The Chateau Diaries #237 If you haven't been blocked, you're not trying hard enough!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I have first dibs?
---

I slept through that one too. I was in my first flat very near to Gatwick. I thought the noise was from the aircraft. Got up in the morning and you could get out of our road as all of the trees along it were down.
I slept through it as well. Good practice for when I had my son as I was a terrible mother who had to be woken by my ex to tell me our baby was crying and needed feeding.🤦‍♀️😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
You and I had good reason to miss it, didn't we? Me, being a over tired and knackered first time mum and you living alongside Gatwick so, no stranger to noise.
Yep, my huge entire new patio trellis was in bits and plants smashed. Many fallen street trees blocking the road. BUT, for the next day or so, all I did was get in and out of bed to feed my month old son and I let my XH deal with the aftermath - well, he was a builder! :)
---
My flat was in a big old Victorian school house, we (me and 1st husband) had to go and stay with friends for a week as had no electricity. I was living in France (with Mr Spratt) when we had Tempete Xynthia, didn't sleep through that though. Thought the whole roof was going to be ripped off.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Hi @Beachgirl. Just wondering how your house sale and new property search is progressing? Hopefully, all is good and going to plan, i.e. not too stressful. ❤

My flat was in a big old Victorian school house, we (me and 1st husband) had to go and stay with friends for a week as had no electricity. I was living in France (with Mr Spratt) when we had Tempete Xynthia, didn't sleep through that though. Thought the whole roof was going to be ripped off.
Well, I was much luckily than you, wasn't I? Thankfully didn't ultimately affect our utilities etc. Cost a load to fix the destruction but ultimately wasn't worth claiming via household insurance at the end of the day.
Although, my XH was kept extremely busy for the next couple of months with his clients' repairs etc. He had a fabulous client base who trusted him 100% - and, God I know I sound like an old record, but lots of whom are nowadays extremely famous theatre/screen actors who still live in N. London - think Muswell Hill/Hampstead.
I am almost certain that after I first met my XH, we arranged to meet at the home of Jim Carter and Imelda Staunton (Downton Abbey etc ) as I got off the train from working in London at Alexandra Palace (where he lived too), they lived just across the green from the station, whilst he was in the throes of giving them a quote for building work at the end of his working day and, so I could hitch a lift back to his place - such lovely, down to earth people and I imagine, exactly the same to this day.
When was Tempete Xynthia? Don't recall that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Anybody else laying in bed wearing a tiara watching the coronation? Just me? I’m definitely not sleeping tonight. 👑

Which channel has the best coverage in the US? I’ve got it on BBC now. Let me know if anyone finds good station.

• Haha
  • Heart
Anybody else laying in bed wearing a tiara watching the coronation? Just me? I’m definitely not sleeping tonight. 👑

Which channel has the best coverage in the US? I’ve got it on BBC now. Let me know if anyone finds good station.
Well, you have surprised me if you are an out and out American. In a good way, of course. ❤
BBC will, without a doubt, have the best coronation coverage within the UK - have no idea about other worldwide channels' coverage.
I always watch all Royal celebrations/events on TV as so much more to see and learn, rather than camping for days on end/standing/sitting in just one spot, for just a fleeting glance,
As a born and bred Brit, the coronation of King Charles III is truly a remarkably historical event.

Long live King Charles and his Queen Camilla. 🍾🍾🍾

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

I’m not sure which US channel Julie Montagu is doing Coronation coverage for but I’d literally switch channels rather than suffer her liberal use of “literally” and “super-[everything]”. She’s a super-irritant.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Well, you have surprised me if you are an out and out American. In a good way, of course. ❤
BBC will, without a doubt, have the best coronation coverage within the UK - have no idea about other worldwide channels' coverage.
I always watch all Royal celebrations/events on TV as so much more to see and learn, rather than camping for days on end/standing/sitting in just one spot.
As a born and bred Brit, the coronation of King Charles III is truly a remarkably historical event.

Long live the King and Queen Camilla. 🍾🍾🍾
Oh, I don’t really have anything against the monarchy and I’m really not entitled to an opinion since I live in the US. However, the history goes back 1000 years, and it is our world’s history, all of the good, bad and ugly. The Crown Jewels and other historic artifacts, gold pieces, the carriages, etc, are wonderful to see. The sheer scope of the pageantry is incredible. Since these are once, or maybe twice in a lifetime events, I like to watch. I can see both sides in people’s opinion on the relevance of the monarchy. Kate Middleton (so happy we can call her a Princess now), just blows me away every single time I see her. Her clothes, her hair, her makeup, her graciousness.

And I will wear my wedding tiara any chance I can find! I still love it so much. I noticed the protective lining in the box was starting to turn yellow when I pulled it out tonight. We’ve been married 20 years, and it just flies by. I’m really hoping one of the younger generation girls in my family would like to wear it for their wedding.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hi @Beachgirl. Just wondering how your house sale and new property search is progressing? Hopefully, all is good and going to plan, i.e. not too stressful. ❤

Well, I was much luckily than you, wasn't I? Thankfully didn't ultimately affect our utilities etc. Cost a load to fix the destruction but ultimately wasn't worth claiming via household insurance at the end of the day.
Although, my XH was kept extremely busy for the next couple of months with his clients' repairs etc. He had a fabulous client base who trusted him 100% - and, God I know I sound like an old record, but lots of whom are nowadays extremely famous theatre/screen actors who still live in N. London - think Muswell Hill/Hampstead.
I am almost certain that after I first met my XH, we arranged to meet at the home of Jim Carter and Imelda Staunton (Downton Abbey etc ) as I got off the train from working in London at Alexandra Palace (where he lived too), they lived just across the green from the station, whilst he was in the throes of giving them a quote for building work at the end of his working day and, so I could hitch a lift back to his place - such lovely, down to earth people and I imagine, exactly the same to this day.
When was Tempete Xynthia? Don't recall that.
2010 it hit the Vendee where I am quite badly. There is a coastal town in the south of the Department where the sea destroyed the sea wall and the water came inland quite a long way. Some people drowned in their homes as they couldn't get out because they had electric shutters on the windows and doors and the power was out. The boats in the Marina at La Rochelle ended up on the promenade and the newly restored promrnade at Les Sables d'Olonne was ripped up. Half of our village was without power for a week. The wind was so strong it came down the chimney in an old bread oven(long gone) which is now our utility room, blew the door off it's hinges jamming it in the doorway of where the old bathroom used to be.

• Wow
  • Sad
2010 it hit the Vendee where I am quite badly. There is a coastal town in the south of the Department where the sea destroyed the sea wall and the water came inland quite a long way. Some people drowned in their homes as they couldn't get out because they had electric shutters on the windows and doors and the power was out. The boats in the Marina at La Rochelle ended up on the promenade and the newly restored promrnade at Les Sables d'Olonne was ripped up. Half of our village was without power for a week. The wind was so strong it came down the chimney in an old bread oven(long gone) which is now our utility room, blew the door off it's hinges jamming it in the doorway of where the old bathroom used to be.
I have never heard of it before now but absolutely horrendous to hear those facts. Have householders near the coast now reverted back to manual operated shutters etc specifically because of what happened? I sincerely hope so.

Reactions: 7
Just checking if my crown is on straight

Also it you type Coronation you should
see a crown ! Edit it hasn’t worked it did a few days ago ! 😕

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Can you assist FRK with her Inner Goddess Workshops?
No! Non!! Niet!!! No FRK at our chateau. We do not need, I repeat, we do not need her kind of enlightenment. We'll all end up throwing ourselves of the ramparts with that kind advice.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I remember as a kid having the Dark Shadows board game. I remember nothing about it, except each player had to assemble a skeleton piece by piece (the player that finished first was the winner), and the pieces were kept in a plastic coffin. The board, if I remember correctly, was 3D and stood up like a doll house resembling the Dark Shadows mansion, or a reasonable facsimile.
This one?!?

IMG_5296.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m watching BBC as well. Tried the Today show, and just couldn’t stand it. About to pour a sparkling rosé, even though it is 4.13 am here.

…and no one asked, but I would MUCH rather attend Jane and Tony’s coronation shindig than F4F’s! Actual French people attending! Tony cleaned the ceilings of outdoor spaces being used! Jane’s coronation chicken looked great.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Enjoying the music of the Coronation.

Dark Shadows fans....I lived in Panama years ago and was friends with Little David Collins (David Henesey) and wife. He was just opening his first restaurant and to this day continues with his restaurants. They are excellent. We can invite him to the Tattle Chateau.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Oh, I don’t really have anything against the monarchy and I’m really not entitled to an opinion since I live in the US. However, the history goes back 1000 years, and it is our world’s history, all of the good, bad and ugly. The Crown Jewels and other historic artifacts, gold pieces, the carriages, etc, are wonderful to see. The sheer scope of the pageantry is incredible. Since these are once, or maybe twice in a lifetime events, I like to watch. I can see both sides in people’s opinion on the relevance of the monarchy. Kate Middleton (so happy we can call her a Princess now), just blows me away every single time I see her. Her clothes, her hair, her makeup, her graciousness.

And I will wear my wedding tiara any chance I can find! I still love it so much. I noticed the protective lining in the box was starting to turn yellow when I pulled it out tonight. We’ve been married 20 years, and it just flies by. I’m really hoping one of the younger generation girls in my family would like to wear it for their wedding.
I can't speak for anyone else, only myself, of course. But, having been brought up with a Queen who, even when I was very young, was a constant in my life, therefore, I can't envision a time when there won't be a UK Monarch.

OK, the Royal Family don't ultimately govern UK laws BUT, they are the backbone and a "constant" within UK society outside of politics. Again, I must stress, just my personal POV.
However my 10 year older sister in her lifetime has been a Georgian, an Elizabethan and now a Carolean - WOW = simply mind blowing! :coronation:

@SleepingBeauty123 - you wear your wedding tiara absolutely every opportunity you can grab and I hope that your daughters will wish to wear it at their weddings too. ❤
---
I’m watching BBC as well. Tried the Today show, and just couldn’t stand it. About to pour a sparkling rosé, even though it is 4.13 am here.

…and no one asked, but I would MUCH rather attend Jane and Tony’s coronation shindig than F4F’s! Actual French people attending! Tony cleaned the ceilings of outdoor spaces being used! Jane’s coronation chicken looked great.
Totally agree - cheers to the sparking rose too.
Jane and Tony will put on a good "do" and they have Patrick and Stuart providing the quiches and Victoria sponges too which, imo, will not in any way be cheap/frugal.
Although, have to say, I have never, ever been a fan of coronation chicken - well, only if it is hot and bb'd - updating the original 1953 cold version, of course, within pitta breads or buns, perhaps. Who knows?
Patrick and Stuart alluded to the fact that they will be attending a v.v. well known chateau owner's party on Sunday - I wonder where that may be?
They made no mention of baking for that event, did they - good!
Stephanie Jarvis earns enough via her numerous YT channels to put on a good spread for her guests - time will tell, of course. Won't hold my breath, obviously given the recent offerings at the HMN. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Oh God
Sharing some "Happy News"
Oh good grief. Is she up the duff? Was it an immaculate conception! I'm sorry I have to say this - she is so desperately pathetic.
---
Did you ask your son what it means?
(ie - not physical fighting)
---

I've just found 'stealth camping' vlogs - it's quite fascinating but I think I'll get bored with it soon. I've watched one where he stealth camps behind a motorway billboard and one where he stealth camps by a disused railway line. I blame vloggers for my newly developed ADHD.
I think you're getting me confused with @Beachgirl no offence Beachgirl. I regularly shock my innocent son with my "knowledge" and "life stories". Why do kids think you never had a life before them! I seem to have become the cool mum with his uni mates. Totally unintentional. I think bleeping about in IKEA with them and getting thrown out was the icebreaker. Their parents are still uptight and discovering life. Benefits of being a geriatric parent, we've lived several lives!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.