The Chateau Diaries #269 At last Stephanie spoke the truth and admitted it herself to be an imposter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn't the term to describe him an Influencer? If anyone were to use his lack of skill set to start their own renovation project they wouldn't last to see it through... do his videos ever come with a disclaimer? Don't try this at home... this is how I do it but I don't recommend anyone watching should do it this way... Can you imagine the backlash if a viewer were to 'copy' some of his shortcuts and ended up with serious injuries.... he really need to touch base with reality and recognise his slap dashery is foolish and dangerous.
He's be warned time and time again. He ignores ALL advice. Advice from tradies in the building industry who, unlike Dan, know what their talking about. Nic has given him two complete sets of safety gear and he uses none of it. I'm not going to give him the benefit of the doubt. The day he gets injured, through his own fault, I'll be quoting Fanny, tongue in cheek and saying "What a day to be alive."

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I don’t know anything about buildings but shouldn’t there are least be some scaffolding on the exterior of the crispy chateau?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Mr. Spratt is right. I’m sure @Iolair could give us more history, but use of asbestos to strengthen pottery and as insulation goes back thousands of years. Industrial scale mining for commercial use began in the 19th century. As others have pointed out, the dust and debris on that worksite will be deadly if exposed to for too long. That ruin will have asbestos fibers all over it as every heating pipe would’ve been insulated with it. And what happens to asbestos in a fire? Well it damn sure doesn’t burn! Once asbestos becomes friable it is easily inhaled to disastrous results. As usual Dan doesn't think of anyone else but himself. Think 30-40 years down the road Dan, when you’ve alienated your boys so much they refuse to take care of you. Instead they’ll put you in a Jarvis owned care home to rot in your own filth. We know you read here Danny Boy, so just remember, it’s called karma and it’s pronounced haha duck you!
Thank you darling, yes I'm sure I could. But in your usual manner your summation is succinct and precise enough to allow everyone to understand. It only remains for me to add only one extra word: LEAD.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
He's be warned time and time again. He ignores ALL advice. Advice from tradies in the building industry who, unlike Dan, know what their talking about. Nic has given him two complete sets of safety gear and he uses none of it. I'm not going to give him the benefit of the doubt. The day he gets injured, through his own fault, I'll be quoting Fanny, tongue in cheek and saying "What a day to be alive."
As of this minute, Dan’s video from yesterday has 180,000 views and over 1,000 comments ( video posted 15 hours ago). He will probably have a surge in subscribers after his spot on the tv show airs Monday.

Viewers are getting exasperated by Dan ‘s failure to respond or heed their advice on many matters. They have given up on him actually reading their advice or comments but are posting anyways. People are trying to help him not be such a bonehead and endanger himself or make the crispy chateau collapse on top of him. He doesn’t care about his viewers, ignores them, and doesn’t engage with them or respect them ( the same arrogant attitude as Stephanfraudie). Viewers and Patrons only exist to be manipulated for increased amounts of YouTube money and Patreon funds. A few of them are starting to catch on to his tactics and attitude. The first sentence from the comment posted from one minute ago on Dan’s video is typical of exasperated viewers:

briquetaverne
1 minute ago
***** You'll probably not take the time to read this comment but I'll write it anyway. **** It concerns a small trick for assuring that when you repair a broken brick wall or filling in with a new patch with brick or stone, add a small box of salt to the mortar mix when your mixing it up. The salt water mix which will amount to about 3% in the water's volume will draw the humidity of the existing wall to the new patch and back again as the wall dries. The hardness of the patch will remain stronger than if plain water was used because the salt content assures the cement will always be just slightly humid enough as to not be bone dry and brittle. The latter is what causes cracks.

@jillshaw362
2 hours ago
Dan I know it’s impossible to read all the comments BUT there are SO Many people giving you really invaluable advice on this channel- experts in their fields. It would be so important to read and heed their advice!! They are all giving it in order to HELP and support you! The rest of us non experts just are willing you on and saying “STAY SAFE!” At all times!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
What?
We think Stephanie paid for patrons (again) and that the surge in new patrons this month isn't because of her scintillating daily vlogs?
(Or, as The Beans call them, "daily extracts"......)

1697291324313.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Thank you darling, yes I'm sure I could. But in your usual manner your summation is succinct and precise enough to allow everyone to understand. It only remains for me to add only one extra word: LEAD.
Oh my giddy aunt! I forgot all about lead! Of course that place would’ve contained lead! It would’ve been laced throughout. Lead becomes aerosolized at high heat. The particles are so tiny they’ll easily be absorbed into the blood stream when breathed in. It’s also one of the few compounds that easily crosses the blood brain barrier for maximum destructive effect! All the more reason for those two boys to be kept away from that construction tip! Doesn’t French law require remediation in this situation?!? C'est tellement pire que je ne le pensais!

• Heart
  • Wow
Comments on Dan’s video today, Starting the repairs to the fallen wall ( posted one hour ago) :

angelachapman1159
1 hour ago (edited)
I spy your chateau on channel 4 at 5pm from Monday 16th October I can't see which day you are featured the programme is called I bought a village

m.r.3912
37 minutes ago
DON'T CUT CORNERS, WHEN YOU PREPARE THE WALLS TO TAKE ON THE WEIGHT OF THE ROOF! You REALLY should consider to take down all above the lentils and rebuild them. The forces of one storm applied on the roofstructure would crumble what is left from the mortar!

jlotoo850
1 minute ago (edited)
@trexvalleygirl2770 He also said he was 'surprised' to see how crumbly those walls were when they fell apart so easily---so obviously the structural engineer never got a look at those walls and needs to revisit the site, now that they can get up higher to inspect them better.... Better safe than sorry,

@edleosinga2176
31 minutes ago
Oh my goodness, too funny. I just mentioned to my husband, “I bet Dan is really regretting throwing those stones downstairs, but he was in a panic state at the time.” And one second later you told us the exact same thing. We died laughing. Dejavu. You are psychic Dan. Cheers.

Rickw0910
57 minutes ago
Lyft with your knees please!! Your back's going to be destroyed moving around and lifting them rocks like that!!!

ceebee8897
1 hour ago
Dan if you don't wind up with emphysema, - or lung cancer - it will be a miracle. Watching you breathing in all that dust, just stops my heart. I am in my mid 70's, never smoked, but am asthmatic and when I get a cold and it goes into my lungs - think bronchitis or pneumonia - it can be quite frightening. A simple cold last for weeks...... Would not wish it on anyone. Please wear breathing apparatus or you will be dragging around an oxygen tank by the time you are 50.

@duncan.g.burton
@duncan.g.burton
4 minutes ago
Well spoken, as seeing all that dust. It's probably lime mortar so he's breathing lime into his lungs. Shame because a simple mask would be so easy. But every safety item Dan has bought, like the safety harness which would've cost quite a bit. He stopped using it after a week. I really hope he doesn't hurt himself as he has a very interesting channel. But I just wish he'd stop being so dam stubborn

gordonulrickson3626
39 minutes ago
Dan I usually am not a safety nut but please put on safety glasses and a dust mask when blowing away the old mortar and dirt. I guess my paying for stupidity now from when In was young makes me more cautious.

dnomyarnostaw
53 minutes ago
Sand, Dust, Face Mask, Silicosis of the Lungs , words that spring to mind

@LambieSamba
55 minutes ago
Why don't you use a respirator??? I fear lung diseases or cancer!

davidclemmett4372
57 minutes ago
Please wear a face mask, i’ve seen the pain and suffering that stone dust will cause it’s not a condition you would wish on your worst enemy

JoeSchmedlap-lm2wx
1 hour ago
I think any OSHA agent watching would have had massive coronaries 😂😂😂😂😂
Dan proves once more to be the most arrogant, rude, idiotic creature in the entire chateauverse. He shows no respect for himself, his kids, his pets, his friends and his viewers. He doesn’t read comments? Unbelievable. He doesn’t even care to interact with his patrons and they still send him money? Prove his patrons are a growing bundle of idiots, why would someone give money to a repugnant creature like Dan?

And the worst part is, if something happens to idiot Dan, Fanny will be the one to report it in CD vlog direct from the emergency room. She will get the views of a life time announcing how he broke his back, or both legs, or is in coma with brain trauma or something because the idiot will not be able upload his most expected video. His totally avoidable fall…

• Heart
I don’t know anything about buildings but shouldn’t there are least be some scaffolding on the exterior of the crispy chateau?
I would have thought so, seeing as the building had been a huge fire and then left to the elements for years. Nature begins to reclaim, dampness and vegetation growing into the walls making everything susceptible to collapse.

Just because he built that boot room/entry way or what ever you want to call it (not that we've ever seen the completed article) and everyone sang his praises, over night he's become the building industry's latest sensation. Even one of the write ups on him he was labeled a contractor......my arse!

I hope these two near miss accidents this week have scared him shitless as to what could happen but I very much doubt that's the case.

Maybe the TV company should be rethinking whether it's the right thing to do incuding this fool in their programme.

• Heart
Oh my giddy aunt! I forgot all about lead! Of course that place would’ve contained lead! It would’ve been laced throughout. Lead becomes aerosolized at high heat. The particles are so tiny they’ll easily be absorbed into the blood stream when breathed in. It’s also one of the few compounds that easily crosses the blood brain barrier for maximum destructive effect! All the more reason for those two boys to be kept away from that construction tip! Doesn’t French law require remediation in this situation?!? C'est tellement pire que je ne le pensais!
Oh dear, and theres that too. 😳 Those boys shouldn’t be anywhere near that place. I am really sad for the dogs too.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
All of the plumbing would have been lead pipework, could even be lead pipe out to his water source. He strikes me as the type who actively detests any form of critique, even if it's offered in a good intentional and constructive way, hence the non response because he can't bear the thought that someone might be slightly more knowledgable. on something he's well aware he's cocked up on. We've dealt with enough clinets like this in the past.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I as an an experienced educator definitely hope I never come across as arrogant as Dan in my profession I am always seeking advise tricks etc from others there age has no bearing on it you can always verify advise if there is doubt.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
All of the plumbing would have been lead pipework, could even be lead pipe out to his water source. He strikes me as the type who actively detests any form of critique, even if it's offered in a good intentional and constructive way, hence the non response because he can't bear the thought that someone might be slightly more knowledgable. on something he's well aware he's cocked up on. We've dealt with enough clinets like this in the past.
I’m loathe to admit it, but 20 years ago I had the same personality flaw. Life had to witch slap me about the head for me to learn the lesson. I was fortunate to survive relatively unscathed. I think Dan might be a lost cause. I hate to think just how disastrous an event would have to be for him to straighten up and fly right. As of now, what he’s shown us, he’s violated numerous building code regulations. More importantly he’s shown us he’s guilty of child and animal abuse. Even if indirectly by neglect and exposure to a dangerous environment. What an absolute ass he is. To the point of being monstrous!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Not being able to sleep I watched a couple of old Cd. Again like many of us these vlogs are what drew us in.
MP and Fanny having fun laying the Thanksgiving table together. MP is really talented , he also supports Fanny and encourages her. Admittedly it took them all afternoon to lay the table and MP even painted the little place cards for people to write what they were thankful for.
All in all good vibes and genuine interaction, I think Fanny admires MP, unlike Snorts who she praises about his table laying but nothing else ,just may be a throwaway comment about his noting of details- wow. Snorts has never done more than choose plates he does no decorations!
MP is good company and good camera presence.
I have never been a fan of MP, but I went back and watched their advent series together as I hadn't seen it the first time around, I had only watched the Snorts version. WELL. They were charming together and it was so much fun! I think part of it is that she wasn't as timey-wimey then.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m loathe to admit it, but 20 years ago I had the same personality flaw. Life had to witch slap me about the head for me to learn the lesson. I was fortunate to survive relatively unscathed. I think Dan might be a lost cause. I hate to think just how disastrous an event would have to be for him to straighten up and fly right. As of now, what he’s shown us, he’s violated numerous building code regulations. More importantly he’s shown us he’s guilty of child and animal abuse. Even if indirectly by neglect and exposure to a dangerous environment. What an absolute ass he is. To the point of being monstrous!
He's had a good teacher and education at LaLande.

• Sad
  • Sick
I don't get it! Don't they have to have building permits in France? If Dan's project was in the states, there is absolutely no way he would be allowed to do what he's doing. Please, someone living there tell me. I just have a very difficult time with this. If he needs permits and inspections and is not getting them, then he can't legally ever sell the place, non? It's not like France is Afghanistan or El Salvador! 🤷‍♀️
---
I think I've said this before, but one of the definitions of stupid is not learning from your mistakes, i.e., Dan. There are a lot of people who praise Dan for his work ethic, but part of having a good work ethic is working smart, that he does not do. I don't wish him harm, I just wish he would wise up before it's too late. Personally, I think he's got a screw or two loose upstairs.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m not sure what months some of the figures above are from but the top 3 Grapheon charts indicate that she lost 549 Patrons and close to $600 monthly. Looks like Fanny has dropped approximately 450+ $1 patrons she had previously purchased and some other patrons not affiliated with the Dump just left.
I have never been able to understand charts....but if she is still pulling in $32,000 dollars per month?????
She is still rolling in the dough for doing NOTHING!!!!
Even if she goes down to $10,000 per month, she still can travel and buy crap at the thrift stores. I mean she NEVER uses Patron money on the Dump...though they paid for her new "furnace" and dead garden.
Until Patrons get their heads out of their asses and quit throwing money at Fanny...she is on easy street.
Cocky witch.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I know Gwen is supposed to be hosting something at Begmania while the boys are off collecting the new organ for the convent. But MPK just posted this short and looking at the floral decorations on the staircase makes me wonder if there’s a wedding coming up. Michael’s choice of piano music to practice is rather unsettling though. Any idea what’s going on next week for him to be practicing? Halloween is more than two weeks off.

Reactions: 11
Derail!

Just to prove the Sun doesn’t revolve around Fanny or DANgerous, there is an annular solar eclipse happening at the moment.

Watch it on the NASA YouTube channel:

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.