The Chateau Diaries #26 The Church Of Stephanology. There’s a global pandemic, Madame Ignorance

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I believe this is young Oliver
I have to ask, is Oliver gay or bi? He certainly came across this way to me the first time I saw him on a vlog before I heard that he had a wife and kids.

Reactions: 5
Speaking of bidets . . . did anyone else notice the dozen or so bidets in the barn when Ian was cleaning it out?
Not only bidets..furniture, beds, lamps, etc etc...lots of things she buys end up in the barn..and never come to use..like those stairs and that other thing..she got for free..it all ends up in the barn..

Reactions: 10
It has Narcissus spp flowers on it, how could she possibly refuse...
Oh my God! Do you think she paid that much??? That is crazy! She is really spending that money as fast as she gets it. I thought the money was more for renovations to the Château and not for decorating. I suppose decorating would come at some point but shouldn’t most of the money be used for the structural renovations at this time?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This maybe a cultural issue. We smudge multiple times a day. Yearly we take down curtains or blankets hanging from windows wash them and then wash the walls. After our New Year in the Spring. If you have fabric on the walls, how do you clean that?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She's got no taste, no class.
Lalande is a Frankenstein of chateaux.
SJ continues to fill it with garbage from brocantes and cadeaux from superfans (e.g. Sunday school crafts and Beryl's doilies).
There is no design coherence in its aesthetics (if you could call it that). She tries to fill it with furniture from every period without care or attention to consistency, that's why it looks more like a brocante than a stately home.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Oh my God! Do you think she paid that much??? That is crazy! She is really spending that money as fast as she gets it. I thought the money was more for renovations to the Château and not for decorating. I suppose decorating would come at some point but shouldn’t most of the money be used for the structural renovations at this time?
Not wanting to "Stephend", but she did say that it was the YouTube revenue that was paying for the grotesque chandelier. If the goldie one she bought previously was 500€, god only knows how much this monstrosity cost..... all that for a guest BnB bedroom!! Beggars belief!

Reactions: 8
example of the price

View attachment 506855View attachment 506871
the one she got has more lights but are similar in any case it is around 4K at least
That is crazy!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I have to ask, is Oliver gay or bi? He certainly came across this way to me the first time I saw him on a vlog before I heard that he had a wife and kids.
Thats a good question..i ask myself this with allmost all envolved in the shitooshow..Those English acting posh men always act a bit gay,,i find..hope i dont offend people..

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Well that stinks to blame it on Selmar. If I'm remembering, he was making great progress until they realized Stephanie hadn't ordered the floor tiles and then she couldn't find what she wanted and then they decided to use the ones from the old dairy. The amount of work Selmar was putting in to cutting them down to the right size didn't make any sense.
Every time we were shown Selmar working on digging up the stones from that floor and then cutting them down to the right thickness, I was cringing. It didn’t make any sense at all. She wants to retain the originality of the château but really isn’t doing that with so many other things. Pardon my criticism but does it matter what is on the floor of the downstairs loo?

Reactions: 15
This maybe a cultural issue. We smudge multiple times a day. Yearly we take down curtains or blankets hanging from windows wash them and then wash the walls. After our New Year in the Spring. If you have fabric on the walls, how do you clean that?
where are you from? I am curious where people wash the walls,
if something we paint them or put new wallpaper

Reactions: 6
Not wanting to "Stephend", but she did say that it was the YouTube revenue that was paying for the grotesque chandelier. If the goldie one she bought previously was 500€, god only knows how much this monstrosity cost..... all that for a guest BnB bedroom!! Beggars belief!
Yeah right..she couldnt say she paid for it with patreon money....she always lies..

• Heart
Reactions: 11
where are you from? I am curious where people wash the walls,
if something we paint them or put new wallpaper
I am Native American. We repaint too. But yearly we wash walls.
More often if they get finger prints or get dirty.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thats a good question..i ask myself this with allmost all envolved in the shitooshow..Those English acting posh men always act a bit gay,,i find..hope i dont offend people..
The question comes from confusing gender-conformity with sexual orientation; they're not the same thing. Fey, posh, fem, etc doesn't necessarily = gay, just as lacking any fashion sense, appearing unemotional or acting hyper-masculine doesn't necessarily = straight. I don't think the question itself is offensive as people are naturally curious, but the old assumptions and stereotypes need to go.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.