The Chateau Diaries #230 Philip is the bouillion cube of arm candy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god, first gift to be opened is from my friend Ngaire and her husband Roger.
I am embarrassed for them.

Ngaire's dressers and the collections they hold are featured in a book by photographer Simon Griffiths.
She has sent a copy to Stephanie.
Ngaire is obsessed. :eek:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
---
I’m way behind, page 18 of 34. Might have to do some “every other paging” as I like to call it. I took my daughter out for round two of prom dress shopping yesterday & she found her dress. The first one she tried on! Got home, took a few pics of her wearing it with her funky platform Mary Jane heels that she was hoping would work with it, then I got punched in the face, (not literally). Instantly sick, threw up four times and I was done for the day. I have no idea what happened. Maybe it was all those expired shrimp cocktails I ate at brunch? I feel fine today, got mostly caught up on YouTube and put the last coat of paint on my new vestibule (lil hallway) that I am transforming into the world’s smallest art gallery.
View attachment 2076523
You daughter looks gorgeous! Love her dress. Very beautiful color and style. I hope she has a great time at prom! Your little puppy dog is very cute. Hopefully, you will feel better soon!
---

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Thank you @graciemckitten. I sent my daughter an online pic of that dress and she sent me a different pic of the same dress, then she found it in person at the store one minute in and said this is the one. Sometimes you get lucky like that.

I was back to normal this morning. I have no idea what got me, but something got me good. I’m just glad it took effect after I got home and not whilst we we were out at the mall or driving home.🤮

*If you look carefully at my pic you can see my new flooring too.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I binged on a bunch of shows while I was working and doing things around the house this past week. Here is what I streamed and recommend:

If you have Amazon prime and are bored with the temporary lull in the chateauverse, you may want to watch Daisy Jones and The Six. It just premiered a couple of days ago.

It has Riley Keogh, the grand daughter of Elvis and lots of 70’s music. Great series.

On April 14th, the final season of Mrs. Maisel premiers on Amazon prime. Luke Kirby who plays comedian Lenny Bruce is phenomenal in the series.

On Netflix, you may like 8 part comedy series Wellmania. Very funny.

On Netflix, Unstable, a Rob Lowe 8 part comedy series. His real life son plays his son in the series.

---

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I’m way behind, page 18 of 34. Might have to do some “every other paging” as I like to call it. I took my daughter out for round two of prom dress shopping yesterday & she found her dress. The first one she tried on! Got home, took a few pics of her wearing it with her funky platform Mary Jane heels that she was hoping would work with it, then I got punched in the face, (not literally). Instantly sick, threw up four times and I was done for the day. I have no idea what happened. Maybe it was all those expired shrimp cocktails I ate at brunch? I feel fine today, got mostly caught up on YouTube and put the last coat of paint on my new vestibule (lil hallway) that I am transforming into the world’s smallest art gallery.
View attachment 2076523
Beautiful dress, stunning color!

• Heart
Since we are experiencing a temporary lull in chateau info, I am posting a few off topic posts. Sloan Bella did an interesting channeling of great country music artist Patsy Cline ( she died in 1963). She had the voice of an angel. You have to go thru a couple of ads first. Sloan does some spot on celebrity channeling.

Who is Patsy Cline?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I binged on a bunch of shows while I was working and doing things around the house this past week. Here is what I streamed and recommend:

If you have Amazon prime and are bored with the temporary lull in the chateauverse, you may want to watch Daisy Jones and The Six. It just premiered a couple of days ago.

It has Riley Keogh, the grand daughter of Elvis and lots of 70’s music. Great series.

On April 14th, the final season of Mrs. Maisel premiers on Amazon prime. Luke Kirby who plays comedian Lenny Bruce is phenomenal in the series.

On Netflix, Unstable, a Rob Lowe 8 part comedy series. His real life son plays his son in the series.

---
Celeste Barber (Wellmania) is well known in Australia for taking the piss out of celebrities.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Who has fries with pasta??? Is this something that Stuart learned at culinary school???
Stuart needs to develop some self-worth and learn the difference about being invited as a friend/guest vs. being wrangled in by a faux friend to cook for the weekend.
---
My money's on Scotman being the Easter Bunny this weekend and hiding Fanny's chocolate in the woods. That's the only reason Fanny's invited him for the weekend.

• Haha
  • Sad
I also ran some Schitt’s Creek in the background while working. Here are 2 of my favorite scenes from Schitt’s Creek where Patrick and David Rose first express their true feelings for each other thru different interpretations of the Tina Turner song, Simply the Best. So heartfelt, beautiful, and romantic. Easily some of the best scenes from the series.

Patrick sings the song at open mike night at the shop. You have to watch David’s response to the sentiments as he realizes what is happening. Moira his mother is even touched by the song and what is means for David,

David Rose’s response a few days later. Patrick is so happy.

Now I will stop posting non chateau related topics.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Nobody asked, but Ruby has kindly retrieved this document by downloading it from Fanny's computer whilst he was doing his well practised trick of pretending to take a tit in the plant pot in Fanny's study:
Why I am not worried that my patron funds are going down:
1. My target was only ever privately 150 euros a month and the gullibles exceeded my wildest dreams
2. Publically I have stated that my goal was $30,000 a month and my patron well exceeds that still
3. I have managed to earn over a million dollars from patron alone, spending so little of it, that I could now buy baghead out if he insists
4. Many of the other top ranked Youtubers have lost patron funding due to increased cost of living
5. I have dragged out the works as long as possible, mainly focussing on flowers and vegetables because that is cheaper than paying professional to do the internal stuff which won't benefit me as I have no intention of LaLande ever being more than a base.
6. My patrons think I am keeping the B&B open because I want to contribute as much as I can towards chateau renovation. They are still under the impression I love meeting middle aged, portly, loud and demanding guests when I despise them, unless, of course, they bring expensive gifts. Long may they think this. Meanwhile, I can keep my meetings with them to one dinner over a long weekend.
7. I have Youtube as an income stream and puffed out with expensive product deals, my vlogs are technically shorter and less reliant on views. This more than makes up for any loss of patron income.
8. I have managed to cut down my vlogging and editing time, spend no time engaging in comments, fiddle my timelines, take secret breaks, all without causing any loss of income. My fans are happy with my weekly brocante finds which they watch me buy, buy storage for, and store.
9. My patron days are so little advertised and provided for, that even I had to laugh at how little they cost.
10. Caroline Gooder now allows me to sleep all through the night, as I no longer have to sit up deleting comments. Why keep a dog and bark yourself?
11. I am still flying under the radar with my giftgrab. If people knew how much I make on that with gifts, deductions "for tax", interest earning funds until I pay my carefully chosen kickback charities, I might lose a bit of cred but Brenda Gibbons will be there in my defence.
On the whole I am delighted with my lot. My coat hood and "sad" vlog was a stroke of genius which proves there are no depths I cannot plumb and still enjoy the patronage of the old, the bored, the gullible, the sad and the stupid.
so much to unpack here and all true!

Reactions: 20
Thank you @graciemckitten. I sent my daughter an online pic of that dress and she sent me a different pic of the same dress, then she found it in person at the store one minute in and said this is the one. Sometimes you get lucky like that.

I was back to normal this morning. I have no idea what got me, but something got me good. I’m just glad it took effect after I got home and not whilst we we were out at the mall or driving home.🤮

*If you look carefully at my pic you can see my new flooring too.❤
The flooring looks fabulous. You could also take a photo of your daughter in your new awesome laundry room with the pretty overhead light.
---
Maybe Bun Boy and his sweetie Nutty Natti ???
Congratulations of your VIP Pekey!!!!❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think Fanny and Little Pecker are including all the mismatched, grungy chairs in the "50" !
Or they are including the chickens, peacocks and mice!
Or the owl and the pussycat!
Who are they trying g to fool?? They ain't got 50 friends!
Maybe the heating crew???
50 people??? At a stretch I can only think of about 32. Fanny better build a giant bonfire for them all to sit around to stay warm. Clara Burnett - please enlighten us.

Stay at Shitoo
Fanny, Snorty, Cuz, Natti, Pavlina, Jared, Marie, Potty, Chantal, Steven, Scotman, Grant & Wife + 2 kids, Kim R & husband, Stuart

Visit on Sunday
Dan + 2 kids, (maybe Annalise), Omberline & Kevin, Dana + 2, Kirsty & husband, 2 Poufs (because overload will stay at their place and Fanny will be serving food)

Reactions: 24
She slipped in that 50 people would be coming for Easter. Let's start a "guess" list of who might they be and which ones get the dodgy rooms to play Russian roulette in their 100 star robes!
Are they sleeping in the tents up the road?

• Haha
  • Heart
@Lady Avonlea I was just doing the same thing. I included Kim’s son.
I thought maybe the blonde with glasses as well and perhaps Cat. I was really struggling to think of her old friends who were coming. And maybe Manor & Maker. The two Journey to Chateau guys who gush over Stephanie and have already visited (after a phone invitation from Philip). They live a short drive away. And would love to see Bubble Girl back. I think it would cheer her up.

50 people??? At a stretch I can only think of about 32. Fanny better build a giant bonfire for them all to sit around to stay warm. Clara Burnett - please enlighten us.

Stay at Shitoo
Fanny, Snorty, Cuz, Natti, Pavlina, Jared, Marie, Potty, Chantal, Steven, Scotman, Grant & Wife + 2 kids, Kim R & husband, Stuart

Visit on Sunday
Dan + 2 kids, (maybe Annalise), Omberline & Kevin, Dana + 2, Kirsty & husband, 2 Poufs (because overload will stay at their place and Fanny will be serving food)
Manor & Maker and perhaps Chateau Love folks?
---
I just remembered...last year, the people from Puy Vidal, Lady of the Chateau, were invited. Remember - they bowed out at the last minute because they had found the first sightings of Boxwood Blight (or whatever it was....) on their boxwoods and had to stay at home to spray them?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Manor & Maker and perhaps Chateau Love folks?
---
I just remembered...last year, the people from Puy Vidal, Lady of the Chateau, were invited. Remember - they bowed out at the last minute because they had found the first sightings of Boxwood Blight (or whatever it was....) on their boxwoods and had to stay at home to spray them?
Wow that was a good excuse, wonder if they will come up with a better one this time?

• Haha
Reactions: 24

---
I’m such a fan girl of Riley now. There’s just something about her. She can really sing too. So can Sam Clafin. She also pulls her lip to the side sometimes when’s she’s singing. Just like Elvis. She’s got some of her granddaddy’s stardust in her, just like her mama.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.