The Chateau Diaries #22 The Church of Stephinology

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone tell me who Alex is, and where he popped up? I seem to have missed him completely!!!
Jeopardy American game show. Was hosted by Alex. You answered questions with I'll take insert answer for insert amount of money.

Reactions: 1
Why would selmar of all people feel the need to say something on a public forum.
Because SJ had a fit, cried over spilled milk in a friendship only just started and that way made him feel like he had to do something to defend her. Flying monkey, if ever there was one.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
True enough, but someone’s appearance as the subject is neither corrupt nor foolish enough to warrant addressing for the betterment of society. Someone’s boobies aren’t a deserving target, it’s just mean.
I agree with the first part of what you said and people can be mean simply for the sake of being mean, it’s true. In this case, the boobies aren’t the target, vanity is the target, the foolishness of flaunting oneself or getting bad plastic surgery, but of course these behaviours can be true for men, too. Having said all of that, I don’t think it’s appropriate for a man to comment on a woman’s body as a subject of humour, no.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Seems to be a mix of UK & US fans mainly? I guess from the UK perspective it depends on how the new production company approach the new series and how prominently she features in it and that might get a few new viewers her way. But the US viewing market seems a bit more tricky for her to capture. Also now that the core ETTC programme has distanced itself from the DIY strand that would mean less cross fertilisation of viewers looking for more of the same. I guess if she can maintain her patreon income that will keep her going with chateau improvements, but if the numbers fall off for her as revenue she could be going down the slippery snake in revenue terms. I think that it would be harder for her to deal with the loss of viewers & attention than loss of money.
Design or make something LALA related. Sainsbury’s was heaving under chateau products the other day, bed linen, cake stands, mugs, pastry forks etc

• Heart
Reactions: 3
There’s some real hate in here.
I agree and that’s sad. But here’s the thing, at least it’s out in the open here, flying around for people to either grab onto or cast it aside, like you seem to prefer. That’s everyone prerogative, right?
I can assure you that there’s just as much hate on SJ’s side of the tit-show-story, cleverly hidden by the let’s-always-be-possitive-and-delightful maffia her doctrine has created (removing each and every critical note on all her channels is the most eye-catching part of that strategy, but it goes way beyond that, the bullying can be rather intense). You can chose to ignore that as the outrage might seem disproportionate to you. I for one am relieved that many here seem to be interested in the bigger picture.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
Exactly. I roll my eyes everytime Ian the builder brings in the pastries & I can see his face lights up when she acts like she's just sooooo grateful & he's so clever and helpful blah blah blah blah. I want to shake him. IAN WAKE UP!!!! she's using you fella.
And how sad he's dyed his hair blonde , to look like her!! 🙈👱

Reactions: 3
Is there some conflict between Anna and stefniii already. Why would selmar of all people feel the need to say something on a public forum. View attachment 465892View attachment 465893View attachment 465894
Oh Selmars got his knickers on a twist Didn’t realise Princess Stephanie had the monopoly on video timings. Anna and Philipps video was great, inspiring and funny. A lovely couple

Is there some conflict between Anna and stefniii already. Why would selmar of all people feel the need to say something on a public forum. View attachment 465892View attachment 465893View attachment 465894
Look who started the thread though BG

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I can’t take the negativity. There’s some real hate in here.
So funny that you say that, given your posts in other threads: “Angelina is really moody. Phil is usually all doom and gloom and bitching all the time. If they are wondering why their numbers aren’t better they need to look in the mirror.” Why so negative?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m American and I can’t stand that opportunistic pair. They’re like Martha Stewart on steroids.

I like the shitaloo because it seems way more real. I think Stephanie has just enough money to run with the posh crowd, but not enough to really keep up. Like having 6 grand but needing 12 to have all the proper stuff to fit in on a trip. And because they like her, her rich friends pay for her because they know she can’t. With no money left to take care of the shitaloo, she aggrandizes her life to make up for it falling far short of her peers’ or friends’. That’s just my guess. I also think her dad liked fine things and taught her about them, but there are times when she doesn’t seem to know the value of antiques or what some of the items are used for. That is especially the case when she lays a table. She doesn’t seem to know that much about etiquette or flatware.

Mainly though she’s never had to grow up. No kids. No power marriage. No real job. I’m married, no kids, had the job, own a business. The stuff you do with no kids, and no marriage is basically whatever the hell you want. I think that’s what’s bbgoing on here. But I also think it comes from a place of sadness. Her dad facilitated her life and shared her interests and dreams. Him dying unexpectedly, probably gutted her. I seriously doubt her mother pays out like her dad did, but I think she pays if it’s needed. If she’s having some success now and has found something that gives her purpose, I think that’s great. Some people get paid on Patreon to read books or analyze tv shows. She’s earning that money fair and square. She’s also getting the place in order.

I have had many of the same questions about the situation because it didn’t make any sense. For a while i thought maybe she was tricking men out of their money or a rich persons poor relative. I didn’t know what to think. I think she’s been a lost little soul, running with the rich and too poor to keep up.

Anyway, I said the jury was out for me a while back and now I think it’s in. Final verdict, she’s not been 💯 about her situation in the past, she’s come clean, she’s showing progress, she’s churning out videos, she’s happy, and if she keeps working, she’ll do well. As for you lot, while I appreciate the background and secret agent work, as well as other people’s opinions - I can’t take the negativity. There’s some real hate in here.
Just scroll past, I do frequently. Regrettably for you this will target further comments and personal justification for grievances. I’m only interested in the witty comments, as none of my comments are ever witty. It is only a gossip forum.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Tattle.life exists for folks to poke fun, expose, or lambast, those who put themselves in the public eye and attempt to preach or make money out of it. The best threads are where everyone plays together without attacking each other. The Harry and Meghan thread has steam coming off it at the moment so strong is the vitriol for the gruesome twosome, but there's no bullying of fellow posters. There are some fantastic witty posters on here at the moment and that's what I like best too.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The rabid fans on DIO and CD allowed to abuse other fans that will hurt them in the long run. The only channels that works for are ones that appeal to millions of girls ages 10 to 15. Right now they are driving away the life blood of their channel subs and veiwers. It's immature mean granny gang dumpster fire and it's not sustainable.
I too saw the comments, made me laugh. I also asked, politely, on one of the DIO vlogs, about Mick doing/showing the work on his part of the Chateau ... WOW did I get an ear bashing! Told I was being rude as the had to finish MPs cottage/don’t rush them/everything in hand etc., etc., really slapped on the wrist! Don’t comment anymore ... actually don’t usually watch or skim through any of their vlogs - without subscribing and skipping ads! If they cannot police their aggressive ‘fans’ or allow constructive criticism then then don’t get my custom/patronage!

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Look who started the thread though BG
That woman keeps me fascinated. She starts controvercy almost daily, with passive aggressive posts that seem to be targating SJ, but in the end she always backs down and settles for her place in the shittelaine’s shadow. I mean, since she’s reading here, she has all the ammunition to deal a devastating blow to SJ’s image, so why not hit where it hurts? What’s her endgame?

Reactions: 16
It’s so strange. You would think they would know to keep quiet.

also both mpk and Dan have used the times of videos effectively to grab people over from one to the other. So would think that Anna and Steph would consider timings somewhat too.

selmar being bothered is odd. I think your right that he was put onto it.
Absolutely Selmar was put up to it. As usual SJ getting someone else to do her dirty work for her. She's running out of options now, Philip gone, Marie not in the gang so by using Selmar who is the mild mannered nice guy shows she has really done a number of him too. And if there is any backlash from La Fleur she can completely absolve herself of any blame. 'Oh, Selmar. I did explain to him afterwards that it didn't matter one bit - but what can I say Selmar!! He's not very computer savvy & who cares about overlapping timings! He loves to ride to my rescue, even when I don't need saving bless him. Loved your vlog by the way, just caught up with it. Now when can we talk about you and your lovelies coming for Easter!! '

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Absolutely Selmar was put up to it. As usual SJ getting someone else to do her dirty work for her. She's running out of options now, Philip gone, Marie not in the gang so by using Selmar who is the mild mannered nice guy shows she has really done a number of him too. And if there is any backlash from La Fleur she can completely absolve herself of any blame. 'Oh, Selmar. I did explain to him afterwards that it didn't matter one bit - but what can I say Selmar!! He's not very computer savvy & who cares about overlapping timings! He loves to ride to my rescue, even when I don't need saving bless him. Loved your vlog by the way, just caught up with it. Now when can we talk about you and your lovelies coming for Easter!! '
Exactly. As an extra bonus for SJ for using Selmar as her preffered flying monkey of choise this time around, she puts his poor language skills on full display again, as she usually does in the vlogs too. The perfect humiliation tactic to keep him at bay. Yikes!

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.