The Chateau Diaries #234 LieLande you'd have to be mad to work there, just a coincidence that everyone is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TorontoGWM said:

So far I hate their kitchen. Hate the tile. I dislike 4 inch square tile stacked.

It took me a while to figure why I didn't like their kitchen and it's the kitchen counter. It looks like a cheap, thin 1970's beige vinyl countertop. It appears dirty and dull against the white tiles and the grey cabinets. They should have splashed some cash on white granite counter tops with shades of grey veins running the the surface and installed them with a waterfall edge.
View attachment 2114018
They've said the counter tops are only a temporary measure and would be stripped out and used in one other their gites. They went down this route because the permanent counter tops they ordered were being custom built and wouldn't be ready for a while yet. Like you though, I'm not sure about the tiles. Not so much the shape, but the colour, an off white with a pearl sheen. I suppose when added to the over all look they might be okay; time will tell.

"We did it ourselves" seems to be Stuart and Patrick's new motto. I wonder what Michael Petherick thinks of it? 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Fanny now has real issues. She is scraping the barrel for content and Natti and Amaury moving to their "little house" (note how she said that so snidely in a passive way) brings up multiple issues for her. 1) They are the only two who show a modicum of care to guests and a successful B nB operation only works if you have people on hand 24/7 to deal with any niggles. There is no way she will be there as she is going to want to travel, so who will care for guests 2) It shows cracks have appeared in her relationship with the cousin who I believe has patience but it has more than been tested. She has run that man into the ground treating him like a slave to fix even the tiniest issue and wasting his talent. If she had played it differently she would have got a team of trades in to help him and be way forward on jobs. I think Cuz now sees Fanny as we do there is not a loving relationship there it is actually quite frosty. 3) Her patreon numbers are steadily falling questions are coming up again under patreon flog. There is very little life love and laughter if it was that Cuz would not be leaving. Fanny now has literally no cast to provide interesting content. Snorts is death to viewing figures, Marie is going to lose it this season because she will be doing everything. Kirsty and husband are boring as is Pavlina so Fanny you need to regroup and fast. I suspect Marie Wiik will be back very soon for the season. I also suspect even super fans will not be happy with B n B accommodation this year the place is an utter shambles. She has no consideration that these are peoples annual holiday and they are looking forward to it and it is expensive to come from America. She has had months to get the room ship shape, but no just a measly coat of white emulsion will do. Surely people are going to see these rooms could have been prepped much earlier. Lalande is like the Marie Celeste at this point.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Thank you for setting up the new thread and Karma stay calm and well and thank you for the patron vlog.
The dump really is turning into a soap.
Squirrel is chasing out everyone. Maria will slap him or hit him soon, good.
Fanny take that filthy old lady cardigan off.
The reason cuz was not having a melt down about his workshop being halved by the new boilers is because he is probably moving all to his new pad. He would NOT want the likes of Dan helping himself to tools in his absence.
Soon Cuz will not want Natty to be working evenings and weekends. Fanny is screwed . She really will have to get up in the morning or she will have no one to film.
One awful thought are Kevin and Ombeline being flattered by Fanny and will be moving in !?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Their benches are a temporary fix.
When they get the benches they want, these temporary benches will go into a gite.
I wouldn't even put those benches in a gite. They look cheap.
If you can't afford to do it right the first time and pay for it yourself, then buy a smaller, cheaper house requiring fewer renovations.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Can you imagine? Fanny is practically alone in that huge farmhouse now, in the middle of nowhere. That would feel so lonely to me. Having PhiPhi there for protection wouldn’t make me feel very good, either. I’m not trying to sound sexist, but I wonder if Isabelle and Fanny wanted Selmar around partly because having a man on the property at night made them feel safer? Then Armaury came and filled that role, making Selmar even more obsolete? I don’t think PhiPhi could fend off a mouse! (don’t come after me…I know plenty of women who can protect themselves 😊).

IMG_5094.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Have a little Upper East Side break on me!

It sucks when business and real life steal me away from Tattle Chateauverse. :ROFLMAO: ✌
Thanks for this new thread, @ComtesseRose. (y)

Also, glad to hear that @Karma baby! is doing a lot better. Omidvaram zoodtar khub shi.

View attachment 2114002
View attachment 2114004

Sorry for the derail, now back to Lalande!

View attachment 2114009
the last picture was so unnecessary! it hurts my eyes! you can go onto the naughty step!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Fanny now has real issues. She is scraping the barrel for content and Natti and Amaury moving to their "little house" (note how she said that so snidely in a passive way) brings up multiple issues for her. 1) They are the only two who show a modicum of care to guests and a successful B nB operation only works if you have people on hand 24/7 to deal with any niggles. There is no way she will be there as she is going to want to travel, so who will care for guests 2) It shows cracks have appeared in her relationship with the cousin who I believe has patience but it has more than been tested. She has run that man into the ground treating him like a slave to fix even the tiniest issue and wasting his talent. If she had played it differently she would have got a team of trades in to help him and be way forward on jobs. I think Cuz now sees Fanny as we do there is not a loving relationship there it is actually quite frosty. 3) Her patreon numbers are steadily falling questions are coming up again under patreon flog. There is very little life love and laughter if it was that Cuz would not be leaving. Fanny now has literally no cast to provide interesting content. Snorts is death to viewing figures, Marie is going to lose it this season because she will be doing everything. Kirsty and husband are boring as is Pavlina so Fanny you need to regroup and fast. I suspect Marie Wiik will be back very soon for the season. I also suspect even super fans will not be happy with B n B accommodation this year the place is an utter shambles. She has no consideration that these are peoples annual holiday and they are looking forward to it and it is expensive to come from America. She has had months to get the room ship shape, but no just a measly coat of white emulsion will do. Surely people are going to see these rooms could have been prepped much earlier. Lalande is like the Marie Celeste at this point.
One can only imagine the love bombing Fanny has been throwing towards FRK to encourage her return to the shitoo for the B&B season. Wonder if Fanny's trying to get the old band back together and working to entice Kat back as well.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
One can only imagine the love bombing Fanny has been throwing towards FRK to encourage her return to the shitoo for the B&B season. Wonder if Fanny's trying to get the old band back together and working to entice Kat back as well.
I hope Amaury goes in with Dan and she is left high and dry she deserves it she has given her cousin no respect. Just shows the days of fun evenings in the kitchen are long gone. Now just Fanny, Snorts, Marie and Pavlina. Marie will be treated like a dogs body this year it will be her getting up to do breakfast and boulangerie run

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
It could be Dana.
Another possibility is it's someone connected to the camera crew.
The woman is in a dress she walks to pick something up and then returns to teh back of the Chateau. Dana is really an asumption and agree could be absolutely any Woman, she definately isn't elegant in bending over legs apart squat pick up. Too elegantly dressed and wouldn't be hands on.

Why leave it in? Well maybe its innocent enough, hes left it to start us off on assumptions an speculation. Bit of entertainment for him and CD crowd they have done it to us before.

Reactions: 21
Yes . . . such a bitchy put down . . . but so typical.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I've woken up to a great day already, and I've not stepped out the door yet!
We've got a new thread - thanks @ComtesseRose - a great title - thanks @Lochness Monster for naming the thread and @MadameChat for nominating it - and I've made the 'most liked threads' for the first time ever. Perhaps I should swear a bit more on here :):)
AND now I know who you know who is on here!!!!!
Also thanks to @Karma baby! for the patreon vlog. AnneMarie & Nasti leaving the building has given us a whole new angle to witch talk about.
I’m having a bit of a Gwyneth moment 😂

1681986736833.png

Is it Friday yet? I feel like celebrating 🍾🍾🍾;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
So much for Nattis apartment that was stuffed with insulation by builder Ian, and has been abandoned ever since he left, who the hell wanted to live in that half created shoe box anyway, it may be big enough for a day kennel for Molly when she is at CHMN.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
So much for Nattis apartment that was stuffed with insulation by builder Ian, and has been abandoned ever since he left, who the hell wanted to live in that half created shoe box anyway, it may be big enough for a day kennel for Molly when she is at CHMN.
Natti and Amaury have been moved from pillar to post she hasn't even respected them enough to give them their own quarters, yet that odious Prince of Pubes gets a permanent "office" even Natti's work space is in a public corridor.

Reactions: 35
We don't know the details about Amaury and Nati moving out. There are probably several factors, as have been mentioned here: the constant pink phone, the non-completion of Nati's apartment etc. However, I wonder, if Philip were not there lording it over him, whether Amaury would be happy to stay living at the CHMN. It seems like Fanny has chosen Philip over her own cousin, who is the only one to do any work there. Not good news for the animals, the b&b guests or any renovation.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Just caught up ! Can't wait to see what the dynamics will be at the Shittoo now Amaury and Nutti have moved out . Hope that it causes friction between Fanny & Snorts and he gets the heave ho ! *rubs hands in anticipation* :sneaky:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I think SJ may look at the maths and take a leaf out of How to Renovate's book (actually why are they making a fuss of doing up their last two bedrooms if no bnb) and stop doing bnb and just offer gite apartments with no dinner with her highness available either (she won't be there anyway).
The bookings in the diary will be honoured but any gaps will be unavailable. The music workshops needed the pianos in the right place and the grand salon for gathering ,so there goes the "trained opera singer's " opportunity to show off (saves everyone from bleeding ears).

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Thanks @ComtesseRose for the thread @Karma baby! thanks for posting so everyone can watch I have the whole day to watch it in small chunks because she is so annoying note she only has paint on her hands none on her clothes. If you really are painting however cold the house you wouldn't need a cardigan. She has had the whole winter to get the place ready and she is painting a bathroom white. Little Greene would have sent samples moths ago in the post little Pube shouldn't have been going to London they are pathetic

Couple of patron comments these people are thick as mince THERE ARE NO PLAND FOR ANY OF THE SODDING APARTMENTS.

Cara M.
8h
Congrats Amaury and Nati (and Molly, too) on your first official home together as a family! Does this move cause any changes towards the plan for Nati’s apartment? Also, that view of the sunset and the tower from the window was so beautiful, I loved that perspective so much!

MaryEllen Meekins
7h
I was thinking the same thing about that view!
John Young
7h
How cool for Amaury and Nati and if they set up a YouTube channel I will support them too!

Sheree Jones
7h
Good decision for Armoury and Nati to move out I work from home and the balance is awful I find myself doing emails at ungodly hours always in call you do need a switch off time ❤

MaryEllen Meekins
7h
Thank you for taking the time to make this for us!!! Good luck! I said a prayer for you! I'm super excited to see these videos coming up!!! I'm glad Nati and Amaury got a place to retreat to. Did they take the furniture you bought for Nati's apartment with them? Or are you saving that for when the apartment is done? I assume the apartment, when it is finished, will now be used for guests? Oh! How about it being used for live in staff/volunteers like Pavlina?

Carol Pocklington
7h
Good move Amaury, Nati and Molly. wishing you all the very best in your new home.

Paula Cook
7h
I love whatever I can get about Chataeaux Lalande and its amazing people. But I must admit I do miss the old monthly review of expenditure (even tho that is none of my business), an overview of all projects, even if they are on hold. :) Also maybe not what is a project yet but some things you want to do, for example will the dining room table chairs be recovered?

David and Patti Ewing
6h
I enjoyed when they presented the projects and we got to vote.

Leah Uerkwitz
22min
Yes, it was always really fun to review the expenditures and to vote on the next goal!

THIS LAST COMMENT GETS RIGHT ON MY BLOODY NERVES THIS ARSE LICKER IS THERE EVERY WEEK JUSTIFYING FANNY. NO THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE SHE IS CHARGING£200 A NIGHT FOR A SHODDY ROOM SHE HAS HAD MONTHS TO GET THIS DONE BUT TOO BUSY TRAVELLING AND SHOPPING TO CARE ABOUT BOOKED IN GUESTS

Hope Grable
6h
Wonderful news about Amaury and Nattie. So happy for them!! Good luck with all the preparations. I'm certain everything will be just fine. The people coming to visit already know that Lalande is in a state of repair, so I'm sure they will be very gracious (hopefully) about all the work in progress happening around the chateau. Sending you all love and well wishes for a successful B&B season.
Oh FFS! some people are as thick as tit!
---
Oh christ no! not the depressive and the overbearing beer chugger.! What I want to see is Maria lose it and slap Snorts across the kisser with a wet cod.

Thank you @ComtesseRose for the new thread and @Karma baby! thank you for what you do but please take yourrecovery nice and steady. xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.