Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
If the farmhouse were to be relaunched as an old coaching Inn that has been turned into a pub/B&B what would it be called. Trying to think of some of the murkier pub names found in England.
Come on @JackSpratt I’m sure you could help me out. 😂😉
I will start with The Jolly Taxpayer which is a real pub
In my youth I frequented The Bloody Bones Bar.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

FecilitéJ

Yeah :m Cool :m
I guess I am well known by now :cool:
I went out and didn’t even notice the change… it happened in the last comment I guess…
No, two comments ago… Nice :p
---

Yes, it looks good and I really like that Wellington look. I have never made with the puff pastry on top but I believe it can not be that difficult, specially if we buy a good ready made vegan puff pastry. Actually, most puff pastries in the supermarkets freezers are vegan, they never had real butter.
Let me know if you want me to translate any recipe for you…
I personally like the third recipe, with mushrooms in the mixture.
I'd love to have the recipe converted when you get time. It sounds very like the nut roast I used to get at Tesco. Probably a much nicer version, especially with the mushrooms.

Reactions: 11

FecilitéJ

There you go. I became a little too long.

NØTTESTEK - Nut steak
(that third recipe with my personal twists)

1-2 cups of cooked basmati rice or any rice

2 cups of mushrooms and some extra for decorating

1 large onion diced in small bits

2 garlic boats minced (around 2 tablespoons minced garlic)

2 tablespoons olive oil (or the oil you prefer)

2 teaspoons timian (optional, add the herbs you prefer really, I use loads of parsley and spring onions)

2 teaspoons estragon (optional, add the herbs you prefer)

200g walnuts or hazelnuts (thinly sliced)

100g almonds (thinly sliced)

3 to 5 eggs (optional in my opinion)

200ml any type of vegan cream (I use Oatly)

300g grated cheese (I currently use vegan cheese “Green Vie” or Norwegian vegan cheese “Gryr” )

Salt and pepper

What I will add in my own recipe:

1 apple (peeled and grated)

3 tablespoons tomato “passata”

1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice

In a mixer roughly process the mushrooms into small bits and set aside.

Add the nuts to the mixer and lightly process into not very small bits, add the cooked rice and process to a homogenous but rough mixture.

In a pan fry the diced onion in olive oil, add minced garlic and then add then mushrooms (and the lemon juice if using, I use lemon).

Let them cook in high heat for a while.

Add salt and pepper and the herbs you are using (timian, estragon etc)

In another bowl mix rice and nuts mixture with the eggs and cream (if using those, I don’t use eggs, I will add grated apple and tomato passata).

Mix everything well with a spatula. Add the mushroom mixture to the nuts and rice mixture and mix well until homogenous “dough”. Add cheese if you using it and mix again.

Add baking paper to a bread pan and place a layer of sliced mushroom for decoration. Add the mixture on top and press well with hands to make a very pressed dough.

Bake for one hour in a preheated oven at 180C. Check with a wood pick if the “nut steak” is firm and cooked. If not completely cooked, bake it a little longer.

Serve with mushroom sauce and “tyttebaer” jam (I haven’t got a clue how “tyttebær’ is called in English). They sell it in IKEA.

Mushroom sauce

100 mushrooms (the type you prefer)

2 tablespoons butter or margarine

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1 teaspoon timian or any other herb you prefer

100 ml vegetable stock

200 ml cooking simple cream ( I used vegan Oatly or Norwegian “Gryr”)

2 or 3 drops of lemon juice

Salt and pepper

(I sometimes add soy sauce or balsamic vinegar to harmonize the flavor, but it all depends on the final taste of the sauce).
---

If only Ruby was allowed to live inside that (disgusting) house, there would be no mice anywhere… It only takes a cat or two…
Thank you so much, I'm definitely going to give it a try! 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 9