted some shrubs to screen them without upsetting the bin men?
It really is ugly to see over flowing bins from pretty much every room in the shatoo.
Fanny was so chuffed when the phone line was taken down and buried, but the bins?
You can hide your bins when it’s not collecting time… but when the bin man cometh, you better not have any obstruction in their way or you will face their wrath!
Because most of the time they roll the bins close to their car and their machine automatically picks it up and dumps the contents in the truck.

(At least it’s the case here in Canada… not sure about how the French do things)

• Heart
Mummy gave Snorts spending money for a trotter and sent him on his way.

For supper Snorts had a glass of red wine and a cup of red? Sorbet.

I have every belief that the dairy allergic child had a Macdonalds whilst he was out and just look what he is cradling in his arm. MAGNUMS and yes Snorts those are dairy and have vanilla in them.
Snorts will have the trots whether in the cassoulet or not.!
We certainly know that box does not hold the other kind of magnums. The Gay Twank requires Ultra Extra Small ones, although he probably tells guys at the bathes he’s allergic to condoms.

• Haha
  • Sick
Lying! I don't have a problem with patreon. However if you claim to use all that money for renovations while crying poor with properties all over the world + b&b + youtube income and traveling all over the world whilst shopping?
I find that immoral.

The volunteers however, they had a choice to leave. When mommy 🦇 didn't provide food, I would have said, bye witch and left.
Working longer than 5 hours or not what you were suppose to do? I'd leave. It would be my choice to stay. They allowed the grifster to exploit them and she did.
Without disagreeing in any way, I think what bothers me is that you have a social contract, not to mention a Workaway contract, not to starve and harass sexually, overwork and underpay, the people you invite into your home under false pretences. Surely they have the right to leave when mistreated, but the CONTRACT spells out no mistreatment as a condition of their being there in the first place.
Why I feel this doesn't apply to the Patreons, I don't know. They have money and choices Workaway peons don't?
I'm not actually a Communist, I promise.....though I am an old union shop steward.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Without disagreeing in any way, I think what bothers me is that you have a social contract, not to mention a Workaway contract, not to starve and harass sexually, overwork and underpay, the people you invite into your home under false pretences. Surely they have the right to leave when mistreated, but the CONTRACT spells out no mistreatment as a condition of their being there in the first place.
Why I feel this doesn't apply to the Patreons, I don't know. They have money and choices Workaway peons don't?
I'm not actually a Communist, I promise.....though I am an old union dude.
And most of the volunteers didn’t have the money, transportation, or means to leave early, e.g., another place to go for the rest of their volunteer time.

• Heart
The mention of bins reminded me, Natty and Bunman were…going to make some sort of screen to hide those hideous big bins from chateau view in their SPARE…time. Did not happen.
---

And… after all,Tats has not sold her air bnb in Suffolk , The Broken Dish . It was a ruse to dump poor Selmar. She is not getting good reviews either!
I always had my doubts about her ‘ story’ about bullying allegations. She is a storyteller and has a vivid imagination. I believe she was hoping for a different outcome and one that would see her have a more prominent role at the dump.
Good to know, Tatty, that the cloth you use to wipe down toilets isn't being used to clean the kitchen counter when a guest leaves. Housecleaning 101, which I learned in Home Ec in 8th grade.....never use the same sponge/cloth in your kitchen as that of your bathroom. I thought this was a given in all households, hotels, B&B's. I just never thought about it being used as SELLING POINT!

She needs to take a small business/marketing course!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
You still have to pull the bins out of the structure for said garbage collectors- it was just meant to mask all the gift grab rejects between pick up times. Amaury realized if he wasn’t there, that simple chore would not be satisfied, so why bother?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Billster showing us Grandparents house that Mo showed us back in June 2023.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Lying! I don't have a problem with patreon. However if you claim to use all that money for renovations while crying poor with properties all over the world + b&b + youtube income and traveling all over the world whilst shopping?
I find that immoral.

The volunteers however, they had a choice to leave. When mommy 🦇 didn't provide food, I would have said, bye witch and left.
Working longer than 5 hours or not what you were suppose to do? I'd leave. It would be my choice to stay. They allowed the grifster to exploit them and she did.
My thought on the volunteers is that they either left a job or in between work and volunteer. They get there and have their return tickets and no plans to pay for a room. To leave the shitoo early might not be feasible for some as the cost that would be involved . so some may just be stuck there until their time is up. I am glad she got kicked out of the program, how disappointing to get there and see the reality

• Heart
Reactions: 26
My thought on the volunteers is that they either left a job or in between work and volunteer. They get there and have their return tickets and no plans to pay for a room. To leave the shitoo early might not be feasible for some as the cost that would be involved . so some may just be stuck there until their time is up. I am glad she got kicked out of the program, how disappointing to get there and see the reality
Or sleep with the desperate lady in residence

• Haha
  • Sick
That is a big range cooker. 8 rings, you could cook for a whole platoon on it.
Makes for an easy life if we have friends over for a meal. Always wanted one and when we renovated, the kitchen was big enough to accommodate one. It's nothing fancy like Billy's though, 2 electric ovens gas top.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think the deleted posts are number 729 and 751. Both of those numbered posts are missing and are around the time I made the first and second posts. Take a look at the new tattle account posting in 699 and 700. I think someone is a bit upset with us today.
I say good that someone is upset.

Nazanin_Mezzanine this reddit account has been suspended.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Okay. The second post that I submitted and was posted in this thread less than 10 minutes ago is also missing. It was explaining the first post about why I put the B and B guest info here was deleted or missing and noting the new Tattle account that responded to the two posts about the B and B guest. 2 posts have been deleted.Let’s see how long this post remains.A dump crew member may be reporting this post?
Sometimes TL is not Reddit friendly.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
You can hide your bins when it’s not collecting time… but when the bin man cometh, you better not have any obstruction in their way or you will face their wrath!
Because most of the time they roll the bins close to their car and their machine automatically picks it up and dumps the contents in the truck.

(At least it’s the case here in Canada… not sure about how the French do things)
Same. No obstructions, no moving the bin from the approved placement. If the bin is not where it's meant to be, when it's meant to be emptied no emptied bin. Anything that is not meant to be in the household rubbish bin, anything not bagged up no emptied bin. Recycling only in the appropriate recycling bins. Anything not adherred to, fines can be made. And we all know Fanny chucks her unwanted gift grab tit straight in the bin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Billster showing us Grandparents house that Mo showed us back in June 2023.
Looks like Sadie and Mo stopped the project and Yannis got pulled to help at the convent. Thankfully Billy and crew will knock that off in no time. I guess now that Mo is working Sadie doesn't need to post videos. It sad they had a lot of time to get that place ready and just left it sit there.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.