The Chateau Diaries #236 Tattlers have seen a crotch quiz and tulip-gate, but NO renovations or accounts!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was sneaky as she said curtain drops which can be mistaken for pairs. I’ve attached a couple of tables which might explain this better than I can.
I don’t know how wide the average window would be so will work on 230cm. Each curtain requires enough fullness for 2-2.5 fullness depending on the heading used. Knowing Fanny I bet she went for 2 widths per curtain. This means each pair of curtains would be made up of 4 drops. This would be 25 pairs of curtains. Some windows would be wider so may need 5 drops per pair so 20 pairs.
I would make a useless tutor.

Attachments

Reactions: 22
Exactly.
How did she not wake up while the things were being moved . . . because she was jolly well awake.
I can't see her not having a say as to where all the furniture would be positioned.

My eyes were continually drawn to the two cracks in the wall and the bulging wall coverings in the bedroom near the fireplace.

I don't know which I found more of a turn off today . . . Laura and her disgusting faecal deposits or Stephanie and Philip's sexy time amongst the bluebells.

Reactions: 30
The thing is - if you thought like an adult, you would hire someone to do the stuff you don't want to, so you could make money in the long run. She can't even get that right.
100% agree with you. When I was younger I would do all the decorating etc in my homes without giving it a second thought - primarily because I didn't have much "spare" cash! These days, just can't be bothered AND, I can afford to pay a professional, therefore less chance of a mishap/mistake, they do it faster and they do all the clearing up afterwards. Perfect!
Pools cost a fortune to install in the first instance and are long term weekly high maintenance too. Added to which, the HMN doesn't have a readily available external water source either, does it?
TBH, from what I can gather, SJ only has paying B&B guests for 3 days pw over a 5/6 month period pa. How many days is that - IDK? Maths is not my strong point! Defo wouldn't be a viable option for enjoyment during the winter months even without guests.

Reactions: 9

Jun 10, 2021

From the comments, WHAT'S DAN DONE THIS TIME...
The Chateau Diaries
9 hours ago
It’s called ‘Jasper Peony’ by the British wallpaper manufacturer Lewis and Wood. I love it too!

Bonne Maman bathroom

£74.35 per metre
I am not a fan of wallpapered bathrooms. This was also done before she was spending other people's money for bathroom wallpaper? I doubt Lalande has proper bathroom ventilation. Who thinks the kidney shaped, ugly fabric draped vanity table with feathers is necessary? Have they ever hung a real mirror over the sink? Wallpaper on the right, tasteful, wallpaper on the left sad... Ok, I need to stop.

Reactions: 29
Exactly on the mirrors that’s a hella job, you have to secure them with proper hanging hardware and secure with screws into studs, that didn’t happen overnight I can’t see Amoire not doing a proper job, otherwise those mirrors could fall. The curtains are ridiculous in a bathroom and so is wallpaper around a bath, anyone using a oily bath product is going to stain those walls we had to take wallpaper down in a rental because it got so disgusting

Reactions: 18
Random Survey - Is Fanny:

- hung over
- sleepy after waking up at her usual time (mid-afternoon)
- sleepy after waking up early (noon)
- suffering from hay-fever after her drunk nap in the bluebell wood
- looking more like Gerry every day

Attachments

Reactions: 36
Random Survey - Is Fanny:

- hung over
- sleepy after waking up at her usual time (mid-afternoon)
- sleepy after waking up early (noon)
- suffering from hay-fever after her drunk nap in the bluebell wood
- looking more like Gerry every day

All of the above. There aren't enough emojjii's

Reactions: 25
Before I go to work. Happy May 1st, haydurs.
View attachment 2139954
My lily of the valley still has to make its presence felt in my garden. Might never happen as I moved some bulbs around last year whilst recreating my "new" garden beds and lawn. It was a gamble - who knows? Although, I think I may still be in with a chance.
BUT, what I can 100% thankfully confirm, is that there are no giant docks or other pernicious weeds that will live on forever until eternity through lack of prep work!

Reactions: 12
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait! Is that bathtub up on blocks?!? Like a broken down Ford Fiesta in a trailer park yard?!? I knew Staph was déclassé but that takes the cake!(biscuit for you overseas tattlers)

Reactions: 33
OMG how many times did he say I have a meeting. Must be his first ever one. He must feel sooooo important now
A therapist for his personality disorder, or his probation officer for his crimes against music and dance.

Reactions: 24
Who the hell with any savvy would wallpaper above a bath (without some kind of high tiling splashback) or, within a shower cubicle? Have I read those pictures correctly, or was the shower picture just a reflection within that room? TBH, not a fan of either wallpaper.

Reactions: 17
No there are grey tiles in the shower cubicle the rest is reflections off the cubicle doors. Hideous room so not fit for purpose.

Reactions: 17
He probably hovered the steam iron near them for a minute.... her idea of 'cleaning' is not like most
I don’t believe they have a steam cleaner otherwise they would have cleaned the pigeon shit off the gold chair, they wouldn’t be arsed to go rent one

Reactions: 19
One reference came back mentioning Ackerman, which is not that far from me in Saumur and very nice fizz it is too
www.ackerman.fr. I'm thinking it's all part of a bigger co operative.

My favourite fizz though has to be Veuve Amiot, have visited the caves many times and done the degustation www.veuveamiot.fr

Reactions: 13
Ooooo, Veuve Amiot looks lovely. My experience with champers and other fizzes is the more expensive, the less I like it. Is there a particular one you like of theirs? If I can’t order it online my local wine merchant will try and get it for me.

Reactions: 11
Didn't quite catch what she said but I think "Lalande outdoor area", it looks scruffy / dirty enough for CHMN and ideal for Snorts.
(Can you belive this woman uploaded this video advertising her childcare facility in this state ???).
Nick the tree man should make an amazing tree house with some of that wood, not Amoury, for the guests to read a book in or make it more luxurious. Instead he takes the wood away. She is a numpty.
---
Just for you the view of the IOW from my balcony/ sitting room taken last week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I don’t believe they have a steam cleaner otherwise they would have cleaned the pigeon shit off the gold chair, they wouldn’t be arsed to go rent one
and they could have cleaned the long ignored menstrual stain on the couch !

Reactions: 23
I know very little about the quality of French wine but I’ve been to a family run champagne winery in Grasse which is very popular with the locals. You sit around a table with other customers and try small glasses of any of the champagnes you wish to try. I can’t remember which I bought apart from having to carry a crate of it all the way home on the train. I know it was the every day one bought by the locals.
certain times of the year they sell bottles filled with champagne chocolates. Naturally I had to buy one for myself.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.