The Chateau Diaries #22 The Church of Stephinology

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More derailing of the thread? This originated from a simple comment on Selmar's written comments 17 pages ago! Now we have an intensive discussion on the linguistics of French, English, German ,Romanian and Mandarin! Move on please.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Yes I think so, same house.
He is not an architect. That's what he says, but no.
Besides, I would say that because he knew that some of his "actions" had started to leak, he did not want to be in the spotlight. 😬😶
If you can watch the episodes he was in, you will see that he was with an English lady (a prerequisite to be on the show as he is not English). They she was acting as if they were a couple.
Later on she left the show and the man. Never to be seen again.
I watched this on ytube.
I know now who you’re talking about now. He is quite handsome. She (the partner he was doing the house up with was very attractive but much older In the Ch4 DIY series)... I remember SSB visiting him in vlogs. I’d say she was hoping for a bit of jiggedyjig action... - I’ll find him...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
If the money runs out, I fear it will be worse than it ever was, with projects started left, right and center, all left to rot away.
Can you imagine a half dug out amphitheater? An amphitheater... I still can’t get over that one. Again, if you have the money for your follies, great! But for others to fund them?
The Château, which I do think is charming with it’s rural appeal, is a glorified grannery! What’s wrong with that? Versailling it up with other people’s funds is just... &&)$??@??!
Someone mentioned integrity in renovations. None whatsoever here indeed.
Sorry, got carried away there!
I love catching up on here in the morning!

An amphitheater...well isn’t that just something that everyone should have. I know my neighbors would enjoy it if we had one. We could give impromptu performances and they could be treated to my daughter honking on her clarinet, me playing the scales on a trumpet because it’s the only thing I remember. The gentle sounds of my cat walking across an out of tune piano, my middle child trying to learn a ‘G’ chord on a ukulele that she had to have for her birthday, but never touches. My husband could practice his DJ skills by blasting 80’s rap music. I think it’s something everyone would enjoy for years to come.

The only thing I’d want to see in Stephiphany‘s amphitheater is Selmar singing, “Firestarter”.

You know how little kids love playing dress up. They set up a little stage, hang a bedsheet or tablecloth for a backdrop and do a little show for Nanna. This is the grown up version of that. A way to play dress up and entertain all of the Nanna patrons.

Next thing you know, she’ll be building a life size chess board where all of the guests can be real life chess pieces. Steph sitting on the sidelines with a megaphone, yelling out where to move.

Good grief, just build a swimming pool and re-pave the tennis court. It will give people something to do besides listening to her howl like a cat in heat. At least the Nanna’s in the audience can turn off their hearing aides. The rest of the guests would rather be swimming!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
@Espe as someone who has studied linguistics, what do you make of Stephanie’s sometimes strange pronunciations?
Many threads back discussed her pronunciation of “porcelain” and no one could figure it out.

Cool, I’ll try some sleuthing too. When you google “Stephan Botte architect” nothing professional comes up, just ETTCDIY stuff.
Porcelain I pronounce poor sah lin, if that’s helps but remember I sweep chimneys

I know now who you’re talking about now. He is quite handsome. She (the partner he was doing the house up with was very attractive but much older In the Ch4 DIY series)... I remember SSB visiting him in vlogs. I’d say she was hoping for a bit of jiggedyjig action... - I’ll find him...
Ya I wouldn’t mind jiggling with him lol

Reactions: 3
More derailing of the thread? This originated from a simple comment on Selmar's written comments 17 pages ago! Now we have an intensive discussion on the linguistics of French, English, German ,Romanian and Mandarin! Move on please.
I’ve never scrolled past so much in my life 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh calm down, we've always had the odd off-topic remarks here and there, it usually doesn't hurt anyone and you aren't a moderator here. I had to endure rows and rows of weird flirty exchanges with "Heathcliff" in earlier threads. Shudder. A few fun exchanges about language won't hurt anyone.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
It seems even English speakers find it difficult to master English! Classic source of annoyance with lots of people is the muddling of there, they're and their. Or not knowing the difference between to and too. I mean how hard can that one be 🤣
Throw in to the mix an inability to spell !!!
Oops 🙊

then try to keep ahead of the spelling police 👮‍♀️

Whilst holding ONTO your sence of humour -

that runs in very different territories-with multiple ppls different humours

best result ... use emojis
A picture tells a whole picture 🥸😎🥸

Oh calm down, we've always had the odd off-topic remarks here and there, it usually doesn't hurt anyone and you aren't a moderator here. I had to endure rows and rows of weird flirty exchanges with "Heathcliff" in earlier threads. Shudder. A few fun exchanges about language won't hurt anyone.
owwwwww who blew wind up your sails

did heathcliff not flirt with you ......

and ya wonder why ? 😎🥸🤪🤪🤪🤪

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I prefer the language digressions too, by far..........

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yes I think so, same house.
He is not an architect. That's what he says, but no.
Besides, I would say that because he knew that some of his "actions" had started to leak, he did not want to be in the spotlight. 😬😶
If you can watch the episodes he was in, you will see that he was with an English lady (a prerequisite to be on the show as he is not English). They she was acting as if they were a couple.
Later on she left the show and the man. Never to be seen again.
I watched this on ytube.
This guy... I cannot remember the name of his “partner” in the DIY series... they seemed to disappear in a poof of smoke..

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Throw in to the mix an inability to spell !!!
Oops 🙊

then try to keep ahead of the spelling police 👮‍♀️

Whilst holding ONTO your sence of humour -

that runs in very different territories-with multiple ppls different humours

best result ... use emojis
A picture tells a whole picture 🥸😎🥸

owwwwww who blew wind up your sails

did heathcliff not flirt with you ......

and ya wonder why ? 😎🥸🤪🤪🤪🤪
Oh dear oh dear some of us have bad eyes and dam predictive text or our fingers are so fat we press the wrong keys, or just not that pompous to give two flying pigs about grammer etc etc my opinion if you get the gist, I left Facebook because of obnoxious individuals and by the way your cohort operation ain’t that cohort not directed at you mojo

Reactions: 1
A very different story a few pages ago when the thread turned to opera. It didn't take very long at all for people to complain then. I didn't suggest at any point that I was a moderator but it seems to be a very different story when a few feel the need for grandstanding. Yes, each language has its challenges, is there a need to keep droning on about it?
Can anyone explain what a cohort operation is please? I understand what a covert operation would be but I'm clearly missing something.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Oh, lovely. So you have also 2 volunteers? One for arranging the flowers and one to lay the table and take the pics? 😉😉😉Or did you even do it on your own? 😂😂😂😘😘😘
Actually, BJJ came over to help set the table up. That was the reason he left Lalande. My mom wanted something simple, and BJJ did a good job! He also did the flowers, which in our humble opinion looked so much better than what FRK does. LokiCleveland might drop by this weekend so we had the stables ready. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ✌🍾

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
This guy... I cannot remember the name of his “partner” in the DIY series... they seemed to disappear in a poof of smoke..
OMG Yes! I remember this couple! He was quite handsome. I think the chateau was in his family, it was an interesting design. And by interesting, it looked like half of the chateau collapsed. They probably kicked them to the curb because his wife? girlfriend? was an absolute nut! She would talk about how she reno’d other homes, was an interior designer (in her own head) and the camera cuts to her spray painting a stencils on the wall! I laughed my ass off when they said they wanted to pave their downstairs floor, so they cut a chunk of stone out the pre-existing floor to see what was under it, just dirt! So here they are having a party, of course, with a dirt patch in the middle of the floor. Some of these couples are so dim witted it hurts!

The couple I enjoyed (laughed at) the most was the one where the husband kept breaking the granite countertops. Then there was the wife who insisted that the grass strip down their road remained as a local tradesman is laying gravel. Everyone out there raking gravel off of the grass. My husband laughed at that one pretty hard.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
She was called Nicole. On FB under Nicole Albert Interiors. There are comments on a post on 16 Sept 2018 about him. One saying 'Hi Nicole, love your work. Is there any truth to the rumour that Stephan isn't what he appears?' leading to bit more information. I must admit I was thinking when I watched it was he after her money, but then he seemed to be wealthy himself. Looks like he wasn't perhaps. Not sure whether he or SJ had the narrow escape 🤣

Reactions: 5
Unfortunately for us :) , in French we have 1) the Futur Simple 2) The Futur Antérieur or Futur du Passé (Past Futur) 3) the Futur Proche. And our wonderful Futur du Subjonctif (that we prefer to forget about
In English, we can't change the stem of a verb to make any pure future tenses, we have to add another word, eg "will" or "going to" to use as an equivalent of a simple future or use a present tense but they are all used for different purposes. We also have a kind of future perfect but not by changing the stem, we have to say "will have done". I think it may be slightly easier to change the stem of a verb as in most other languages.

I will shut up now; yesterday, I was explaining to a friend that if you now get a regular supermarket delivery from some shops, they predict what you Always/Sometimes/Never buy and put the Always and Sometimes things on automatically, so I had to go through and change all the "Sometimes" things to "Never" to stop them from doing this as it takes ages if you do it each time. You can then add things later on. It began to sound like a comedy sketch or a language lesson about adverbs of frequency. Fortunately, I am now retired although it may not sound like it! Sorry, will now get back to the even more annoying subject of the chatelaine!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
about that amphitheater, where would she build it? I don't have a clear picture of the land around the chateau but is it hilly enough? I don't remember any hillside to accommodate an amphitheater
What in the freakin' world does she need an amphitheater for? The music workshops they do hardly attract more than 20 people!
The woman is insane! Seriously, someone should have her checked in the head.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
OMG Yes! I remember this couple! He was quite handsome. They probably kicked them to the curb because his wife? girlfriend? was an absolute nut! She would talk about how she reno’d other homes, was an interior designer (in her own head) and the camera cuts to her spray painting a stencils on the wall! I laughed my ass off when they said they wanted to pave their downstairs floor, so they cut a chunk of stone out the pre-existing floor to see what was under it, just dirt! So here they are having a party, of course, with a dirt patch in the middle of the floor. Some of these couples are so dim witted it hurts!
Sounds familiar 🤔

• Haha
Thats
Unfortunately for us :) , in French we have 1) the Futur Simple 2) The Futur Antérieur or Futur du Passé (Past Futur) 3) the Futur Proche. And our wonderful Futur du Subjonctif (that we prefer to forget about ;)
That's what I remember, too😂😂

Talking of the wigs. Did anyone else notice the cockroach crawling on them.

Not totally clear from the pictures but if you can stomach it, go have a look.
I had a look at that part of the video. Cockroaches or not, there were indeed some critters there.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.