Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FecilitéJ

I'm stepping out of my depth here with a few questions for the group.
  1. Is the trend seen by Uncle Steve and Simon of wearing colors and jewelry traditionally worn by females in this day and age a European thing or is it international?
  2. Is Simon and/or Uncle Steve perhaps gay or fluid?
Living in the Pacific Northwest is not the most cosmopolitan area on the planet so I may just be out of the loop when it comes to men's fashion. As you know we just have lumberjacks here.
Well I'm not in a mega cosmopolitan area but men in East Coast USA don't wear bro
Isn't it the useless Wedgwood room? More of a nook than a room. It is on the ground floor, access through the Marquis tower apartment? It looks grey in this grab. Some poor, deluded soul sent their entire collection of Wedgwood plaster plaques to Despicable fanny on the gift grab. Fanny had them hot glued to the wall. They've been falling off one by one and no doubt shattering. That's how appreciative fanny is of her fans.
Jez that's horrible. Some sort of framing or shadow boxes down by a professional would have been far better IMO.

Reactions: 9

Fleur du mal

"I'll not let that happen!"- well, you better start before it happens... and maybe follow the marquis and shell out a small donation for that college- it would look good, just saying.
On top go and sell some lalande mugs they will fly off the shelves!

• Haha
Reactions: 9

graciemckitten

VIP Member
For all those waiting or curious here is the Morgan Wade video featuring Kyle Richards released a few minutes ago. See what you think about the
rumors after watching the video.

• Sick
Reactions: 8

Thebirdandthefrog

Chatty Member
Annalistes, my faves. Such fabulous use of incredible footwork. Le Roy Ladurie wrote what may be the best book I've ever read, Montaillou. I did some work on childhood and Philippe Aries, though now much discounted, was and still is fascinating to me. Braudel, my mother was into him and as a travelling person much into spirit of place I should re-enter his world.
I did not know the pope divided the world between Spain and Portugal. Caramba.
I sort of love and hate the Jesuits and their role in learning the native languages, undergoing unbelievable treks and being the wiliest students of culture (Matteo Ricci) for the glory of a very Christian God.
So much to read, so little time!!!!
Braudel is amazing as he connected time (history) and place (geography) with great social theory. He is totally worth reading. “The Mediterranean in the Time of Phillippe II” is my favorite and will catch you. You will enjoy his last work about France, “The Identity of France”, it is a love letter to his country.

Yes, the Pope divided the world between the Catholic kings of Portugal in Spain and it was made official via Tordesilhas Treaty of 1494. You can have a quick view of its content on this Wikipedia article… no time to search for better source right now…

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6

CatInTheHat7

oh it's always possible, but most don't need to as they are already covered for accidents. We tend not to think about suing as an option. I remember watching US tv with my mouth open as advert after advert were lawyers touting for trade for people who had had accidents. We just don't have that here.
It’s because, by law, suing isn’t an option for any injuries covered by ACC.

Reactions: 6