The Chateau Diaries #233 Lie-Lande, it's halfway to completion or halfway to disintegrating!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Half-way to completion" could be a bit optimistic / realistic. More a crumbling ruin with every step "forward".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I don't have high hopes for those California posers in France. They are boring af. What a bunch of weak asses stifling people's opinions.
You would think being Americans they might be a little less inclined to censorship. It’s a sad commentary on the state of the US when freedom of speech is suppressed out of greed and sycophancy. Chateau Vidal Sassoon will get no views from moi. Dull as dishwater ass kissers. Oh I do hope they read here!🧐

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
You know, just the fact that SJ has a flat in London she used (until just recently) to store her hoard of purchases should make everyone‘s blood boil. It’s been said before. The London place sits empty most of the time…she couldn’t have been renting it out when it was stuffed with all the garbage she and PhiPhi bought. She could easily sell the place and use the money on her “beloved farmhouse.” Honestly, why keep the London flat? For vanity? Does she need to maintain an address in the UK for some reason? If that’s the case, sell the flat and buy a cheap dump somewhere in England just for the address. It doesn’t make sense…but, then again, I’m trying to apply logic to a person who’s completely illogical.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
Look at this and how they entertain someone just mentioned it on Puy Vidal comments and this is what Fanny should be doing with her place
Beautiful property.

But it's only a "mas" (=farm).
Fanny has a "château"! (thinks Fanny) hmm, "castle"
well-meaning tattlers: farm
not so well-meaning ones: crumbling, filthy shithole

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
You know, just the fact that SJ has a flat in London she used (until just recently) to store her hoard of purchases should make everyone‘s blood boil. It’s been said before. The London place sits empty most of the time…she couldn’t have been renting it out when it was stuffed with all the garbage she and PhiPhi bought. She could easily sell the place and use the money on her “beloved farmhouse.” Honestly, why keep the London flat? For vanity? Does she need to maintain an address in the UK for some reason? If that’s the case, sell the flat and buy a cheap dump somewhere in England just for the address. It doesn’t make sense…but, then again, I’m trying to apply logic to a person who’s completely illogical.
I agree but all the current years of grifting not withstanding that flat is her guaranteed income for life, with this flat she is sitting on a goldmine and she knows it. Like so many places in this world it‘s location is a prime hotspot for exorbitant property prices and it’s value will continue to increase regardless of the lack of maintenance or any thing else she doesn’t do. Now that her income comes from other sources and she no longer has to rely on the rental potential she just has to sit back and do nothing knowing that this is an investment that is not going to fail. And we all know how much Fanny likes doing nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
her patreon flog has 436 likes and 66 comments but can't see how many views it's had

What is funny is that all the thumbnails for patreon, her eyes are heavily recoloured to be very bright sparkly blue (the dead cod eye comments she knows are so true, she has the cold soul less eyes of a shark) her skin is radiant and luminous with a filter, but she always forgets to do her neck which is whiteish grey like a slab of salt fish
---
Look at this and how they entertain someone just mentioned it on Puy Vidal comments and this is what Fanny should be doing with her place

Wow, that is perfection.

Reactions: 12
her patreon flog has 436 likes and 66 comments but can't see how many views it's had

What is funny is that all the thumbnails for patreon, her eyes are heavily recoloured to be very bright sparkly blue (the dead cod eye comments she knows are so true, she has the cold soul less eyes of a shark) her skin is radiant and luminous with a filter, but she always forgets to do her neck which is whiteish grey like a slab of salt fish
---

Stunning place, superbe location for beauty and practicality. Used the knowledge of a local architect and yet Puy Vidal who have all the hallmarkings for the same success ask La Landes idiot child's advice.
---
You would think being Americans they might be a little less inclined to censorship. It’s a sad commentary on the state of the US when freedom of speech is suppressed out of greed and sycophancy. Chateau Vidal Sassoon will get no views from moi. Dull as dishwater ass kissers. Oh I do hope they read here!🧐
If they don't, they should do for their own sakes. There's a wealth of information to be had here, not just slagging fanny off at every given chance.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
@T Rex from your musings from the last thread in regards to the absence of Dana at the Easter eggstravaganza. Could it be that Annalise and the boys were there. An opportunity to be as a family without her glaring presence. Just a thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m really pleased to have found the channel, albeit accidentally. Right up my street as it’s food and history - an excellent recipe!

~~~~~

Back to Lalande and a question for patrons. How many views - roughly - do the weekly Patreon exclusive, behind the scenes videos receive? I get the impression that views vs number of patrons is a rather lob-sided stat. Not asking for a specific reason, just idle curiosity.
Contributors can't see how many views Fanny's patreon vlogs receive. However, we can see how many likes are received and how many comments are made for each vlog. There's not much fluctuation each week and attached is a summary since the beginning of 2023.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I've unsubscribed but went on the internet to access comments and 16 hrs ago Miranda Levy said this on PV's tube comments in Spanish, here's my translation....
NIñas I love her channel, as Latina I am proud that a family with Latino roots is living this beautiful dream. I'll just tell you this: If you're going to take Lalande as an example, let it be WHAT NOT TO DO. Lalande is a ruin, every day it falls piece by piece, it is a disaster from beginning to end product of the bad decisions of its owner, who now uses social networks to scam people asking for money for renovations THAT NEVER DOES, in all that disaster Philip has had a lot to do. I do not doubt that he is not a noble person, but he does not have the experience or the preparation to tell you what path to take to improve your already beautiful castle. Trust yourself and the professionals I hire. AND GET AWAY FROM LALANDE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. At any moment that landfill collapses. Kisses to Maruca, I literally adore 💋💋💋💋💋 her
---
All other negative remarks have been edited but since this was in Spanish maybe whomever is screening from LaLande isn't bilingual. So it isn't Natty but maybe Snorts. He saw the heart emojis and assumed it was a positive comment.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
I have tried over the past year to extricate myself from watching various Châteauverse channels. I now find myself watching just as many of the old ones as well as new ones since you all peaked my curiosity. 🤭
One is the “Our French Château”. I must say that woman works her a.s off. While watching her clear brush around one of their outbuildings I was left to wonder why they don’t have or rent tools that would make the work less arduous. She could have benefited from the use of a clearing saw as opposed to the scythe that she was using.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
New-to-me YT channel popped up. The chap is faintly irritating but the content is interesting…if you’re into culinary history! I was amused that he devoted an episode to devilled eggs as they were so recently discussed here and have formed part of the Lalande epicurean experience more than once.

Thank you for the link! In ancient Rome it was traditional to begin every feast with hard boiled eggs. Devilled eggs were a favourite, especially spiced with expensive pepper. However, the Romans were extremely adventurous when it came to the types of eggs they ate. By our modern (and Western) tastes, ancient Roman food could seem bizarre. Eggs served at banquets were often filled with larks and flamingo tongues. Eggs were often ostrich, crocodile and lizard eggs from Egypt, vulture, eagles and various sea bird eggs - the more unusual the better. I've often thought I couldn't survive ancient Rome. I'd starve. It appears the ancient Romans would drink anything found in a bucket, and eat anything that couldn't crawl out of it. And here ends the history lesson.

I'm disappointed the Puy Vidals have resorted to Fanny's/Snortys tactics in censorship. From the critical posts I read on their latest vlog, no-one was rude. Everyone who offered their critical opinions did so in a constructive manner, with forethought and kindness. And that's actually a hard thing to do... be kind about Snorts. By deleting comments, the Puy Vidals have sunk to lieLande's level. If they want only sweetness and light, their vlogs should only feature Trubador the dog and their nameless cat, as no-one could be critical about them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
@lolair very interesting however I was just about to make lunch. Was going to have eggs! Took my appetite away.
I suppose when in Rome applies!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
That flat is her insurance policy. With the state of the current housing market in the UK a London flat is a goldmine. She won't sell it anytime soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Billy being strategic trying to win over more Patreon, not doing very well. There is impediments I know as we discussed last thread,
Those that follow him do you agree that in his last three Friday vlogs he tells you a little bit about what he filming in the weekend for Patreon.

This weekend Ryan and Billy going to pick up an antique, last week I think he joked he was going to service the lawn mower and show his 4 year old how to do an oil change. His views arre not great considering he has over 250 subscribers doesn't make 100k most days yet stephaine and her lesser number of subscribers consistantly get well over 120 views per video.

So should it be weekly, twice weekly or daily an interesting question
I just presumed Billy's comment(s) was ironic - nothing more/nothing less.
As to his YT earnings/ad revenue - I imagine that he earns far more by publishing 5 short vlogs per week than SJ does, or perhaps the same, IDK! :unsure: 70% of his vlogs are interesting AND, at least he is fully involved, get projects done and is honest - unlike some others!
Chateau Unwrap - what a coup it would be if you got Billy to actually join your podcast and comment on certain other chateau owners - anonymously and voice disguised, of course! We all know which ones he would love to spill the beans on, don't we?
It would be behind, beyond and above the chateau doors scenario. :LOL:
BUT, Caroline Gooder, AKA, Stephanie Jarvis et al, AKA motley crew, has 100% finally and truly shown herself to be nothing but a nasty, vindictive piece of work. No surprises there then as, at the end of the day, she just couldn't contain herself, could she? If she is not SJ, then that woman has serious mental health issues, no doubt about it! :rolleyes: :LOL:

Reactions: 13
Finally, after much thought, I understand:
Phillip is a true expert on structural problems: damp, rotten beams, cracked walls, black mold.
Who is a better expert than him to say something on the subject. He lives in such a building and understands it best
1. How cold are the damp walls
2. What does it mean when cold and moisture enter through rotten windows. Phillip will be able to recognize the "music" of drafts through true windows and doors.
3. Phillip knows how big a stove should be installed in each room and how much wood should be used to heat the wet and icy walls. He will probably suggest that they do not install anything, because he knows from experience that it is not worth heating. When he puts the biggest wood he can find into the furnace, he still has to wear three sweaters, a hat, a scarf and gloves.
4. Phillip knows, no matter how big or small the spot of black mold on the wall, it stinks and how long you have to keep the windows open so that you can at least breathe in the room to some extent. This is exactly why they will say that burning the stove is in vain because all the heat goes outside.
5. Phillip knows how to recognize a rotten beam because when he hangs an oversized and heavy chandelier on a damaged beam, it falls to the ground.
6. He also understands problems with pipes. They have almost no functional bathroom, all because of the broken pipes due to the cold. And again, since it is difficult to heat the rooms, because the walls are damp, you don't need to heat them, and of course you don't need to spend money on expensive bathroom equipment because they will be unusable in a very short time.
7. And finally, Phillip knows that wallpaper, stuck on a rotten wall, can still last a few years before it starts to rot, so it is best to invest money in expensive and better quality wallpaper.

Who says Phillip isn't an expert?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I’ve been coming to Tattle for quite a while. It’s been an eduction. In some delightful ways (you tattlers). But as for little Ms. Fanny Redface, all these many months since I first arrived, I am completely exhausted by her capriciousness and devious ways. What a complete loser she is. Every other chateau-verse channel has done more work than her on less grifted money, the Smugs are coming in second. I think her last accomplishment of note was making curtains 9 years ago on the last remnants of her daddy’s money. Her appeal in her earlier vlogs was based on complete lies regarding her work ethic. Now she deletes comments and hides her sloth. She barely hides her gluttony. She makes excuse, after excuse, after excuse.

I just want to see her downfall. I’d like something so massive to happen to her that she goes into hiding or to jail. At the very least I hope she is riddled with anxiety and a perpetually upset stomach from all the tit food and booze. Im getting tired of being diligent in my monitoring of the situation. We have shown her lies and ever increasing list of negative comments and pissed off viewers and nothing seems to be happening other than her stagnant growth. I’d like Dan or even Billy to steal all of her real Patreons away from her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
That flat is her insurance policy. With the state of the current housing market in the UK a London flat is a goldmine. She won't sell it anytime soon.
I agree, that flat is worth a fortune these days, as opposed to what she paid for it. That's the way the property cookie has crumbled in London during recent years, These days, prob at least £800K, if not more!
So, why would anybody sell it if other people are paying for whatever she needs at the HMN?
Although, like everybody knows, just because you aren't personally living there or, renting it out - you still have every day financial commitments. For example, council tax, daily utility standing charges, maintenance costs and, if I imagine, that it is leasehold, which I think it may well be, additional costs in that area too in having to pay for a management company too.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
quite a good flog she makes me laugh
Has she started telling jokes now? :ROFLMAO: 🙈
---
Stunning place, superbe location for beauty and practicality. Used the knowledge of a local architect and yet Puy Vidal who have all the hallmarkings for the same success ask La Landes idiot child's advice.
---

If they don't, they should do for their own sakes. There's a wealth of information to be had here, not just slagging fanny off at every given chance.
I've just unsubscribed... I can't take any more coat tail grabbers... why don't they dare to be different? They don't need to name drop Lielande, they think all the subs will migrate to them, but that's not really gaining viewers by their own credibility, sort of sneaking them in through the back door.... well I've just closed that door never to return.... shame really because I really liked their dog...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.