The Chateau Diaries #236 Tattlers have seen a crotch quiz and tulip-gate, but NO renovations or accounts!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As we’re all such super fans of the Shat-oh and it’s inmates, surely we should pool our dimes and send the shittelaine and her lady’s maid something from the Highgrove Coronation Collection? Fanny just won’t be able to celebrate Chuck the Third’s ascension to the throne without the appropriate accessories. I’ll be very surprised if some of these bits of overpriced tat don’t show up!

She could commission this design as wallpaper.

(I think it’s lovely, tho perhaps not £350 lovely)

IMG_0121.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It's going to be breathtaking when in full bloom, and he loved creating it and choosing the plants and where to put them. A true gardener
I do worry though whether that piece of plastic he put under the soil will prevent the plants putting their roots deep enough. It wasnt needed and I'd hate him to be saddened if a lot of the plants don't survive.
I also wondered why they put that membrane down, I think they haven't taken into account the spread of some of those plants, it looks great now but will soon all need thinning out.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's going to be breathtaking when in full bloom, and he loved creating it and choosing the plants and where to put them. A true gardener
I do worry though whether that piece of plastic he put under the soil will prevent the plants putting their roots deep enough. It wasnt needed and I'd hate him to be saddened if a lot of the plants don't survive.
It wasn't plastic! It was landscape fabric (what we call it here in the US - whoever it was that put it on for Michael said it was called "bash" in France - at least I think that's what he called it, it was hard to hear/understand him). I also don't believe the garden was fully planted, for whatever reason. Towards the end of the video, a lot of the pots were visible, showing above-ground. I think the landscape fabric prevented them from digging the hole - you have the cut an "X" through the fabric for each plant and then dig. Maybe Michael was ready to film and just wanted to get on with that and will go back and truly plant! Let's hope so, as it was quite pretty!

Reactions: 19
It is and didn't good ole Kev put a base board around it. Where is Kev, haven't seen him for ages.
---

A meeting with his Trichologist ?
---

Every time we've taken friends to Veuve Amiot, done the degustation, got pissed (or should I be a lady and say slightly tipsy) and left with several cases. The last time we went, which admittedly was a fair few years back our combined order came out on a bloody trolley. They do a wonderful sparkling red. Unless it's changed (like the visit for Cointreau did) if you're ever in Saumur the tour of the wine caves which run under the city is well worth it.
I can only drink slightly sparkling red wine because ordinarily red wine gives me such a headache. Obviously, v.v. expensive red wine is totally another story! M&S used to do a fabulous slightly sparkling red wine - although, haven't seen it instore for many years.

Reactions: 7
I think people even shared cuttings. 💗
Yes, picked that up too, plus they mentioned they had cuttings from a plant from teabag's GrandMother. That's a sweet way to remember her by. The Pethericks have had their faults vlogging in the past, but the one thing that comes across is they are very family orientated and look after each other.
I am beginning to really enjoy his vlogs again. Especially his choice of ariel shots and music.
Fanny seems to be copying the tunes Dan picks for his anti H&S vlogs. She is sooooooo lazy.
---
I can only drink slightly sparkling red wine because ordinarily red wine gives me such a headache. Obviously, v.v. expensive red wine is totally another story! M&S used to do a fabulous slightly sparkling red wine - although, haven't seen it instore for many years.
I think Jacobs Creek first introduced that into the UK :unsure: Then M&S jumped on that band wagon, the the rest followed. Waitrose still sell it btw

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
It wasn't plastic! It was landscape fabric (what we call it here in the US - whoever it was that put it on for Michael said it was called "bash" in France - at least I think that's what he called it, it was hard to hear/understand him). I also don't believe the garden was fully planted, for whatever reason. Towards the end of the video, a lot of the pots were visible, showing above-ground. I think the landscape fabric prevented them from digging the hole - you have the cut an "X" through the fabric for each plant and then dig. Maybe Michael was ready to film and just wanted to get on with that and will go back and truly plant! Let's hope so, as it was quite pretty!
In my experience, I would never lay a plant suppressing membrane in a garden that will ordinarily, organically mature over time - absolutely no need! Especially as his "piano" area didn't appear to have weeds, e.g. rather good soil imo, and with the additional organic matter from the forest, even more so. Mick knows his stuff for sure along with Sherrie.
Plus, self seeding is great for creating more plants too for free. And, if you don't want the self seeding element, then you just weed out the seedlings that you don't want in any particular position. Simples!
Have had to do the same in my garden in connection with Forget me Nots - beautiful, but can become such a nuisance for other plants to receive enough sunlight etc in order to grow at this time of year.
Michael is correct, planting close together eliminates an awful lot of weeding too. Has always been my philosophy and works well. I love formal lines BUT, 100%, informal planting that flows over the same formal lines. They chose some great plants but, some of them were mis-placed in connection with height etc. No real problem, because once everything grows and they recognise which are being overshadowed etc, especially the hostas, just move them around at the end of the day.
Gertrude Jerkyll was the master of the English Cottage Garden style - Beatrix Potter just loved gardening.
Hey Michael, if you are reading here, bulbs would be an additional bonus too, when appropriate Daffs, tulips and Nerine bowdenii are really easy and add additional interest too throughout the year.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
What a bunch of absolutely up their own arses they all are! Not many "likes" either. I would be totally embarrassed to look back at those photos! o_O Does make you wonder how many of them still wish to be associated with the HMN?
The thing is if the gangsta granny's followed the breadcrumbs and saw what a decadent waste of a life she was pre chateau DIY and pre chateau diaries and how she loves herself and that decadent lifestyle just a little too much would they still follow her and throw money at her?

• Heart
Probably called it a bache which is a generic term for something that covers. Be it a tarpaulin or geotextile ground cover. The geotex stuff you buy here in France has a tendency to break down over years whichever type you use. I've used it for a rose garden and also for drive edging where I just want to put fancy gravel on the top with no planting to stop the weeds.

• Heart
One thing that really bugs me is when her ladyship had to do a fashion show when dresses arrive and all the twirling and Look at me look at me really makes my blood boil like she is so full of herself !
How all the clothes sent always seem to be the right size beats me 😂
Having not watched for ages, and against my better judgement, I had a peek at the Gift Grab just now. And there was Fanny, modelling the amazing designer dresses sent in from an Aussie chap. You're right @RubyT Fanny did the obligatory twirls, and apart from one, they all bloody fitted paaaaaaaarfectly.
Swirling around she announced ‘we need to go on a holiday just to wear these dresses’.
Like when isn’t she ever NOT on one.
She makes me want to puke 🤢

EDIT : John, who sent the dresses posted on the vlog. John you're deranged. She doesn't care, why you sent them, just that you did. And please dont encourage her to buy any more bloody shoes, hats, and pearls FGS :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

aP43BNGkx-Os1R-dy7tcplXp=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Gastronomique
9 hours ago
Im so thrilled you loved the dresses, I enjoyed choosing them for you with lots of magical places in mind to wear them. I think La Dolce Vita (scene from Under the Tuscan Sun) dancing in the fountain like the Fellini film. Now just some wide brimmed hats in black or white, ropes of pearls and stunning heels! Hugs John from Australia.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I do wish the cropped trousers and 3/4 sleeve trend would go away. As a tall girl, it annoys me! Why on earth is this even a trend?!? Fashion is emulating the "Tall Girl Plight" vice making clothing that actually fits us!
She has been wearing them for the past 3 years so shes not an on trend person. She desperately needs a new wardrobe.

• Heart
The aforementioned twosome trampled bluebells with their picnic blanket and cut them for floral arrangements. In the UK both are illegal. Dr Goggle said in some areas of France it is also against the law. Is Lalande in one of these areas?
In France, H. non-scripta is largely confined to the northern half of the country.[29] It is not legally protected at the national level, but it is protected in many of the départements towards the edge of its range (Corrèze, Loiret, Gironde, Lot-et-Garonne, Dordogne, Cher, Eure-et-Loir, Indre-et-Loire and Loir-et-Cher).[29] In Wallonia, H. non-scripta is protected under Annexe VII of the Loi sur la conservation de la nature.[30]

• Wow
how long is since angelina left phil? was it last year? ladies on brenda'a fb just discovered it and there is a lot of broken hearts, hoping for reconcilation.
I recently joined that page and began reading the comments. My God those people are not right in the head. Maybe we aren't right in the head either. 😂 its like reading sickly sweet treakle, basically the opposite of us hags and trolls. 🤣
---
I watched MPeth's garden Vlog. Well, now that is a garden. Manageable and enjoyable tout suite. I'd have a glass of rosé or cup of tea outside enjoying that. Not the mudfield eyeing a derelict chapel and falling Chateau facade. With our without frogs.
I guess he wasn't pleased with Mo’s repair job. At least Mo tried. No one else seemed to be bothered with the green house until now.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
No the way we all did it in the past is still the right way. The paper needs booking.
“Booking” is the method of folding the wallpaper in on itself after pasting to allow it to relax and to keep it from drying out.
I am so glad you said this, I have never wall papered but I thought you were supposed to put the paper glue side together until you went to hang it, something about having the glue react better. I never thought they knew what they were doing, but what else is new??

• Heart
Good evening, America.
I'm Chloe Sevigny.
It's recently come to my attention that...
1683044381256.png
1683044418643.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.