Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lochness Monster

VIP Member
You also get this Space X channel?
SpaceX - YouTube

I am subscribed to Selmar and my subscription number hasn't gone down, yet his channel isn't on my list...
Who knows if he privated all his videos and changed his channel name to something random.
His last few vlogs have had a strange vibe to them ….yoga… and theatre in a farm barn….
He did a dance routine in his white slacks with black birds on them just a little too weird. Maybe he has injested some local weed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

billybudd

VIP Member
I absolutely loved this, I have to say. Imagine PhiPhi and Fanny doing that hike/climb in their high heels.
also loving LEaW with their new olive tree plantation venture in Sicily.
Yes, the restoration of that olive/fruit tree grove, epic and much needed.

• Heart

Diesel

Yes they do, I was told by someone who lives near Nice that customs officers sometimes check on trains from just along the coast in Italy as there are a couple of big markets which are known for counterfeits.
You can just order them from eBay directly coming from China Without any problem at all as well.

• Wow

M&MsMom

VIP Member
The Chateau Sappho... The vlog is really annoying. The enthusiasm of every mundane thing is so freaking ridiculous. "Oh Maruca you did a poop? Oh my god!!! So gorgeous!!!!" " You removed a nail? Oh my god!!!! So fabulous!!!!!"
I enjoyed their video....but you are right! It did grate on my nerves a wee bit, particularly when the scaffolding was put together!

Thebirdandthefrog

Chatty Member
It rained.
Half a bucket of water got in through the door.
He fixed it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

If anything, he’s lucky he found out the issue before furnishing the place.
Don’t get me wrong but…
I thought you didn’t want to be confused with a certain Ms Gooder… it is starting to look :rolleyes: :p

• Haha
  • Wow

Freesia54

VIP Member
@Freesia, I believe the one you got on your arm that has left a scar is the smallpox vaccine. The TB one, if I can remember back that far, didn't hurt at all - I think it was on your forearm, and the nurse at school would look at it a few days after giving it to see if the area was raised or not.
Ah I think it's all coming back to me now... was it on the inside of my arm?

M&MsMom

VIP Member
Ah I think it's all coming back to me now... was it on the inside of my arm?
Oh No! I was wrong - the vacination that causes the scar (and is under my arm!) was not smallpox, as per @LittleMore Cottage post.
You were correct that that is the TB one that causes the scar! I apologized to you for my misinformed post earlier...and do so here, as well!

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
@Gertrude Maud - Linda's posted a vlog about her backyard! Did you watch it yet?
I was going to try this morning when I saw it, but the thing is 40-something minutes long - too long for me to watch this morning, so I'll try and catch up with it this afternoon. I've seen a quick view of it on an Instagram post she made and was less than impressed. It looked a bit "too busy" for me.....sort of like the front yard with the plants, but in the backyard's case, with furniture. And topiary, of course.
I agree @M&MsMom. It's too much, way too much.
Linda wants it all. (not unlike Philip)
So many clashing elements competing with each other.
Your eye bounces around because there is so much going on and in fact she has made a smallish area look even smaller.

It is said that our homes and gardens are a reflection of ourselves.
Linda is pretty much summed up by her's, as is the HMN.

• Heart

BigGreenMeany

The Chateau Sappho... The vlog is really annoying. The enthusiasm of every mundane thing is so freaking ridiculous. "Oh Maruca you did a poop? Oh my god!!! So gorgeous!!!!" " You removed a nail? Oh my god!!!! So fabulous!!!!!"

• Haha
  • Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
Jamboree Jamie was delighted to jump to over 1k subscribers in the last 24hrs. The Jamboree is only on until 12th August so I'm sure he'd be delighted to get a few more subs for the next week.

World Scout Jamborees only occur every four years and rarely make news coverage. (I'm a Scout leader and I couldn't tell you where the last Jamboree was). After too many issues, some down to weather but other that could have been forseen and prevented the whole camp is being moved. South Korea have got themselves on the world stage for all the wrong reasons, they now have the rest of the week to pull it out of the bag and show what can be achieved. Football match in Seoul gave 4500 free tickets to UK scouts.
I did hear that UK Scouts are left with a £1m bill after having to relocate the UK delegation. (Former Akela / Queen's Guide here.)

• Sad
  • Angry

Freesia54

VIP Member
yes that was top secret...still not a clue why she was in there?
---

she was clear he was sick long before Egypt. I can't believe he took that kind of trip in that condition... I have wondered about him for a long time...so weak sounding but no mention of any illness. I just assumed he had some chronic condition that resulted in that voice.
I would think any insurance cover provided would have been mega at costs.

Iolair

VIP Member
I start thinking, octopus salad is chewy, sweet and coldish, so.....soft, warm and tart. I always like an outrageous second protein dish for special occasions....goat cheese, thyme, and whole boiling onion pie? Clams or oysters on the half shell, plenty of good bread, green salad?
This is a classic Madeleine Kamman recipe, unfortunately directions not included in Amazon pdf:
Amazon product

View attachment 2361393
Directions are
Preheat oven to 375F. Make the pastry. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
Melt 1 T butter in a saucepan, cut crosses in the root of the onions so they don't explode. Add onions, salt, pepper, and stock to saucepan. Cover and cook 15-20 mins.
Cream the remainder of the 1/2 c butter, grate cheese, mix. Add sour cream, eggs, pepper, 1/2 t salt. Blend well.
Roll pastry to fit 10 inch quiche pan.
Raise heat under onions, remove lid, and boil til there is no liquid left in the saucepan.
Arrange the onions in the bottom of the pastry. Bake 20 minutes on the bottom shelf of the oven.
After 20 minutes, pour the cheese mixture on top of the onions, sprinke with thyme, and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until the top of the pie is pale golden. Serve lukewarm with a good salad.
Hell yeah!
Beautiful, traditional and flavoursome!
😍 Thanks @billybudd!

Reactions: 9