The Chateau Diaries #237 If you haven't been blocked, you're not trying hard enough!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey what about 🪨 📄 ✂? I'm not an attorney but it's been explained to me that international law only comes into play if above mentioned 🪨📄 ✂ has not been used in good faith. Just sayin....
---
The

The lady in the post has her own youtube channel, she seems to making $ which is wonderful since she's not had an easy life.
I'm with Father Moriarty, love a good whiskey and a smoke lol
I once resolved an international incident with Rochambeau and a platter of fresh falafel and tabouleh. I still use the ambassador’s recipe for tzatziki. He did despair of me ever learning the property technique for flatbreads though.😇

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm really sorry - but I don't/can't watch CDs anymore. Why was Marie not cooking?
Did SJ not even assist snorts with the cooking?
Maybe she only cooks on the weekends when guest are there. During the weekdays, they take turns to cook. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 17
From the pics I’ve seen she was pretty frumpy until her mid-thirties. I think that’s when she befriended Tess and got a similar makeover. Too-blonde hair, mini-dresses, and hooker costumes. It’s not playing well for either of them for the moment. It’s time for them to adopt the no-makeup, tousled-hair, Jennifer Aniston wardrobe look. Fanny needs to see an expert to cover the red in her face, and match it to her neck, without looking like she’s caked the makeup on. She’s dressing like a seventy-year old most of the time and it’s not doing her any favors.

I’m having a bit of an “oh duck! I’m past fifty” moment myself right now and it’s disorienting. I’m not ready for coastal grandma yet, and have been opting for anything weird that I like. (Mountain Dew tshirt + blazer, cropped boyfriend jeans and platform Converse anyone? No-makeup and a dead strait Bob with no bangs. Oh, and ALL of my diamonds.) I’m a weird lil unit.
You basically said my daily outfit except the t shirt. Mine is usually a black v neck or any colour in a v neck and some fabulous dangle earrings, maybe a necklace and bangles. Converse’s are normal. Though, I do have pink and green velvet ones. I wear light makeup like Jennifer Anniston and my hair is a wavey/curly shoulder length Bob. I also wear it up in a messy bun.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
F
Fannys watch at the florist. Twenty to one……
Yes ,mid day plus two and a half hours to the brocante..
Fanny visited the Farmer Flower mid-day on Sunday mid-day enroute to the Loire Valley, stayed Sunday night in the Loire Valley, slept in on Monday and got her ass to the brocante late morning. I'd bet money they stayed in the Loire Valley on Monday night and didn't return to the shitoo until late Tuesday. (thus the rush in preparing the lousy birthday party dinner on Tuesday evening).

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Fanny visited the Farmer Flower mid-day on Sunday mid-day enroute to the Loire Valley, stayed Sunday night in the Loire Valley, slept in on Monday and got her ass to the brocante late morning. I'd bet money they stayed in the Loire Valley on Monday night and didn't return to the shitoo until late Tuesday. (thus the rush in preparing the lousy birthday party dinner on Tuesday evening).
Without a shadow of a doubt, Sherlock. :) ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 10
In Dans production from yesterday, did you notice the person in the backround when they are talking by the car. Appears to be a male and skinny like Dan blue top green pants and glasses on head, arms crossed. HAd to go full screen to ensure it wasn't Philip around for a kabob

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I can make pie. Really GOOD pie and just about everything else. I can wallpaper, use a tiller in the garden, mud dry wall, pour concrete, paint,..... I do draw the line at ironing...I do it, but hate too....can cut and color everybody's hair...and I clean like a PRO!!!! I am in. Lets go find a chateau!!!!

Actually my dream is to live in the UK. Nevermind.😆
I'm good at baking, flower arranging, interior design and have strong organizational skills. I can mix a mean cocktail and I DO enjoy ironing!
I'm currently packing up to move. Lord A and I don't know exactly where yet, but I hear France is lovely this time of year!
Happy to be on the advance scout team along with Davy. 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
In Dans production from yesterday, did you notice the person in the backround when they are talking by the car. Appears to be a male and skinny like Dan blue top green pants and glasses on head, arms crossed. HAd to go full screen to ensure it wasn't Philip around for a kabob
No idea who that guy was? :unsure:
I am thinking that the guy who is employed by that company, Chausson Materiaux,fr was there to advise BUT, more importantly, maybe also a future sponsor as Dan gave the car, high viz jackets and their chat a lot of exposure. And, the guy even said, "it is a pleasure to help you"! ;)

• Wow
Reactions: 11
So what so you all think of Billy’s ghost theme video? It ended so abruptly. My goodness so much has been done but they haven't even scratched the surface yet.

Reactions: 15
I can play the piano for our after dinner entertainment, and then I’ll take the night watch since I can’t sleep. I also can be the accountant, who files our returns on time and accurately. But, I’d prefer to just braid everyone’s hair and do everyone’s makeup.
I can’t seem to tell a story without acting out different bits of it. My family calls them re-enactments. So, I can be in charge of entertainment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
And he eats from his plastic pot. You are right, it is as if they think people aspire to live as they do.

Fanny said she want’s people to come and experience a stay as if they had stepped back in time. But was it staying in a hovel or chateau.
Late cold unappealing food served on plates that cost way more than any meal they serve.

As for their hosting skills clueless rude and appalling as has been
Exactly!
And the difference is, they put on these pretentious displays for the camera while the rest of us don't
I wouldn't be caught dead walking around eating something with my hands in front of company.
I have stayed in plenty of beautiful chateaux, felt like I stepped back in time, but had plenty of hot water, and wall paper that actually was still sticking to the walls. Not to mention beautiful coordinated bed linens and tableware...

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The monarchy is tone deaf. They are fearful if they change any of this pomp and ceremony people will decide they are no longer needed. I’m pretty sure there are just as many people who love it as there are those who could care less about it. Now, full disclosure, I live in the states and we are a hot mess. If a certain person would be re-elected, I need to find a new place to live. I would like warm temps and access to the beach and not be afraid to leave my house. Not asking much??😳
Current or Former?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm good at baking, flower arranging, interior design and have strong organizational skills. I can mix a mean cocktail and I DO enjoy ironing!
I'm currently packing up to move. Lord A and I don't know exactly where yet, but I hear France is lovely this time of year!
Happy to be on the advance scout team along with Davy. 😄
I've always been told I am a great project manager plus, never afraid to get my hand dirty as part of any team. Especially once a project is completed to clients' satisfaction and pride within the team.
Garden design and any kind of gardening is my bag too. Adore watching wildlife/birds enjoy the results.
Happy to cook for any occasion - used to give frequent family parties for 30+, although nothing fancy but at least it would be edible and appropriate portions offered. Mary Berry and my Reader's Digest Bible would certainly help, plus Google, of course! :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Why would Spencer1508 direct you on youtube to go watch the video on their website?

Reactions: 8
Totally hors sujet of CD... so pass on by if you're not interested.

When the Johnny Depp film Dark Shadows came out I was totally unaware that this had been a hugely popular TV series. Another that had never aired in the UK, as far as I know. My French friends kept going on about it and how good it was as a series and that the Depp film was quite good. Totally oblivious.
I used to rush home after school as a kid to watch Dark Shadows. I also had an autographed photo of Jonathan Frid aka Barnabas Collins (the vampire). Wish I knew whatever happened to it! Lost to time.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.